/drugfree/

>2019
>poisoning your body with alcohol, caffeine, and other drugs
I seriously hope you're not getting drunk tonight, Jow Forums. Start the New Year off right with discipline and clean living--not reveling in hedonistic debauchery, getting hungover, and killing your brain cells.

Attached: 297734_1100.jpg (1100x825, 76K)

Don't tell me what to do! Your not my dad!

cringe

I gave up alcohol a month ago. I will not give up moderate caffeine consumption though.

>I seriously hope you’re not getting drunk tonight
Jokes on you FAGGGGOOOOOT I already am

Attached: 81CEDA5C-354B-4A30-845C-1EC8803BD2E0.gif (280x204, 1.89M)

Fuck off, faggot. I pin tren

what's wrong with caffeine?

based and redpilled

What's cringe is poisoning your body and fucking up your brain in a weak-willed, feeble attempt to escape yourself for a few hours.

Attached: 1535252754787.png (680x907, 213K)

Maybe the fact that it's a physically-addictive stimulant that you're most likely dependent upon and need to have every single day just to function at a normal level?

Attached: 1536576159179.png (498x467, 16K)

I'm just about to hit a little bit of brandy. Happy new year, anons. Thanks for the second best laughs after /o/

I'm begging you to reconsider, user. Treat your mind and body with the respect and care they deserve.

/ausfag/ here, 12pm New Years Day. Dont fucking do it American bros. Its so not worth it. I am completely wasting the first day of the year.

See in the New Year, then get a good, sober nights sleep.

never try coke.
i am two years free and i still get the itches

Based. Nothing more pathetic than alcoholic cope.

Everything in moderation including moderation.

Fag.

Shut the fuck up you boring POS

This is probably the same guy that had a meltdown in the last sobriety thread that called everyone boring.

Cringe

I'm starting with a month off alcohol
From there, I might start drinking again, but I might also stop caffeine
Its posts like this that make me abandon all hope
Fuck this might be difficult. I did stay sober last night though

Damn man didn’t mean to make you feel that way. Stay strong and stay above the bullshit that feels like it’s dragging you down and back.

straightedge masterrace since '96

I'm gonna avoid drinking. I like a double espresso before a workout though.

Instead of brandy you could of purchased 20 lbs of chicken or 8 lbs of steak.

I smoked some amphetamines does that count?

BASED

Loser

too late brudda, happy new year tho go get them

But I like caffeine, so fuck you OP

Nothing to drink but water for me buddy. Drugs are for losers.

I have to agree. Although I enjoy the feeling of having a beer, it comes with significant downside.
And doing it with others is pretty stupid considering how heavily alcohol is implicated in violence and idiociy.

Your body works on chemical stimuli, and using chemicals to induce desirable states of mind is a very useful to if used properly. That said, alcohol is a ridiculous drug and really ought to be avoided for the purposes of drunkenness, but its positive effects on health when used in moderation (two drinks for men, one for women) cannot be ignored outright. Still, avoid if you care at all about efficiently building muscle mass. I will also defend caffeine to the death. If you use it responsibly, the accomplishments that you can obtain from the increase in energy and alertness can provide a boost in your quality of life that will provide positive health effects that far outweigh the risks. There's no logic in being an absolute chemical teetotaler. Don't be an idiot, don't use any substance that you haven't researched from credible sources, and don't use chemicals as a recreational source of entertainment. They are a tool when used properly, and a disease when abused.

I had a period that I was hanging with a dude that got fucked over by his connect so he beat his ass and took his supply. He had me try it, and it honestly wasn't even fun. Just made me talk a lot and really fast and I was like innately aware that I was high, but didn't feel particularly different aside from being extremely alert and full of energy. Thing is, I can't honestly say if I did it 5 or 6 times, it somewhere closer to 20. My whole memory of the time is inconsistent and fuzzy. I remember the conversations clearly but the general time frame was just over 3 weeks and the days blur together. Our supply ran out and I haven't done it since. It feels weird when I see people snorting lines in movies and shit now though, like I can taste that shit dripping down the back of my nose and touching the back of my tongue. The memory of what it tasted like is very strong, and it makes me uncomfortable.

