advice

>pic related is me

i hate black metal but love death metal

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_method#Philosophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period#Linguistics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guitar is a great instrument. Practice no distortion with 10 gauge strings. You'll be amazed at your progress in a year if you keep at it.

i also wanna dabble in vocals, got any advice for that?

is fl studios good for deathcorealso?

>hate black metal love death metal
So how long has it been since you came out?

If you're older than 12 it's already too late to learn and be good

youre an idiot 10192992

I'd put the cutoff a bit later in the teens, but yeah, no one has time to learn to play guitar in their 20s

is 19 too old?

nah you've got time, if you really stick to it, in a couple years you could definitely have some skill. Focus on theory and how it pertains practically to the guitar i.e. where notes are located physically relative to scale degree etc. Scales, modes, all the shit is boring, but crucial. Also learn basic chord shapes that can be transposed like, google "CAGED shapes" to find out more about that. Alternate pick from the start, that's crucial too. Or else you have to go back and relearn your picking technique.

Guitar isnt very hard to learn if you practice for hours daily. granted there are some people who do have the hand dexterity for it

Attached: 1523881140726.jpg (245x249, 14K)

It's a matter of priorities. If you decide to take the time, you have the time.

what about vocals bro

This is why you'll never be good.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_method#Philosophy
>started learning violin at 6 and my teacher told me I was already probably too old.
>joined public school orchestra in 6th grade just to feel superior to others everyday
>those kids never had a chance
Guitar is literally the easiest instrument to learn to play at a level that will impress non-musicians, just because the bar has been set SO LOW. Like literally, any rock/metal guitar 'god' is like book 4 Suzuki tops. Also every guitarist I know has an inferiority complex cause they know that can't hold a candle to classical/jazz musicians and keep telling themselves they're going to learn the piano.
Also look at this:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period#Linguistics
Beyond a certain age it basically becomes impossible to become fluent in a language and I think musical ability is closely related to linguistic ability. So long story short: your dreams have passed you by...

you are a retard.. mhahahahahahaha
nice bait tho

do you think i give a fuck about classical/jazz?
youre a retard bro, i just wanna make metal music and have a blast, not feel intellectually superior like some subhuman compensating ethnikk like you.

I'm sorry you can't face reality. :*(
Be sure to buy a reverb pedal to cover up all your mistakes.

mhmmamhahah atip m' fedora

I am white.
Once you blow a bunch of money on equipment, your going to be around other musicians and you will always feel like the little dick in the locker-room.

>manlet
>hates things
What a surprise. Cope harder

you don't want to make death metal you want to be a numale american making deathcore.

rip mitch lucker, he was a true legend.