Just saw a pair of firefighters today, it was so cool how they rolled in with their full gear and fire-auto-mobiles

just saw a pair of firefighters today, it was so cool how they rolled in with their full gear and fire-auto-mobiles.

It has to be one of the most fit job there is? carry female fire victims and give them mouth to mouth.

all kids will go, "wow, a firefighter" "So cool" texting their friends that they just saw firemen etc.

Think I'm going to be a firefighter Jow Forums might aswell put these muscles to use and save som kittens and people.

there is only a 2year education for it. Why doesnt everybody become firefighters? Am I the first one who thought of this? Can't be.

Attached: c6648153ac926ee27fcc243b04b1a8fd--firefighter-training-female-firefighter.jpg (236x340, 19K)

Most firefighters here in the midwest are fat and lonely people who sleep most of the time and get out of shape as fuck from eating junk food constantly

Well there's the very real risk of death or life-altering damage.

But yeah, Firefighter definitely is the highest T profession.

>Why doesnt everybody become firefighters?
Usually shit pay (sometimes no pay at all, in some countries you have to be volunteer for a while before hoping you can make pro), super risky (you might not care now but once you have a family you don't want to die anymore) and the barrier to entry is high. But yeah it's a fit job obviously.

My friend's sister is a firefighter and God damn she is so hot. Another proof that strength training is great for women.

Firefighters need cardio

alot of it is just sitting around waiting interspersed with bullshit and a rare life-threatening situation

wouldnt you get fired if you to fat?

if the pay is bit above average its fine for me.

I will work on both.

Attached: 3805F62200000578-3778163-image-a-14_1473263422915.jpg (634x845, 275K)

One of the firefighters was female and like 155cm tall and probably sticc. (couldnt see thru the gear). Even manlets can be firefighters.

Why don't we all just signup tomorrow? with the increase of climatechange and forestfirest we are needed!

Attached: 7900e6b9bb021a316020a98b597049d7.jpg (640x799, 102K)

Medic from Canada here. Just a reminder that unless your fighting forest fires you are a literal waste of taxpayers money and should only be a volunteer rather than it be a career. It's so funny how the general public is so blind to this fact. I know in the states Firefighters get paid more but here in CuckCanada medics get paid more.

>wouldnt you get fired if you to fat?
Dont know how it is elsewhere, but here the ones that get fat, injured or other get transfered to desk jobs.

thanks, working on my drivers license right now. Will enlist when it's done!

>Why doesnt everybody become firefighters? Am I the first one who thought of this? Can't be.
You're not. I encourage fellow Jow Forumsizens to do the same. I'm too old to be a firefighter now, and I'll regret not doing it when I was younger, but it's definitely the better field than being a fucking zogbot (police).

Attached: 123681623.png (500x500, 283K)

How is stopping shit from burning down a waste?

Due to legislation and advances in technology (fireproof doors, mandatory alarms, fire exits, car safety design, etc...) Fire-fighters across the developed world literally do not even do a quarter of the work they did 30+ years ago but the staffing remains the same because they have a golden public image and are very unionised.

So the tax payer is paying for far more resources than what is actually required and the fire fighters are significantly de-skilled and inexperienced compared to their predecessors.

>decided to join the fire department
>it's full of white trash and dykes
>there were so many fucking dykes holy shit
>kept on being offered to use a juul
>the only decent guys are the ones who are 50+ but they are barely full of life

only firefighter I know well is a fat and horribly adjusted retard. The ones that have actually helped me out are nice though, and not obese

I live in a small town. Our firefighters are mostly fat middle aged men who volunteer. Props to them but they aren't exactly peak physical condition.

>place where I live went crazy hiring the first female firefighter
>I know her as she was a regular at the gym I went to
>she's fit
>she's still 5'5 and at most 100lbs

I would worry about her trying at all to take a dude out of a burning building let alone having to do it with all that equipment.

>and the barrier to entry is high.
>Tfw a firefighter told me I couldn't join because I have glasses

She reminds me of Blue Mary.

Attached: tumblr_mz2ppau22X1sh3xeyo1_400.gif (350x297, 204K)

structural:
>jobs that pay at all, let alone the ones that pay well, are extremely competitive
>unfunded pension liabilities at the municipal and state level
>increased risk of various unpleasant diseases from exposure to burning synthetics and whatnot
>shift work ==> sleep disorder and worse overall health relative to counterfactual
>most of the time you're just running medicals

if wildland:
>easier to get a job but money is worse
>less exposure to burning synthetics but a lot more particulate matter inhalation
>good luck having a family lol

in fairness, a lot of wildland firefighting is kind of a waste of time too. even if you can stop it right now (and you probably can't), it's gonna burn next season.

quite fun at times though.

