Can we talk for a bit about what the fuck is going on with Rippetoe and the SS brand?

Can we talk for a bit about what the fuck is going on with Rippetoe and the SS brand?

> Gotten fatter and his speech has slowed
> Now selling overpriced equipment including a barbell, power cage, and a fucking WOODEN bench youtube.com/watch?v=_T5idlX9Mws
> Used to say online coaching is shit and impossible to do well, now runs Starting Strength Online Coaching which most people say sucks

Why would he do all this shit? Is he okay?

Attached: rip.jpg (971x633, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

literotica.com/s/the-trip-to-dallas
groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/thedfwblackgangbangers/conversations/messages/3802
literotica.com/s/the-trip-home-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's getting old
His diet and hard lifestyle and reckless gear abuse is getting to him.

Fpbp

He can't lift because he fucked his body up permanently from following his own programs. So the other way to get a rush would be to make money instead.

Why would you pay to be coached by Rip when his whole program can be summarized in a couple paragraphs and is described at length in a $50 book?
I like him, but come on, $20 *a week* to be dictated a program that can be perfectly prescribed by an app that costs a *once off* $20?

Isn't he just a mediocre lifter who is good at marketing and creating a cult-like following around him?

I think he's a mediocre lifter who wrote the first decent book on the subject.
It became super popular (relative to lifting books) because it was the only one available at the time, and now it's just considered a classic

Fucking lol, the master troll

What exactly is wrong with a wooden bench?
You got a sensitive back, princess?

That wooden bench video is the most bizarre thing I've seen. The production quality of the video is way worse than other videos produced by SS, and Rip looks/sounds like even he knows the bench is garbage but is trying to sell it anyway

That looks slippery

my boy Rip rocking the Lenny stare in OP's pic

Dumb cucks throw their money away all the time. Look at all those people who pay Chris Jones and Omar hundreds of dollars for generic bodybuilding diets and cookie cutter programs

So is the SS bar just a B&R with starting strengths branding rather than Rouge’s?

People think he has magical powers because he speaks with confidence about his program. Unfortunately they are deeply mistaken.

Attached: zach evetts.jpg (480x640, 135K)

>literally made for manlets

Attached: 1515394355212.jpg (600x582, 61K)

I actually think a wooden bench is a cool idea. I bench on an old Iron Mind steel bench with just a half-inch layer of neoprene on top. It's very firm but you get used to it.

The problem here is the 10" bench - Every guy I know with wide shoulders hates benching on the smaller bench. 10" bench is for girls and manlets.

>not benching on a bed of nails
Big yikes.

Attached: 46390298-8FB0-406C-AF59-883AC8D04B13.jpg (1100x739, 85K)

the problem with the wood benchis that the surface is slippery and the surface area that generates friction is reduced because it is a mother fucking hard plank and nothing to sink in to. with a little bit a back sweat, that thing is a death trap

worst of all is that fucking hair, just shave already faggot

Reminder that Rippetoe is a literal cuck who visits clubs with his wife to watch her get fucked by BBC

>the legs don't even go past the width of the board
I've never seen a bench like this ever

>surface is slippery
could be finished with a grippy surface
>surface area that generates friction is reduced
are you a literal skeleton?

really?

Yes. His old email address got hacked and a bunch of shit was released. He has a post from a BBC group in Dallas/Fort Worth from 2004 where he's complaining that the quality of men at a certain club that he takes his wife to get fucked at has gone down and they won't be going back. He also writes shitty BDSM erotica

wow

all the milk he drinks every day made him a cuck by skyrocketing his oestrogen levels

oh im gonna need more info on this, thats too good

This is bullshit but I believe it

>
>Yes. His old email address got hacked and a bunch of shit was released. He has a post from a BBC group in Dallas/Fort Worth from 2004 where he's complaining that the quality of men at a certain club that he takes his wife to get fucked at has gone down and they won't be going back. He also writes shitty BDSM erotica

Proof needed

lmao how mentally ill you have to be to create stories like this
or just give some proof cause googling this found nothing

No fucking way

Am I really going to have to get out of bed and get on my computer just to show the post? It was an email address he used back in the day linked to some athletic club he was with. I don't follow Rippetoe I just found it funny. The post is even signed as M&S and apparently his wife's name is stef so lmao

monitoring thread

Is this it?

literotica.com/s/the-trip-to-dallas

Yeah that's one of the stories I saw. Torrrr is the name used for the yahoo groups post too iirc

and how does any of this come back to ripp? I want to believe but there isn't really shit here.

