No Stupid Questions Thread

ITT: There are no stupid questions. Ask away, and other anons will answer.

Attached: 1544418927104.jpg (576x767, 104K)

White people and their...
> Shufflea deck, picks card
... water drinking!

Why is OP gay?

What does "OHP" and "1/2/3/4" mean?

I am not.

What is overload and hypertension?

tips for running a marathon

OHP is over head press. It’s an important exercise. Look it up if you don’t know what it is

I recently hurt (hurt not injured) my lower back deadlifting, now whenever I really clench my glutes I can crack something in my lower back? Is this bad? Has this happened to anyone else?

1/2/3/4 means you can do 135 for overhead press, 225 for bench press, 315 for squat, and 405 for deadlift and for a one rep max. OHP means overhead press

Thank you, anons.

Pounds or kilograms?

1/2/3/4 refers to the weight you should be able to lift at some point while you are still a "beginner". 1 plate ohp, 2 plate bench press, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift. Each plate being a 45 pound plate, and referring to plates per side, so 135 ohp, 225 bench, etc.

So that is only a goal for those just starting? Not those who have been at it for long?

The numbers this user quoted (135,225,315,405) are in pounds.

Ya 1/2/3/4 is really a goal geared to those who are just getting into lifting. The next step after 1/... is 1.5 or 2/3/4/5.

What does .t or t. mean?

1/2/3/4 is for 5x5. NOT 1 REP.

1/2/3/4 for 1 rep is piss easy... the whole point of 1/2/3/4 is to do it while running a 5x5 program, hence 1/2/3/4 means for 5x5 5 sets of 5 reps... NOT 1 rep, it's 5x5.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

overload is increasing the load. Over your normal load.

Hypertension is high blood pressure.

Shorthand for a Finnish word, terveisin, basically just means regards.

Do you guys prefer overloading or volume for Bulgarian DL? Pass a certain weight threshold I tend to use my lower back even if o I’m trying not to

Where do you keep your keys when you go running? I feel like they're going to fall out of my pocket

I don't lock my doors, why would I if im only gone for less than an hour

Im doing PPL 6 days a week but feel like a little bitch taking rest days should I just skip them and grind everyday? Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day but my body isn’t sore or tired I want to work out :(

How long you been doing 6 days a week for?
How has your progress been?

Skinny af and need some weight.
PPL 6 days or SS/SL?

SS + GOMAD

either use zippers or if you listen to music while running with the wires in wrap the keys around the wires so it dosent fall off

What's the 1/2/3/4* ohp/bench/squat/DL equivalent for dips and pull-ups**?
Bonus rounds: same question for barbell rows (bent-over rows), barbell lunges, trap bar deadlifts, pendlay rows, power cleans, DB bench press.

*As 1/2/3/4 pl8 for a 5 reps max or working set, because why would you test a 1RM at this kind of weight and calculators are not that accurate.
**As a multiplier of bodyweight for weighted calisthenics makes most sense I guess.

I barely got off SS. Been about two weeks so far even though I’ve progressed tremendously I doubt PPL has much to do with it.

What is "PPL" and "SS"?

I was thinking about buying some whey to get more protein. I'm on a cut though, and heard increase in protein can reduce hunger. Anyone who's made/drank protein drinks while on a cut for an extended period give some thoughts about whether it helped them?

Push Pull Legs
Starting Strength

Dips is 3pl8 for reps.
Pull up is 1.5pl8 for reps.
Chin up is 2 pl8 for reps.
Barbell rows (pendlay) is 2 pl8 for reps
Trap Bar deadlift is 5 pl8 for reps
Power clean is 90kg for reps
DB bench press is 40kg each for reps

seem like good beginner standpoint similar to 1/2/3/4

Please elaborate.

What does senpai and desu mean?

