Bulking/Nutrition General

Get in here frens, while we laugh at all the fat fucks over at /fat/ & /fast/.

>Food suggestions
>Anything related to bulking

Attached: c700x420.jpg (700x420, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nutrientsreview.com/glossary/essential-nutrients
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can I get some actual fucking good food ideas to add an extra ~500 calories a day that aren’t fucking nuts or peanut butter, I’m already incorporating those two things into my daily diet. Also, general feedback on meh diet? Am I getting enough fruits and veggies? Thanks bros.

Breakfast
OATS w/banana
1 hard-boiled egg
1 Greek yogurt
Lunch
HUEL w/protein powder
apple
Dinner
Rice/chicken/broccoli
Snacks (to eat in-between meals)
nuts
whole grain toast w/ peanut butter?
dips like hummus, guac, etc with pretzels. humus/vegetables
sweet potato w/ cinnamon?
Saturday nights: Eat out ~1000 calories a meal
Friday nights: Rotate frozen pizza with something
1 Multivitamin and 1 fish oil tablet daily.

Attached: wide_24702.jpg (1280x550, 158K)

>while we laugh at all the fat fucks over at /fat/ & /fast/.
Post body.
Carrots, pork rinds, cheese, additional bananas, tuna, salmon.
Tbh whenever my planning fucks up and I need more calories in me I just go for whatever I got in the pantry or make larger servings of the things I still need to eat.
Otherwise you could always just cook/bake things with more butter/oil if you really need to sneak in a few more kcals.

>bulking
>in the year of our Lord + 2019
Get a grip.

Here I am last summer. Stopped lifting thanks to a fucking back injury in last October and have since probably lost 20 pounds. Going to get back at it though sometime this week or next. Goal is to get back to where I was before the summer. Also, thanks for the ideas frens.

Attached: fuckmylife.png (746x966, 1006K)

>tuna, salmon
Isn't this kinda pricey though? Do you buy fresh or frozen?

canned salmon salmon patties

Nice traps breh

thanks fren.

>acne
>constantly tired
>low sex drive
>often feel insecure/weak
I eat pretty poorly but I recently started lifting and sleep enough, am I low test?

Attached: _20181216_230634.jpg (439x652, 39K)

How did you get those traps?

I'm vegan and trying to bulk up. Currently i have 68kg, 1.80m. Is 1g of protein per kg of bodyweight enough?

What is HUEL?

What are good options for a fat fuck cutting?
I'm about 265-270, lots of walking retail job and 3 days at the gym (cardio + beginner strength routine).
I'm aiming for less than 2200 kcal a day but fuck I'm so hungry at like 6-7 pm every night.

go to bed at 5pm, avoid 6-7pm hunger attacks, problem solved

I don't know man. I was doing 5/3/1 for months before then. Basically the big four lifts with little assistance work and a bit of running.
A really easy way to get a healthy 500 calories.
huel.com
>cutting
wrong thread fren. See /fat/

God tier meal replacement/bulker. Literally will not find better macro and micro anywhere.

maybe add more to lunch on top of the HUEL
I've never had it before though so idk how filling it is.

IMO it's not that filling on its own but if you had it with a meal you'd feel fuller.

Trynna escape the 82kilo lyfe and join the 90+ big boi club. I just got over the flu. I ate some ground beef and rice. Plan is to eat 1kg ground beef and 500g rice everyday. I drain the fat though because I have a very weak stomach lmao. Still should be getting around 3500cal.

I give it 10 days before you adopt a more sensible diet.

white or brown rice? Brown has slightly more calories and more nutrition.

I want as low fiber as possible, so white. And I actually picked the one with the lowest fiber content, 1.6g/100g. I have IBS. Tomorrow the toilet will tell me if my diet is good or not.

probably,eat better, and meditate, and read some

Alright so I added HIIT on top of weight training on wednsdays/ sundays, how many more calories should I eat those days so cardio doesnt ruin my bulk
511, 150lbs btw

Too many. You are very smol.

