QTDDTOT

Is there any way to get a v-taper or more appealing look with a hip bone structure like pic-related? It's not me but will be 100% how I look after this cut, with low BF, abs and love handles

Attached: f0471b506afc4133bcacd47a92675727-610xh.jpg (419x528, 31K)

please help me bros it's the one thing holding me back from making it, how do I get thicker/straighter torso on the sides

Does carnivore really works for shedding of fat?

I'm currently 18% bf or so and I would like to get under 12% without starving myself.

Attached: 000_F4OtMr1.jpg (768x960, 78K)

Do obliquework and make them prominent, obviously.

just eat fat and protein so your body is forced to use fat reserves as main energy source AKA ketosis. Carnivore is just a weird way of doing keto

is there any disadvantage of using a 5ft barbell that rated for 600lbs if im a newbie?

not really. Like brand new to lifting? It should last you about a year, maybe less depending on how serious you're gonna lift/bulk. Please don't be paying more than $70 for that though

Yes, train lats and shoulders more to increase width, train obliques more as they tighten the waist and the diagnal shape gives the appearance of a tighter waist, and some people say vaccuums help tighten the waist. With your hips it’ll be harder to achieve one that’s as impressive as others but it’s still doable with enough effort

its a trap bar
if I want a good 7ft one it would cost me twice as much

Attached: BAR044C3.jpg (650x650, 35K)

Nice

>Carnivore is just a weird way of doing keto
What else would you eat for keto then?
Not counting for weird food like avocado or coconut fat

Side ups, twists, side planks

Veggies, duh.

nuts, dairy. I'm not going to pretend meats won't be your primary sources, but there's no need to avoid anything else that's fat/protein. I also like mushrooms to fill me up with little cals

Attached: ?format=750w.jpg (741x720, 138K)

how do lift on a cut? routines or general advice on rep/set count and session frequency per week would be appreciated

Ok for dark leafy greens but everything else is loaded with carbs, isn't it?

Love dairy and eggs, I thought this counted as carnivore since it's animal source, tbqh

For nuts, they're have pretty much same g of carbs as of fats, so hazelnut spread etc gets out of hand ?

Cut weekly volume by 2/3, don’t increase weight.

you can eat up to 30-40 grams of carbs in a day and still be in ketosis, some nuts have about double the fat compared to carbs. I like to eat about 35g carbs a day all an hour or two before my lifting, which will burn out any glycogen sources the body has for energy if it has any at all

Is it possible to be Jow Forums and cute?

Nice
I'll be glad to add some dark chocolate or homemade nutella from time to time
Thanks user

Lots of fit, cute yoga girls.

I'm a guy

so i'm on a diet
trying to keep it under 1200 cals a day
i'm getting fucking hungry
how do i curb my hunger without eating
i've found that brushing my teeth usually works for a few hours but i need more than that

Attached: 1522930592906.jpg (516x604, 256K)

That’s actually a fantastic idea bro. I’m gonna try that when cut szn is upon us.

Drink a gallon of water a day

Became homegymcel recently and want to get a real routine to escape skinnyfat. How is this Greyskull variant? If it's shit then what can I do with a bench + power rack + pull-up + dip bar. Thanks lads

Attached: tTuOvp9.png (648x755, 30K)

I cannot perform as many chin-ups as I can pull-ups. Why is this, is it a big deal, and what can be done about? Ive heard that the opposite should be true.

I want to progress from pull-ups to muscle-ups for reps. What is the best way of doing this?

Attached: 1544843821716.jpg (791x960, 197K)

Can anyone here please recommend a core exercise routine?

Unirionically Ab Ripper X, 3 times a week.

Attached: 1544848655812.jpg (720x1280, 197K)

It's called training lats, kid

I feel sick after a workout like I wanna puke. I work out for 40 minutes with no real break.
Working too hard? not used to it? common ?

Attached: 1506395214485.png (275x275, 88K)

Happened to me for the first couple weeks in the gym when I first started squatting. It passes.

oh cool, thanks.