>be me
>me and chick from my gym get along well
>she has a bf but long distance
>she hardly ever talks about the guy
>she is pretty outgoing, kind of touchy
>she leaves
>hit her up on fb, pretty casually
>talk a bit
>ask her if she wants to hangout sometime
>she completely 100% blocks me off fb without answering

Did I do anything horribly wrong? My mates think I dodged a bullet and she might overreact to alot. Also suggested that her bf has access to her fb.

Attached: 1420766127958.jpg (605x843, 124K)

Tie the key ring to the drawstring of your shorts.

>she has a bf
not a good look user, especially if you knew the guy

GOMAD doesn't seem to get many positive responses, does it?

Long distance never works. She wanted a new man (you). Her bf probably found out and made her block you, or she felt really guilty and blocked you so she doesn't cheat. The first reason is most likely. Next time you see her ask her what happened to her facebook, and she'll realize her boyfriend blocked you, she'll get angry at him, and youll get a nice qt gf

How far can a person increase strength without increasing muscle mass?

Lift but on a calorie deficit.

reason I asked to hang irl is because she switched gym times because of work and I haven't seen her in weeks

Anyone else have trouble waking up early? I'm finally starting to work out consistently but often do it in the afternoon because I'm a lazy fuck who loves sleep. Even when I go to bed earlier I still want to sleep until the late morning/early afternoon but I want to start working out in the morning instead.

How do I get better at dragging myself out of bed?

It does seem incredibly fishy she blocked you even though you hit of off IRL. Probably her bf had something to do with it and jealousy.

Overhead Press

95lb OHP
180 Bench
270 Squat
360 Deadlift

It's a bit of a broad question, but how exactly does one get fat? Obviously ~3,000 calories = 1 pound, and obviously your body burns X-amount of calories every day on its own, but I've read cases of people eating well over that and not visibly getting fat overnight. How long and how much does it really take somebody to get fat?

You count the bar user. We are not starting this. You always count the bar. +45lbs to all those.

Attached: 1529298314795.jpg (720x644, 45K)

Yeah not really a graceful response like alot of other chicks would give. She didn't have to accept the friend request or talk to me so complete shutout is just a bit of surprise. Also this after she knew me irl.
Such is life I suppose

Attached: 1414783214438.jpg (1959x1469, 361K)

You can't perform the exercise without the bar

>bench nothing, 0lbs lifted
>bench the bar, 45lbs lifted
You count the bar

The bar is integral to the lift, do you count the weight of your arms?

Yes my arms are a part of my weight..

you can count bodyweight on dips and pullups imo

Another question re: 1/2/3/4

Is it strange that I am so much closer to 1 than any other?

The other day I did 3 reps of 125lbs for ohp, yet for bench im still only at 175lbs for 4 reps, 225 for squat and 295 for diddly.

How about once a person reaches their natty limit for lean mass? Can you increase strength significantly without putting on fat?

Can I get 1/2/3/4 while staying at 70kg? I don't want to gain a lot of weight and start a new cut.

cmon OP its QTDDTOT round here.

Push means that day is for exercises that have a pushing motion.

Pull is for a pulling motion.

Legs is just leg exercises.

If you see something like pplxppl it means you do push, pull, legs, rest day, push, legs.

Etc.

Not all bars weigh the same so it is good practice to include the bar so somebody with a skinny standard 20lb bar knows what you're talking about even though you use an Olympic 45lb bar

Quite hard, but doable. 80kg+ is becomes very easy to hit 1/2/3/4. 70kg you have to train and be veryfocused to hit 1/2/3/4 easily

Running shorts have a key pocket. Remove your house key from the ring and put it in the key pocket of your running shorts.

How to not have 6 inch bony wrists?

How do I fix my anterior tilt? Im not even sure I have it, but my belly really goes forward, back arcs like an IG thot

Bulgarian DL? Do you mean Romanian? If so, like all exercises you should cycle between heavy blocks and volume blocks
Although on RDLs going heavier than 5 reps is pretty dangerous.
Ie 5x5 adding weight till you can’t, then switch to say 3x12 adding weight till you can’t and repeat

my glutes are never sore after squatting. should i increase or decrease my depth?

