Is bench press a meme exercise for grapplers?

Is bench press a meme exercise for grapplers?

Prove to me that dips and pushups are not the superior chest exercises for grapplers.

Attached: image_7.img[1].jpg (600x1000, 298K)

get in my guard bro

Attached: Ji5GbCZ.gif (320x180, 649K)

nah bro Im sweet

Imagine if top got his dick out haha and made the guy on the floor suck it. Imagine haha

Its a meme when it fucks your left shoulder and stops you wrestling for a year (tho the wrestling was the actual final straw in the end) in my case.

You're not special for grappling. Stop being gay and stick to a program if you don't want to bench then don't bench. No one cares.

>imagined
>disgusting
Thx for helping my nofap

Faggot

Attached: 1546937635110.png (990x1265, 302K)

no u

It’s the most useless of the big three. Most grapplers have no pecs to speak of.

BENCH. PRESS. IS. KING

is there any particular move i should add for better grappling? i was thinking hip thrusts etc

>stomp on his face
problem solved

Close grip bench is superior for fighting, both grappling and striking

No you fucking idiot. It makes your chest, shoulders, and triceps stronger.

>can barely bench 2 plate
>can somehow rep 100lb dumbbells for bench

Is something wrong with me?

Not that important if you're already doing dips and pushups, and your pecs are probably tight enough as it is. You should be doing rows, rows and more ROWS. Also facepulls and rotator cuff work.

Yea your ROM with dumbbells is shit

my elbows go 90 degrees on dumbbells. I started at 60lb dumbbell bench so it's taken me a long time to get to 100lbs so I'm at least 88% sure my form is pretty good.

same with dips tho

my guess is form
are you moving the bar from over your nipples to over your eyes?

When 2 plate bench was my 1rm I could easily do 200 lbs bench for reps too so I don't see anything strange here.

How do you get out of this? In a street fight and an official match. Can you or are you just fucked? Pic unrelated

Attached: blam.gif (500x275, 622K)

>90 degrees
as said, rom is shit

Yea that is shit rom

100 lb dumbbells is significantly more difficult than 200lb barbell bench

it's the easiest thing to get out of of all the positions.
When your caught in side control you're really stuck

Hook an arm and a leg and bridge. But most likely you're fucked, it's a dominant position for a reason.

Attached: Upa-Bridge.jpg (1024x576, 361K)

Relatively easy, not actually but, it has a counter.

Usually knees up pull them forward tire them out, they'll go to swing. Pull/Push stabilizing arm out, go for the headlock.

With knees up on them (their ass) roll and you're up or sideways.

Use centre of gravity, against their downward weight. In a way, stamina on both ends very important.

That's a really generic statement with many caveats. If you spend no time flat benching and only db bench your db bench will be a lot closer to your flat bench 1rm than someone who never ever db benches. When I never db benched my db 1rm was 180 lbs first try when my barbell bench 1rm was 2plate. It also just varies a lot person to person but proficiency plays a big part.

True

t. purple belt that is still working on submissions from mount

I can't, but I guess someone who can bench 300 pounds might be an ok grappler.

It's easier in bjj because you can just hang out and not worry about getting punched in the face. Especially in nogi when it's sweaty, just wait for them to try some shit and slip out.

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

RAW

>PHYSICAL

STRENGTH

>causing shoulder problems going past the bench

lol yeah I ain't fucking with that

Developing large breasts and proving how strong you are while lying on your back is pointless

Weak small breasted man detected

>BJJ competition.
>special rules means no face stomping. allows for moronic shit like that.
personal response: grab ankle and toss the fucker out of the ring. of course that just might be a strong guy answer. one might also twist the ankle so that you can guide him out instead.

>deads, bench, squat, ohp and rows
>accessory lifts
>olympic lifts for explosiveness
>can't forget the neck too
>rotational strength training
>grip and forearm training
First 4 is what we did in high school wrestling. Grip training helped my GI BJJ a lot
either rolls with people that don't lift or never wrestled. not sure

Squats and deads are absolutely more important in wrestling than bench though

This guy is right. I'm also a wrestler and this summarizes what we do for strength. Squatting and Deadlifting are more important, but benching is too. There's a lot of pushing involved in wrestling and it definitely helps to have strong pecs and triceps. Can't speak for other martial arts, but if you're a wrestler, every muscle should be strong. The best way to do that is doing all of your heavy compounds.

Put your hands on their hips and push them left/right, while also rolling a bit into that direction.

You're going to want to build a strong core and a strong posterior chain. A strong back is useful as well.

Deadlifts, RDLs, Squats, Barbell Row. Hip thrusts are a great accessory.

Wrap a towel around pull-up bar and hang on as long as possible

Are you allowed to crush people's limbs with your grip in bjj or wrestling? Or even judo?

Easiest out of all positions to escape, side control on the other hand :/

1. That's impossible. Bone is way too strong for that to happen. Even if you just meant crushing the soft tissue, your grip is nowhere near strong enough
2. Every wrestler knows how to peel someone's hand off, even a person with a very strong grip. We're pretty good at it
3. Even if they don't peel your hand off, you're now vulnerable to attacks and you've brought yourself within attacking range.
There's no way to say if that's allowed or not because it's impossible. It's like saying am I allowed to kill my opponent with laser vision.

Listen to

Vertical press is better than horizontal press for everyone who isn't a bodybuilders or powerlifters.
Just do dips, and incline presses for 'functional fitness'

You are watching too much anime

Attached: 1540566805864.jpg (406x454, 80K)

From my experience it CAN be easy to escape. but if the guy knows what hes doing it can be a pain in the ass to get out of it. You fucked up being in that position in the first place.

In sport judo, put your hands on hips and 'shrimp' (bridge to one side and push the guys away) to create space and try trap a leg or go face down to create a stall.

In regular grappling, shirmp and trap and leg or get an underhook and then move your hips out and stand up.