/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

This man had the balls to step under 405 lbs of iron, and sacrificed his spine (medical diagnosis pending) for the iron dragon.

This man maximized his wilks efficiency by completely neglecting abdominal and back training, letting them atrophy away to save weight.

This man trained harder than ANY other lifter, by throwing himself into the fires of PH motherfucking 3.

This man gave all. His spine. His liver. His tranny 'girl'friend. All for PLG.

Respect.

Attached: HFXirCN_d.jpg (478x478, 14K)

Wrong.

This is peak performance.

Attached: IMG_1154 - Copy.jpg (864x908, 114K)

is this gde alex

Just need your guys thoughts on this. I've been lifting for a little over a year at this point. 18/6'3"/87kg

Have a 140kg TNG bench and 82.5kg The Press. Do yous think I could get a 150kg comp bench and a 100kg press without gaining much weight in the next year?

Wrong again. This is peak performance.

Attached: 4B18A2F4-E118-4880-AAD0-38A7D14F545C.gif (640x360, 1.4M)

yes

Alex's hips aren't that wide
Trust me, I know.

Thank

I'm ashamed to say that until recently this was my ohp form. super high ohp tho

I was at a restaurant the other day and the waiter asked me if I wanted a box for the leftovers. I told him I didn't but I was willing to wrestle for them. On the way home I passed some mountains and I thought to myself, they're more than just funny. They're hill areas.

Rip hips

Linear algebra exam tomorrow, time to go lift boys.

Relational algebra is where the women at tho

Nice pec insertions miss

Programming fags out

Y-you too

you're a good little slut

Second week of Hepburn and I'm already bored to death. At least for the lower days, the upper day is fun. I'll probably switch it up a bit and introduce new movements aside from squat and deadlifts, like sissy leg press or front squats and romanian deadlifts for my volume work.

Thinking of running it for squat & deadlift, or just deadlift.
What's so bad about the lower days?
Are you doing hepburn a, b, or c?

He has adhd

8x2-3 squats followed by 8x2-3 deadlifts. It's just fucking boring. At least I superset my bench with pullups or high pulls and have some fun during the upper days, but you can't superset squats and deadlifts. I also generally like to get hyped up before squats so it's a major turnoff to have to do multiple sets of medium-heavy weight with somewhat low rest where hyping up makes 0 sense, instead of just 1 all out set and some easy back off work.

just use very short breaks?

I do like 2 minutes. It's at 80%, it's almost the lowest I can go to recover from it and not fuck up my form.

Lol all this time i thought ph3 is the same as hepburn.

Attached: 2D3F5F9C-3534-4D19-8319-C10B461B1F4E-5359-000006BA8B3EEAD4.jpg (976x988, 80K)

blogging here

I did it. I gave in to "bench fixes". Smolov jr and sq/dl @6-7 for the next 3 weeks.
Hopefully I'll survive without injury and break 2 reds before my first meet.

Attached: 1540046278437.jpg (251x237, 7K)

I'm a consultant I don't program anything what are you retarded

Do 5th set protocol for lower lifts instead.

Lower A
Squat 5x2@80% (last set amrap)
Deadlift Accessory 3x5-8
Add 5lbs per session for 5 sessions, then deload, add 5lbs to training max, reset percentages.

Lower B
Deadlift 5x3@70-75% (no amrap)
Block Pull 3x3-5
Squat Accessory 3x5-10.
Same progression.

You can swap squat and DL protocol, but generally dont push both for amraps at the same time.

Don't hurt me pls. Most programming fags I know do it, so I made that assumption.

Please blog your experience as a lesson to others, thanks.

Do you talk to a lot of programmers who work on query optimizers or something?

F

It's one of the in one of the modules for 4th year computer science students here at my college, not sure if it's a core modules though.

I want to die

The patrician 5thSet protocol is the 75% 5x3+ one for every lift.

This probably isnt a good place to talk about that. Have you considered Jow Forums or r/suicidewatch?

COLLEGE check out this fuckin barney

107.5kg x9 bench on Sunday, easy stuff boys. Then tried OHP for the first time in a few months today, barely grind out 70kg lmao. I was able to do 70jg 10x3 pretty comfortably before.

i bet this is the dude with a sub 100kg bench lmao

It's the guy that posts that he got 80kg for 2,2,2,3,3,2,1,3,2,2 and asks why he isn't progressing.

If you recover like a monster, maybe

>my gp had a go at me for roids when I was a dyel with 1 or 2 years of lifting behind me, because of the stretch marks between anterior delt and pec.
The exact same thing happened to me. Cocksucker just couldn't believe it.
>user don't worry I won't tell the police if """your friend""" *wink wink* takes steroids, but I'm your doctor you have to tell me

But roids are legal wtf?

Not for yanks, having enough vials for a cycle or 2 and a few orals is enough drugs to get you arrested for drug dealing charges.
All because baseball was too fun when people were hitting home runs.

Are those dildos?

