Favorite Movie Genre, and why-

Favorite Movie Genre, and why-
I'll start.
War movies, Vietnam War Movies in particular. Just because all the good ones focus on atmosphere, characters, and madness. Watching a character's dehumanisation process take effect is so interesting, it literally forces you to watch the protagonists every step very closely, and it can really suck you in. Apocalypse Now even has a sub-plot that's not visible without having read the source material.
TL:DR The process of dehumanization, decent into madness and the indoctrination of evil are the main reasons why I love Vietnam War Movies.

Attached: Screenshot_20181015-221819_Google.jpg (1072x596, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hTXJyo5Vry4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Crime dramas. Couldn't tell you why they're my favourite exactly.

Oh and they're atmosphere and how much they pull you in is also a big factor, that allows me to forget my surroundings for a few hours, and gives me a well needed pause from reality

Gangster movies, cartel movies, mafia movies. Because as far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Attached: 1517198593769.jpg (304x411, 68K)

Is that your mugshot?

List in order your fav vietnam movies and be judged.

7. You can't just
6. List them
5. In order
4. Because all of them
3. Appeal to me in
2. Different ways
1. Apocalypse Now

I like history shows in general because of the efforts that go into costume design, what dialect should be used (not entry level shit like Game of Thrones, although it is a guilty pleasure)

Movies where circumstances forces the protagonist to set aside his morals/principles to obtain a goal that is far from his reach.

especially if you can see the fallout of his decisions and there is nothing that will fix what horrors he committed to obtain a personal goal of his.

Sweeney Todd, Scarface (original/and remake), and Infinity War to an extent (in terms of the antagonist making morally wrong decisions to obtain his goal)

Attached: 3.png (354x318, 69K)

I never saw infinity war, please elaborate on why the antagonist is the one having to put his morals aside?

he sacrifices his daughter for the soul stone

Scarface is an excellent example, love that movie. It's also one of the greatest underdog stories ever told (I think that genre is called "underdog stories", correct me if I'm wrong

surrealist movies

like;
Mandy
David Lynch movies
and movies i don't remember

i like mindfucks and trippy cinematography

it different from the original source material where Thanos kills half the universe to court a physical manifestation of death.

instead in the movies he is was a renowned scientist that was faced with a dilemma his planet was facing, where overpopulation was being a burden to his planet and the populace.
he proposed a solution which is basically killing half the population at random to save the other half, they told him to fuck off and he did but the world Titan fell into disarray because of it and his race became extinct.

dude goes insane/mad with grief and comes into the realization that all of the universe will fall into the same fate as Titan so he seeks out the infinity stones to wipe out hall of the universes population to stop all life dying.
he also sacrifices his beloved daughter for a soul stone but that felt cheap cause he didn't give a shit about Gamora in the rest of the movies.

yeah, scareface is pretty great.
especially this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=hTXJyo5Vry4

Attached: 1539755171642.jpg (500x355, 111K)

I agree 100% about the atmosphere. Its so dark and gritty I love it

Horror

cuz I fucking love cool gore, tense atmosphere and normies getting btfo

pic related is my fave

Attached: 91gPcAG3l8L._SY445_.jpg (333x445, 32K)

Yup. Amazing movie

Those artillery explosions you always hear besides the jungle sounds are a match made in heaven when it comes to atmospheric value

Gummo (I think it was called gummo)

Have you seen Charlie MoPic 84?
The atmosphere of terror towards the end is so intense.

>Apocalypse Now even has a sub-plot that's not visible without having read the source material.

I'm curious. What's the subplot.

Great taste, user. Horror is my favorite genre too, and TCM is one of the best films I've ever seen.
What is your opinion on Hooper's other films? I think they're mostly trash and he lucked out with TCM.

Attached: so pretty.jpg (1917x1089, 167K)