>Martial arts

Hello fit chads I may assume that a bunch of you aren't only lifters but also fighters so if anyone with enough experience could give me an advice if I should join kick boxing or something else
PS : I'm also open to your better suggestions

Attached: FB_IMG_1548845691066.jpg (640x656, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pJxuObE-W28
youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5OM1zasJs
youtube.com/watch?v=qNweGN3DdbM
youtube.com/watch?v=k9_sWAodjgI
youtube.com/watch?v=mZHDMhbcJvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BJJ and Kickboxing are both great options.

Well, depends what are your goals.
Do you want exercise? Join kickboxing
Do you want to learn self defense? Kickboxing + Wrestling/BJJ

BJJ is aggressivem violent and doesnt run the risk of broken noses, brain damage etc ears wikk cauliflower though but personally i think it looks cool

Kick boxing or boxing is excellent to stay in good cardio shape and learn the basics of striking. If you’re a closeted homosexual then do bjj and you’ll be able to roll around and get mounted by other guys while pretending that shit would be useful as self defense. Even though in real life you would just kicked to death by your opponent’s friends as you try some gay arm bar.

>hurr durr grappling doesn't work in a real life fight
youtube.com/watch?v=pJxuObE-W28
youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5OM1zasJs
youtube.com/watch?v=qNweGN3DdbM
youtube.com/watch?v=k9_sWAodjgI
kys

Hahahaha, you posted literal kids as proof, are you still in High School? You think in the real world that shit works? In that second video they could’ve easily pummeled that guy if they weren’t kids fighting fair. Try that shit after getting jumped in the parking lot of a bar and see how it goes.

Martial arts are for faggots mostly

It will give you false confidence, and you'll end up getting shanked or shot.

The best self-defence is de-escalating or running. If not that, then fight dirty and stab the cunt in the celiac plexus.

Have fun getting a soccer kick to your head when you do a triangle choke.

Or a beer bottle to the back of the head when applying a kimura.

You must have never been in a real fight if you think BJJ works.

Judo throws work beautifully, but BJJ is just a meme.

kickboxing is fine
for me, it's muay thai
cringe

Attached: 880px-Thaiknee.jpg (880x1232, 153K)

>Muay Thai
>woah bro lemme warm up a bit and take off these tight jeans so I can kick you properly

>he can't kick just fine in jeans
lol, also
>kicking in a fight

You sound like a pussy

You sound like a dumb kid who doesn’t understand the real world.

Attached: CC8D3F80-E25D-4AF8-AC69-B6728C291610.jpg (640x267, 92K)

>Living around niggers means you live in the real world
Brainlet

Attached: 1507119579983.png (645x729, 91K)

More COPE
just admit you're a pussy who's scared to fight. No one with normal test levels says faggot shit like this.

Attached: tenor.gif (218x90, 339K)

>using words like cope
>calling guys low T because they aren't a leg humping fight nigger like you

Insecure fag detected, nobody cares if you can fight

>scared to fight
>b-but what if you g-get jumped :'(
>gets mad when called a low T faggot
my sides
also,
>Nobody cares if you can fight
Sounds like something who gets their ass kicked on a daily basis would say
COPE MORE

Attached: OK_Kid.png (431x450, 328K)

>nobody cares if you can fight
Keep telling yourself that, pussy

Attached: jfrqx.png (688x1434, 80K)

join whatever you feel like as long as you dont expect to street fight.
I do boxing because there is no better way for training your conditioning and dodging skills.
The quick footwork of a boxer is something you will rarely see in any other martial art.

>everyone fights fair and enemies always come at you one at a time like in my movies so my bjj will prevail

Attached: C61FB048-02E9-49E7-8B16-5F4BB5FD3DA1.png (645x614, 83K)

HEMA is pretty fun. Longsword drills really work your shoulders, torso legs and back. Continuously moving a 1.5kg metal stick takes it out of you more than you would think. It's a cool overlap of nerdy and athletic sporty people which usually makes for interesting social dynamics.
>inb4 mating dance of the homo

Attached: IMG_2954.gif (350x222, 1.62M)

>Judo throws work beautifully
If you think you'll ever have to streetfight, judo is pretty much the best MA to learn. Footwork, strikes, throws.

Anyone saying BJJ is useful against multiple opponents is a teenage larper. Any decent BJJ instructor will tell you that ground work is too dangerous to use against multiple opponents because you leave yourself too open. This isn’t even debatable.