Coke is the most overrated drug. Pathetic high, doesn’t last long, expensive, and generally used by an asshole crowd. I can honestly get a better up by slamming three Monster Zeros over a few minutes.

allow me to help you out
alcohol literally lowers your test, lowers muscle protein synthesis and stunts muscle growth, fucks your life expectancy and causes faster aging(due to higher oxidative stress)

>stop enjoying life guys REEEEEEEE
>theres only no drugs or ALL THE DRUGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>be autistic like me REEEEEEEEEEEE

ki... i mean happy new year man you do you!

Why is caffeine bad?

No drinking this year. I promise user

Attached: 1473875593359.jpg (480x640, 41K)

why is it that whenever I drink I literally cannot stop drinking
I will drink anything and everything until I collapse and cannot stop myself at all

>tfw whey protein powder has 15mg of caffeine
if this is the only caffeine i take, does this count as no caffeine?

one cup of coffee is supposed to have around 100mg

I would like to point out that caffeine is not a poisonous substance, and should t be mention as such, since Cocoa contains quite a lot of the substance and is very healthy for you.

Attached: OatsCocohemp.jpg (802x1015, 188K)

for some individuals known to cause
>anxiety
>sleep issues
>digestive issues
doesn't hurt to try living without it for a couple of weeks to see if it helps

Idk can you eat chocolate?

I could copy-pasta a long list of health benefits from coffee/caffeine but don't really think it'd contribute to the thread.

Rather, can OP or anyone explain why coffee/caffeine should be avoided? How is it even remotely being listed in the same breath as alcohol?

Alcohol is ultimately harmful for your body no matter the quantity ingested. Having two drinks every other month won't get you to your grave that much faster tho.
And I agree with the rest of your post. People can greatly benefit from caffeine like once a month, in that day that you're feeling a bit down or had a bad night's sleep, just don't abuse stuff.

absolutely 100% completely based

see have seen reports of people getting rid of their anxiety by cutting out caffeine

I'm from eastern-europe where drinking is pass time activity, so on occasions like new years (it's heavily celebrated in my country) it's almost impossible to avoid drinking provided you have a healthy social life.

Bollox to that, if I don't have a few drinks tonight to take the edge off, I'll probably fucking die

When your body encounters a poison it has two strategies. It can enter power saver mode and try to wait it out (people who get sloppy and pass out) or the opposite: pump you full of adrenaline, raise your heart rate and try to circulate it out faster (people who get hyperactive)
Some people genetically favour the latter so for them alcohol works as a stimulant as long as they keep ramping up their intoxication, so binge drinking becomes something that's very positively associated with reward (stimulation). For them alcohol is basically coke as far as their brain is concerned

you just went full broscience

Did I tho
Alcohol is anti-fit like stop drinking poison lmao just microdose shrooms nerd they literally grow on the ground xD

6 days no booze. Had 3 and half pints of strong beer last night. Alcohol is a meme I feel shit today. I'm gonna just not drink much this year. I wonder how many more gains I'll make sober?

Attached: BwfFMv6CAAAwPIJ.jpg (600x902, 125K)

>drink the most hard liquour during a spiritual bonding drinking session.
>no hangover
Drinking got me more intimate with friends and I learned few things about women. Truly a lifechanging and fun experience

Attached: 1532622499257.jpg (605x807, 94K)

Celebrated new years last night with gf and a few of her friends, no alcohol at all there. It's just nice not dealing with people getting sick, having a hangover the next day, and all the rest. I'm not saying I'll never drink alcohol again, but I'm certainly past my days of getting shitfaced. And other drugs are out of the question entirely.

>escape
Nigger i drink to be myself even more than I would be sober. I am not defined by my inhibitions.

I'm this user This may seem like a good idea bowm but hit 30 and drink at your computer at 2am browsing this site and you can go down a path that as introverts is so much more appealing but you end up with a narrow life

please help

the doctors want to put me back on klonopin

im considering fleeing the country and not telling anyone

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-01-14-37-06.png (720x1280, 647K)

Gave up on alcohol years ago, but cannot drop cigarettes/mouth fedora. What do Jow Forums?

