Steven universe is the most beautiful show I've watched in a long time

Steven universe is the most beautiful show I've watched in a long time

You should watch it user

Attached: 1530929121100.jpg (593x449, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/flLEr_sYC-k
youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ
youtu.be/W5KckytsmPA
youtu.be/oZU_0vDqrFk
youtu.be/svSsbbAnuTA
youtu.be/b32Ba3wlcE8
youtu.be/LlqEvkhl0So
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>youtu.be/flLEr_sYC-k

Attached: 1210368.jpg (495x495, 35K)

shut up faggot
ive seen every episode. i dont even like it but i have autism

I agree with you user but who the fuck is going to watch a two hour video on why something is garbage

I stopped after the cluster, should I go back?

Too busy watching One Piece (I love it btw)

Nobody. That's the point. Anybody who disagrees isn't going to examine a two hour video to produce a counter-argument. If they do, they either have no life bc they like StevenU that much, or bc they have the time to watch a 2 hour long rant just to dissect it.

Either way, I win.

Attached: pepe-frog.jpg (770x770, 59K)

I've never seen a single episode. I honestly don't even know how I would respond if someone said this to me. I'd probably just stifle disgust or be a little bewildered or something, I don't know.

I'm OP and I have unironically watched this whole video

I disagree with a lot of the things he says, and honestly he tries to come off as objective but most of the things he says are just shit tier opinions.

For example, like half of the video is focused on how Sugar makes too many videos with the people in beach city instead of focusing on driving the home world story arc

That's stupid - like 90% of what makes Steven universe so beautiful are the chill sound design and aesthetics that the show shapes, mainly around beach city. It's just an ultra comfy show to watch. Honestly I don't care at all about continuity or whatever, I don't expect anything like that from Steven Universe. My ideal Steven universe would be just like Spongebob, a show I can throw on for easy low stress watching at the end of the day. If she abandoned the whole diamond / home world thing completely I would still be happy with the show.

On the racial coding... the guy definitely has a point, and I really wish the SU team considered that before the creation of characters like Bismuth and Garnet on the show. The whole concrete thing... I didn't know about that until watching his vid. It's disappointing to say the least.

Garnet is one of the best
characters, and she has a limited presence on SU, even in early episodes. My hypothesis for why Garnet has such a limited speaking time is because Estelle might be a more expensive VA than other gems, who knows...

Anyways, Lily brings up a lot of good points, and his concerns about the messages that the show broadcasts are entirely valid. But nobody watches a show like Spongebob or Steven Universe for its messages (ok, maybe with SU its gay messages a little lol). They watch it because of its atmosphere and humor, for how comfy it is. And that's what I like about SU.

One piece has amazing world building but it's just so fucking long

Most serial anime is repetitive as fuck, including one piece. Manga is better imo.

I really feel like the fanbase behind StevenU is the exact same as those who inhabit the cancerous SJW depths of Tumblr. It's full of touchy-feely bullshit that tumblrfags would find deep and interesting.

Most of it is, that's true

...but I don't give a shit
It doesn't detract from the quality of the show

And there's honestly no other show like it

You do realize how stupid of a reason that is to not like something right?
People you don't like breathe air and drink water too

>steven Universe
>most beautiful show I've watched in a long time
>Asuka
user, get your normalfag ass out of here and grow the fuck up.

>You should watch it user
no thanks, wanna marathon werner herzog films with me instead

Attached: 1447710004073.gif (500x450, 671K)

The early episodes were fun and had a good atmosphere. Really started to go to shit after that, though, already saw everything I wanted to see by the end of season 1A.

Yeah I agree with you, it has started to sour a bit in later seasons. But that doesn't mean that gems don't shine through every so often. The show is still just as capable of producing masterpieces as it was when it started.

The show peaked on average around a bit more than halfway through season one, because it started to take itself WAY too seriously after getting a solid fanbase.

The problem is 100% that people like Lily Orchard exist. They expect way too much out of the show and it stresses the fuck out of Rebecca Sugar et al.

Sugar and crewniverse don't and shouldn't have to care about dumb shit like fascism in their fucking children's cartoon. It's ridiculous the kinds of shit some fans read into the show.

This doesn't mean that I don't think some of the messages are not beautiful and worth including in the show, in fact I mean the opposite entirely - many of the musical works like Stronger than You, Do It for Her, and Here Comes a Thought have profound messages that contribute heavily to the show. Steven Universe wouldn't be the same without these and it wouldn't be as good.

But Lily confuses these light hearted feel good types of messages which contribute to the shows atmosphere with some kind of deep seated political message that just is NOT there at all.

Anyways... peridot episodes are always very good if you don't want to watch it entirely hehe

This is exactly why you're not best gril

Asuka is shit
Everyone knows it

>shut up faggot
>ive seen every episode. i dont even like it but i have autism
You like it a little

>But nobody watches a show like Spongebob or Steven Universe for its messages (ok, maybe with SU its gay messages a little lol). They watch it because of its atmosphere and humor, for how comfy it is

Being teased by SU and then waiting for plot advancements is painful. It is even more so when there is very little humor or "character development." To say SU has enough humor for it not to focus on its plot is hilarious. I can't remember one single funny moment from the show. The only reason why people watch it was for its plot... which they tease and then put away.

Tbh, I only watched it because some of my friends did, and I wanted to be able to talk to them about the shows that they watched.
But it's honestly just decent most of the time, and good in only a few instances. Not worth watching if you haven't started yet IMO.
Even my friend who got me into the show has stopped watching it.

Not really worth it, especially if your mates doesn't watch it either.
There is probably a million other ways you could better spend your time.

youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ
youtu.be/W5KckytsmPA
youtu.be/oZU_0vDqrFk
youtu.be/svSsbbAnuTA
youtu.be/b32Ba3wlcE8
youtu.be/LlqEvkhl0So

Man I didn't like adventure time so if your main argument is aesthetics steven universe sure as shit won't convince me when Land of the Lustrous exists.

Attached: bort and diamond.jpg (1000x1344, 223K)

bumping for this shitty show.

>Man I didn't like adventure time so if your main argument is aesthetics steven universe sure as shit won't convince me when Land of the Lustrous exists.
But I hated adventure time though

SU and adventure time are completely different

You said you liked how steven universe meanders around with a decent aesthetic. That's all adventure time is. same dumb indie aesthetic. more meandering. just a different setting.
And that's ignoring the better show about rock people being aesthetic.

Attached: phos.png (672x372, 742K)

it was okay at like season 2 but mostly i just gave it a chance cuz adventure time and now i cant drop it even tho i hate every episode for at least two seasons. considering there's an average of 1.5 new minutes of content per week its not much of a commitment.

gay space rocks

>People you don't like breathe air and drink water too
Grrr... I hate that god damned water and its buddy oxygen!