His body is fucked up from years of lifting BEFORE the knowledge accumulated in the SS program was a thing. People didn't know shit about training a few decades ago. I'm not going to shill SS like it's the gospel, but you're objectively wrong. His technique and anatomical descriptions are spot on. His program, however, is suboptimal and incomplete.

There's a lot more to coaching than can be summarized in a few paragraphs. That's just an incredibly dumb fucking statement. Learning proper technique can take weeks or months. Some people are just uncoordinated and physically retarded. And some people have shit to do and aren't going to pour through a literal textbook on lifting and commit all the physiological and anatomical reasoning to memory just to do a program that can be coached to them.

Mediocre for now. He had great lifts in his time.

It's considered a classic because it's the most thorough and comprehensive analysis to date on proper technique and pretty solid programming and the reasoning behind them. Sure, it could use more arm volume and core isolation. It's still a reliable way to squat 300+ in 4-6 months.

Yeah, that bench is shit. He may be bowing to corporate interest or something.

I would absolutely love a citation on that.

That's a lot to read. I'll check it out now.

groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/thedfwblackgangbangers/conversations/messages/3802

literotica.com/s/the-trip-home-3

I got up. Here you faggots go.

>Proper technique
>Squatting as deep as physically possible

you should have more appreciation for creative writing, that post was hilarious even if completely false

HOLY FUCK BIG KEKS IF NOT FAKED

Attached: 00046880-80C0-4A1E-B25E-2872190E110E.jpg (284x323, 38K)

Stop the damage control, cuck

Nowhere in SS does Rippetoe advise squatting as deep as possible. He advises a lowbar squat to the point where the top of your thigh is parallel to the floor and the crease of youor hip is just below parallel. Did you even read the book?

if this is real holy fuck, why is it always redneck texans in black gangbang videos? fucking degenerate fucks

so how does [email protected] match with ripp?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BLESS MY FUCK

Attached: Rip-sama.jpg (1024x768, 207K)

Apparently it was linked to the wichita falls athletic club and rip. Some geeks on a forum found out about it. The fact that the cuck post is signed M&S in 2004 before rip was a big deal and before trolling was mainstream makes me think its legit.

>It's still a reliable way to squat 300+ in 4-6 months.
>tfw only squatting 150 a month in

Attached: 1523492760456.jpg (500x482, 19K)

>Tfw you will never fuck Ripptoe's wife while he watches and jerks off

Unless you got dat der BBC I don't think he'd be interested.

>Mediocre for now. He had great lifts in his time.
Not really, IIRC in one of his videos he said he quit competing after totaling 1500 and realizing he'd never be anywhere near the top
Good attitude and excellent knowledge, but garbage genetics.

Rippetoe is obsessed with Norse mythology. He named his company The Asgaard Company

Enjoy slipping all over the fucking place especially if that's a butcher block like it looks like.

I was following you up until this link. Can anyone confirm the email to actually being linked to ripp? I want to believe so bad but my googlefu and forum scouring is coming up with nothing rn.

Attached: 1500819999207.jpg (783x977, 122K)

Holy shit, I thought this was a joke. This is really being sold??

Rippetoe and his fans are fascinating. I learned how to squat bench and dead from his videos with Art of Manliness (lol). Kinda like AOM, he seems to be going for the young impressionable male demographic. He's very good at sounding confident to young guys who don't know shit about shit. But then you realize he's only 5'8'' and weighs over 200 lbs, and it starts coming into perspective. Then you realize how preoccupied he is with "manliness" and the whole thing just reeks of insecurity.

Not sure desu. The forum that found it requires registration and I don't care enough to sign up. Apparently theyre legit though.

That means you're halfway there!

>Then you realize how preoccupied he is with "manliness" and the whole thing just reeks of insecurity.
This. Was watching him in my teens and even then I thought he was an insecure faggot.

Holy shit
>Texas
>Norse mythology
>weightlifting belt and athletic tape
>literally talks about a guy in his 40s with a little belt but muscular legs and arms
It's gotta be him

Kek. I couldn't bring myself to read the stories. Maybe I'll have to give them a look

>little belt
Belly

I’m doing the sticky workout right now to go from slightly skinnyfat to ottermode, is it at least good for that?

if this bbc cuckold shit turns out to be true you shouldn't do anything he says, that guy isn't right in the head

If you're an actual cuckold, sure.