Switch to cbd

AAAAAAAAAAAHHH

Attached: 4F9C4044-DB07-4B9B-A3A1-67262067B3C1.jpg (1959x1029, 173K)

Dude, just say "no thanks."
Ain't nobody gonna commit you for refusing benzos.

Fuck alcohol.
Replaced it with weed.
Still vaping like a faggot because it balances the weed nicely and I like the dopamine rush of nicotine by itself. Vaping because its much cheaper than cigs.

Thinking about dropping coffee, far from addicted as I usually have one a day and sometimes skip but it kind of makes my stomach uncomfortable and I want to see if there are benefits to dropping it. I'm uncertain about this because studies also show better health in coffee drinkers and higher T in men who drink it.

But with those contradictations, I feel like I kind of live my life like what you mention, "not reveling in hedonistic debauchery". Weed is a weird drug, it can be used to take a step back and act wisely/prudentely and even have a discipline of steel. Depends on what you set your mind to, and weed can amplify it. Steals lung gains though, but I have better cardio now than I had living sober so you can definitely make up with exercise. I mostly use them because I live alone and I'm lonely. But yeah alcohol is the worst, you have to seek chaos to want it which tells something about the state of these persons. Though some people just do it out of social influence.

Shit I fucked up the word contradictions.

What is moderate consumption

Got drunk and did coke all night like a man

like a sheep you meant

I'm struggling with this right now. So hard to escape the urge once drunk

Nope a man

>no friends, loser shut in

>rarely drink much alcohol because lightweight and getting drunk leads to vomiting and next day hangover
>don't smoke weed even living in weed capital california because even though i like the feeling of being high i just dont really like doing it
>never drink coffee or other caffeinated drinks

welp

>i like the feeling of being high i just dont really like doing it

Attached: waht.png (428x343, 15K)

thats bullshit but I believe it

i dunno man...i think im just too cheap to buy weed and sitting there smoking a pre-rolled thing from a dispensary alone coughing makes me feel even more like a loser

If you don't abuse caffeine then I seriously doubt you work and lift. I get up at 1am, to be at work at 2am until 10am, with my first college class starting at 12pm and my last class ending at 4pm. I'm in the gym at 5pm leave around 7pm and try to be in bed at 8pm.
>1 cuppa caff
>1 energy brand energy drink
>1 half scoop pre-workout
Weigh 180lbs, 16% bodyfat, hit 1/2/3/4 in under a year and a half of this schedule.

Attached: 1545927508468.gif (320x212, 784K)

>Not smoking weed so you can bulk easier
Not gonna make it

>Woke up at 4 today (eurofag, 10pm here now
>been puking yellow/green bile all day
>cant keep anything down, not even water
>didnt even get laid last night

I never thought I would say this, but I'm too fucking old too drink. Gonna try to be sober for a while at least. Any tips, or is it literally just dont buy alcohol???

Had to stop drinking last year - health was getting out of control. Been taking Milk Thistle supplement for 6 months now and things are getting better. I drink a lot of club soda when I'm out so it at least looks like I have a drink in my hand.

Attached: alcohol-abuse.jpg (415x480, 140K)

I got a nasty hangover after blacking out drunk. Spent the whole day vomiting hard. Never touching a drop again, it's not worth it bros.

Can I still take prescribed Adderall tho

I did drink last night OP and feel bad today. I'll drink less in 2019 for you and for myself

>just don't buy any
It's that
Also, this.
Hungover today so I'm going to take a few puffs and banish my nausea
Drinking isn't worth it boys

Attached: numerouno.jpg (446x520, 68K)

hard liquor almost every weekend

someone save me

Attached: bleach-blonde-curtains-377x566.jpg (377x566, 23K)

>implying discipline+caffeine doesn't equal productive hyperdrive.

Are you doing sober 2019 too?

You could wait till it creeps into your week or you can give it up now and just drink occasionally and randomly

Sorry. Don't do it to yourself again. I didn't drink last night and everyone was upset but now they are all hungover and useless today while i'm out jogging and living my life.

This.

just cause you dont have friends to go out with doesnt mean we have

I only drink it in weekends with no sugar