>511, 150lbs
you should be aiming for like 3k calories a day son. Suggest reading this thread for more food ideas cause you're gonna need em.

yeah i think the tdee calculator used was fucked up or smth cause it told me 2500 as maintenence, now im gonna consider 3000 my maintenence and eat about 3400 for my bulk

•Bulking is memery.
Musculature is coming from simply getting enough nutriments and signalling; and it's possible getting an abundance on a deficit.

•Fasting is also.
Casein has great metrics lean gains, even better than whey. This evidences the importance of protein availability.

•Unflavored protein powders are huge for establishing basic iterations of recipes, consistencies, textures, and flavors.
Casein has (amongst liquids) a frothy or even frosting tendency, or (dry) is very great for effecting powdered donuts topping (with stevia). Whey produces various densities of creaminess – even unto toffee – cakiness (and similar – cookie substancing, granular fluffiness, crunchy) …

Also …
>nuts and butters (PB, almond … )
>oils (coconut; flaxseed, which shelves the lignan phytoestrogens, which are carbs – and is plausibly greater than fishoil, which was researched having reduced EPA and DHA from oxidation, and because the metrics of conversion are based on specific things)
>cacao
>stevia, which in proper iterations is only sweet, some 200x sugar, with longer onsets and more lasting durations

… Making sure that there are full nutrients amongst the multivitamin and other foods; also, omega 3s are evidenced benefiting telomeres – getting larger amounts, such as from replacing oils with flaxseed's, is plausibly really beneficial. ALA conversion utilizes carbon (expulsion / utilization being an aspect of health – e.g., CO2).

nutrientsreview.com/glossary/essential-nutrients

PS hypoglycemia is potentially much more effective for QoL.

1/2

Attached: ALA Conversion - Factors.png (788x737, 106K)

Attached: Diets and Nutrients.png (896x942, 126K)

thanks ai

A lot of claims about dermal health are regarding dairy; and milks are having lots of IGF-1, which negatively feeds back on GH, so keeping amounts below certain thresholds is logical anyway.

The percentage of demographics getting full nutrition is plausibly in the low single digits. Even beyond assuring multivitamin / food essential-nutrient availability, vitamin C was evidenced as non-effective even at 5x RDA (and while .01% and .4% are very different, such that smaller amounts are possibly effective, what's proven is weighed at ~ 15 g[!]/day). It's utilized in citric acid cycling, which is energy production – et al.

Security (anecdotally) is coming in plenty from getting an abundance of nutriments, 5-HTP and L-DOPA and specific antioxidants, and having knowledgeability of physiological health, correlatives, and (for example) exactly what nutrients are supportive of testosterone production, etc. Much of it is nutrition based, but flexibility, cardio, and strength are further aspects.

I'm getting about 150 g/day, because protein is the second most abundant item in the body, only to water. It's a metabolite of most things, even neurochemicals.

… PS: Even more specifically is supplementing cysteine (for acetyl CoA), cholesterol (for re-routing internal production resources), and choline (especially from [~ sunflower] lecithin, because emulsification is great for recipes, and liposomal vitamin C is much more subtle and bioavailable).

Keto.
Stevia … because of the satiation amongst how great an analog to "minty" (lasting and powerful) is (but) for "sweet".

Attached: Vitamin C - bordered.png (700x620, 121K)

>Huel
For pricing, homemade … [image]

It has carbs, so it's plausibly surpassed in efficiency for producing QoL by keto.

It only has 75g of protein in 1500 Cals., so it's minimalistic for gains, especially bodybuilding intensities, and even moreso amongst a deficit.

Attached: 11lbs. whey, 11lbs. casein, 40oz. PB + Maths.png (900x934, 81K)

>drains the fat
when will they learn Jow Forums?

You're completely forgetting why people use HUEL. It's nutrition is great, but the reason I buy it is for the ease of use. Shit takes a minute to prep. Overtime that shit saves me literally days.

It's basically a multvitamin and protein powders.

Cold-preparation dishes are really simple anyway, much more varied and flavorful, and are pre-mixable in large amounts. Having a big tiramisu (mostly casein and oil, plus stevia) is huge for enjoyability and feelings of knowledge and skillfulness.

>HUEL
>food

Attached: 1534320869891.jpg (494x613, 23K)

I eat this 4-5 times a day + protein shake.

