Do you floss your teeth every day, Jow Forums? Dental hygiene is extremely important to your overall health and fitness

Do you floss your teeth every day, Jow Forums? Dental hygiene is extremely important to your overall health and fitness.

Attached: file.png (560x1100, 524K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Apagard-Premio-toothpaste-nanohydroxyapatite-remineralizing/dp/B0016GCZSC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dental hygiene is incredibly important, and not enough people take it seriously. I've never had a cavity in my life. Neither did my father, or my grandfather. This might just be lucky genetics, but I remember that in middle school and high school, nearly everyone else I knew had at least a couple fillings. I blame the following:
>Too much sugar. Especially in children's food. It's a big problem that people aren't aware of.
>Not brushing teeth. If you ask, an alarmingly large number of people confess to skipping the toothbrush occasionally.
>Incorrect form when brushing teeth. If you see the average person brush their teeth, they don't take enough time and they don't only do the sides. You need to get the caps of the teeth but people only do the sides.
In the future, maybe we can coat our teeth in a perfect transparent sealant, and surpass nature's craftsmanship. Until then, you need to take care of your teeth.

Fuck that. I'm waiting for the stem cell grown teeth

This nigga’s got bigger issues than just not flossing. That’s the maw of a mouthbreathing, snack-pounding, Mountain Dew-swilling neckbeard that doesn’t brush his teeth at all unless mom-mom threatens to take his Nintendo away.

I used to drink a bottle of soda every day, eat snacks all the time, never flossed, and only brushed once a day. I did do GOMAD, but I hear that might not actually be good for your teeth. My teeth are yellow and crooked, but only had a very small cavity when I was like 12.

Pretty sure those teeth are post dentist drilling and not yet filled. Maybe I'm wrong though. That dude does down wicked amounts of candy though.

what?

Hes hoping that stem cells research will allow him to regrow rotten teeth.

no amount of flossing and brushing will save you once the sugar is in your blood

>tfw have 'soft teeth'
>have to use special toothpaste
>have almost 20 metal fillings
>never eat or drink junk
luckily theyre not really visible god help me if I stroll past an electromagnet

I sometimes forget to brush. I don't have bad teeth. I don't have bad teeth because I never let it get so bad I have permanat damage. I have one spot that I forgot to scrub clean on one and it stained it white. Its very very annoying and I made sure to at least pick my teeth clean. Most homeless guys don't have a tooth brush by they pick teeth.

Try borax lmao

I brush 2x a day and floss every other day. You don't need to floss everyday but it's important and you'll smell like shit in your mouth if you don't.

Floss whenever you need to shave like I do so you don't have to do it everyday but that'll be a stable reminder for you.

Recently dropped 3k for the same reasons.
Take care of your teeth guys

Does anyone have any experience with this toothpaste? Its Japanese, highly rated, reminerlizing, doesn't use fluoride though, which I guess is more common there.

>not enough people take it seriously
Truth.
>If you ask an alarmingly large number of people confess to skipping the toothbrush occasionally
Id never publicly admit it, but any idiot would know this by looking in my mouth. This is no longer the case and now I brush twice, sometimes three times a day and floss/mouthwash at night. Recently I've stopped the mouthwash because someone mentioned its actually worse to use this, but I'm not sure. But the damage has been done. I went weeks at a time without brushing for literal years. Id rinse with some mouthwash sometimes, brush when I felt like I'd strive for self improvement for a day then fall right back into it again. I was worthless shit about this.
Fast forward, I'm now in my late twenties. I'm missing 2 teeth, and a 3rd is barely still hanging on. Its loose and I feel like biting something the wrong way is going to basically push it over the edge. It terrifies me because I feel like once thats gone my jaw is going to sit really fucked.
I never had much money, and never had a job that offered dental until recently. My insurance for dental just kicked in as of this month. I moved in with my parents specifically to save money to fix this issue without much other monetary responsibilities. I told them I was in a financial bind and that I needed time to save up money, so even they don't really know. I'm searching for a dentist who can help me with implants, but I feel so inept and now completely terrified of the dentist that I'm not really sure where to start.
The ONLY positive thing in this shit is that all this visible damage is in the back of my mouth. Not a person around me knows whats going on with this or can even see it unless I opened up and showed them, which I never will. My smile looks normal, and thats the only good thing I can say.

Attached: Apagard.jpg (350x445, 48K)

dental hygiene is a meme entirely determined by your genetics

lol if you only eat meat there will be no food for bacteria to thrive.
Carnnies win again.

>there's no bacteria in meat
???

