Thoughts on Starch Diets?

youtube.com/watch?v=aUaNDDuqmCs

Attached: bigstock-Healthy-Food-Best-Sources-Of-122698622.jpg (900x589, 839K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-f9Q_-tT68
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2980360/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is the dumbest shit

idk why you linked a video to some annoying boomer, but yeah, starch is great - we've known this for literally thousands of years. civilization was built upon starch.

"According to primary literary accounts, during Milo’s training he had a diet of 20 pounds of meat, 20 pounds of bread, and 18 pints of wine per day."

Attached: 8906123068213.jpg (724x900, 222K)

Enjoy your diabetes

Attached: 1520499364017.jpg (440x300, 19K)

>20 pounds of meat, 20 pounds of bread, and 18 pints of wine per day
just how big was this Milo fella?

Attached: sweaty teddy.jpg (1081x927, 127K)

enjoy your new underwear

Attached: 89072369478234.png (1240x1009, 115K)

Diabetes is caused by fat not carbs:
youtube.com/watch?v=t-f9Q_-tT68

Retarded. No nutrients. Bloatloard incarnate

>linking nutritionlies
if you're eating carbs, adding dietary fat does increase the risk of diabetes, yes. but that micheal greger dude is not worth listening a single second to. what a fucking idiot.

LOL no.

Attached: nice_broscience_bro.png (673x362, 147K)

It's great for bulking. I can eat loads of potatoes and white rice. I switch to brown rice when I am maintaining or cutting.

go eat only starches. see how you feel in a few months.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2980360/

>mice study
>95.1% fat, 0.4% carbohydrate, 4.5% protein, and 7.456 kcal/g energy density for the KD
not representative of what happens in humans at all. look up any human study where they use a normal ketogenic diet (75-80% fat, 20% protein, 0-5% carbs). it reverses diabetes and liver damage.

It's redpilled and high test and the only plant foods I respect besides peppers.

Attached: 2018-09-14 05.33.50 1868213535928398784_764553402.jpg (1080x670, 53K)

>keto
great diet. just curious, what do you think the next fad diet after keto is, and why?

Attached: 098712389123.jpg (350x225, 7K)

>humans eat keto for millions of years
>10 000 years of agriculture
>keto is a fad
idiot

Mice are used in almost all human dietary studies. They are our closest living non primate relatives.

and they're a shitty model for keto. humans enter keto way more easily than mice, and don't need ridiculous protein restrictions like

>Humans ate keto for millions of years
Citation needed

>keto is a fad
citation needed

Garlic is the king of plant foods.

We literally didn't though. Early man was a frugivore, his diet was something like 2% meat.

I didn't say that. You're the one making claims

>carbs bad, growing food bad, human evolve color vision not for find fruit, but for memes, grug smart

Attached: 99278561263.png (541x506, 68K)

topkek

you said that keto is a fad

idiot troll

>topkek

Real strong argument bro. Keto is not just a fad it's a cult. Most the long lived cultures on the planet eat a diet of mostly starch and fish. Innuits who are the closest thing to a naturally ketogenic population, die at 65 of heart related illness.

go eat a frugivore diet. see what happens in a year.

starch diet is legit as fuck, i dropped to 180lb from 230 while also boxing. Basically only eat starch and water

its a good diet to lose weight, not a very good for gaining any from muscle or fat.
its also extremely cheap.
sadly its not as tasty without oil and a ton of salt.

I lost my weight by eating a high carb mostly starch based diet.
I felt full all the time, had a ton of power and were losing weight faster than with any other diet i tried.

that's because the body isn't good at making fat from carbs.
fine for certain periods, but it's not sustainable long term, because you'd be missing many nutrients.

I'm not advocating for a frugivore diet. I'm advocating for a starch-based diet. Which billions follow daily. Including the world's longest living population, the Japanese.

>humans eat keto for millions of years
are you a fucking idiot?
you do realise we are apes right?
we ate mostly fruits and leaves for millions of our evolution
KETO WAS ONLY PRESENT IN THE ICE AGE WHEN WE HAD NO SOURCE OF PLANT FOOD.

>10 000 years of agriculture
you have never read a single book on this, right?
there have been proves again and again about first sighs of agriculture tracing 90k years behind in egypt.

>Thinking we are apes

Never gonna make it mentally

You know what doesn't make you shit your pants in public? A balanced diet

>Muh salt is bad

Literally based on one poorly designed study from the 50s:
www.scientificamerican.com/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/

Again, the world's longest living the population, the Japanese, eat a cubic fuckton of the stuff:
www.businessinsider.com/people-in-japan-eat-more-salt-than-in-the-us-but-most-people-eat-too-much-in-both-countries-2015-7

there aren't many people eating a proper ketogenic diet, because it's too expensive. Only 5% of vegetarians are so by choice.
the biggest problems (obesity, diabetes, alzheimers) come from eating foods with 50/50 en% sugar/fat many times per day, every day. both a very low fat and a ketogenic diet avoid this.
but there are many other benefits of dietary fat and meat, so I'll go with keto.

nice trolling, but try using more caps.

oh jesus i thought keto was the answer. worked for me. what's all this now

would you rather eat meat, eggs, dairy, and vegetables or glucose?

metegsdarivejtabulls please.

