How do you tell if you are pseudo-intellectual or normal intellectual?

How do you tell if you are pseudo-intellectual or normal intellectual?

Attached: 1534342313294.gif (500x480, 1017K)

Normal intellectuals don't try to seem intellectual and don't bully normal people.

Do you like pic related?

Attached: bucko.jpg (1242x953, 233K)

They are know-it-alls who never see any other side of an opinion.
Never admit they don't know as much as they think.
Are usually insufferable, narcissistic cunts that no one likes to be around

how much have you accomplished? It can be measured in actions.

Intellectuals don't:
use anime reaction images
consume any form of anime media in any way, shape or form
exist before you the age of 50.

>Barack Obama
>Elon Musk
>Neil DeGrasse Tyson
>Not intellectuals
Okay cringeboy

>implying a nigger reading a teleprompter and who has dozens of people who are actually running the country is an intellectual
>implying a wannabe tony stark, faggoty marketer is an intellectual
>implying a bill nye tier "science" enthusiast is an intellectual
You win the dumbass award, permanently.

Pseudo-intellectuals are evil demagogues

If you try to be an intellectual, you automatically become a pseudointellectual. True intellect is being able to see reality for what it is, without any biases or ulterior motives attached to it.

The whole point of intellectualism is the understanding of abstract concepts, how they relate to the real world and how they relate to each other. This tactic is simply used to imply all the neets or other losers are not intellectuals and we all le smart but lazy meme. Fuck you normalfag

To bounce off of this, instead of focusing on intellectualism which is kinda meaningless, focus on abstract concepts like truth and the pursuit of truth and knowledge for the sake of knowledge, and to be an objective, vanguard of truth.

I have to disagree. In my opinion, anything but the desire to understand reality is pseudointellectualism. Being a "vanguard of truth" is an ulterior motive, it makes you biased as it makes you defend your own perspective of truth over being fully impartial and objective.

Really you dont to overcomplicate it. Seek to understand reality, and you will succeed. Seek anything else, and you will fall to falsehood and delusion.

You are right, I was just idealizing the intellectual in the pursuit of knowledge. I agree and rescind that phrase

This. The hallmark of a pseud is they want to be percieved as intellectual. Hence they come off as pretentious. Actual intellectuals don't care about being percieved as smarter than they actually are. They let the worth of their ideas redt on their merit alone.

All self proclaimed intellectuals are pseudo-intellectuals. In that sense intellectuals don't exist outside of the subjective opinion of a bunch of pseudo intellectuals. True intellectuals don't exist because they do not recognize the title nor expect others to. In fact it may only act as a detriment to recognize someone as an intellectual as it will inevitably lead to moronic anti intellectual squabbling between sheep which sullies their name with their dirty disgusting tongues.

If you get shit done and have a following, you're an intellectual. If you don't discover jack shit, haven't moved any mountains recently, and can only repeat what others say, you're pseudo.

Attached: homemade gun.jpg (480x360, 45K)

Anyone here who thinks they're intellectual is probably a pseudointellectual because I think the standards of intellectual are actually quite high. The difference between a Jow Forums intellectual and a Jow Forums pseud in my opinion is whether or not their point is relevant.

>Jow Forums intellectual

Attached: stick on my dicky uh pepe.jpg (332x328, 31K)

>without any biases
if only that was possible, but you can sure as hell try

If you look at being unbiased in a such a defeatist way, its probably better you never try to seek any truth at all. The only thing worse than not knowing is to think you know but to be wrong

Incorrect
t. intellectual

Attached: 1518113550514.jpg (750x839, 122K)

You, a pleb: writes dissertation
Me, an intellectual: posts smug anime reaction image as my masters thesis

pseudo-intellectual tries to impresses idiots with his knowledge

intellectual tries to avoid idiots

Normal intellectuals do that shit all the time, especially if they're young.

>edgy teens going through a phase are intellectuals

Lots of older beta males like the ones on this board do all the time.

Intellectuals
>are naturally curious and insightful
>enjoy analyzing things just to understand how they work
>enjoy explaining and answering questions about their interests
>feel restless whenever they aren't learning, creating, or mastering something
>are capable of intense focus and ingenious lateral thinking
>are comfortable admitting ignorance
>are eager to learn from people that know things they don't

Pseudo-intellectuals
>are primarily concerned with status
>crave acceptance from authority and demand conformity from their peers
>think ignorance is shameful, hide their own and mock others for theirs
>lack original thinking or synthesis in areas of expertise, mostly just memorize facts
>frequently quote famous people or popular consensus when asked an opinion
>are prone to generalizing or abstracting their specific interests to make them seem more important
>feel insecure and threatened by the presence of actual intellectuals

read 3 dense books a month minimum

t.butthurt zoomer
kys

Pseudo intellectuals make a habit of using big words even when they don't illustrate a point more clearly.

