Just a reminder that you should be doing wide arm pull ups as part of your routine on back day...

Just a reminder that you should be doing wide arm pull ups as part of your routine on back day. Your lats will forever be shit if you don't.

Attached: Arnold-Wide.png (303x490, 97K)

Ultra wide pullups like that are about the worst pullup variation for your lats. Shit ROM, shit activation. If you wanna do it go for it, but it's going to do more for your rear delts and teres major than your lats.

Just a reminder that if you think that wide pull-ups are required for a joocy back, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Then what is

Regular grip pullups/pulldowns and a form of rows.

Good old regular pull-ups.

The further apart your arms are the more the strain is off your post delts and biceps and more on your lats.

people forget about ROM, not doing much good if you can hardly move more than 3 inches up/down

And that is completely negated by you only being able to do 1/3 of the ROM.

If you go all the way down and then pull your chin above the bar you get a pretty good rom.

Shut the fuck up

This guy is right

Uhh, going further apart forces your wrists to supinate and forces you to use more biceps, dummy. Your lats work best doing shoulder extension coupled with scapular adduction. The wider you go, the less you can extend the shoulder, and the more difficult it becomes to properly adduct your scapula. Doing so causes you to transversely extend your shoulders, which is the main job of your rear delts.

this
i never go wider than my shoulders are, and my lats are great

All I do is kipping pull-ups
Pic related is my back, might add some rows one day

Attached: CFEDD090-B16C-4CD0-AC0E-FD14024C2B33.jpg (750x786, 121K)

>crossfit

Attached: 1521066209706.jpg (600x325, 24K)

I can’t feel back activation during barbell rows. What am I doing wrong?

If you're feeling it in your shoulders more than your back, try keeping your elbows closer to your body when you execute the lift, and really try to pull your elbows past your core at the top of the movement as your mobility allows.

your lats look like shit.

Sometimes I feel lower back pain doing bent over rows but it doesn't feel too heavy at all to rep out. Am I bending over too far?

i cant even do narrow grip pull ups

OP is a reminder that the average poster here is legitimately stupid. Not internet stupid as "fuck this guy and his wrong opinions", actually struggles mentally

continue your sentence you idiot.

t. someone who is mad they can't do more than 5 real pull ups.

>wide grip pull ups
>real pull ups
pick one, user

Try variations
I prefer T Bar

google "dorian yates narrow grip" for example and learn something