How much grip stength would I need to grab a skinny person by the wrist and dislodge/snap their forearm bones?

How much grip stength would I need to grab a skinny person by the wrist and dislodge/snap their forearm bones?

Attached: arm-bones.jpg (800x800, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23448271/
emedicine.medscape.com/article/104158-overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The bones in your body are made from material which has a tensile strength of 150MPa, a strain to failure of 2% and a fracture toughness of 4MPa.

So let's say that 4MPa is adequate to snap a bone with ease. That equates to roughly 40kg/cm^2. Let's say 50kg/cm^2 to be sure.

According to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23448271/ palm surface area is usually 0.5% total body surface area, so about 2m^2 X 0•005 = 0•01m^2 or 10cm^2

So you would have to have a grip strength that can hold about 4-5 hundred kilograms.

Basically a normal national level strongman.

Attached: gjf.png (745x1024, 973K)

Fug. Thanks for the breakdown.
What about tearing the ligaments that connect at the wrist, is that more doable?
Or I guess you could use a nutcracker to reduce the surface

It would require much less strength to just grab the upper arm with one hand, and grab the forearm with another, and push them in the opposite direction to snap the tendons in the elbow.

Well yeah, there are many ways to destroy an arm, I'm interested in those related to grip strength

You can't do it. Unless you have grip force of 400 kilos and are doing it on a female with tiny wrists you won't break anyones bones. There is a lot of tendons, muscles and ligaments throught the entire forearm. Yea it would hurt a lot but you won't break anyones bones. Much better and psychologically traumatising thing is to break someones metacarpal bones which could be done by grip strength alone.

And it would look way cooler to have someone squealing from having their finger pinched rather than you squeezing their wrist.

t. Hanayama

Why would you want to do that?

Based Baki poster

the head of the radius pops out of its ligament pretty easily in kids, if you grab them by the arm and spin them around too hard. It might be similar in skinny people. emedicine.medscape.com/article/104158-overview

Good math but probably an underestimate on the lifting grip strength. Things like hook grip are designed to transfer a fair bit of the bar weight to your hand muscles/bones/tendons passively. So someone who can lift 500kg doesn’t necessarily have that grip strength. Probably no human does.

Just read this a few minutes ago

I think it may be less because the actual parts of the hand exerting force is the tendons and muscle, not the skin, meaning surface area will be smaller and less force required.

Also OP said a skinny person so you could decrease the fracture strength

Crushing someone's hand would be much easier because it's just little bones joined by joints

It's harder to grab a hand

About tree fiddy

You can break the forearm with little force if you twist it enough.

>It might be similar in skinny people
Nope, the annular ligament harden when kids grow up.
It's very rare to have pulled elbow after 5 years, you can break their bones, dislocate the elbow, but not cause a pulled elbow.

superhuman strength

>t. freshman mech eng

Retard fuck you