Attached: 1510032367698.gif (248x255, 374K)

Why the fuck can’t i get my squat numbers up? I deadlift 4 pl8 but can’t even do 2.5 pl8 squat with proper form

What do after shit gym sesh?

Maybe do more volume? I see that being a solution. Ive also heard doing legs more than once a week is good

I’m the same, I have a 40kg pullup but I doubt I could do the same on a chinup

It all depends on training specificity, you hav eobviously trained pull-ups over chins therefore you are stronger at them

To get stronger at chin-ups, do chin-ups. To get stronger at pullups, do pull-ups.

Muscle ups are a party trick meme, why would you bother? They’re just a worse way of training lats and triceps than just supersetting dips and pull-ups.

Is there any way to undo the damage Ritalin has done to me?

>started taking it at 5, stopped at 13 before starting up again during this year to assist with studies (now 19)
>have no dreams, pretty sure it's fucked with my memory and imagination in general

I wanna start making more music and art but I feel like it stripped me of the creative parts of my brain wtf do I do

I’m doing the hepburn method which has me squatting twice a week at 8x2 working up to 8x3 before adding weight and starting over. I do the same thing for front squats but it’s 3x6 working up to 3x8. What do you recommend?

Do acid I suppose

I just want to be able to eventually bang them out for reps as a new movement in the repertoire, and to alleviate boredom. I would also like the core strength and endurance to do front lever rows for reps.

Attached: 1542496843514.jpg (1080x1340, 875K)

Look into mushrooms my guy. I mean this in a serious way. It sounds like a meme but go give it a try and do some research

Fuck l have no idea. Are you doing just squats?

If I barley get any sleep, should I skip the gym until I've slept properly?

I bench on those days as well. No additional leg work.

>as a new movement in the repertoire
They're a literally trick. Once you learn the motor skills involved in the trick, the movement is pretty much useless for training. Kind of like efficient low-bar squatting.

Attached: Carriejune Anne Bowlby17.jpg (1080x1350, 159K)

I figured of all boards I should ask here
I have a patch of thinner body hair going through my body, anyone know wtf it could be?
basically both my right forearm and right leg have a patch of smaller thin hair running along it, on the right side (facing outwards). I had it for months now but I still didn't find out what it could be. I might ask the doc soon.
If it matters I'm an underweight skeleton with very low vitamin D but I'm not sure how that relates to body hair.

R8 routine
I go every other day
>3 x 5 bench/ OHP
>3 X 5 squats
>3 X 12 shrugs
>3 X 12 curls
>3 X 5 bent over rows
>3 X 12 dumbell bench/OHP
>3 X F pull ups (currently at 6)
>3 X F ab machine
>3 X 12 facepulls

Not in order of movements. I want to add more volume to my chest but I'm not sure what to add

Chest volume isn't your biggest problem... where are the hamstring and glute movements? Deadlifts? You're going to end up dysfunctionally strong and probably a mess visually by neglecting the posterior chain, arguably the most important kinetic chain.

how about stop being a pussy and try to grow that upper body for more V taper illusion?

So just add deadlifts?

Why would one want to be “cute”?

Injured my back pretty bad few months back at the end of a training cycle. Lost most my gains since then.

Stats then @85kg, 1.85m:

SQ: 185kg
BP: 110kg
DL: 190kg

My recovery is shit due to work forcing my to long night shifts and sitting in front of a computer screen all day.

Because of this I want to switch from pure powerlifting to more all round strength training for general health. Any tips/recommendations?

I've been doing PL for more or less 3 years before the injury and think it's time for change. Please any Jow Forumsizens help a lad out

is this you?

smoke cigarettes and cigars

what if someone had i good program and ate clean but did not count macros or calories will there be gains asking for a friend who has a bmi of 16

Because that's the aesthetic I like, and it matches my personality

Like this guy asked, whats a good way to progress to muscle-ups from being able to do 15 strict pull-ups?

