/fast/ - #342 - AAAAAAAAAAA EDITION

FAQ
>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

>Why should I fast?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
reddit.com/r/intermittentfasting/wiki/studies
idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
Read all of these, they might answer some other questions you may want to ask.

>Can I fast if I have ___?
See your doctor before fasting if you:
>Have any sort of chronic illness
>Have gout
Don’t fast if you:
>Have type 1 diabetes
>Are malnourished/severely underweight
>Are pregnant
>Are breastfeeding

>How do I safely do an extended fast?
Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
The apple cider vinegar and lemon are optional.
You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

>Won’t I go into starvation mode?
No. It only occurs at extremely low body fat (8-10%).

>Will (something with calories) break my fast?
Yes, headass.

>Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

>Do I need a multivitamin?
No

Previous thread:

Attached: RAW.jpg (700x493, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FUCKING HELL I CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE THREAD RIGHT

PREVIOUS THREAD: JAN 1ST. THIS WEEK IS FINALS, GOING TO BE UP ALL NIGHT STUDYING FOR TWO TESTS. IF FASTING IS GOING TO DROP YOUR LETTER GRADE, I WOULD CONSIDER HAVING A SMALL REFEED.

Walmart had Himalayan Pink Salt but not NoSalt.....

SERIOUSLY? DID THEY HAVE ANY OTHER BRANDS?

Hey, can someone help me where i can buy the sneka juice ingredient in Europe?

Amazon?

Do I need snek juice if I'm only doing 72s weekly?

So I’m doing the Warrior diet and I heard it’s fine to snack on fruits and nuts and shit throughout the day before you break your fast with a big dinner. What are some fine things to snack on and what should I avoid?

I got my nosalt at walmart. Ordered it so it was ready for pickup at the store. I was already a day or so fasted at that point, it's not the end of the world if you just start.

I ended up powering through the hunger and getting my essay done with the help of a cup of black coffee. Thanks for the reply

I'm having a hard time taking you seriously right now when you're waiting for the new year. You can't even fast through winter break? Afraid of telling your parents you won't eat their honey glazed xmas ham?

Snacking is not fasting. Whatever this diet is it isn't fasting and you should discuss it somewhere else. Snacking on fruit is just spiking your insulin, making muscle catabolism more likely.

I want Cole to piss on my face

>can't find pink or NoSalt near me
>order online
>taking forever to deliver
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Will my muscles eat themselves on a fasted workout? After all how would they get repaired with no food ?

If you're body fat is below 8%, yes.

Quick question Cap

Major differences of lifting while fasted and lifting after a feed? (Ex: lifting 30 minutes after your first meal during 16:8)

It's optional for a 3 day fast. Anything longer and you should be taking it unless it's a dry fast.

Why the fuck hasn't fasting taken off in the mainstream? Its so much easier to not eat one day than to go to the gym for 3 or 4 hours to burn 3k calories.

Ok? So the ”notIntermittentFasting Warrior Diet” thing is just a meme and I should eat absolutely NOTHING at all?

Is fasting compatible with working out at all?

Well eating nothing kind of IS what fasting is all about user

First do you think mega food wants people to take a break from their addiction fueling products? Second people for the most part don't have willpower and will make a stink when they fail.

I dream of amazon being in my country

Yes

gay

idk about your country but in sweden they have 50-50 potassium and sodium mixes in most supermarkets. I vaguely remember cole saying you can use that and then do the math on how much pink salt you should add.

Has anyone else fallen for the urine therapy meme?
I tried it yesterday and it tasted like vomit.
Then i saw that it tastes differently depending on what you eat, im also a big nicotine addict wich i guess maybe affected it.
Cant wait to do a pissfast

WHAT YOU CAN DO IS DRY FAST UNTIL IT GETS THERE. YOU CAN BREAK THE FAST WITH COCONUT WATER.

ON A 16:8 IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER AT ALL. IF YOU EAT BEFORE THE WORKOUT, DON'T THROW UP.

I DID IT DURING 72S AND WAS FINE. MORE RECENTLY WHEN I TRIED IT, I COULDN'T GET PAST 48S BECAUSE I'M A BITCH. FOR FAT BURNING, IT IS INSANELY GOOD, AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY STILL GET STRONGER ON A FASTING ROUTINE IF YOU REFEED CORRECTLY.

THERE'S ALSO THE BRAINWASHING THAT HAPPENS AS A KID. BREAD ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD PYRAMID? WHAT KIND OF STRAIGHT BULLSHIT IS THAT, BEING TAUGHT TO GRADE SCHOOLERS?
THEN THERE'S THE COMMON MISCONCEPTION THAT YOU'D DIE IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY FOOD OR WATER FOR 3 DAYS.

