/fat/ - making it edition

We're making it lads

>Who is /fat/ for?
For extremely dedicated rotundos who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Attached: 1535175283731.png (645x773, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleforlife.com/water-retention-and-weight-loss/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Threadly reminder that "the woosh" isn't a real thing

I am the woosh.

anyone got any data on water retention? id like to understand it more

>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
That's not true.

Aside from eating at a deficit, why aren't you supplementing Yohimbine HCL? Stimulant, appetite suppressant and proven to increase fat burning (however marginally). No shill but I've definitely seen a difference using it to just CICO and exercise.

Does anyone else plan binge days?

anyone here fat but had many successful diets where they got 80% of the way to their goal but gained back much of the weight

in my case the diets where heavy on muscle loss so now I'm basically look maximally shit

no i plan months of low calorie controlled foods. this isnt a fucking game. i want to get to my goal as quickly as possible.

Diets are fucking stupid just slowly change your eating habits over time never exceeding your daily caloric needs that way you can maintain it for life and not fail and go full fat ass again.

I think people think diets are some sort of punishment that's meant to cause them harm, rather than something that's just a tool to get their health to where they want it to be. All they can think about is FOMO (fear of missing out on eating different foods whenever they want) rather than the rewards to their physical and mental health

I'd sacrifice all food forever if I could have the body and mind I wanted. Instead I only have to sacrifice some food sometimes and I'll get a really good body and a pretty healthy mind, certainly better than 90% of the population at least.

>binging ever
No, retard.

t. loose skinned ballsack skin headass whooshlet

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 81K)

Sure.

To the extent that I planned around Christmas. That's about it.

How so?
>Lift weights.
>Eat protein relative to your lardass mass, but stay under maintenance.
>Lose weight, but the protein helps turn some of that fat lost into muscle mass gained.

I said diet but what I meant was caloric deficit

either way you are right about needing to get good sustainable habits

>anyone here fat but had many successful diets where they got 80% of the way to their goal but gained back much of the weight
Yes. Although it'd usually be due to something else entirely, not because "eating less and exercising more" suddenly stopped working or whatever.

>Diet/exercise down
>Lose job and apartment/develop drinking problem/stress eat over life crumbling etc etc
Even then it took a solid year to yo-yo back to the starting point. Repeat several times, I'm on like my fourth major weight loss attempt and getting to the end point.
Life is a nightmare.

Skipping my lifting today. My garage is literally subzero.

>protein helps turn fat lost into muscle mass
1. That's not how it works. Fat can't "turn into muscle". Muscle need protein to grow.
2. Your body consumes the most readily available calories, i.e. those proteins you just ate, before fat reserves.

so is my basement, I went down there anyways, get your fat ass moving.

Has anyone here ever gone from obese to normal and actually let themselves get back to obese? I can understand yoyoers who lose some of the weight and gain it back, but the thought of ever letting myself go after actually making it just does not compute. I'm completely done being the fat fuck that I've been for my whole life.

>calculate tdee
>Eat at a deficit of 1000 cals
>Lose weight
>Recalculate
>Eating as I'm currently doing should still lose weight
>Stalled for two weeks
The fuck is going on?

Attached: 1325295198003.png (106x77, 3K)

>when you chew the gum so much it becomes flavourless blutack

This is my biggest fear because of what I read about fat cells being there forever even after you make it, doesn’t take a lot to blow up to a full whale again with then if you are not careful. There’s a fitness dude on YouTube who went from ripped to fat as fuck and back to ripped just to prove it could be done.

Well you went from normal to obese to begin with, I take it that didn't involve mentally healthy or reasonable decisions.

muscleforlife.com/water-retention-and-weight-loss/

A water retention summary needs to be added to the OP imho.

>then you bite your cheek after mindlessly chewing for so long
I chewed way more gum when I was fatter than I do now. I drink more water now instead.

You better be taking measurements user because that is normal to stall. Most people weight themselves daily so they can get an accurate readings over time and they put the info on graphs they can see and all of the people who have made it from fat to fit have a lot of stalls and spikes in their graphs it’s just how the body works keep at it.

Anyone have a KETO guide?

unironically r*ddit has the best guides and community, if you can stand the tyrannical hugbox
Worked well for me, but I left as soon as I could, which basically is when you've lost a chunk and have good diet and grocery habits. It's only good for small, niche communities

Extremely informative article, thank you user.

Although I think I'll ignore the advice at the end and just stick to my massive deficit and 15 hours of cardio a week. Body can't hold onto those water cells forever.

Yeah I agree. Just laugh it off when you hit a plateau. If you get really annoyed double check your measurements to work out the correct TDEE and calories. If they're on point, you're just a big ball of water and the fat's still disappearing.

>was fat
>tried dieting
>didn't work
>got sick of it
>got depressed
>lost 40 lbs by lying on bed all day
>finally thin
>kinda skinnyfat
>eat properly
>start working out
>2 months pass
>still no gf (too autistic and loner)
>can't even handle girls advantages
>eventually get depressed again
>gain weight
>go back to being fat

h-ha ha... At-t least I know how to lose weight, r-right?

don't skip exercise all together, thats how you build bad habits, do something else instead.

went from slightly obese to almost normal weight to obese to now slightly overweight. I'm not gonna get complacent again this time.