Attached: 1542778340805.png (1365x871, 910K)

What sticky workout? Are you doing Starting Strength? Keep doing it, don't worry about any of this if you're new. Just keep your mind open and keep learning.

>Keep doing it, don't worry about any of this if you're new. Just keep your mind open and keep learning.
That's what she said, next thing I knew I had six inches of steel pipe up my ass

I'm new (2 months in) and doing SS but it doesn't feel like enough. I'm killing it during workouts and never missing a day but I find myself wanting to do more.

Can I add to the SS stuff without risking gains? 3 30 minute workouts a week just doesn't feel like enough even when I give it all I got

kek you know what, I'm not even mad because I walked right into that one.

that boy ain't right

>3 30 minute workouts
what? they take me like an hour and a half

You've (or should have) added 120lbs to your 3x5 squat and it doesn't feel enough?
Rule of thumb is if you are progressing never change anything and when you stall increase the volume a bit. Don't be dumb. Soon you will need to start resting a bit more between your sets, so your workouts will be longer.

3 5x5 exercises? I'm taking like ~1 minute breaks between sets

>SL made by a street shitter
>SS made by an actual goddamned cuckold
YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN REG PARK

Attached: regparkbeginner.png (1200x700, 195K)

You're not doing ss

ss is 3x5 and i think you're supposed to take like 3 minutes between work sets

Its the variation of ss listed in the sticky. I think its the last link in the exercise paragraph.

Do I prep the bull during those 3 minutes or should I wait until after my workout?

He finally became aware that his "success" was due to a nerdish cult around his programme and he is trying to cash in

>doing calf work ever
>doing wrist work ever
>overloading your dips and alternating them with bench instead of doing high rep BW sets
>doing front squats as a beginner which requires mobility and technique harder than the back squat, instead of focusing on the back squat to learn the technique down
And the frequency of the lifts is just bad, a noob needs high frequency to get his couch potato body to learn a new skill.

>His technique and anatomical descriptions are spot on.

> 200 page book
> 3 references

Post body

Go ahead and add muscle work AFTER the main lifts, it's no problem. Just make sure it's MUSCLE work, not heavy strength work. By that I mean do more reps and don't try to add 10lbs every workout, that's not what those extra exercises are for. Your goal should be to get a sick pump.

Here's an idea: add lat pulldowns, triceps extensions, and face pulls on your bench day, do 3 sets of 10-20. On your press day, do cable rows, biceps curls, and shoulder raises.

Just mess around, and be flexible with the weight. You might have to cut down on accessories once the weight gets really heavy on the main lifts but don't stress about it.

now that the dust is settled
is ss a good program

ideally, the bull would be the one working out while you monitor his form and press on his ass to make sure he's driving with his hips. this will help him activate more musculature so he is able to fuck your wife even harder

I wouldn't say good but it's not bad, certainly not the worst.

Yes and literally everybody was juicing back then.

You're right, I wouldn't want to run the risk of raising my test by working out. I can tell you're an experienced cuck

What is a good program then?

After this thread, no. SS just lost all credibility.
>tfw a secondary cuck for using SS to build my foundation

Give up lifting for a year and start over. It's the only way.

Not much to it. He sold out for money and got lazy. It happens

>tfw want to lift to get girls
>tfw decide to use ss
>tfw SS is a program designed by a cuck to help betas attract women and continue the cuckolding lifestyle
Devilish

Are you just pissy bc you wasted money on this shill? Goddamn chill out

dont even view it as a program, learn doing compound movements and be done with it

>the knowledge accumulated in the SS program was a thing. People didn't know shit about training a few decades ago
You realise starting strength is based on the basic routine in The Strongest Shall Survive, by rip's one time lifting coach Bill Starr, right? It's a good book by the way. Rip didn't accumulate anything except more fat from all that milk. Also, the starting strength program is retarded for newbies. Newbies should do lots of lifts for a lighter relative intensity and take their time progressing in weight, because honestly time and effort are the magic bullet in lifting not grinding your squat weight up 30lbs a week every week.

>Newbies should do lots of lifts for a lighter relative intensity and take their time progressing in weigh
Brainlet here, can you recommend somewthing along these lines?

Attached: 1544116016821.webm (740x1110, 1.06M)

Is milk really bad for you? I know there's a debate but I ultimately decided it was probably good for you and not bad

Should I reconsider? Did milk fuck rip up?

No 1 thing fucked him up. A series of bad decisions did. Milk isn’t inherently bad and cannot solely be blamed for his weight

Thanks based responder