/fat/ - YOU CAN LOOK OKAY-ISH FOR SUMMER IF YOU START NOW EDITION

>Who is /fat/ for?
For roly-poly roundbois who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: hatfireworks.jpg (946x800, 90K)

Do your best this year, everyone.
Do you have a solid goal in mind?

Just trying to take off ten pounds I put on last year. I lost 75lbs a few years back and I see it creeping back on.

Yes, lose 60 pounds from now until June

66 lbs by the end of the year.

Need to lose 48 more lbs. Would like to have visible abs but I dunno how feasible that is until I lose more weight.

The Heavenly Father asks you to CONFESS

Attached: tjukfkiflo.png (261x313, 13K)

That's a lot for six months. How big are you, and what's your plan?

Easily doable. I lost over 100lbs since April

How to get rid of love handles?
My abs show but they linger.

At least 50 pounds this year at minimum, going to try for 70 - 80 hopefully
I’m over 350 so shouldn’t be too hard as long as I stick to the plan and changes I’m making

I'm 230 and 5 7, plan on not eating forever.

>all these resolutionfags trying to lose "90 pounds in 3 weekS!!"
why are obese people so impatient? you faggots will never make it past the first month of your NYR.

The current plan is to reach 190-200lbs by the end of the semester then try to bulk up muscle from there

yep, lose 20kg by march. I already did it before from Aug2014-Oct2014 so I know it's possible. Doing the same diet and everything from 2014, hope it works again.

102 kg 170 cm here, have lost 8 kg since october dieting, goal is to get to 70 kg asap this year. Any recommendations besides the obvious ones like don't drink soda and do cardio?

CICO. Calculate your TDEE and eat less than that.

I'm assuming you're already CICOing so moving on, how much cardio are you doing? I'm the user above you and I do 1h every day, worked pretty well for me four years ago, but remember if you're gonna do it this frequently, you need to stretch and warm up properly or your legs are gonna hurt the next day.

I did 1 hour yesterday, not used to daily cardio. Want to try hitting up the gym to gain some muscle as I lose weight

I would say my goal is to lose the sedentary guy that I have accrued from having a sedentary lifestyle and a desk job. I used to build trails and I would exercise regularly. I'm 6'3 and 295 so I know the weight will come off easy. My plans are to cut out sugar and exercise 4 times a week.

Attached: 1536063035409.jpg (1024x720, 56K)

lose 100 pounds

I ate a Cheesy Gordita Crunch for lunch after eating too much cheese beforehand. It's 1:15 and I only have 500 calories remaining.

I need to get this shit under control better.

No real goal. Just wanna lose some weight.

lose these last 15kgs, maybe go as far as 25 I'll see how I look but after that I'm going to start a lean bulk.

Having a solid, trackable goal will motivate you better. You can start with small goals like "I want to lose fifteen lbs" or "I want to excercise three days a week for a whole month without skipping a day".

I want to get down to ~15% body fat by may while hopefully not fucking up my lifts. I should be losing ~20 kg, already lost 2 since i started cutting seriously.
1kg per week, a simple enough goal. Tho i noticed lifting the same weight has already become harder.
I want to make my best friend proud. And hopefully pick up some chicks on the beach.

You're right. Having some goals will probably motivate one more.

Posted this in QTDDTOT, but maybe this is a better place.
I lift and run. Should I still use this TDEE? My current caloric goal from MyFitnessPal is 1900. I don't want to lose my muscle obviously, and would rather keep more of it than drop weight quickly. Should I eat more than 1900 on high intensity lifting/cardio days or just leave it at 1900?

Attached: IMG_2255.png (640x1136, 105K)

Leave it at 1900.

In 2013 i went from 225lbs to 160lbs and my life improved tremendously, girls approached me for the first time, i gain a shitload of confidence, and people were generally much friendlier to me.

Over the last 5 years i got complacent and started getting fat again, slowly. Mid 2018 November i had hit 210 again. I had starting cutting around that time back in 2013 and wanted to go back to 160 golden age so i started cutting again. Today i weighed in at 192. Feeling better already wont stop till i'm 160 again

I'm 6'2" down from 230LB, this was at 200LB this week. How much more tonnage do I look like I need to lose brehs? Stick with it.

Attached: 20190102_135441.jpg (2312x3360, 2.78M)

Ten pounds or so.

I drank all the alcohol the past three days. Now there's no alcohol left. Gained three pounds.

LOL

Twenty pounds or so.

Lose 40 pounds til june. Already lost 70~ and im hoping to get back to losing more weight this year.

Are you lifting or just cutting? If you're not lifting you should do you don't just turn skelly
Good work so far, I'd say probably 20 pounds since you're kinda tall. Keep it up

The fuck, I'm the same height but 170 and look fatter than you. In fact you're only 15lbs lighter than I was when I first started and was fucking gross

>Do you have a solid goal in mind?
1/2/3/4 before the end of year while also losing another ~90lb.