>make fitness gains
>make no social gains
Social gains is way harder I can't seem to grasp it

My cardio is walking around my bedroom for hours while tv shows, movies, or youtube plays.

Hey there /fat/, I'm a European whitey that just so happens to leave to Cambodia for 6 weeks in one day time (it's for work, I'm a consultant there, won't get into the details since that is not what my post is about)

But HOW do I lose weight when I'm there? I'm completely unfamiliar with the food plus I heard much of it is fried or fat, especially to attract tourists.

How do I prevent not becoming even fatter in these 6 weeks in an unfamiliar country and culture and not lose all my diet gains?

Attached: american2.jpg (960x720, 101K)

There's a big difference between becoming obese while ignorant of how to manage your weight (i.e. during your childhood when you don't control your own access to food and excercise), and becoming obese again after being a miserable fatass who learned how to manage their weight and worked hard for long enough to change their habits in order to lose the weight.

How often should I be weighing myself? Everyday sounds exhausting.

yeah that 1 minute a day is really exhaustinh

Once a week is fine.

it's a 50/50 split here between daily and weekly so just do weekly

Well, stick to "whole foods" like fruits, veggies. Ask a lot of questions. Eventually someone is bound to know a language you speak. And look up common foods in your area
If all else fails, find a market, cook yourself

Otherwise I can still eat garbage and hope to pick up a stomach bug that forces me to starve and shit out my intestines

How the fuck do you cope with hunger? It's the strongest feeling I know, stronger than pain, being horny or drugged
I am born to consume, non stop
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: pepe frog annoyed.jpg (200x193, 6K)

I have this problem and I solve it with fasting
If I go 3 or 4 days without food I feel pleasantly full after just a bowl of soup and some veggies
Unfortunately if I keep eating every day the hunger slowly makes its way back until it's back to being the only thing I can think about
Not even OMAD helps, I have to go 48 hours or more for the feeling to subside

Attached: 1548396787653.jpg (1200x900, 120K)

Alright NYR's, time to weigh in.

>How did your first month go
>SW, CW
>Are you going to make it?

Attached: 50474545_759685744396674_2542168727068082176_n.jpg (700x690, 19K)

>SW: 212
>CW: 201.9

Easy pz

Attached: DuMSN1nVAAA2rZo.jpg large.jpg (1440x1378, 158K)

I weigh on Saturdays
SW (1/5): 361.2 pounds
CW (1/26): 355.0 pounds

I could be faster but I’m ok with slow and steady - no cheating but only eating 500-700 below my TDEE right now (5’10”)

>SW: 286
>CW: 262
>Current BF% ~28%, goal is 10-12%

Got a fucking long while to go. Impatient since no visual gains.

Attached: PIRATE NIGGAS.gif (450x282, 253K)

Went from 6'0" 220 fattie to 180 skinnyfat. Got into fitness, lost 15 lbs, rebuilt it leaner (back to 180), fell off, floated up to 190, got hardcore, zero sugar clean bulked to 210, cut to a pretty lean and fit 180. That took a little over two years. Then I started college, completely fell off, and am back up to 225. Just now starting to get back into it a little over two years later.

Two mishaps this week are making me feel like I will never make it. Going to aim for a 48 hour fast to put me back on track. One of the hardest parts about losing weight is the psychological/emotional baggage attached to it. I can be doing fine but one bad day and I just completely commit diet suicide.

No, I plan for cheat meals in advance (like when I know a birthday is coming up) but that's all. Even then, when I eat the cheat meal I try not to go off the deep end. For example, with pizza I may have a slice or two opposed to 4-6 slices.

I got back to lifting after taking two scheduled days off. If I'm miserable whether I'm lifting or not, I should be lifting.
I gotta make it.

How much do I need to worry about lean muscle wasting if I continue to eat [lean bodyweight]g of protien a day and do cardio, but don't lift? The hotter it gets in my location, the harder it's going to be to lift consistently.

youll lose muscle if you dont use it, thats normal atrophy.

im in australia where its the hottest place on the planet, and im still lifting 3x a week by reading the weather guide and choosing the 3 coolest days.

also lifting in the morning when its coolest, or at night when its coolest.

it ain't my fault that I'm out here gettin' loose
gotta blame it on my juice, baby

Attached: Sheets-.png (344x573, 28K)

Does your scale only measure by the half pound?

yep

yes it is

Very nice user

Fattest 278lbs

Attached: 52f67798-1e6c-4791-9b8a-45ca3cbf75f1.jpg (405x720, 82K)

That's odd. Regardless, good progress.

Current 160lbs. Losing some muscle mass lately.

Attached: 0127191910.jpg (1836x1836, 955K)

Current 160lbs. Losing some muscle mass lately.

