LIFTING SUPERSTITIONS

For me, it's never trying to PR unless I can use "my" bench/rack.

Attached: superstition.jpg (634x478, 27K)

Pl8s must be uniform for PRs.
My gym has an equal amount of round and dodecagon pl8s and I don't ever mix them.

Perform worse on deadlift platform than on the floor.

I unrack the bar three or four times before it feels right for OHP.

I squat better in front of the mirror.

This doesn't apply to other lifts, and if I'm going for a new RM, I have to have the rack with the mirror. I am stronger with it.

I always finish the workout with bicep curls on my UP and UH days, never anything else

Not stepping over the bar especially on 1rep max day i swear it knows

I take rest days even though I realise I am just missing out on gains.

Attached: 1543445134163.jpg (820x1024, 101K)

Once I hit 2/3/4/5x5 she'll dump her bf.

Apparently if you look in any mirror over a dumbell rack and say "BlG OL' NATTY PAPA P-DIDZ PATT0N, THE NATTY KING OF Jow Forums" three times, he appears behind you and then follows you around spotting you too much, thus stealing all your gains.

Heard it from a VERY reliable source, but I've been too scared to try it myself

Attached: SpookyMike.jpg (242x604, 27K)

I have to use the same bar when I do diddlies and all the plates have to be the same

just put on weight that he won't be able to handle. For example let's say you are around 2 pl8 benche. And let's assume that he can spot you for 2 pl8s as well. In that case load up 4 pl8s and do your sets.

>won't be able to handle.
Lmao. Buddy, do you know who BlG OL' NATTY PAPA P-DIDZ PATT0N, THE NATTY KING OF Jow Forums is?

If I'm not alligned with the lines of the floor/building, my lift is ruined
Can't pr a lift unless it's my second set of the exercise
Spending 15 seconds making sure my legs and feet are positioned just right with the bar on my shoulders before doing squats
Explosive on the lift, controlled and slow on the put down, and paused reps only or it's not a real rep

>be me and fren working out at night
>Watch old dude grab certain plates everyday
>He'd grab a 5, skip a few, another 5, like he had them memorized
>Wonder wdf he's doing
>Eventually ask him one day why he only gets certain plates
>They all weigh different user! They're all 1-2 lbs off! It might not matter to you, but for a old man it's a big difference!
>Not sure if srs
>Get bored one night with fren and weigh a 45
>Mfw it's 42
>Weigh another
>41
>Mfw all my lifts may be a lie

Attached: 1545149659925.png (550x535, 198K)

Never EVER do 7 reps.

I arrange the barbell so that it is perpendicular with or parallel to any surrounding straight lines including breaks in the flooring, ceiling structures, walls.

Attached: 1533350086700.png (280x336, 216K)

I always use the same deadlift platform or my power cleans/deadlifts will be off , and I HAVE to yawn before getting my breath to start any set of any exercise.

>mfw waiting for my pre squat sneeze to come out

Attached: 1524451952715.jpg (730x624, 67K)

I am superstitious about doing a lift the day after I was supposed to bc let's say i missed the lift that day
>missed my tricep shit
>feel forced to wait til next week to do it because I don't want to fuck the schedule up
Should I just do the lift the next day, or should I wait doods?
I keep finding myself in situations where I'm like "wow, I really feel like training X right now, but that muscle group isn't supposed to be trained for another day this week". I feel like I'm missing out.

I double knot my left shoe and single knot my right shoe. I also do my left wrist wrap first every time

This, Once moved the entire power rack because it was putting me off not being able to squat parallel to the floor.

Trips of literal OCD

There are three sets of plates at our gym: Bumper, Older and newer plates. I never use any of the older weights and will actively search out the newer plates i require, even if the older plates are right there.

If you struggle with this just decrease your daily volume per muscle group, but increase the frequently per musclegroup to get the same total volume every week.

Then it doesnt matter as much, allows you to be way more flexible. Besides training any muscle group once per week is far too little unless you are on roids.

I never fap on rest days/the day before working out

for some reason I have pulled all my best Deadlift PRs AFTER I squatted heavy... which makes no sense to me. I have pulled my all time PR literally after I squatted to failure that day and had to bail on the last squat rep.

Attached: 1475325595216.png (604x605, 565K)

I have to do all my lifts in order, no matter how long I have to wait for the equipment.
This but with rows
Also this

Attached: gomad.jpg (720x960, 143K)

Thanks dude. I'm currently trying to transition from the default 5x5 to a 4 (2 days for strength, 2 for volume) work day upper lower split, so hopefully I can get past the superstitions.
Friendly reminder
We are all gonna make it. Happu holidayu

I started blasting the natty anthem when going for PRs as a joke with a friend and now I can't do it without it.

Gym has 3 plates brands. I load only the same brand because i'm afraid of imbalances.
I do curls with the fixed ezbar instead of the regular fixed one, because i'm convinced that the first one is lighter for the same effort.
I don't trust the 35lbs plates, never use them
I switch mixed grip on every deadlift set to avoid imbalances
I believe the bumper plates degrade over time, weighting less, so use regular plates for deadlift to avoid losing gains.

When working legs I need my 3 inch trunks on and my shortest shorts or else I can’t squat properly.

old Russian weightlifting superstition:
never step OVER the bar, especially when loaded

I must pray towards Mecca in MY squat rack.

I time my rests on a stopwatch, and I feel my sets get better the closest I get to the nearest second (ex: 2:59.78 - bad, 3:00.00 - best, 3:00.05 - ok)

I thought I was alone in this cruel world.

Attached: Blank+_d101e9b6c08a63e2f965be7cabe798d1.jpg (557x344, 48K)