Increase unless you’re already atg
And I never ‘feel’ the muscle in my quads or glutes doing squats, I just feel tired
But they still grow regardless. Good form and heavy weight grows your legs whether you ‘feel’ it or not.

Hammer curls at the end of every upper body day. It takes months of them.

I see. Maybe I will consider bulking very slowly and make sure to stay lean.

Is it possible to cut by training strength? If so, should I go for high weight low reps, or low weight high reps?

Either her man pulled the plug or she was just playing you for the attention and it got too real for her
She sounds quite unprepared for the turns life throws at her if she is surprised by this

have fun with the ugly bloat and shit-stained drawers if you listen to this guy

my spine is a lil twisted in two places and sometimes get shooting pains in my fingers and shoulder. If I keep lifting will it get worse?

hand

What did non-whites mean by this?

Read Jack Daniels running formula. It outlines everything you need to know. To get started, pick a race at least a year away if you've not run more than a 5k before. build an aerobic base by doing long slow distance 4-5x/wk, extralong run on Saturday, rest on Sunday (e.g. 5, 5, X, 5, 5, 7, X). When you're comfortable with that, start to increase weekly mileage by no more than 10%/wk. So from previous example, you might increase to: 6, 5, X, 5.5, 5, 8, X.
Now you start adding tempo runs where you warm up at normal jogging pace, then hold a steady state lactate threshold pace for 2mi, then cool down. So 5T signifies 2mi wu, 2mi LT pace, 1mi cd. Now you have:
6, 5T, X, 5.5, 5, 8, X.
Continue steadily adding 10%/wk and periodically raise the distance of your weekly tempo run.
Do this for 3mo.
*LT pace is found by steadily increasing from a jog until you begin to feel the burn in your thighs, then back off just a hair so that the burn is faint but still present.

yes, because the more muscle your body has the more fat you will burn. train high weight low rep to gain/retain strength depending on how experienced you are.

some bitches ghost you out of nowhere sometimes, they do that. You'll find a good lass someday user

After 3mo, you have built a solid aerobic base and hopefully developed good form and diet and stretching... The lifestyle.
Now you should have no problem running 6x/wk (e.g. 7, 7, 7T, 7, 7, 11, X).
At this point you can add fartlek intervals to your training. In a FL, you alternate periods of high speed with periods of jogging recovery, with no stopping. A starting scheme would be 30sec on, 60sec jog, repeated 10x for a total of 15min of which 5min is at high speed. This should come out to approximately 2mi, so 5F signifies a 2mi wu, ~2mi fartlek workout, and 1mi cd.
Depending where your fitness is, you can either do fartleks instead of or in addition to tempos. The latter would look like this:
7T, 7, 5F, 7, 7, 12, X.
When you're comfortable with that, toughen it up by adding volume in the form of more reps or by progressing through the following on/off schemes over the next 3 months: 30/60, 60/60, 2/2, 3/2. Never do the same workout two weeks in a row. Since you're new, you should be improving quickly. At this point, you're adding more intensity to your schedule, so you should slow your volume increase to 5%/wk or 10%/2wks.
*fartlek is run at VO2max pace, meaning you should feel the burn in your legs almost immediately, and it should steadily build until the end of the ON interval. The recovery jog can be slower than your normal jog, but must be faster than a walk!

No. Its not for a 1RM or a 5x5. That's just as fucking arbitrary. Its for a 5RM. For the record I'm calling you out as a troll or victim or trolling.