FOOD ADDICTION IS ALSO CRAZY REAL AND SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE. ASK A FAT OR OVERWEIGHT PERSON IF HE KNOWS IT'S UNHEALTHY TO EAT THAT MUFFIN AND GENERALLY THEY'LL SAY YES. THAT'S AN ADDICTION, FOLKS, AND IT'S KILLING OVER 25% OF THE WORLD EVERY YEAR.

who.int/en/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-causes-of-death

CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THAT SHIT? IMAGINE IF EVERYBODY FASTED - YOU'D SAVE 15 MILLION PEOPLE DYING PREMATURELY, YOU'D LOWER MONOCULTURE GROWTH IN COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE, YOU'D LOWER ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION, BY EVEN PROMOTING OMAD YOU CAN GIVE A SINGLE PERSON 20+ DAYS OF EXTRA FREE TIME PER YEAR, AND MUCH, MUCH MORE.

THIS WOULD WORK YEA. THE 50:50 IS ACTUALLY REALLY NICE BECAUSE YOU CAN JUST USE THAT BY ITSELF - BAKING SODA WOULD BE OPTIONAL IN THIS CASE.

I'M GOING TO TRY IT ONE DAY, BUT I NEED TO MUSTER UP THE BALLS TO DO SO. I WAS THINKING OF DOING A LONG ASS DRY FAST THEN BREAKING IT WITH PISS.

reminder that if you're lazy or can't find snake juice ingredients, you can use some of this mixed in with some pink salt. It's what I use when on OMAW

Attached: Ultima-CherryPomegranate-Open-20ctBox-450x600.jpg (450x600, 31K)

just take a shot the next time you pee to get over the fear of doing it.
i mean its not dangerous in any way

All I managed to find was the himalaya salt, lo-salt (66% less natrium) applecider vinegar and Evian mineral water. Can I put all of them together for a half-decent juice? Or ignore the vinegar?

>first time under 95 kg in 5 years

Attached: 1516607883652.jpg (786x618, 53K)

Proud of you fat boy

I ment 90*

seeing that 8 meant a lot

Attached: 899.png (426x364, 14K)

why does it feel like I always spike a fever after 25 hours into fasting

How bad is it that if I don't have magnesium sulphate?

Holy shit lads, I just got full marks on my orgo exam
Looks like studying while fasting isn't that much of a bad idea

you only need the NaCl + KCl, everything else is optional

Guys when doing keto OMAD can you eat under maintanace or will that fuck up your metabolism? I can't hit 1200kcal in one fucking meal

Any nordics here?

Do YOU just buy Seltin for The juice?

Nope. I'm going to do 48s for a while like you were saying was OK while I order off amazon.

that's fine, also if 1200 kcal is too much, you probably can do longer fasts (48s, 72s) now
ingredients seem good so go for it

YOU'LL NEED THE POTASSIUM FOR LONGER FASTS. YOU CAN DO SHORTER ONES AND EAT FOOD WITH POTASSIUM IN IT OR JUST DO REALLY SMALL REFEEDS WITH FISH OR COCONUT WATER.

WITHDRAWALS FROM SOMETHING OR IT'S JUST YOUR BODY ADJUSTING. NORMAL.

NOT EVEN THE HALF/HALF SALT SHIT? SALT SUBSTITUTE? THAT'S SOME FUCKEY SHIT

Fasting won't teach you discipline. Stop it.

Attached: 1533564093865.png (550x550, 407K)

Fasting already requires discipline, dipshit

>not doing something you normally have done 3 times a day for years of your life won't teach you discipline
Whatever you say shitpost-kun

I do 48hr every weekend, I used to do 7 days fasts no problem, but now that just a few lbs away from my goal weight it's getting harder to go for more than 2 days, for some reason

Nothing. I'm in Canada though not America. Walmart is shittier here.

that's perfectly normal, your body tries to keep its last fat reservers so it releases the relevant hormones to keep you eating. but at 1200 kcal a day, you will still lose like crazy, unless you're a 5 ft 100 lbs sedentary woman

>skip breakfast for 3 weeks, basically doing 16-8 fast
>go see my parents
>they ask if im sick, say my face looks sunken, say i look tired and ill
>realize i actually do feel down and depressed
>start eating breakfast again, fine and sunny in a week

Hmmm.....

IT GETS HARDER THE LEANER YOU GET.

WHAT'S YOUR BIG NAME BRAND STORE? TRY THERE OR GROCERY STORES. IF IT REALLY MEANS THAT MUCH TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS, START CALLING STORES.

LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED FOOD BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE IN LIFE. CONGRATS, YOU ARE A BORING PIECE OF SHIT

Yeah I'll go look around on a day off. I've just been trying to find shit during the work week. I'm poor I don't drive :^)

is water fasting for few weeks a good idea to cut? I dont want to lose my gains

Makes sense, guess once I reach my goal I'm gonna have to start thinking about a maintenance plan that doesn't involve eating 1200kcal all in one sitting, then
Thanks guys

wtf is orgo

FASTING WILL SAVE YOU SOME BUX, THAT'S FOR SURE.