What do you think brahs

Attached: Fag fuel.jpg (1398x2688, 644K)

looks pretty good bro, albeit a bit on the smaller proportions side... Is that just tomato sauce? Also, is that fresh or frozen chicken? I've been buying frozen for a while now but I think it costs more than if I were to buy the fresher stuff.

Its just Prego that I throw in on top. I split all my meals between Prego and alfredo sauce just for some variation so I don't get sick of it. Its frozen chicken, I'm a poor military fag and the only way I can afford to eat 4-5-6 times a day is if I buy cheap frozen shit from Wallmart.

I honestly don't fucking know how you guys have trouble bulking, I can eat 4000+ calories daily without noticing easily, and I mean 4000 calories worth of rice, meat, fish, eggs, beans and eggs, I just eat until I'm full every time and I can't get enough

I'm currently on a 2100kcal cut, now that is real pain

I struggled until I started breaking it up. I find it far easier to eat a minimum of 500 kcal every 2 hours than it is to eat several 1200 kcal meals a day.

Instead of flaxseed oil, could you take fish oil pills?

Because …

Is De Novo Lipogenesis a meme? Do low fat diets work?

Are carbohydrates and protein converted into body fat at a higher metabolic cost than dietary fat?

How's my lean bulk diet looking lads? Any non-meme recommended changes?
>Not drinking GOMAD
>Not eating 36 eggs a day
>OMG Almonds, enjoy your periods breh

Attached: LeanBulk1-28-19.png (882x544, 32K)

Do you put these in the fridge and microwave them when you're about to eat? I feel like the pasta would get soggy.

Because I'd rather just take fish oil capsules and not have to deal with oil. Plus the Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio is fantastic.

Anyone ever bulk while intermitant fasting? I can eat with the best of em and think that even tho I have a 4 hour eating window I still might be slightly bulking. Anyone ever do this? What's the outcome?

Stop with the eating window meme shit while bulking. Simple.

Milks are having IGF-1, which negatively feeds back on GH.

Fishoil is gross, and the likelihood of getting plenty is both dependant on the quality of the pills and plausibly taking a lot anyway.

>Milks are having IGF-1, which negatively feeds back on GH.
I don't drink any milk, is there something in my diet that has this?

Yeah. You gotta eat fast and use dense calories, but it can easily be done.
>t. Bulking OMAD
Also, fasting isn't a meme at all. It's just going to cost you strength setback. Imho it's still worth it to get shredded in a few weeks before summer and thereby getting a longer bulk cycle.

GOM is gallon of …

lol that was green text. What about my actual diet? Does it look alright or is my fat/carb ratio fucked. Really had a tough time hitting my targets but a lot of folks said lower carb and higher fat is ok if you are already under 13% bf

I fasted down from 201 to 157, then switched to a cutting diet with 16:8 and shredded up real quick while getting newbie gains. Now I'm lean bulking and it's been gains city every day, zero set backs.

3 months of lifting is my back looking okay? never feel it that much when I work out

Attached: 20190125_173933.jpg (1944x2592, 1.99M)

front pic

Attached: 20190110_180441.jpg (1440x2560, 1.23M)

Nice try but I know a Kohler when I see one, consider yourself DOXXED!!

Attached: 139CE943-8C48-4D3D-B834-FDE64B2B28B6.jpg (558x626, 204K)

Do you lift at LA fitness? I recognize that fucking horrible farmers tan

Never mind your back, you need to work on your pecs.

>Do you lift at LA fitness? I recognize that fucking
Nah im from Australia big fella

rate my meal plan frens

>breakfast
- 4 eggs
- can of baked beans
- two servings of oats
- slice of toast
>lunch
- tesco ready meal
>dinner
- chicken breast
- potatoes
- broccoli
>snacks throughout the day
- nuts / peanut butter

my chest is probably my strongest just not really flexing them in that pic repping 110kg 4x5 after lifting for 3 months

You have literally no chest, so I doubt that's true.

Impoverished-Chav/10

I'll try adding more chest work in thanks for the advice

Attached: 20190121_115500.jpg (1440x2560, 1.2M)

I cook enough of them for a week. It does get soggy towards the end, but it holds up until then. The alternative is rice. And rice is way faster and easier if you have a rice cooker, but I'm not a huge rice fan and it tends to clump together.