Attached: wallhaven-673351.jpg (1280x1920, 627K)

can you have gyno if your test/hormones are all fine? like, could you have just had an imbalance earlier which eventually corrected itself but still left you with the moobs?

what a stupid question

lose bodyfat
bouldering

yes absolutely

I seem to be getting enough protein to gain mass and I generally only have a scoop of whey as a post workout treat.
Will I make gains that much easier having a scoop everyday and getting an extra 20g or so of protein daily? When I'm working most of the year I always have a lot of meat or fish, or eggs and bacon at breakfast

skelly here. squats have made my ass disproportionately enormous and my legs have stayed skinny. should i just focus on isolation for quads and hams so my legs can catch up?

That's my goal gf user

hey guys, just a quick question. I'm gonna start starting strength and only eat clean, no junk. but, as a general rule, if I just eat meat and lift heavy stuff every day with no cardio, will I get big? I just want to be big and jacked.

If I'm getting tired of lifting with weights, can I make progress following a bodyweight routine instead?
My only concern is I don't own a pullup bar and don't trust the quality of those found online. The last thing I want is for it to give way and for me to end up injured.

More you eat and more you lift the bigger you get
Cardio killing your gains meme is about losing calories via cardio, do your cardio and just eat and extra 100 cals ontop of your bulking diet

Consider switching to front squats, which use more quads and less hams/glutes.

R8 routine

Starting pic related based on Alpha Destiny NE, hope get some gains.

Progression: add weights on the following week if all sets reps of intensity day were smooth.

Intensity = 3x5 80% of 1RM based of prilepin chart for main compounds (sq, dl, bp, ohp, rows)

Light day = bare minimum intensity, getting enough sets reps (it was part of NE 3 day template)

Volume day = low to medium intensity, getting 50-100 reps per muscle group

Rotating lifts every 3-4 weeks

Attached: image_2018-12-26_14-03-21.png (839x341, 28K)

i look pretty close to that. it's not really a huge deal but some oblique work would help

please help i think i snapped my shit and for some reason im ip banned from posting threads on all boards

>be me
>calisthenicsfag
>5 weeks ago in college gym
>haven't touched a barbell in months
>want to try barbell squats again
>work my way up to 95 kg
>go too deep, form isn't very clean, lower back hurts afterwards
>decide to rest my legs and back
>rest for 2 weeks while trying to rehab
>the pain is still lingering, hurts when i sneeze
>but it's much less than before
>go back to my regular calisthenics training
>fast forward to today, doing weighted shrimp squats
>carrying only 12 kg
>feel sharp pain in lower back on second rep
>immediately stop
>post this

the pain is where i've circled on pic related on my left side but also a little bit on my right. what did i snap and how do i fix it. it hurts just to bend over right now.

Attached: 7d92b304de6fac4363b2a06768eff380.jpg (994x1185, 275K)

Why does pretty much everything have onions in it? What am I supposed to eat?

define 'everything'

Food.

chicken has onions? I legitimately don't know what you mean

Most food, then. If I go to the store and look at the back of something I pick up, chances are it's gonna have onions in it.

You pulled a muscle. Got to rest, light band work outs, NSAIDs, eat meat, jelly etc

Pic related works for acute pain (try both straight legs or bent knees and see what works best for you).

Attached: Treat-a-Pulled-Muscle-Step-4-Version-2.jpg (728x546, 47K)

Fucking onions man bun liberal jannies changed s-o-y to onions like the beta cucks they are. I know what user is saying that s-o-y is in alot of stuff esp packaged

you should be eating whole foods, not prepackaged stuff

Where do you buy your food

Aldi or a butchers shop

Where can I go for someone to check my form? I dont know how to record my self and I dont know anyone that can hold a camera for me. Lately I think I am getting a herniated disc and I thought I was doing good form on my squats and dead lifts. I try to follow how Jeff does it but my back feels sore again from doing legs yesterday. I think I need to get my back x-rayed just to be sure what is going on.

I hate having to be held back by my shitty body. Also I dont work my abs at all. Like doing sit ups and crunches are akin to doing dumbell curls to me. But now I am starting to think I need to work my core more...

Do I just need to rest my back for a couple of days and not lift at all?