He's implying that the bacteria in your mouth (which thrive on carbohydrates) won't have any food and thus won't produce the acidic waste which is responsible for tooth decay ya bozo

60% genetics, 40% other factors

>studying dentistry
>friend asks if i can fix up his friend
>yeah sure
>fucking faggot has 8 healthy teeth out of 32, at age 20
dont be this guy

bacteria eat pretty much anything. if you cut out carbs, you'll just get an increase in protein/fat digesting bacteria

look at a komodo dragon's mouth. despite them being carnivores, their mouths are filled with dangerous bacteria

You're ignorant. There's bacteria that can only metabolize simple sugars (even a very specific type of simple sugar) , there's bacteria can metabolize oil and plastics, there's bacteria that can metabolize many different carbon sources and anything you can imagine. Bacteria is such a diverse domain you can't just talk about bacteria like that

Yes.
Morning:
>brush
>mouthwash
>in-between teeth brushpick
Night:
>brush
>floss
>mouthwash

No matter how big you become, if your teeth are disgusting no one will ever want to talk to you.

Yes. Also since getting into the fit lifestyle and cutting out shit ton of sugar from my diet, my teeth literally just stopped getting cavities. Sugar really is hella bad for teeth brehs.

Not strictly true. Bacteria cleave the sucrose in food to glucose and fructose. The fructose they ferment for energy. The glucose they metabolise to dextran (what plaque is primarily composed of). The process of converting glucose to dextran produces acid as a byproduct which degrades enamel. These are the bacteria responsible for tooth decay. There are indeed plenty of other bacteria in the that don't need carbohydrates to survive, but these aren't the ones causing much harm.

I have dental pain in my gums and its been happening for a year now. After the first time I experienced the pain, I started taking better care of my teeth but it was too late at that point. I still feel the pain almost every day. At one point, the pain was chronic for a good 10 days. It feels like an extreme version of the pain you feel when something really cold touches your teeth.

>Apagard

Mai nigga. I use this shit and within 2 weeks noticed a difference in my tooth enamel. They even got a bit whiter.

I still need to floss though.

Work on your reading comprehension skills. I didn't say all bacteria can eat everything.

If you starve the carb eating bacteria, it will just allow more room for protein/fat metabolizing bacteria.

Your nerves aint dead enough pussy

duh, 2 times a day. Who doesn't?

I really wish they were dead. I think I will have to wait at least 3 years before going to see a dentist. No dental insurance and no money.

why is dental hygeine very important for overall good health?

Attached: 14UUCyd.jpg (884x657, 206K)

Dentistry is a Jewish pseudo-science fake medicine scam just like Chiropractic and Psychiatry

Bullshit therapy and methodology, masking symptoms, no actual attention to the root of the problem, and big money to be made from almost zero work.

At least dentists gave me free toothbrushes as a kid when I was violently dragged into that hellhole by mom.

Just brush your teeth whenever you leave the house and floss once a month and you're ok

Attached: 1547148858439.png (757x871, 39K)

This is me. I can't eat steak anymore. The amount of force I have to use to chew the steak hurts my gums so bad. Take care of your teeth or you will end up having a hard time eating shit you like.

>flossing
Reminder that no one else outside of America does this. It's a total marketing ploy that you all buy into. Never flossed in my life and have never had a cavity.

Maybe you just have a weak ass mouth, steak made my jaw strong as fuck and I have am insane bite force now

0/10 bait

Attached: 1496176649038.jpg (500x469, 55K)

Going to try it then. Thanks for the reply mate.
I know many of my teeth are fucked, but I want to keep what I got as healthy as I can for as long as I can.

You are like a smoker. You say smoking is fine because you never had any sort of lung related issues until you get a lung related issue. But at the same time, nothing may happen to you at all. Doesn't mean flossing is not beneficial though.

Nice backpedaling

poorshit with no dental insurance.

>how to look for cheap treatment (i.e. dentistry students, etc)
>best toothpaste, mouthwash, etc?
>regular or electric toothbrush?

I know you can't grow your enamel back so why do so many product claim that shit?

>if you cut out carbs, you'll just get an increase in protein/fat digesting bacteria
>If you starve the carb eating bacteria, it will just allow more room for protein/fat metabolizing bacteria.
>backpedaling
Weak bait

Did you not read the part where I said no one outside of the US flosses? Are we all smokers then? Our dentists don't even recommend flossing. It's a product your culture has bought, just like circumcision and other quack practices in the States.

I FLOSS EVERYDAY. IF ONLY I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR LIFTING.