Pasta, potatoes, beans, bread and rice every time.

well, there you go.

>Literally based on one poorly designed study from the 50s:
imagine how stupid you have to be that you cant even google "WHO sodium intake" to read up why this statement is so damn wrong.
Sure buddy, just want a video made by some idiot who cant even read studies properly and just deny major medical science because you feel like it.

Also no, japanese dont eat a lot of it.

That kind of food makes my pussy smell like a petting zoo.

cool, then eat those.
just don't let your kids get all sorts of deficiencies by forcing it on them. it matters a lot less for adults.

>just don't let your kids get all sorts of deficiencies
what are those?

>Rice or noodles with every meal
>Don't eat a lot of it

all the stuff that's in animal products which is hard or impossible to get from plants. they probably won't die if you give them a b12 supplement, but they won't be healthy.

Any nutrients starchy vegetables lack. Regular portions of fruit and fish will more than make up for.

fish is an animal product and contains a ton of nutrients, yes. the high amounts of polyunsaturated fat aren't good though, and the bigger fish (which contain important nutrients like creatine and carnitine) are contaminated with mercury.

Cod, tuna, sammon, haddock and pollock all contain minimal amounts of mercury.

And eating animal products is only a problem if you're a vegan. Which I'm (the OP) not.

Anyone ever notice how all the triggered ketotards on this board are fat guys that cry about relapsing in their threads

no, not at all. where are you getting this from?

saturated fat impairs glucose metabolism though, so you'll have to eat very lean meat. and the combined acid load of grains and lean meat can be pretty bad, so you'll have to eat enough vegetables too.
it can all be done. I just don't see the point when you can just eat fatty meat once a day and be done with it.

why the fuck do keto guys thing a couple shitty correlational nutritional studies shilled to death by a handful of blogs and news outlets is enough evidence for scrapping thousands of years of the collective dietetic experience of billions of human beings? i don't understand. if you want to larp as a caveman, I guess that's cool, but do you actually believe some low n-value correlational study - NO CONTROL GROUP - is more significant than our collective civilizational experience?

3/10 troll. just stop.

>die at 65 of heart related illness
Since adopting a carb heavy Western diet. They do not eat their traditional diet anymore. Before the turn of the 20th century they had very low incidence of CVD and lived lives of comparable length to other natives that had minimal contact with the West.

During the summer, plants were gathered and used, however during winter months an almost entirely animal based diet is followed (6+ months/year basically carnivore diet).

As for our supposed frugivore ancestry, by about 2 million years ago we had adapted to a diet consisting mainly of animal products, with some plant foods being consumed when available. The main line of evidence is the loss of ability to extract significant energy from hind gut fermentation, unlike our closest ancestors (Chimps, gorillas and bonobos). Interestingly enough, Chimps actually eat more meat than the 2% spouted off earlier. About 5-10% of their diet is meat. Additionally, the shrinking of our digestive system to one primarily focused around enzymatic digestion coincided with a massive growth in brain size.

it's the same fucking cop out answer every time. do any of you shills have a fucking argument? go ahead and pull out some fucking shit-tier study on mice from ncbi, I can't wait. humans have done fine on starches (quality made bread), some meat, and vegetables for the longest time. you're following a fad. it's rebranded atkins you god damn retard holy shit.

i'm not falling for your shitty bait.

even when they try to eat healthily, americans still shart in mart

>It was the introduction of carbs that gave the innuits their 10 year shorter life span than the average American.

Innuit life expectancy has actually risen with the introduction of carbs.

>no, not at all. where are you getting this from?

The FSA. Also, did you just admit fat causes diabetes? This fucking thread.

>Also, did you just admit fat causes diabetes?
jesus christ, learn to read.

Impaired glucose metabolism = pre-diabetes

if you're eating carbs, yes.
i already said lowfat and ketogenic work, see

You dumb cunt

Sadly, yes. It's the combination of sugar and fat that gives food it's flavor and thus causes the addiction that leads to obesity. Which in turn causes most dietary related death.

You dumb cunt

>18 pints of wine per day

Attached: 1494218335245.png (612x491, 98K)

>introduction of carbs
>access to modern medicine
You may pick one

Addiction and lack of control are not the same thing man. Fatties just love sugar, they aren’t addicted

I would prefer to just have a well balanced diet. Generally trying to restrict carbs to what I will use that day

With argumentation like that it's a complete mystery why everyone thinks ketofags are retarded.

ἄνθρωπος μέτρον

Attached: 880917283123.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I say that because you starch fags are literally too stupid to argue with. You’re so far gone I just wanted you to know how we all feel about you

Studies have been done that prove sugar is more addicting than cocaine

Attached: CAE54475-B44A-4B76-8FA6-BC17255156E6.jpg (406x454, 91K)