/fat/ - stupid questions about dealing with Christmas edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For extremely dedicated bulkers who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: 1522488311189.jpg (320x302, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=To9COZq3KSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So imma be to my parents, how do I continue to work out ?

I'm one fifth of the way to my goal.
Happy Holidays, fellow fatties.

OK gang, what are you having for Christmas dinner?
It's my first cheat meal since about Sept so I'm going to go crazy

Attached: Christmas-Dinner.jpg (615x409, 88K)

Does Pepto Bismol hurt your progress? Like if you get sick and take it and the poo stays inside and you don't lose weight?

>what are you having for Christmas dinner?
roast turkey, potato dumplings, red cabbage, carrots&shallots and gravy.
It'll comfortable fit into my calorie deficit as long as I forgo the dessert, which im not very keen on anyways. Gotta be great desu.

How can I transition from being really fat to being a twink?
I don't want to end up skinnyfat or something.

Attached: 1545499952234.jpg (900x1082, 239K)

You'll never had a body like that.

>don't cry
>don't cry
>don't cry
>don't cry
>don't cry

youtube.com/watch?v=To9COZq3KSo

Attached: bakjak.jpg (236x285, 5K)

I know, it was an example of an ideal. I don't expect to ever look like that.

Nah just poop.

>Eat below 1600 cal
>Last week I was at 82kg
>Apparently I gained one kg even at deficit this week.
How

Attached: 1325295198001.png (1787x1708, 217K)

Water weight or bad at counting.

i have 1000 Calories left for dinner for my 500 Cal deficit diet

should I get taco bell double chalupa box?

>Birthday
>Eater over 5k cals
Well shit guys I just gained 4pounds back. Lost two weeks of progress because birthday...

Attached: Ds8Y9bhV4AAsQ3P.jpg (700x473, 46K)

I'm never gonna make it bros

Attached: OsF0fKk[1].png (753x324, 18K)

The only thing you ate that was close to good today was a banana. Do better tomorrow.

>870 calories of ice cream
made me lol

how good was that quesarito though?
so good..

i can't wait until they bring back the quesarito box

No, you stop eating and wake up proud of yourself for sticking to your goals

Ham and honey roasted parsnips

Anyone know how I can estimate the calories in the food I got from an authentic shitty Mexican taco shop? The full fat flour tortilla and cheese and carne asada and delicious shit that makes me feel like garbage bag full of grease.

>ate 700 calories above goal
>still under TDEE by 700
>still feel bad for going over
my mom's delicious stir fry with venison did me in bros.

>5k cals
whats wrong with you? how

Why walking the most recommended form of cardio?

>two tacos for lunch
>panera bread for dinner
>yogurtland for birthday dessert

it's low impact and it's stupid to go to a gym just to use a stationary bike

Went to the movies today. Holy fuck so many disgusting fat people. If you need motivation, just go look at these people
t. Fatty

>my dad does a barbecue for the family
>I ask him to put my chicken breast on a side of the grill.
>He gets mad because I'm not eating ribs and snack like the rest
>Dad opens a cold one and hands it to me
>"No thanks dad, I'm doing only water by now"
I'm gonna get disinherited for sure.
Dad, I don't wanna be fat.

Low-impact and you can burn fucktons of calories at a very high incline and modest pace while not feeling like death. I do 1200 cals in an hour at 25% incline, 3mph

>eat a few ribs and drink a small amount of beer so you don't seem like a dick
>don't go overboard
>everyone's happy
you're making this harder than it needs to be

user, why? I'm alone in this crusade of stop being fat. Literally no one cares about what I need to eat, they still count me for pizza and McDonald's, and other shit. Every Monday, my mom says "oh we are really fat, we should start eating better. My last medic exam came pretty bad and we need to eat healthier", and literally 2 days later we are having McDonald's for dinner.I may have started only a few days ago, but if there's something I can say I have and I'm proud of, it's my resilience. Everybody is questioning that I started the diet really close to the holidays and no one gives me an opportunity. I really want to make it. No. I'm gonna make it.
I'm doing 1200kcal a day, and I think I've already lost 2 kilos of the scale isn't lying to me.

>I'm doing 1200kcal a day
so just make sure to eat 1200kcal of ribs and beer. they generally don't care how much of it you eat, so just portion it out. it's not worth pissing off your family so you can stick to an autistic diet of chicken and broccoli

also, learn to cook. if you can, cook for your family too. they're less likely to go to mcdonald's and order pizza if they know someone is there to do all the work of cooking healthy meals for them

>1200cal of ribs and beer
not him but fuck off

they aren't that calorie dense if you don't fucking drown them in sauce
it's not my fault or problem if you're too autistic to exercise self control when someone else is cooking. it's not like his dad is bbqing every night

Can I "cancel out" bad eating on one day by eating less the following day?