5RM is the same as 5x5

When you measure your cock do you press the ruler down or not

>counting the bar

Now it is time to add distance intervals to your schedule. Start with 3x1mi @5k race pace (wu and cd should go without saying). This will be hard! Take standing/walking rest until your heart rate settles to ~120 before starting the next interval. Over the next 3mo, play with the interval scheme. Have some fun with it, but be sure to get some 800s in (start with x4, increase to x8 or 10) as well as 1200s, 1600s, 2400s, and 3200s (x2-3). After about a month, take walking/jogging rest instead of standing/walking. Consider taking a longer break for water in the middle of long intervals. Trade this workout for your weekly tempo or fartlek and rotate between the three workouts so you're training your aerobic capacity, LT, VO2max and economy every week or two. With this intensity, your weekly volume should be steady or just creeping up by no more than 1mi/wk during this period, all of which goes into your long run. You should run 20 nonstop at least once before you attempt to race 26.

is squatting/deadlifting barefoot actually viable

B O N E P R E S S E D

3mos out from race day, it's time to start cruise interval, where you basically do fartlek-tempos. Which is to say, on your long day, do a 2mi wu, then 3-5mi @ goal race pace, then 1mi at normal distance pace, x3. This will be a new sensation! It will help you preview the grind of long sustained effort as well as muscle memory for regaining proper pace after a slowdown. Weekly mileage should be flat at this point.
Finally, 1mo from race day, you taper off your training by 25% to prevent last - minute injury and also give you the freshest legs for game time. 3 weeks out, drop another 25%. Your last long/ cruise run should be 2 weeks out, and after that you should keep it to 3-5/day, with 2 rest days/wk. You will be bouncing off the walls with all the energy you're used to expending every day! And your legs ... for the first time in a year, they're not sore! Now you're ready to run a marathon.

mfw I will never 1/2/3/4 because I have blown out knee bone on bone with perma screwed together kneecap.

Resistance bike anyone?

when is this meme gonna die?

>pushing the ruler in
>counting the bar
>wearing shoes on the scale
>coiffing hair for height
>flexing for pictures
>claiming 1/2/3/4 but it's your 1RM
>considering yourself no longer a virgin even though you haven't even raised a child to working age
>thinking you've actually made it, ever

Realistically as a n00b, whats stopping me from doing the following for 3 days a week?

• 3x5 / 1x5 Squats (alternating)
• 3x5 Bench
• 1x5 / 3x5 Deadlift (alternating)

In time, I might also add lateral raises and chin-ups at the end of each workout for aesthetic reasons.

Attached: 1542496843514.jpg (1080x1340, 875K)

I want to start boxing, but I live in an apartment and can't hang up a heavy bag anywhere. Are there any alternatives so that I can actually fucking punch something with impact, or do I have to just keep shadow boxing and cry about it until I can buy a bag and stand?

Is there any reason not to do dumbbell presses? I never see anyone do them. Are they at all equitable to a bench press, or not even close?

Attached: frazetta_viking_barfight.jpg (683x1024, 172K)

I've been lifting somewhat consistently for 5 months and am sitting at .59/.73/.67/.52. Should I do SS or stay on PPL?

How much is a plate in kgs?

What exactly is 1/2/3/4? And how much is that in kg?

I read about it all the time, but have no comprehension of this concept.

A plate is about 20 kg (and so is the bar)
So 1 plate is 60 kg, 2 plate 100 kg, 3 plate 140 kg and 4 plate 180 kg

Generally, a good deal on used plates is $1 per pound. A plate is 45lbs, so that's $45.

One dollar is equal to 0.014 Kyrgystani Som, so that comes out to one plate being about 3,143.25kgs

Join a boxing gym. You'll never develop proper technique just hitting a bag on your own.

They're great, though bench is more practical when you lift heavy

Go to a boxing gym if you have no idea how to box

A
Squats
Bench
Barbell row
DB flyes
Curls
AB

B
DL
OHP
Pullups
Dips
Lateral raises
AB

Just do 3 sets of everything and you're set

What portable heart rate monitor do you recommend?

Attached: Apple-Watch-Heart-Monitor-780x570.jpg (780x570, 72K)

I get a sharp/stinging pain in my right shoulder when lifting flat bench. Is this a problem with my form or is something wrong?