I heard some user say days ago the brand Barilla Pasta is high quality stuff that doesn't get soggy as fast.

I've been gaining less than a lb a week, maybe even less than half a lb. Am I wasting my time?

>6'2
>159lbs
pls help

eat clean and weigh yourself once a week. If you're not gaining, eat more and repeat

I don't ever feel hungry. I skip breakfast cuz stay up too late to get up early. eat fast food for lunch, have decent small portion dinner. am broke too.

then stay skinny you lanklet. Either eat more to get big or stay skinny you little lanky fuck.

>skip breakfast
I eat close to 1000 calories within the first two hours of being awake. If I didn't do that I would be a skinny dude too. If you're interested in a cheap recipe lmk

Cream of wheat vs oatmeal

The biggest problems of fat grams is that they're 2.25x the calories of either carbs or protein, and this adds up quickly; and that ratios of omega 3s to other fatty acids are important. … Saturated fats and other aspects are sub-values of those two points (and overall fitness – specifically cardio).

Musculature is coming from signalling. I was eating 3k Cals./day for about a year and had similar weighing and fat content.

PS: MPS suggests that optimal lifting is only enough for every day, because it peaks and returns to 24 and 36 hrs. ish.

Attached: MPS - Easy enough for every 24hrs..jpg (772x273, 90K)

I'm not sure what that had to do with my post but thank you for the information

I don't understand how fat fucks can't lose weight. It's much harder to bulk up than lose weight. How to lose weight:
>do absolutely nothing
how to gain weight:
>need to accumulate financial bucks
>need to go grocery shopping
>need to cook/prep
>need to actually eat the food
>need to clean all dishes afterwards
>repeat everyday for ever

you eat steak everyday for dinner?

I don’t understand how junkies can’t quit heroin. All you have to do is
>not shoot up heroin
I don’t get it bros, how can there be heroin addicts?

is mutant mass a meme? I just bought 10 of the 5lb packs

>how can there be heroin addicts?
have you ever met or seen a heroin addict? I haven't. Check & m8 sir.

>just spent 40 minutes cutting up and pan searing 2.5lb of chicken breast
fuck bros
this is some good fucking food

id cut lentils/beans all together. very estrogenic

Yup, is that bad?

What would you replace it with?

shut the fuck up, beans are god tier.

I picked lentils because they are highest protein and really high foliates.
What bean would you pick?

what the fuck do i do with lentils

I've just been eating black beans. Sometimes I eat them plain. Sometimes I eat them with salsa. Sometimes I eat them with sour cream. Sometimes I eat them with both sour cream and salsa.

Attached: 1548198404243.jpg (2048x3068, 1.09M)

Why don't you just put that shit into cronometer or MFP? Makes it a lot easier than looking into every single item and changing it based on raw/cooked weights, etc. With cronometer you get micronutrients too.

Attached: file.png (1010x643, 151K)

I seriously hope you don't drink 16 cups of milk dumbass

>thinks 1 gallon of milk is a lot
twink detected

God, fucking this. Every time some fatty complains about cutting being hard I want to punch him. I cannot wait until bulk is over and I can cut. All that time and money saved shopping, cooking, cleaning dishes, holy fuck. Fuck fat people.

Because they're weak-willed sacks of shit.

bump

No its the best. Especially if you can afford quality

Why do people say it's hard to bulk?
If I just eat like 3 small to medium sized meals a day it meets maintenance even while accounting for 300-500kcal in workouts.
Trying to down 5000kcals or more a day I can see would be pushing it, but you'd have to be huge and/or training at insane volume and intensity to justify that. And if you really didn't feel like it just add a pizza or a block of cheese or some coconut cream-protein pudding or something.

I mean just 1 cup of oats, with some protein powder and a few extras can easily get you 1000kcal depending on how heavy you go with the add-ins like banana/coconut/dates/seeds/nuts/PB/cocoa butter/etc. And that's all just in one tiny bowl of food, you could pretty easily eat twice that in one sitting, or eat again a couple of hours later.