>also, learn to cook. if you can, cook for your family too. they're less likely to go to mcdonald's and order pizza if they know someone is there to do all the work of cooking healthy meals for them
I thought about this, but it would be worthless. The moment they go out they'll buy some shit and snack whatever they got offered. It would be just a waste of time.
What i, yes plan Is to not stick to the diet this 24th and this 31st nights. I'm probably gonna have some lunch extra low on calories, or just fast it, to eat like a normal person on the night when the whole (30+ people) family gather.
It would be over autistic to carry my scale there, as well as my Tupperware with some chicken and rice biscuits. I'd rather eat shit easy and mannered, than give many explanations to everyone... Like this night.

Depends...
If you go on a 10k calorie binge then no, you can't.
If you eat 500-1k more than you supposed to, then yes, you probably can.

not exactly. try not to eat shitty food in the first place. if it makes you feel better go ahead and fast but the most important thing is that you go right back to your diet

>it would just be a waste of time
still, i'd try to cook for them even if it just means that you'll be improving your cooking skills for when you move out. also, in my experience it makes it easier to deny the fast food they get you if you already have something planned for yourself

wee another day of giving in to hunger, kill my no-discipline-having ass

Learn english you baboon.

>not exactly. try not to eat shitty food in the first place.
I know. I've learned my lesson. I made my first bad choice since starting my diet and I feel like utter shit about it, both mentally and physically. I've never wanted to undo eating something so badly. I'll straighten myself out and not do it again.

How the fuck do I stop stress eating? When shit goes bad, I always turn to food. What else can I do to stave away bad feelings?

Attached: sadguts.png (887x901, 563K)

You need to realize that there will always be something "bad enough" to stress eat over.
Learn other coping mechanism.
Go for a walk instead and I dont mean a walk to the fridge.

Is that even considered a good body? Looks like a twig for a guy

at the start i kept my fridge stocked with carrots and celery that i'd eat when i felt like stress eating. also probably went through 30 packs of gum over the course of 2 months
eventually i just found it easier to do something with my hands when i got stressed. clean your house or find a manual hobby to do when you're stressed, it will help take your mind off things

Do you even know what twink means?

>be me
>losing weight
>feeling good
>better than I have in years
>want to get a gf
>realize I've only lost ~1/3rd of the weight I have planned to lose
>can get hotter gf later
>constant internal debates about what to do

haha the WEIGHT is killing me!

Attached: 1525942870015.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

Got to 84lb lost as of this morning, which means I'm 9lb ahead of my end of year target and also that I'm just 1 more pound away from getting out of class 3 obesity.

Never thought I would make this kind of progress when I started in mid august this year, feels great.

What's /fat/ having for breakfast?

Attached: 20181222_095109.jpg (4032x2268, 1.67M)

Some unsweetened mint tea.

Ew what is that

Day 8 of zero carb started two hours ago. Never thought I'd make it this far. My carb addiction is still strong as fuck and is so hard to manage, but I can tell that It's grip is losing its hold on me, which is great.

Sucks I ate all my bacon and eggs. All i have is ground beef now for the next, like five days. Bummer. Shits kinda gross at this point

Attached: hi.gif (300x300, 817K)

oats, banana and Milk

You realize that's like 1000 cals of milk, right

lol! I'm not am American. Only children drink sweetened milk here. The milk is about 150ml = 87 kcal

Lost 8 pounds so far this month, already getting mires from coworkers. I eat this every day:
2 scoops protein in water (268kcal)
2 chicken breasts, 1/2c cottage cheese, hot sauce, bowl of spinach (361kcal)
3/4c greek yogurt + 1/2 scoop (150kcal)
150g striploin, bowl of spinach (200kcal)

Nice, my guy. How much do you weigh now

187lbs, down from 195 (TDEE by online calculator is at ~2800).

>mfw my belt has run out of notches

Attached: feelsgoodman.png (1480x832, 66K)

Any tips on cutting out bread? My bread addiction is ruining me
>sugar levels pretty fucking high
>have been gaining weight
what can i replace it with? corn tortillas come to mind

I wouldn't replace it with anything. If you're making sandwiches, do a lettuce wrap instead. Otherwise, stick to lean meats and fibrous veggies.

that's the thing, i don't eat bread with a specific food, i just stack it to whatever i'm eating (like beans)

Similar. 189 down from 205. About 10lbs still to go
Lost all my muscles tho.. feels dyel man
Let's keep it up tho bro. Let's get lean

Attached: 1479766812863.png (500x407, 60K)

You're gonna make it, user.

Attached: feels.png (833x768, 37K)

Eat carb free bread and tortillas. They taste like shit but it helps. Did it for keto and stayed in ketosis.

Imma be honest with you senpai, it would take you realistically 5 years minimum to reach this body type

Attached: E3FC5A32-2DD6-462F-B4A8-006A77917988.jpg (800x757, 183K)

I have more than 5 years left in my life.

It's gonna be bad. Real bad. Going to my mom's place and there's gonna be some casseroles, but only the rutabaga casserole is worth eating. Then there's gonna be ham, salmon pie and I'm probably forgetting a lot. All of those I can eat in moderation, but there's gonna be so much fucking chocolate. It's insane. Like 20+ bars of chocolate all about 200g. Confectionery out the ass. I don't think I'm gonna make it brahs.

And then on Christmas Day I go to my pop's place and gonna eat there too.

>christmas
I'm gonna do it. I'm not gonna overeat.