I've been cheating for about 3 weeks now, gained 3 pounds. The cookies are gone now and so are the chips. All I have left is about 1500 calories of chocolate and then I'll be going back on my diet. Hoping some of the weight I gained is just water and it will disappear when I get back to normal eating.

I ate whatever I wanted over the holiday season, but I stuck to only drinking water. In the past I drank a lot of pop on the holidays, so I bet I saved myself 1-2 pounds just by sticking to water.

My goal is to get to 180. I'm 208 now, so if I can stick to 1 lb/week, I should be there by mid-July.

I quit coming to Jow Forums a couple months ago, but I wanted to see how my fellow fatties were handling the holidays.

How the fuck to do keto? Like, how many carbs can I eat?
I heard 5% carbs, but that like 15g for me. I can't even eat vegetables with just that.

Do yourself a favor. Go get that chocolate and toss it in the trash can outside.

I fucked up guys. Any way to salvage this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190102-141652__01.jpg (1080x1132, 124K)

Just eat 330 calories less the next 2 days.
It's the average over a long time which makes the difference, not a single event.

Today you need to get some extra exercise. You could probably burn 250-300 calories of that off.

Wow, I've never thought about that before. Thanks for the insight.

I guess I'll be biking for an hour tonight then, oof.

One day of fucking up won't make you fat just like one day of dieting doesn't make you thin

I'm using my fitness pal for calories sometimes I dont eat much in a day and it tells me I should eat more should I say fuck it and starve myself or follow that

Literally just eat 660 less calories tomorrow you stupid fat fuck.

As long as you are hitting your protein goal it doesn't matter.

So about 15lbs then averaging. Hell yea. Thanks guys.

Yea I lift a little. SL 5x5 currently at SQ 155, BP 125, Row 105, OHP 85, and DL 155 and a 7 minute mile. Thanks bud I'll keep at it. Do you think I can go for 1lb/week loss?

I've yoyo'd a lot. At 230 I was lifting double but I was a real chubster. Over a year I went cardio nuts and lost a lot of fat and muscle. Now I've decided I'm done with the yoyo shit and going to cut while lifting. I'm going for gold here. No cheat days.

What does protein have to do with it

After years of negleting my health I set my goal of losing 50 pounds.

is tennis a good weight loss sport?

Do you want loose skin?

If you want a busted knee yeah.

I'm not that fat

I crave a Wendy’s frosty

guess I'll stick to running and look for a gym routine

That's 100 more calories than a big mac.

tfw 6'0 164 lb and still skinny fat, HOW MUCH MORE. it's mostly belly and chest fat now, I'm hoping 150lb will be enough. anyone else 6'0 and previously obese? how low did you have to go to escape skinny fat, i'd rather be skelly mode than skinny fat desu

no you're forever fucked, no recovering from that

Bros, how do I get 6-7 hours of sleep
and go to bed at the same time everyday if I'm a wagey whose shifts vary wildly in start time? For example, I work from 5:30am tomorrow to 2pm, and the next day from 5pm to 10pm.

5'11" and 158lbs here, fucking STILL skinny fat

Get another job

waking up at 3am for a 4am job fucked me up so bad, i used to be very fit but the depression from doing this daily almost killed me. Get another job man

Losing 8kg since October sounds pretty good. Keep doing what youre doing, keep recalculating your tdee

>had lost weight last year in between schooling. Was really proud of myself.
>school starts back up and I slowly gain it back, in part thanks to my brother.
>dude keeps cucking me

>new year
>trying to get back into the saddle
>brother cucks me again and we pig out

I’m not gonna fucking make it. I hate this fuckibg man. He cheats by literally starving himself instead of fasting, so he can just afford to eat like shit

Attached: C1663100-6488-431D-94EC-207DA20BDBB8.gif (381x512, 536K)

10%bmi by December 23 from 260 lbs

Don't blame your own shortcomings on other people, take control of your own life and stop cucking yourself. You need discipline my dude.

When I was in high school I was 360 and 5’10” and got down to 220 to enlist. I got out and now I’m back up to 350, but I’m now 6’2” and I’ve got a lot more muscle, but I’m getting stretch marks and I’m getting really low about it. Just want to get back down to 220 to start.

Hey, I'm looking for brotein powder to start my lifting regimen with. What brands/kinds do you recommend? I'm pretty poor, too, so the best for a budget would be very much appreciated.

From what I’ve been told, just find the highest protein content with the lowest amount of calories and sugars. It might taste like shit but it’s better for you.

myprotein.com Get casein instead of whey on a cut. It digests slower so you feel more full.

>Do you think I can go for 1lb/week loss?
Repeating this question. Myfitnesspal gives .5lbs/week and 1lb/week losses. Is 1lb/week safe for keeping muscle mass?

You might die. Seriously though it's fine.

