Cold showers

What is the best way to take a cold shower.
I shower for about 8 minutes in hot water to wash my hair and body and then for 3 minutes I gradually turn down the heat until it ia fukky closed.

Is this enough to raise testosterone levels?

Attached: IWk86Vu_d.jpg (527x612, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thebroscientist.com/bullshit-cold-showers-youve-told-far/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206434/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3956230
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just shower cold from the start

I feel better when going directly into the coldest water. No excuses, just go directly into the pain.

However I'm not a fan of cold showers in general and prefer to take ice baths 2-3x a week.

This

Its best to do the whole thing cold. Certainly feel it more and its more invigorating. I often find I'm cold and itchy all over for 20-30 minutes afterwards though so I generally have a regular shower and then turn the temperature right down to ice cold and shock myself for a minute or so at the end

>What is the best way to take a cold shower.
You DON'T.

Read this:
thebroscientist.com/bullshit-cold-showers-youve-told-far/

It's a troll-meme. They just want you to be miserable, or maybe get a laugh at your expense when you're sick all winter because you're cold constantly. Doesn't really have any verifiable benefits. Don't bother yourself, OP.

Want to raise your testosterone?
LIFT
EAT
SLEEP
REPEAT

Simple as that.

I go straight from the hot soapy wash to get clean to full cold... go straight to it man and rinse in full cold all over a few times.... it never gets easier but you eventually gain the ability to do it daily wityhout pussing out

currently sitting in my underwear with the sliding glass doors wide open and the heat set to 64 ... outside its 45 in New Hampshire where it snowed last night..

Attached: 14_Avanto_ML.jpg (900x601, 116K)

>thebroscientist

You do realize what “broscience” means right?

Literally just man up. Not everyone is strong enough. If you're some kind of nigger then its probably gonna be even harder. Turn the water to max cold, take a deep breath, hold and enter the water. Jumping and dancing might also help at first.

t. Showered in exclusively max cold water every morning for a full year

Attached: 1546027788167.jpg (500x497, 54K)

did you bother reading that? or did you just stop there based on your bias?

My secret for cold showers is that I prepare my body as if I'm going into a fight, I start jumping around and punching... This heats me up and I just go under the stream of cold water and keep jumping and punching until it feels warm

Sounds like comfy Southern NH.

(YOU'LL SURRENDER)
NO MORE PAIN
(INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL!)
start your showers cold and finish them cold

Attached: 1545259328508.jpg (1079x845, 287K)

>keep jumping and punching until it feels warm
I can only imagine this shit

Attached: images(3).jpg (229x220, 8K)

Chads takes a BOILING HOT shower while YOU suffer in ICE COLD water like a true INCEL thinking it will somehow improve your appearance despite cold exposure being shown to decrease Testosterone.

>Total testosterone, adenocorticotropin and cortisol were greater in NT vs. COLD
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206434/
(in humans)

>serum testosterone levels were also lowest in blind cold-exposed rats.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3956230

Cute way of promoting your shitty site. If only the writing style wasn't unbearable, with half of the 'proof' abstracts having nothing to do with actual fast cold showers in the morning.

3/10, atleast you tried.

>thebroscientist.com/bullshit-cold-showers-youve-told-far/

So some of the claims expressed by amatuer bro-scientist lack science in foundation .... who cares ? Do you feel refreshed when getting out of a cold shower? I do and that's all I care to know. I am not looking at them for anything more than the invigoration and possibly helping trigger fat burning ... if you don't need to burn fat good for you. I do. and cold thermogenesis is a proven method for fat burning.

Fair enough. Only real benefit is the fat loss, the others are memes/frauds and if you actually search all the negative effects of Adrenaline which is triggered by cold showers I would argue that done over years this will accelerate aging and worsen your appearance. Wim Hof sure looks like shit for a guy that otherwise probably has a much healthier lifestyle than men of his age who eat like shit yet look younger.

>Wim Hof sure looks like shit
I have to say i have alwasy wondered about this... if you think about food lasting longer in the refrigerator as a basis for thinmking this works maybe you need to do a little more thinking... maybe it does boost white blood cell count to help keep from getting sick but if it is wearing you out in the process maybe just be a bit more aware or your surroundings and wash your hands frequently and up your vitamin C... there is still something to be said for being able to endure a state that is intolerable to most others. a sort of a sense of victory.

Attached: wim-hof-method-iceman1.jpg (604x162, 118K)

>Do you feel refreshed when getting out of a cold shower
Do you not feel refreshed when getting out of a hot shower?

>when getting out of a hot shower
No not at all i feel like going to sleep usually..lethargic.

Sup NHbro? How is the new year going to be for you?

5 days a week, 2 minute straight cold rinse, but twice a week start hot and use soap and shampoo, still finish cold

All Queit on the Hillsboro county front

about to head for the Whole Foods in Nashua for some grub.. hoping the rest of this Winter is as snow free down here at least as its been so far..

Attached: 12828510_1650423701891361_6957144926042435363_o.jpg (2048x441, 580K)