Lmao thought I was the only one.

Like yeah I could get this average chick... But why settle when I'm going to lose like 50 more pounds and improve so much.

22 yo
185 cm
101 kg
Lost 20 kg in 2,5 months
Eating ~1200 cal a day
Light exercise
Gonna start lifting next week probably
How do I dry fast to reduce loose skin?

Attached: 1544435095934.jpg (1280x720, 321K)

You can do it

Based. We're all gonna make it lads

how did he make it with 0 protein intake?

i want to lose some weight and im fine with eating less but i feel so weak and lack energy to do anything... how do you guys deal with this? any protips?

I am somewhat skinny fat (180cm, 80kilos) but when I look at old pictures I think I look even more retarded when I am skinny because of my big head. And when I remember i was skinny fat even at 70 kilos do I need to go Auschwitz level or what?

Better sleep, maybe caffeine (a cup a day max, otherwise i get "addicted" to it and feel lethargic).
Also, I feel like it's kinda in your mind, i know its stupid to say but when cutting the only way i can make it out of a mma lesson is convincing myself the lack of energy is just my body trying to conserve it. If I want to make it, i need to make it through the classes.

Visiting parents last year:
>'Wow user, you're looking too skinny!'

Visiting parents this year:
>'Wow user, you're getting a stomach!'

Attached: 1413306522910.jpg (1600x1120, 212K)

I take 6mg melatonin every night to sleep.
anyone knows if it can cause weight gain?

>tfw loose skin
might end it

down to class 1 obesity today from class 3 last year

>182kg in mid October
>start counting calories and eating much less
>at a 1-1.5k calorie deficit a day
>just hit 86kg this morning
>exactly half way to my initial goal already
>it's Christmas in 2 days
I'm a bit worried but I'm going to stop calorie counting starting on Christmas day and get back to it probably on new years day.
This doesn't mean I'm going to stuff my face, I'm still going to eat in small quantities but I'm going to be eating such a wide variety of things that logging it all is going to be way more pain than it is worth. I know I'm strong enough to not just binge all my christmas chocolate in a week anyway so I should be able to maintain or at least not gain much at all.
I'm glad I didn't wait to start though, I was originally considering starting on new years day for this very reason but if I had done that I'd still be obese rather than just overweight.
Thanks to everyone who posts progress here for inspiring me to make the end of my year a good one. I look forward to losing much more in the next!

Attached: 2018-12-23 Weight Chart.png (1080x1920, 73K)

LOL i meant 102kg start not 182kg, fuck losing that much in 2 months would have killed me for sure.

kek. literally in the same spot except I'm at 87kg instead of 86, I even started in mid october. I started dieting for two weeks before I weighed myself in during mid october and I was at 97.2, I shouldve weighed myself before but I'd estimate I was atleast at 100kg if not more. we're all gonna make it.

lol Yeah I did the numbers for you and it looked like you were halfway to your goal of -10kg.

Former /fat/tie here. Here is what helped me drop the weight:

Learn how to cook. If you can't cook, I pity you. All men should know how to cook. It's the definition of Independence.

Don't buy packaged food (except for canned fish)

>lemme eat this family size pizza. I'll just fast for two days

lol Don't fast

No, you aren't going on a diet. You'll fail if you think like this. You're changing your life style

Don't skip a meal. Even if you aren't hungry. DO NOT skip a meal.

Stock up on fruit and mixed vegetables.

Ditch diet Coke. Replace with tea.

Attached: NJMUU6u.gif (250x374, 770K)

Bros how do you get rid of that throat burning feeling after doing a hard workout?

Attached: instacap.jpg (1118x866, 103K)

>i you can't cook, I pity you. All men should know how to cook. It's the definition of Independence.
epic and badass

I get that during hard cardio, sucks.

Get some muscles

Fat guy here.

I've been doing CICO & high intensity cardio for 2 months now. The first month I lost 21lbs (was 224lbs 5ft 8). This month has woke me on how hard I really need to work. I got sloppy after a good first month and I cheated 2x a week. I'm still down 21lbs but I should be down more. Going to really stick to CICO for the next month to show myself what I can do if I don't fuck it up. I am going to go over CICO on Xmas and NYE because I want to get drunk but for the next 4 weeks besides them, including my birthday, I'm going to limit to 1600 Cals and do my HIT cardio.

Don't eat before working out.

i take it and i haven't noticed anything

you wait. pretty sure that's just lactic acid buildup. if you can't stand it then just don't go as hard

I did it again.

I couldn't pass the Taco Bell without stopping. Got two chicken tacos and a Frito burrito.

Guess it's broccoli for dinner again boys.

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d[1].png (633x758, 16K)

Anyone else get fits of rage when dieting? I get so damn irritable it's unreal, anyone know how to cope?

Lol. Jeez
Carb withdrawal maybe

IS christmas ham good for bulking? Happy bulk Yule and have good New year.

You're lost.

how bad is being limited to bodyweight exercises like pushs ups, normal squats etc while trying to lose weight? believe it or not but i live in middle of nowhere with sub 6k population as of now and there is no local gym to help me with losing my skinnyfat status