>I never been in a fight in my entire life because Im weak but trust me bro BJJ doesn't work in a real fight lol whats the point of learning technique anyways if i will get my ass kicked like the cuck i am lol why even bother fighting back

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.u1.jpg (750x1000, 84K)

No one is talking about fighting multiple opponents you retard

>judo is pretty much the best MA to learn. Footwork, strikes, throws.
>judo

Attached: 1402174183954.jpg (400x400, 110K)

Was a news story of a BJJ practitioner in Brazil who tried to use BJJ on a guy/to defend himself outside of a club.
He was stomped to death by 8 people.

If 8 people are going to jump you your boxing classes won't matter either retard.

>he doesn’t train BJJ with big titty grills
>he doesn’t let them pull guard so he can have his dick against their ass
>he doesn’t get into half guard and have those titties be smooched against his face
>he doesn’t let them get him in a triangle choke so your face is close to their crotch and can likely smell their sweaty puss
Who’s the real closest homo here?

>BJJ is dumb because other people get involved
Autism. Learn to carry a gun, the only true self defense.

What was the point of your post?
I'm curious.
Go ahead and take BJJ even though it's useless in an altercation?

What would have been a better alternative against 8 people?

In a one on one scenario BJJ will most certainly help you. Many fights end up on the ground, especially against untrained people. No other MA will help you or even matter once on the ground.
Standing game is important but groundwork is just as if not more important.
It’s also excellent for anti-rape, something all women should learn. Devaluing this fact is just ignorance.

Attached: C7D3F9C5-605F-4BB6-8D81-1C0C2F1E00A5.jpg (750x933, 477K)

>

Gun or run
Not hugging one of them in the hope they follow your made up rules

>youtube.com/watch?v=mZHDMhbcJvA

His form is trash but i envy his tree opponent.

I expected HEMA to be a useless fun exercise and actually genuinely got a real martial arts and physical education out of it.

Any MMA that tells you to stay on the ground and fuck around rather then to get up keep distance and run if the need arises is shit.

Any fitizens with a good deal of striking experience?
I train at a MMA school with a very heavy grappling focus. My grappling skills are noticeably improving over time, but I don't feel the same way about my striking abilities.
We train striking and we spar pretty often, but it's not nearly as emphasized as the grappling.
So my question is how the hell do I get better at striking? If I cross train at another gym, what should I look for? Is there some way I can get better on my own using the foundation my current gym provides?

You literally learn to do just that in BJJ. If you don’t know how to properly create the space to do so when someone’s on you, especially a bigger guy, how the hell do you plan on doing what you’re describing? They’ll just hold you down and beat the shit out of you.

>strikes
Yeah that’s one I don’t get

>No other MA will help you or even matter once on the ground
Judo and certain types of wrestling

>implying I can wear tight jeans after all my squats
No one on fit who lifts wears tight jeans faggot

Judo I’m not seeing how you being on your back with someone on top of you will be useful. If you can shed light on this I’ll reconsider my stance.
Wrestling can, I won’t argue that, but typically may not against someone larger than you unless you’re really strong, which goes to the antirape aspect. Women on average are weaker than men, wrestling wouldn’t help them.

I've been wanting to start bjj but got scared that i might get my limbs broken and suffer permanent damage. I would be miserable for the rest of my life.

Attached: ultra chad.jpg (1080x1331, 135K)

its been settled

If you do it in the gi only, it's far safer.
No gi runs the risk of getting heel hooked too hard and then worst case, you can't walk for 6 months.
In general though, you really have to lift weights and take care of your body if you're going to do any martial art (or sport in general).

do boxing

Martial arts is a prole pursuit. It suggests you are so poor as to be in a location where your physical safety is often endangered. This explains why most martial arts training centers are located in very poor areas of town.

Fighting at a patrician level is generally frowned on as a sports activity. It is usually ignored in most high-end gyms, or if it is considered, it's in a manner not oriented around self defense (boxing, or perhaps a group kickboxing cardio session)

All jeans are tight jeans if you squat enough

Attached: 1535839174149.jpg (900x900, 113K)

>Martial arts is a prole pursuit. It suggests you are so poor as to be in a location where your physical safety is often endangered.
Not really. Martial arts isn't only done for self-defense. It's done for fun, self-growth and socialization.
Anyway, the best self-defense is a gun, not learning how to fight. Fighting is moreso used in status contests.

Did boxing was fun, but also stupid limited.
>inb4 that’s the point
I get the point, doesn’t mean it ain’t limited to hell and back

Any BJJ move you could find in groundwork besides ankle and knee locks you will find in judo. BJJ is based on judo groundwork since a hue didn’t want to pay judo teaching fees to the that days ijf.