Pseudo intellectuals commonly commit ad hominem.

Pseudo intellectuals distract themselves with the author of an idea rather than engaging the idea itself.

Pseudo intellectuals love to name-drop. If their opponent is unfamiliar with the mentioned material the pseudo intellectual will act as if this makes them superior. Instead of explaining the work and its relevance to the argument the pseudo intellectual often abandons debate altogether (see: "educate yourself!")

In my experience, pseudo intellectuals are often left-leaning.

You think normal people are being bullied here? jfc what a shit show this board has been today.

I think that the moment you step toward viewing learning your achievements as a result of learning you take intellectualism and shift it to just being another hollow, marketable thing.
Actual intellectuals wouldn't ever label themselves as an intellectual.

Good list.

These are especially true:
>are primarily concerned with status
>think ignorance is shameful, hide their own and mock others for theirs
>frequently quote famous people or popular consensus when asked an opinion

Reading books because you think it makes you smart is the sign of a pseudointellectual. Reading books can make you smarter of course, but if you've set a quota on how much you're supposed to read to stay smart, you're probably not a real intellectual.

You're going to die. You should have a quota

Intellectuals are usually endowed with enormous amounts of knowledge. You don't just know history, literature, politics, philosophy, etc... by sitting on your ass. And if you don't know these topics you are likely an ideologue or repeating something someone else said but with less nuance and perspective.

To know that much you need to be constantly reading. Else you are a pseud.

I just wanna say that it's equally pretentious to judge someone's intellectual abilities by how pretentious they come across as.

One's ability to engage with new ideas is a better indicator of intellectualism than his ability recite old ones.

10/10 bait almost called you names but then I realized you were only pretending to be retarded

pseudo-intellectuals and regular intellectuals are really easy to tell apart side-by-side, but I don't know exactly why.

>its another pseudointellectual cope thread

Intellectuals know what they're talking about and don't brag about their intelligence to impress others

basically everything is bullshit and therefore reliant on a massive javascript-library-esque snarl of context to make it seem like it's not
there's no debate! it's just fags trying to gaslight each other into internalizing their stupid crap
when someone calls you a pseud all it means is they think you care about being smart and therefore they can bruise your ego by attacking that

>If you look at being unbiased in a such a defeatist way, its probably better you never try to seek any truth at all
except it's literally impossible to be unbiased. but you can get really close

Kinda looking like it.
>muh intelligent people are not smart

There's more than two types. Intellectuals are intellectuals. Pseudo-intellectuals are normal or stupid people who think they're intellectuals. You can just be a normal person who recognizes their level of intelligence or knowledge for what it is.

He is talking about people like you lol

That's literally what half the posts in this thread boil down to, insecurity about intelligence and trying to find security by making intelligence out to be this unreachable thing. Sure some people are trying to make a valid point about calling yourself intellectual but just as many if not more just idiots who want to pretend nobody else is smart either.

No i mean the guy you replied to is talking about people like you, not the people you're talking about

>Normal intellectuals don't try to seem intellectual
this

>and don't bully normal people.
not this

Nah he is right, bullying is impulsive animalistic tribalistic low iq behaviour, it is the poler opposite of reason and intellect. If someone engages in bullying you can be sure he is an idiot.

True intellectuals make fun of retards. It's only logical. To treat them with respect is retarded.

You're expending energy and time into something that is of no benefit to you. Its the the opposite of logical. Its impulse based and tribalistic behaviour, which are two of the hallmarks of low iq. You are no doubt a low iq person btw

>not displaying proper disdain for retardation
Good example you're setting nigger. Also it's for joy you nigger, intellectuals are still humans and normal people often do hilariously retarded shit.

being known as an intellectual fucking sucks. they think you can sit up all night doing thier work essays or kick you into uni. its not actually like that, its understanding conceptsand being "redpilled". if you're an "intellectual", use it to cuck people over for actual gain, not to get work loads of random shit thrown at your face. just dont fucking project yourself as one, and if you do that unironically, then please gtfo.

>acting on emotions
>acting on impulse
>concerning yourself with what normal people do
>even being aware of what normal people do
>feeling intellectually threatened by normal people to the point you have to make fun of them to defend your ego
yeah, like i said, definitely low iq

based everyone-(you)er

>muh "emotions r illogikulll"
didn't even read past that

>too stupid to read
t. low iq