Attached: 1522105493089.jpg (460x676, 184K)

>Why is dental hygiene very important for overall good health
Poor dental hygiene will lead to infections in the gums, that can, in turn, lead to the infection spreading and blood poisoning.
Furthermore, as quite a lot of stuff will enter your body through your mouth, healthy saliva is what your body uses to kill off several types of bacteria, and fungus spores.
Lack of said quality saliva, combined with sores in your mouth...
images.google that shit if you want, I've had my share.
Also; poor dental hygiene can lead to tooth-aches which will make you grumpy, and possibly ruin your social life
>implying Jow Forums has that

Source:
>I had some of this shit, and talked to my Dentist about it.

meh I know a guy who eats candy all day and has never had a cavity. I brush and floss just as often and I've had a dozen

Literally no, you are a pussy and clearly need to eat more meat

Pic related is AMAZING. My dentist recommended it to me, because my teeth are pretty close togehter so it's difficult to floss in places without scrapping off the enamel (I never got braces or wisdom teeth removed).

Highly recommend.

Attached: WP-300-traveler-water-flosser-open-case.jpg (420x570, 20K)

Oil pulling, a cheap tooth brush, baking soda, and that toothpaste in japan that actually does repair and regrow enamel in your teeth.

What sort of situation are you in man? Age? Can you move back in with parents? I'm telling you right fucking now, you need to get your shit checked out and fixed. Even if it fucking hurts you physically and financially. I posted earlier, talking about missing 2 already and nearly a 3rd tooth now. My shit is fucked. The speed at which is happened completely blind sided me too. I knew I had some issues, but I too have/had no money and no dental insurance. I figured I could just deal with the pain. Eventually the pain did stop. But it was after the pain stopped that I got comfortable. I still didn't have money, but I was saving. I should have been acting. I should have just taken a hit, moved back in with parents, or gotten into some debt, because now I'm missing teeth, having issues eating, and I'm not even fucking thirty yet dude.

Not to mention just like this user said. >No matter how big you become, if your teeth are disgusting no one will ever want to talk to you.
And thats true. Thankfully mine is not visible in anyway unless I intentionally show people, but don't think I don't fear this every day. People do genuinely recoil at the sight of bad teeth, even if they do their best to hide it. I know I do, especially now that I have a weird hyperfocused attention to detail on peoples teeth since I'm so self-conscious about my own.

Attached: sadboi shinji.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

haha teeth? What?

Attached: leaf.jpg (250x185, 8K)

I don't floss because it always makes my gums bleed, I just brush properly so there's never any leftover food between them and that's it, only had a carie once but that was when I was dumb and didn't brush properly.

Look up the dental schools around you and inquire if they have low cost to free clinics. You need to get this remedied sooner than later even if it requires a full extraction of that tooth. If it’s an abscess it can create a cascade of other issues like sepsis. Another issue could be bone density in your jaw.

You have to keep flossing user. They should only bleed for the first few times.

>focuses on one point that has nothing to do with the argument
Did you not read the part where I said you are in denial? Maybe go after that

Call up the dental schools around you and ask for their clinics and or low cost to free clinics that help low income communities. Like the mobile vans

How do you know he hasn't had a cavity? Many people are not very open about that sort of thing.

Second this. Also the electric brushes

You need to floss more often. Every other day if not everyday. Make it habitual

i never flossed and i have tons of dental problems. your anecdotal evidence means nothing

Is it true that "pearly white" teeth isn't actually what healthy teeth are supposed to look like? I've heard that "off-white" is actually the case, or is that another (((lie)))?

How much would a full mouth reconstruction cost?
Like cletus thesisterfucker tier teeth to impossibly perfect teeth?

I am 28. I should just move back in with my parents for a while honestly. But I am also helping with medical costs for one of my family members so actually the whole family is somewhat suffering. I consider my family member's heart murmur more important than my dental issues.

This is an option but I used to volunteer at places like these and always found it a bit amateur-ish. I guess its better than suffering though.

Pretty sure thats true, but plenty of people do have very white healthy teeth.

Thousands. Cheaper getting removable dentures

Depends on the country brah. Cheap as fuck in south east asia though. Often have people going there on a holiday to get cosmetic surgeries done.

That's true. The bleached white look is natural to a small minority. You can have perfectly healthy slightly yellow teeth.

Of course stained teeth from nicotine/coffee/etc are a different matter.

I mean I didn't look in his mouth but I've known the guy for years, know his parents etc., even know how big his dingus is I really doubt he'd hide if he ever had a cavity

retard

>amateur-ish
It is because they’re getting good practice on the desperate and poor patients

where can I buy that in the EU?

