Army

Thoughts on the army? I might be joining the army soon. If any of you are in the military can you share your experiences and how it changed you? I want to better myself and I think this will help me

Attached: army.jpg (1000x610, 216K)

I hear in the Navy everybody cuddles and stuff. Why not do that??

TERRORISTS ATTACK IN ONES
SAFETY IN NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS

First, the military won’t better you if you don’t embrace the change and even then, that initial high you get from joining can fade and leave you a drunk disgruntled mess just waiting for you EAS.

Also the Army is trash. If you want something comfortable go air force and if you want hard and motivating go Marines.

Joining the air force is unironically my dream

Yeah but why?

Yeah when I said the army I meant Air Force, I want to do a job like storekeeper for the Air Force or some other civil job in there . I'll have 2 month of formation and these 2 months will be the same for everyone no matter the job

Thats the gayest aspiration i ever heard why dont just drop that shit and join marines so you can have the unforgettable taste of bondingnover ragheads with your bros

Maybe he doesn't handle trauma well and actually wants to better himself?

Are marines that nice compared to the army?I'm interested now

Join the army only if you are OK with being a subservient dog engaging in artificial proxy wars to the profit your oven dodger masters

Former Air Force here. Don't join the marines that idiot is trying to trick you. You will be absolutely miserable. If you want to be somewhat respected and treated like a normal human being not a fucking dog, pick a career in the Air Force that easily transitions to civilian life.

What are your ideas of nice? In the Marines we have more of a brotherhood going on, think cult that operates like a frat house. Our gear isn’t the newest but it works. You definitely grow a bigger dick by being a Marine. The army treats you better, like a employee and you have to deal with more shitbags because of the lax atmosphere, at least at the lower enlisted ranks.

Spent 6 years in the Navy after college (NROTC)

We are a peacetime military now, there aren’t any wars that need massive amounts of boots on the ground, and thus, we have a lot of new officers that just know theoretical and classroom theories with no chance to apply those theories in battle.

Those that did serve in OIF and OEF and have experience will promote.

Those that don’t will have a harder time.

If you join now, the culture/lifestyle/red tape might wear you down. Leadership might be absolute shit as well, and you just have to learn to deal with it

Seems like half the Marine Corp is transitioning branches to the Army right now, so take that as you will.

Yeah I like that kind of place where you have real bros, thanks user I might go into the marines thanks to your advice.

Ive been in the air force since March and just got to Ramstein as my first duty station in October AMA

and???

I enlisted a few years ago in the reserves.

The military made me a different person in a way I can't really quantify.

I'm more confident, that's for sure. When someone starts to give me shit I don't tense up and start freaking out.

But, I also feel less human than I did before. I care less about people and relationships that I don't see any pleasure in. If someone feels like an inconvenience, I cut them out of my life.

I care more about my appearance and how I carry myself. And I probably seem happier.

I dunno man. Honestly, it's kinda fucked me up. Even just being in the reserves, you still keep those mannerisms when you're back in the civilian world.

All those changes you described are objectively good. The military, esp the army, trains you to be a leader. You are different than other people, embrace it.

Army is literally the lowest IQ branch of the military, slightly below the marines judging by required test scores. They aren’t warriors they’re cannon fodder. All that matters is you can ruck a heavy bag across a long distance and soak up bullets and IEDs. You’re 50% mule, 50% human shield. If you happen to be a somewhat smart or educated person you’re going to loathe every second working alongside the absolute scum of America.

If you’re a murderous psycho, join the marines. If you’re a normal person who needs the benefits, do the navy or Air Force. Army is for absolute losers.

Be a good goy and trade blood for oil. Mr shekelberg can't usurp that foreign "dictatorship" and spread ((democracy)) without good goys like you.

Seriously go fuck yourself. Go train in the mountains or some shit instead of sucking big brothers cock.

I joined the Marine Corp a few years ago. My experience may not be the same as yours OP but here's how I've changed since joining.

>more confident
>best shape of my life
>fellow jugheads are my brothers
>seen things I'd never been able to see if I hadn't join
>new found appreciation for life

>PTSD
>Horrible knee
>Annoyed at how other people's motivations can fuck up a good plan (once you work in an organization where everyone works like a well oiled machine you'll miss it)
>seen things I'd never been able to see if I hadn't join

I don't regret joining. I had fun and it was the wake up call I needed to get my shit together but I'd be lying if I said I'd do it again.