Attached: 0127191910~2.jpg (1249x1836, 320K)

For TDEE shit should I just click no exercise even if I’m doing stronglifts?
Because with fitnessfrog, if I even click the lightest exercise setting TDEE-500 = 2200 cal and that’s really fucking high seeming for dieting.
My favorite hobby is cooking so I can’t fast. Hunger and desire to eat is a big problem.
I once failed and ate 10 bananas because I was hungry.

Ngmi

thanks, yeah I don't mind it much for the most part. I don't really need better "resolution" than half a pound anyway. it'd be nice I guess and more accurate for daily measurements but it's not my biggest concern at the end of the day. my starting weight was 260 lbs. anyway and at that point being able to measure "tenths of a pound" was not even close to being a concern for me since I had so much to lose lol. so yeah, I just stuck with the shitty scale.

Pretty nice progress. At 160 you should probably stop and be eating at maintenance/slight surplus to build muscle. You're already skinny bro, you've made it out of /fat/, now have to become Jow Forums.

>For TDEE shit should I just click no exercise even if I’m doing stronglifts?

yeah, the lower TDEE the lower your calorie input and the higher your weight loss

based half lb/kg scale bro

5'6 149lb do I keep fasting? And to what weight

Attached: IMG_20190130_150045_01.jpg (2651x3506, 2M)

But out of curiosity, is it even remotely accurate? Like I'm 5'11 180, TDEE is 2300 for "no exercise" and for "1-3 times a week" is 2700. Those are pretty damn far apart and I have no idea how I ever gained weight at fucking TDEE of 2300.

I usually take my parents out to eat on Saturdays (They know I’m trying to lose weight so we discuss where we go in advance so I can plan what I eat) - I tend eat a little under to account for any discrepancies and sometimes go OMAD that day

This Saturday they want to go to a Chinese Buffet, so I can’t look up exact calories, but pic related is my tentative plan for the session

I have a limit of around 2500 (currently huge, 355 @ 5’10” so my TDEE is roughly 3500)

Anything look wrong in my counts, recommendations of things to cut or add to the list? I am willing to look into any suggestions, and they also have a salad bar, will explore that option once I am there as well

Attached: B8FC8F28-E777-464B-A56B-2528EACA69AD.jpg (647x695, 272K)

calories good. ensure proteins approprite.

Protein is roughly 193 mainly from the Teriyaki (~42g per stick so 168) and Black Pepper Chicken (~25g)

all good. ~200g protein is more than enough for any human.

How familiar are you with the actual caloric values of the food you eat, and how much you eat? You might be surprised if you start actually following food labels, learning the calorie values and serving sizes of the things you eat, and seeing how they add up. It's really fucking easy to rack up calories when eating processed foods, foods cooked in fats, and portion-control nightmares like anything you blindly serve into a bowl.

While its good that you take your parents out, I'd reccomend to make it easier on yourself and not take them to a buffet, and they should understand why easily. Removing temptation and changing your routines for good are every bit as important as losing the weight, and buffets are usually very bad news.

where'd you go, i miss you so

Attached: 1493915947462.png (593x635, 260K)

Yea we usually don’t go to Buffets, only reason we are this time is because they are going to be busy with their church stuff from around 7am - 7pm (although with lunch break) so they know they’ll be tired and not want to wait around for service or takeout - but you’re right, buffets should be avoided

haven't left brother, we're all going to make it

...please come back home

[spoiler]mid 2000s music kino[/spoiler]

I still have a belly dude, lmao. But thank, appreciated.

awesome work my man. height?

You look like its mostly loose skin.

160 is already a kinda low weight for a man unless you're like 5'1. You shouldnt overdo it bro.

5'7

Fattest 273lbs

Attached: 1524142550742.png (389x585, 165K)

Oh you are actually kind of a manlet, you can lose a few more then, but even so you'd probably do better with gaining muscle rather than losing more.

160 puts me almost at underweight so instinctively felt very wrong.

Height: 6' 1"
SW: 234 lb
CW: 207 lb
About to hit the four month mark on my gym streak. Definitely gonna make it

>getting dress shirts
>couldnt try at the store
>try at home
>one wont fit around the gut
FUCK I HATE BEING A FATASS

Hate the fat, not the you, my brother

soon as you start dietting you become much more conscious of all the food advertising and how ridiculous it is

but when you're '''''normal'''' you don't even notice it it's so ubiquitous

its crazy how much takeaway and snacks are out there. On my high road there are 2 mcdonalds, 3 subways, a KFC, Burger King, and multiple kebab and small fried chicken shops. all along a 1/2 mile road.

try tea
no sugar

I thought daily weighing was bad due to water weight fluctuations?

People who do it daily like me usually do it so they can compare each day with the same day a week ago or x number of days ago.

when i'm not dieting I just see it as convenient easy food. more like convenient easy feels/dopamine. fuck that now and forever. i'll be one of those annoying diet autists for life. i'd rather be a hated instagram model than be depressed and fat.

just accept you'll have fluctations, no big deal. i like to have the daily reminder of what i'm doing and where i'm at.