WORKOUT, WORK ON SELF-DEVELOPMENT, TRY TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR FREE... I'M SURE YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. GOOD LUCK.

NOT PURE WATER, YOU WILL FUCK YOURSELF UP. PURE WATER WILL DRAG MINERALS AND SALTS FROM YOUR BODY OUT TO YOUR KIDNEYS TO PISS IT OUT. SNAKE JUICE FOR WEEKS IS THE *BEST* METHOD TO CUT FAT ASAP WHILE BEING THE MOST MUSCLE SPARING TO BOOT. IF YOU'RE HARDCORE, SPLASH IN SOME DRY DAYS AND WORKOUT AS WELL.

GOOD LUCK. OMAD IS GOOD TO MAINTAIN, BUT IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE STUFFING YOUR FACE THEN OPEN UP THE EATING WINDOW TO 2-4 HOURS THEN DROP IT SLOWLY BY EATING MORE IN ONE MEAL TO 'TRAIN' YOUR STOMACH.

Jesus fuck i'm a retard atm

I have bought Seltin.

Per 100 gram it is
21 000 mg Potassium
20 000 mg Sodium
1020 mg Magnesium

how much grams do I need for 2 litres?

apparently 12 grams (2 tablespoons) will give me the right amount of potassium, but overload on sodium.

1 table spoon will give me half the amount of potassium of snake juice and only a bit over the sodium

help a brainlet here

Yes, can confirm. You can't deliver much wattage, but exercise helps and the results are good.

Attached: IMG-20181210-WA0010.jpg (1600x1066, 43K)

2.5G OF SALTS FOR EVERY 2L OF WATER IS THE LOW END OF THE CONCENTRATION.

YOU CAN DO A 1:1 RATIO

FORGOT TO ADD:

BAKING SODA IS OPTIONAL, BUT IS GOOD FOR YOUR KIDNEYS. HOWEVER, BAKING SODA HAS SODIUM IN IT. WITH YOUR SELTIN, YOU WON'T NEED TO ADD THE EPSOM SALTS EITHER.

CAN YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF THE NUTRITIONAL FACTS?

Per 100 gram it is
21 000 mg Potassium
20 000 mg Sodium
1020 mg Magnesium

50% sodium
40% potassium
10% magnesium

I did like 3/5th table spoon, and it tastes only a ltitle salty, i'll do a weak one first time

TEASPOON****

I THINK YOU CAN DO 2 TSP PER 2L, MAYBE EVEN A BIT MORE.

SO RIGHT NOW YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO EXPERIMENT. HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK.

The fucker under care of a mainstream nutritionist here:
How difficult can be my actual rutine under fasting? What precautions I need to take?
My rutine is more or less this:
>20 mins of cycloergometer at level 4 (don't ask me what it means)
>10 mins of spinning at level 6 (again, don't ask me what "level" means here)
>3 sets 20 reps of short abdominals
>3 sets 20 reps of glute bridge with unstable surface (bosu)
>3 sets 15 reapeats of leg raise (I barely can do 10 repeats on 4 sets)
>3 sets 20 repeats of squat with dumbell bicep curl at 4 kg load (8.81 for amerimutts)
>4 sets 15 repeats of seated leg press at 45.35 kg load (100 lbs for El Goblino measurement system users)
>4 sets 10 repeats of braquial bicep curl with cable machine at 13.6 kg (30 lbs)
>4 sets 10 repeats of braquial tricep curl with cable machine at 13.6 kg (30 lbs)
>4 sets 10 repeats of dorsal at 18.14 kg (40 lbs)
I know that this is a "baby first visit to gym" kind of rutine. It was given to me by a kinesiologist that also acts as a "personal trainer" of sorts. I think that I'm getting pretty adapted to this rutine, I don't break sweat easily as before and I recover pretty easily between sets.
What kind of problems can I get in the fasted state? Is salty water sufficient to this or I should add something? Could a refeed before gym help to cope?

Organic Chemistry

What kind of cardio training should I do on a fast to enhance weight loss? Distance? Intervals?

THE WORKOUT ROUTINE IS PRETTY WEAK. MAKE SURE TO INCORPORATE THE BIG 6 (PIC RELATED).

AS WITH A TRULY 24+ HOURS FASTED STATE WORKING OUT, YOUR HUNGER RESPONSE WILL BE MUCH MORE PROMINENT AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUSH AS HARD AS YOU WOULD WITH FULL LIVER/MUSCLE GLYCOGEN. YOU CAN TRY IT, IT'LL BURN FAT MUCH MORE QUICKLY BUT IT'S ALSO VERY WILLPOWER TAXING.

GET STRONG AND FIT, FATTY.

DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU CAN HANDLE. EXPERIMENT, PUSH YOURSELF PAST DISCOMFORT AND GET TOUGH.

Attached: BIG6.jpg (640x295, 41K)

I FORGOT TO MENTION FOR THE BIG 6: YOU CAN DO DIPS INSTEAD OF BENCH, YOU'LL JUST NEED SOME WAY TO ADD WEIGHTS AS YOU PROGRESS.

I'm doing my first 48 fast, when I hit the gym after work I'll be just over 24 hrs in. Should I do low weight high rep to maintain my gains? I always do cardio regardless.

Wow I was stupid hungry this morning. I started envisioning an egg sandwich. Just took a shower and kinda feel the hunger fading now

>all those caps

At the risk of sounding retarded can I do an extremely lengthy extended water fast to effectively lose weight?

Whenever I ask about this I get people telling me I will just gain it back because will get back to previous eating habits but, I have been dieting fine.

Just want to lose weight faster.

I fast occasionally myself. But christ, I see why Jow Forums thinks fasters are retarded when shit like that gets posted.

If you have the discipline to fast you have the discipline to not fuck it up.

yes

if you have no underlying issues you can do it.

Make sure you get your electrolytes with water in order to be free of the most frequent fasting symtoms.

Then it is up to willpower.

Constipation and a higher risk of developing sepsis due to the bacterias in your intestines can translocate is the two risks desu

Are there any results to go by just out of curiosity? Also I'm assuming any kind of exercise is a no go while doing an extended fast correct?

I started fasting a month ago started at 275. I eat a small stake every 7 days and drink pure water. I know this sounds dumb but I get a teaspoon of dirt nuke it for 5 minuets and mix it into the water. you got to dig down at least 4 feet to get the dirt you wont. I have lost 57 lbs so far and lots of energy. I don't know why it works but it dose.

Exercise is totally fine while fasting as long as you keep it light and focus more on cardio. Trying to up your strength will hurt you, but weight lifting is fine.

Attached: Shadowrun.jpg (343x768, 47K)

i ran 10km today on a 2 day fast and will go to the gym tomorrow for 90 minutes and go hardcore

bros, I miss being simply overweight. I used to be half as fat and I had potential to be a real Chad, now I'm 100lbs bloatlord and basically it's ogre

shall I fast for 300 days?

Can I get a review of my fasting/diet plan?
Well here it is
doing OMEOD
eating 300g of chuck roast that I crocked with a ton of onions and some bell peppers. Also added some butter for higher fat and collagen peptides. Have my one meal around 6pm on a bed of cabbage. The day after I'll do a 40 min full body weight lifting routine. Was over 400 pounds now I'm 260 and got to this weight in a variety of dieting techniques, this is the first time doing omeod for this long. Any thing I should watch out for? I know this isn't to sustainable just trying to get around 220 fairly fast.

The most funny thing is that rutine actually covers all those muscular groups. Granted. It isn't heavy as Jow Forums likes, but I'm a fat fucker with almost no muscle to begin.

Add a cucumber for hydration/potassium during your meal and dry fast on your fasting day

>chuck roast

Attached: 1544399492525.png (300x400, 203K)

Can I eat two whole cheese sandwiches daily and lose weight?

thanks I'll give it a shot
will no water fuck with my fasted morning workout or will I have enough from the day before?

Yes but having mostly carbs in a meal like that will make you unhappy.

With those quads, you certainly can.

Feel it out but you should be fine, especially if you shower. Drink Snake juice only if you feel thirsty.

>ate 300 grams of rice
>still hungry after 2 hours
:(

Don’t eat carbs fatty

41 hours into my first fast now, it's pretty easy, even though I work with icecream, cake and piza every day.
What fucks me up isn't food, it's the fear that i'll black out due to some nutrient shortage and cave in my skull on the coffee table. Couldn't find all ingredients for snek juice.

you will black out from not enough salt only. take some salt if you feel lightheaded

/fast/ i may have overdone it. I did a 4day fast 2 snake juiced and the last 2 dry. I dropped from 121 to 115lbs. I feel good a bit tired, but look quite skeletal (Pic related). I want autophagy but concerned I might dissapear.

What's my bf%? -1%?

Attached: 20181210_152114.jpg (1276x2051, 1.17M)

>March to December with 0 fucking progress
give it to me boys, I deserve your ridicule.

Attached: shit.jpg (1463x643, 204K)

lmao

at least 14%bf

You're joking, right? -1%? What are famine victims then? -30%?

In regards to you wasting away, no one except for monks in the mountains have the ability to fast to death. You'd eventually hit a brick wall and need to consume something.

Your issue is you have zero muscle mass short of what is biologically necessary to hold your body together. Maybe go lift some weight, but that depends on your goals.

Lift some weights you weak fuck

fat fuck

>no abs
around 15%