>finally went to a nutriologist
>98 kg at 1.80
This is how this journey starts
Hitting the gym tomorrow morning

Attached: 1545664651604.jpg (761x563, 60K)

Lose 44 lbs by the end of this year

lose 22 lbs by the end of august

I've lost 70lbs but I just binged. I'm still gonna make it though I'm getting right back on the diet.

Fucking lift already.

Posting here because I just need to type this out, even if nobody sees it - though I figure this is my best bet of somebody seeing it and caring about it.

I've battled with my weight since I was 7 years old. Since I've been 18 I've weighed anywhere from 220 pounds to my disgusting new high score, 282 pounds as of yesterday. I'm 27yo, 5'11", and this past year I finally started having some health issues that I wasn't sure of the cause.

My whole life I've never had any chronic issues or anything. Doctors have always told me "Hey you need to lose weight and your blood pressure is a little high but otherwise everything is fine". I took this for granted, perhaps. This past year, my feet have started hurting; I am on my feet over 50% of the day, and while a change of shoes helped, it finally hit me this winter that my feet hurt because I am fucking fat, or at least because of how long I have been fat. I also am having erection problems, and after a doctor visit, I am convinced my diet and weight are finally getting in the way.

In 2018 I lost my job and got cheated on, and subsequently broke it off with my gf of 3 years. I had to move back in with my dad. I felt so fucking low. I quit trying to lost weight. I ate like absolute shit every day. If I had any inclination toward alcohol, I probably would have been drunk through all of June.

Now here I am, back in the saddle again. I fucked up but I will go another round. On Christmas I decided I had had enough of this shit. Come January 1st, I would try again. My goal is to hit 200 pounds in exactly 1 year. Having given myself lofty goals in the past, I wanted to make one this time I knew I could hit. 82 pounds in 12 months should be easy, I just need to stay CONSISTENT.

Idk how active /fat/ is but I really don't have anyone else I can talk to about this change I'm making, so I'm going to just keep coming back here. I can't do this entirely alone. I never want to be that low again, guys.

Attached: 1333652401003.jpg (406x500, 42K)

303 lbs today
Down 17 lbs, 320lbs at start
Started December 16th

Feelsgoodman. Only 153 lbs to go. Lul

The important thing is perseverance.
You're the one who decides if you make it or not

Hey, ex /fatty/ who made it down to goal weight and is currently recomping/gaining muscle, just wants to let you know that every single one of you is gonna make it.

Except the new years resolution people.

>Do you have a solid goal in mind?

Currently sitting at 200 burger units, trying to hit 150 (give or take) by the end of June. Wish me luck boys.

Attached: shiteatingrin.jpg (480x606, 44K)

I learned this the hard way. I'm not going to pin my goals in accordance with anybody else again. Other than here, I'm not telling anybody anything or saying anything about it.

asked a girl for dinner today, she declined, told me shes only interested in friendship.

ate two pizza and some chocolate to distract myself. im probably never gonna make it.

Next goal is 175. Then I'm off scale numbers as goals and checking my body fat percentage more as goals.

>Except the new years resolution people

Based. If you aren't motivated to make it every day of every year- you will never make it.

Attached: ylyl8.jpg (1638x2048, 405K)

She's probably not interested because you're the kind of guy who has to eat pizza and chocolate when he gets turned down. Fix that. You can still make it.

I'm on a budget too, so I use what I think is the Wal-Mart brand "Equate". It's 16ish bucks for a big container and 30g of protein per serving for 150ish calories depending on the flavor. I add peanut butter powder to make the vanilla flavor more palatable and add more protien.

How big are you?

6`3 and 240 lbs.

mlady

>6'0, 193lbs down from 206 last month. Started lifting two weeks ago.
Is hitting the gym 3 times a week a good place to start? And how much weight should I need to lose to look decent?

Attached: iEQIYY9[1].jpg (654x874, 67K)

Every body is different. Focus on getting down to a healthy BMI first then see how your weight is distributed.
Gym three times a week is a great starting point. It's enough to make early gains and not so much that it will burn you out. Stick to it without skipping days.

I'm 6'1 189lbs. I'm aiming for about ~170lbs.

3 times per week is fine if you keep track of what you eat. I had a period when i did 6 times per week (when I was about 210), which goes faster (and where you dont have to feel too bad about enjoying yourself every so often

You are already perfect, user. Don't change a thing.

Also, a GREAT thing for yourself is to keep off Jow Forums. I had a period where I started developing orthorexia because of how fucking autistic some people are here with fitness.

What should I put in for my macros in MyFitnessPal? Should I only worry about calories for the time being? And the daily expenditure tracker is telling me I expend over 3k calories a day. That can’t be right, can it?

Attached: D60039B9-4986-44CF-A264-514477371C07.png (750x1334, 559K)

>struggle to motivate myself to exercise
>feel like shit during exercise, usually end up puking afterwards
>feel like shit all day afterwards

Why do I still do this

I felt better before I started trying to get fit