This is me dude. We are in a very similar age. Mind me asking what sort of money you make / hourly rate? I figured its not salary as most salaried jobs have insurance you could get on.
Honestly man, you need that shit fixed asap. Don't be me. I'm being VERY optimistic when I'm pray to god 3 implants will be good enough and I can root canal the other 2. Don't go through that shit. I've been saving like a fiend because its also going to cost a fucking fortune, and honestly probably a heal time I don't even wanna think about.
>I consider my family member's heart murmur more important than my dental issues.
Thats a valid point. But something to keep in mind is you gotta help yourself too man. Server dental issues can cause more than an ugly face and issues eating tasty food. Infections, abscesses, etc can cause some issues in major ways that are actually quite dangerous. I consider myself extremely fucking lucky I haven't had any issues like that, because god fucking knows I really should have.
If you have a kind and willing family, I would seriously think about moving in with them if it helps you save a bunch of money. Open another savings account at your bank, and have a significant portion of your paycheck go into that account. Maybe what you were paying for rent in its entirety. That way your budget mostly stays the same, you can keep helping your family, etc. It will add up quickly. Also see if your bank has any other money savings options for you (credit cards with cash back, etc. Gotta be responsible about that shit though, and don't let the bank upsell you on shit that would end up not helping you after all)

Attached: Miserable.png (480x463, 410K)

People hide things. One of my friends, who I have known since I was a child, was doing cocaine every weekend and gambling while high. I never knew this until one of his coke buddies told me I didn't know my friend that well.

Its on Amazon in the US. I'd imagine its available on Amazon EU as well.
amazon.com/Apagard-Premio-toothpaste-nanohydroxyapatite-remineralizing/dp/B0016GCZSC

I brush twice, rinse twice, but floss only once a day since my gums are sensitive.

i've legitimately only flossed once in my life just to try it out

zero cavities, ZERO

I don't know man. I'm pretty close with a lot of my friends. I would lie my ass off about having the dental issues I absolutely do have if they ever asked me about them.

flossing is for gum health, not cavities

Any recommended routines for receded gums?

yeah, but they're shipping from japan... pretty expensive

Get an ultra soft bristle brush. Hold the brush between two fingers to force yourself to brush with minimal force.

floss and fast

Yeah its definitely an expensive paste compared to others you can get locally. I'm still giving it a try. I'm desperate for better dental health. Bought myself a an electric toothbrush too. One of those Sonicare ones from Phillips. Heard good things. Heres hoping.

You fucking fasting cultists should stay in your containment thread

gums are fine also :) in fact i never even think about them, they are great same as my teeth

lmao at flossfags

Will you trade me mouths?
And healthy lifestyle habit dedication?

>floss
>once a month
you mean once a day

okay, floss then eat 10 bars of milk chocolate
make sure to let the chocolate really seep into your gums before swallowing

well brah i have a really long tongue that can go slightly below chin and into each nostril, and i have a high level of saliva output

genetically don't have wisdom teeth either in my family, bow down salivalets

Attached: 1520006397161.jpg (228x221, 8K)

W A T E R P I K
eriesly, a friend fo mine had super soft gums but he could waterpik the gunk away. Even better, low settings on it conditioned his gums over time and he coudl work his way up to higher pressure and toughen them

If you don't have a waterpik and a bidet youre a savage and not going to make it.

How old are you?

>god help me if I stroll past an electromagnet
dental amalgam isn't magnetic, even being in an MRI wouldn't affect your fillings

Everyone should be doing the following things every DAY for dental health: brush, rinse, floss. Brushing and rinsing preferably twice per day, once in the morning and once before bed.

When flossing, get as deep into the gums as possible and pull up against the teeth. You're trying to free any lodged food in the gums and scrape soft plaque from the teeth.

Invest in an electric spin brush. It makes a huge difference and saves time and energy brushing. Your dentist will confirm it makes a difference on your next visit.

Listerine is the best brand of mouthwash. Others work but it's the best (no I'm not a shill).

Poor dental hygiene can cause stomach problems from excess bacteria going down the esophagus. Not flossing or brushing will guarantee bad breath.

Much of the health industry is a scam but dental generally is not. X-rays aren't needed every time but once a year is smart. The fluoride surface treatment is a meme and it shouldn't be in water. That said, daily habitual dental maintenance is a no brainer. It costs viritually nothing and can save you thousands in future healthcare expenses and quality of life.

.t someone who neglected their teeth, had multiple cavities and minor gingevitus. I used to brush once a day, never floss, never rinse and eat sweets before bed. Since changing my habits, stomach problems went away and i haven't had a cavity since.

The dentist will be able to tell you how fucked your gums are by doing a depth test.

Food only gets underneath the gums because you damaged them by flossing brainlet.

Wrong. Food gets in the gums by eating. Flossing doesn't damage your gums or tear them.

What about implants?

>tfw never cared about my teeth
>start dating a dentist who insists I do
>tell her I'll brush twice a day, floss, rinse if she sucks my dick every day
>she agrees

That's how she got me bros. I lucked out with genes though, as I've never had a cavity and on my last check up my dentist told me I'll have my teeth until I'm dead at the rate I'm going.

Anyone have experience between floss sticks and straight dental floss? Should I be using one over the other?

floss sticks aren't as maneuverable and you'll miss a lot of stuff. use the regular stuff. it's cheaper too