Jow Forums eternally BTFO

>heavier loading is often recommended as the optimal way to maximize muscle hypertrophy with resistance training. However, there is very little empirical evidence to support this supposition and it is unclear as to the physiological mechanisms by which heavier training loads would provide a signal for greater muscle hypertrophy compared with, for example, a lighter load lifted to the point of fatigue
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404827/

I don't know why anyone listens to the dadscience people spout here.

Attached: IMG_4350.jpg (623x383, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medrevise.co.uk/blog/2011/medical-evidence-on-wiping-your-bum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kike nigger pls kys and go

Well yeah, volume is what defines muscle hypertrophy and weight is just one part of that.

Volume = weight x sets x reps x time

Epic post

How will i ever recover

Is this real? Have i been wasting my time counting plates?

What's the point to lift if you can't even push yourself to do it a little heavier every single time.

Attached: doggy.jpg (795x645, 92K)

if you got to a level where the time you use to count the plates you load is long enough to be considered wasted or not then you know the answer to your question

This, it's a balance. Personally with compounds i like 3x8, except squats i hate anything more than 3x5. Accessories i usually do 3x10.

I didn't literally mean that fraction of time you absolute imbecile

>going to failure with 80% 1RM

Who advocates this? Nice strawman, OP.

but who will buy all the plates and gym memberships if you could simply increase repetitions!

>I fucking love science look at this study done by science man about science
stfu and lift nerd

Show me a study that says i should lift

>show me a study telling me how to wipe my ass
This is why atheists have low birth rates

How is this news? High volume for hypertrophy, high load for strength.

Christcuck btfo

medrevise.co.uk/blog/2011/medical-evidence-on-wiping-your-bum/

So you’re saying that exercise science is slow? Tell us something we don’t know

Most anecdotal evidence from coaches and bodybuilders is more useful than exercise science currently (for building up a general picture of what you should do for strength/hypertrophy)

this article is right you know ? I just take my waterbottle while watching netflix and do bench press to the point of fatigue. my chest is as big as anybody who benches 3pl8 and destroys his shoulders in the process kek

it's always fucking dyels that post and read ncbi or other "scientific" articles about muscles and fitness.
gaining muscle or strength takes a lot of time and there isn't an obscure scientific way to gain muscle fast, if it works for everyone it's right.
remember that the human body is made to be able to accommodate and adapt to everything under it's physical limitings because we are originated from the wild that won't wait for you to do some fucking boulder jumps and burpees that ncbi told you to do

>people actually need a university study telling them how to wipe their ass.

My 'ceps exploded after I start doing 4x20 of curls
Wtf?

Yes, and it’s hard to get to England from New York in a row boat.

VOLUME determines gains and volume =
Reps x Weight / Time

As you can see, their are three ways to increase volume:

- More Weight
- More Reps
- Less Time (higher frequency of workouts)

More Reps eventually leads to higher injury risk.

Higher frequency can take more time out of your schedule.

More weight also has injury risk, but it takes longer to get to truely risky weights because you have to be able to lift them first (any idiot can rep out one pound a thousand times, but it takes a special kind of idiot to think that they can rep 500 lbs once without training).

Attached: 9F966C55-96C0-46C3-BC95-0045AEFE7A73.jpg (628x787, 53K)

I thought this was obvious?
Go to the gym and look at the lifters. The boomers who care about strength and look like shit are out there benching 3plates and up, meanwhile the aesthetic zoomers and millenials barely bench a plate.

Have you got any evidence that higher reps lead to injury? It seems much less likely that you will suffer injury using lower weights. Ligaments and tendons have a load bearing limit - like a cable. You can use a cable with a 10 ton capacity to lift a one ton load a thousand times without breaking it. But try to lift an eleven ton load and see what happens. Yes, your tendons and ligaments will increase their load bearing capacity BUT you can't know what it is at any given time. That's how people tear their shit up. Do you know anyone who has torn anything doing high reps with lower weights?

> Aesthetic
> Zoomers

Pick one, twink

5/3/1 and stfu. This is the dumbest shit ever.

Watch some Kai Greene videos, he often lifts with relatively light weight + really strict form.
>be neo-Nazi
>be retarded

Attached: kai greene.jpg (1666x2048, 314K)

Nice try

Attached: Screenshot_20190102-092945_Firefox.jpg (1440x2960, 435K)

>unilateral knee extensions
>untrained individuals

If you don’t like lifting heavy, don’t lift heavy. But let’s not pretend this paper is a slam dunk in favor of training with 30% of your 1RM. Fucking unilateral knee extensions, the absolute state of this board.