>You apply to join firefighters.
>Have to have a high level of fitness and no genetic weaknesses.
>It's cool because you're not retarded. Besides you want to slide down the batman pole and carry women in your arms and then ride the big red truck.
>Go through the training process and eventually become a fireman.
>It's so fucking boring.
>Just waiting around 24/7 with nothing to do but either work out or watch tv.
>Everyone either gets in better shape or worse shape.
>The pay is awful too.
>When you get called out 25% of the time it's because a cat is stuck up a fucking tree which no one wants to do.
>The other 35% of the time it's to axle grind some car crash fuck out of the car.
>If you're lucky, the car hasn't caught fire, and the plastic hasn't melted into toxic acid that's permanently scarred the screaming mangled being inside the crushed steel frame. The kind of shit that you do so often you start dreaming about when you take a nap.
>Actually get to fighting fires.
>Finally get to carrying someone out from the fire.
>Oh it's some dude.
>Be a hero but get constant gay fire-man jokes from group of friends.
>Run inside to save someone else from a fire.
>It's a pet dog on the top floor.
>Whatever, you like dogs.

Was in volunteer firefigter youths back in the day. Still regret i was such a loser i stopped going.

>One time you're lucky and it's a cute chick.
>You save her life and flirt a bit, she's got a boyfriend but whatever. Keep in contact.
>Later you'll hit her up and go on a date when she breaks up with her boyfriend.
>You crack a joke about giving her CPR. You kiss.
>Turns out she's a smoker and the she caused her own fire.
>Eh, whatever. She can still suck your dick. This is what you became a firefighter for.
>Eventually you end up in a relationship. You even have kids.
>All the sudden you don't like the idea of running into a building that's on fire.
>You get called up to run into a building that's on fire.
>Your job is to check the top floor. Apparently there's someone in there.
>You see them in the bedroom after kicking the door down.
>It's a bedridden 700lb obese fuck. Screaming "help me".
>You can't carry her. You can't do anything.
>You think about the relationship you're in. The stairs are starting to go up in flames.
>The smoke is roiling and the lard creature is vomiting all over itself, making it slippery.
>You step back.
>You leave.
>When you come outside you say you couldn't get to whoever was inside.
>It was too late.
>You're visibily shaken, and everyone supports you, because they love you.
>But you know the truth and you can't stop thinking about natural selection and the bitter reality.
>The dreams where you dream you're at work turn to nightmares.
>The nightmares put a strain on your relationship.
>You find your kid watching fireman sam.
>You switch it off and put on thomas the tank engine instead.

It’s what I want to do. It’s a career that’s ideal for me.
>Decent pay starting at $50k, can go up to $80k
>work 10 24 hr days a month, more if I do overtime, still plenty of free time for me to do what I want to do like lift or work on side business or even a small job bar tending
>get paid to be in shape, when not caring for station I can lift
>girls cream themselves because “firefighter”
>department is like a family
>retire at 50(if I start now)
>when I get older I can just hop on test and never have to worry about being tested, stations only care about shit like coke weed&opiods

My only regrets is that I didn’t start right after highschool. I was terrified about leaving highschool and growing up and had no clue what I wanted to do, 5 years later and I’m on the way now. Starting with EMT because its a pre req

i need a job and i'm thinking about joining the firefighters (they mostrly help fighting forestal fires because niggers are too retarded to read the warning signs)
should i do it?

Succint and very well put

In Australia fire fighters are first responders. They go to medical emergencies, generally getting there quicker than paramedics do. The government sure finds worse ways to spend tax payers dollars so fire brigade probably aren't the worse thing to have an excess of.

>be a train conductor
>see a kid wearing black
>kid jumps in front of the train
>get mentally scarred for life
>start dreaming about being a firefighter working out all day, fucking your cute wife and letting fat people die

>rescuing dogs
noble and heroic
>abandoning 700lb beached whales to plummet to their deaths
noble and heroic

Medic lmao

Current FF. Best job in the world if you don't want to sit behind a desk 10 hours a day for 40 years of your life, and the biggest hurdle is figuring out how to rock the interview. I get paid to hang out with my bros, work out, train, and that's before you even get to running calls.

My aunt is a retired firefighter. She used to be super fit but the work did do a number on her joints, and knowing how many surgeries she’s had made me hesitant of getting into that type of work.