Disposing some nasty Norman khan it stinks so bad making a whole bunch of noises my insides fucking hurt some of it is Norman khannareaha too

Land of freedom huh?

boomer at my gym: nah I don't squat (yet), still rehabbing after The Injuryâ„¢ (dramatic orchestra playing in the distance)
also same boomer at my gym: proceeds to do 800lbs leg press knees to chest and low back lightyears off the pad, followed by 90lbs leg extensions done so vigorously his toes almost hit his forehead

What. I had stretch marks from gaining like 8kg BW with a year of lifting. Mainly on my shoulders and biceps since they blew up. People in my secondary school used to joke about me taking roids just because I could bench 120kg lmao.

Am I banned?

Hopefully

What did you do?

Apparently not. I'm using my Jow Forums pass too and they can correlate your ban when you use it.

Based and spinepilled
Sean forever btfo

Isley.

How do I engage my upper back and lats in conventional deadlift.

Isley, I thought you were gone. It was horrible.

Retract your spatula

Isley, how do I actually deadlift like a human being not weak shit

but I have an issue.
my wide grip is better feel than my conventional

>super low standing bench press
FTFY

still better than a contortionist bench press

Allows back to be tighter

Yes. How do I do that with conventional narrow grip. This was snatch grip width. And it felt lighter than same weight with narrow grip.
I'm stunned at my retardation but here I stand.

115kg bench but ok. 7 months into powerlifting

ss user you puzzle me greatly

I dont know im also deadlift retard

I puzzle myself too.

>counts his lifting age in when he started powerhobbying rather than going to the gym
lol

fug:D

oh my you'll get that 3pl8 bench in a month, for sure

Wow good lord more Norman khannearea is splurting out of my butthole wow wew

Squats are always same, ohp same, but bench and deadlifting are like fucking gambling lottery iss either great day or fucking trash time

This lmao. I could just as easily say I got my 3pl8 bench with 6 months powerlifting.

I'd might wait next 3 years for my first meet to officialy start powerlifting than I can mogg pepole with 270kg squat in 1 month

Are you me? One day i bench 115x5 and then other day i feel like dying under 110

Best shaker cup for a real muscly guy?

even better squat never hurts anything, bench never hurts anything, deadlifting can hurt my elbows same as ltes
go figure

lul

Attached: PizzaCOTMRendering_grande.png (400x600, 241K)

He is not you, no way that pole can bench 115 x5.

Deadlifts hurt my chest for some reason. Maybe not hurt literally but i feel my chest getting tight and cramping slightly.

Its a figure of speech you autistic fuck.

Using pic related for a month atm (lost a bet lol) and lemme tell you it's a great conversation starter in an all male pl dungeon.

Unironically might get this one, it speaks to me on an emotional level.

Attached: 61BGjyg4tyL._SX450_.jpg (450x338, 10K)

It's a joke you autistic fuck. Stop spazzing out.

*80kg x5

Putting your hands too close together.

What do you guys even use shakers for? Do you sip protein shakes through the day like instagram thots? I struggle to get less than 200g of protein on normal diet cant imagine what it would be like if I also had shakes.

Ah yes, I forgot your max was 100kg. Barely higher than your OHP.

I also have comic arch to it

To look cool duhh

You could unironically probably make a pretty good arch if you worked on it, given that you have a very long torso and little gimpy legs.

Idk you're a mystery to physiology and psychology

Nothing can vanquish me

Cue yourself better. But like, don't overthink it, I've never thought about the upper back. For the lats, I just pull my shoulders down as hard as I can before I start the pull.

I don't have any good videos of me doing it (I checked) since it's quite a sublte, well-drilled motion now.

nah, when i meme arched and had wide grip no progress than I meet good benches and they said to me im fridge mode with no barrell chest and very long torso so I need to CGBP in order to bring up my bench
gbro was spot on with that in competition bench my fingers dont touch rings

>in competition bench my fingers dont touch rings
Good meme, every body laugh

who cares if my go to and only powerlifting lift is squat

I bench thumb-joint (whatever you call the upper part of your thumb :DDD) away from the smooth part.

I'm the same height as you, and bench with fingers about 3 finger widths in from the rings. It just feels a lot easier to get it off the chest when you bench with a closer grip. Also, I'm a major chestlet and love training triceps.

yup, guys with no chest like us have to relay on tricep strength rather than all chest like for eg. Bobby
were opposites

ID rather have chest strength
then again it would mean different physiology (better one for bench)

Bobby is lighter than Yakob and 30% bf while Yakob is above 100kg and looks like a fucking ottermode now
go figure

Different guy but my chest is pretty fucking big and i still have to bench close grip with my tris mostly. Must have something to do with insertions, my wide grip is about 20kg lower than close grip.

Meanwhile Isley had a far better chest than I ever will with a fucking 110kg TNG bench.

So just how close do my fellow cgfags have their grip? I have them barely outside of the smooth part of the bar, which in my case means right around shoulder width.

>bobby is lighter
Didnt know yakob bulked to 120kgs, and bobby is like 35%bf at least.