Embarassingly retarded post

Be an admin desk jockey, i'm srs

>least hours
>most directly translatable into IRL jobs
>can very easily access online college
>can go anywhere
>get facetime with officers
>if you have a good attitude you can make a big name for yourself at your command
>really not ever that hard

Only downsides are that you don't have the fastest promotion rate, you won't get special pay, and it probably hurts your ego when you realize you're literally doing a wagecuck normie job, but it's the most profitable path to go down.

>You definitely grow a bigger dick by being a marine

My sides

Sack up and join the Marines you pussy.

I joined the Army in 2016. College wasn't working, wanted to learn weapon/survival skills or how to reconnect with masculinity (as gay as that sounds). I have always been something of a critical person with more of an inward thinking slant, so when I went in I was easy to bully. I really didn't realize how low quality most people in the Army are until about my 2nd year in when I took a look around at my unit and realized that for the past 5 years or so we had done nothing aside from one training mission in Europe, which really wasn't training as much as it was taking a bunch of nigger tier Americans and letting them run loose in the streets of eastern Europe.

Most of the NCOs here have no aspirations outside of collecting their gubmint money and chilling, but there are a few that are motivated and actually intelligent. It is these ones that have made my time worth it and actually keep me sane. I think that's fairly universal throughout the services. I have met Marines who were not motivated and seemed like the leech type as well.

Physical fitness in the Army has always been about appealing to the masses, and this means gender neutrality, which means basic stuff. That said, pushups, situps and running were all new to me (I was a weightlifter who hated skinnybitch shit like that) but they are giving us a PT test with deadlifts and more strength-based exercises so that's swell. For the most part though, the Army PT """"""""""""""""""""""studs"""""""""""""""""""""" are just skinnybitchbois out of High School that are extremely good at shit-talking but would not hold up in any kind of conflict whatsoever due to their inability to carry heavy loads and inability to ruck.

People say the Marines are better and I have heard stories on either side of the fence to be honest, but it doesn't matter to me, I wound up in the Army and by the time I get out if I'm not in Special Forces I am not coming back into the military.

Attached: 1502644567419m.jpg (1024x853, 180K)

Also, to caveat off of this OP, the only advice I think I can give you is that being in the military will teach you ALOT about the general population of your country. I heard somewhere that every trend that starts usually has some experimentation in the military, and this is very true. I think this is because this is really the only place in the country where large amounts of people are gathered and talking so much. Whereas in the private sector it is strictly business, people in the military talk ALOT.

So if you are not so good at social skills or learning how to deal with other people in a confrontational manner, the military will help in some fashion with that.

But anyway, fitness is really not something the military trains for. Keep in mind that the type of fitness enforced by the military regardless of branch is focused on the force as a whole and making them look good. There is no holistic approaches or genuine self-awareness, there is only standards and making you meet them. I have found it to be an extremely hollow experience.

Attached: 1511681202565.jpg (1600x1067, 332K)

OP here.I'm not from USA so I don't know how it is here, I don't think they're as psycho as you say around here

Army infantryfag here. Any questions?
Currently with the Old Guard at Fort Myer, VA

What made you want to join?

I was originally interested in special forces, but a prior service guy I met in basic got me more interested in intelligence, and someone I met here from the navy got me even more invested in that, so once I get my degree I'm going to switch MOS to that field

did you get legitimate PTSD? What did you experience?

0311 in the marines currently. Been in a little over two years (so I'm still a boot whatever fuck you). I went from an alcoholic junkie with no prospects in life to someone with real potential in life. The best part for me was making closer friends and bonds with my brothers than with my own family. I don't know of anywhere else you can really develop this deep of a friendship. Secondly the marine corps encourages and pays for my education, I've been slowly working on my psychology degree in the downtime. I'm currently setup to lat-move into counter-intel after my initial contract which will set me up with three letter agency careers down the road. I've been fortunate enough to already make friends with some DoS and CIA guys at a few different embassies. Not to mention traveling all over the place. I've gotten to visit the Philippines, Singapore, Greece, and soon Germany. I love my life more now than ever before. A lot of the infantry life is fucking miserable so I don't necessarily recommend 0311, but you'll get so much out of it than you first realize. I highly recommend military if you don't know what to do with yourself.

Attached: 1494087825169.jpg (441x411, 67K)

You're gay. Kill yourself to make sure you don't procreate and pass on your weakness.

good goy