Attached: fit life.jpg (1080x720, 299K)

>doing sit ups and crunches are akin to doing dumbbell curls to me
what do you mean?

It seems like a meme work out and I assume you arent accomplishing much by just doing those alone like curls. Maybe if do them with other core workouts or something. I just need to get this back pain in check somehow so I can get back to doing squats again.

How much time would it take to cut from 18% bodyfat to around 14, maybe slightly less?

I'm visiting family for the holidays and my family wants to go watch the Mary Poppins movie.

I think it's a waste of time. We could just watch the original at home, but we don't want to, so why watch this one? And that's even if I wanted to sit for 3 hours staring at a screen when I could be socializing or studying or something.

Should I just bring a printout in my pocket to study and leave once it starts to sit in the mall somewhere and be productive?

I feel like my autism is showing, but if their reason for wanting me to go with them is to socialize or be with them, that seems dumb since a movie theater is an anti-social zone and if they're escaping into the world of the movie while watching, then what difference does it make if I'm sitting next to them in a dark room?

Attached: 1545384477600.jpg (406x454, 80K)

From somebody who was in your position it’s about the technique, you have the strength to do one. Grab the bar while you are a step back from it so you swing a little, and pull up on the backswing. This way you are out from the bar and it is easier to go over. Additionally, start with your wrists turned over the bar as much as possible, and make sure your thumb is wrapped around the bar in a proper grip. If this doesn’t work, watch videos on how to do it, but this should help, as your problem is probably just form. I couldn’t do one until I fixed my form, now I can do 2

What's the best sets and rep ranges to increase Bench and OHP weekly or every other week?

Something like 5x5 volume and 1x5 intensity like TM says for weekly progression on each lift would work? Would you suggest something else?
I OHP 55kg x3 and Bench 82.5kg x5

What about squat and deadlift?
I squat 140kgx4 and deadlift 155kgx3
BW 80kg

Attached: 1545416224504.jpg (216x234, 8K)

Shouldn't it depend on body weight too?
someone thats 120kg differs from 60kg twink even if theyre the same bf it would take different time.

what's the point in wallsits what are they good for?

also what's a respectable time to hold

That's a good point. I'm around 175 pounds. How much weight would I need to lose to drop that much bf? Something like 10-15?

How important are ab isolation exercises when it comes to aesthetics? I was hoping all of my compounds would be enough but everyone says I'm extremely lacking.

How do I make greek yogurt not taste like shit? Anyone wanna share some tips?

compounds do not give you sufficient ab work. i fell for this meme and didnt have visible abs for the first 1.5 yrs of lifting even though i was a skelly. ab isolations are extremely important and you can do them every day or every other day

Fuck. Thank you. I hate ab isolation more than anything but I guess I have to do it.

Yeah probably but that is if the weight you lose is mostly fat, that's the difficult part i guess

Are ab wheels enough to do them at home?
Doing em at the gym looks gay

ab wheels are good but i would suggest a bit more. i do atheleanx's 7min ab workout and it has done wonders (all bodyweight movements too). i alternate between that for a difficult day and decline weighted situps/hanging leg raises/ab wheel for an easier day. you can do that all at home if u want

is it possible to gain 6 lbs in a week. i ate a lot for the holidays but i don't look bloated. how much is water retention. i did break prs during the week so im hoping i gained some muscle.

Attached: 1386544541068.jpg (850x565, 66K)

Requesting the Jow Forums article giving advice on how to get friends

I'm on babby's first bulk, what's a good goal weight before I start cutting again? I'm 6'1, started two weeks ago at 169 lbs and I'm at 171 now. Also I wasted my first year or so of lifting doing fuckall progression-wise, so I don't know if that means my noob gains potential is gone.

Attached: dumpling head.jpg (576x448, 47K)

Will taking painkillers effect my gains negatively ? My lower back is a bit beaten up and I will train today once again so I am thinking of taking painkillers. Will they make me lose gains ? In that case I might as well just suffer a bit more isntead.

Attached: 1476650118481.jpg (1080x1298, 135K)