Recetly started going to the gym lifting and i feel motivated and good...

Recetly started going to the gym lifting and i feel motivated and good.. but then i watch some videos on youtube (youtu.be/_Po7lFDF9H0) that has taken the wind out of my sail and make me stop and question if what im doing is right. Pls Jow Forums help me counter the arguments of lifting being a waste of time just to have bigger muscle that you seldim need and that needs many cals per day etc.. put forward in vid related

Attached: images (8).jpg (299x168, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwEOqzLJE8Y
mennohenselmans.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26132746
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4885621/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Varg is a fucking forest troll that professes to hate christianity and all the trappings of western civilization while uploading to youtube.

If you take anything he has to say seriously, you are never going to make it.

> doubts lifting
never gonna make it

not gonna watch that, I lift becouse I like lifting and I like looking good, don't care for what detractors say

Imagine taking advice from Varg. It’s sad that people listen to Internet personalities over their friends and family now.

Varg is an idiot.

he doesn't have to do bodybuilding because he's old and an online celebrity and has loyal fans from 3rd world shitholes and 1st world broken families

the average person benefits from bodybuilding though, varg has aw ife with money, of fucking course he's gonna tell people to not do anything and just wait for le ice age to take care of everything, because he himself doesn't have to do anything

bodybuilding will help you look more imposing, will help confidence, attractiveness, general strength and fitness, etc.

don't listen to guru wannabe's online, there are SO MANY of those out there, are you gonna listen to what every single one of those retards has to say about things you like to do?
Fuck no, so stop caring and stop trying to find arguments to refute what these mentally ill retards claim.

Digusting brown eyed mongrels detected. Get out of Europe you smelly subhumans. It makes me vomit each time I see you.

>.t Muhammad

I am Balt and there are no niggers here except for some gypsies who would be considered white in Amerimutt land.

> If you are lifting weights doesn't it mean you have time to do something better in your life
that's the point where I stopped watching.
I suggest you do the same. Don't let some loser who's probably defending his own reasons to be weak to stop you from progressing.

Varg is shit, The Golden One is the only true path to glory.

your girls are sluts for southron erasmus guys

You seem defensive about being called Muhammad.

both are autistic and should be avoided

There is no reason to have giant muscles other than liking the look of it and it appealing to gays.
It's unefficient, hard to upkeep and they are not suited for any real life application.
Loma here is in my book what the epitome of a functional strong body looks like, except a bit more body fat, if you are truly concerned about survival.
This is the body of a fighter, a survivor. not a gay nightclub owner.
Varg is a retard, but he has a point here.
If realistic performance and capability is your goal, bodybuilding is pants on head retarded.
No two ways about it.

Attached: lomachenko-660x400.jpg (660x400, 65K)

youtube.com/watch?v=MwEOqzLJE8Y

agree

>white

Attached: 07E59FFB-BFFB-401A-B4AD-6C125FFD9F50.jpg (606x739, 90K)

But he argues its unnatural, and also that stamina is better. I dont know lad :(

>EYYYYUM WHYYYTE U GUIZ!!!! SERIOUS!
>*Laughs in vitamin D deficiency*

Attached: 1547549796311.png (558x472, 475K)

This. You can get away with only doing 30 minutes 3 times a week and still gain a lot of benefits.

Physical activity increases health span. It will be the difference between hardly being able to move at 70 and still being able to live independently in your 90.

>your ideal is bad mine is good
fucking retard poster

I guess body builder type of isolation workouts are out of the window but you think its ok for me to still do some heavy compound squats, rows, deadlifts, bench, overhead ?

bodybuilding builds stamina and strength, it builds general strength and fitness better than cardio does
also do you honestly think varg has good endurance? that dadbod having fuck does nothing but like nuthugger youtube comments and post videos talking shit about other people while raising his children, he has no time for anything because he himself lives an unnatural lifestyle.
it's not natural to migrate by plane to another country and depend on your wife's money
it's not natural to make videos and upload them on youtube
it's not natural to make money off of amazon

no one gives a fuck about what's natural or not dude, why do you care if even varg himself doesn't?

>listening to trailer trash who lives off welfare as a life guide
Why? What makes people listen to this faggot?

Because he’s an epic Nordic Viking.

Girls from my school were laughing about Spanish exchange students because they looked like gypsies.
That's the insult Amerimutts usually use.
He wouldn't be considered white. Look at his eyes, he has mud blood in him.
Who cares about that shit. It's common in all Northern Europe.

Attached: 124654756856.jpg (522x510, 47K)

Chest is funny enough not important in most fighting styles, so don’t worry about the bench. But if you’re not training to be a fighter do what you want. Aim for your own goals, not some random fatass on here goals

Funny, I have a friend who looks just like a gypsy, and he banged a bunch of lithuanian girls there despite being a swarthy manlet.

Pagans are beta males.

What has he raided/stolen/conquered/fought? Nothing, he has done nothing but burn down a empty synagogue when no one was even there and make YouTube vids.

Reminder that Varg and the rest of the Norse second wave were larping nerds who named themselves after Lord of the Rings and made songs like "the crying orc". Trve kvlt black metal bands lift, pic related

Attached: WhVe2Cb_d.jpg (480x326, 27K)

Fighting with your fists and presuming that it is someone more manly than big muscles is pointless.

Bodybuilding and fighting are completely different.

You know what real men do? Win. That's all that matters. Because when you are a loser you'll cry all the same.

So ultimately leaders are real men, then police or military, then any armed person, then people who can fight, then people who can't. Because power is what matters, how you get power is irrelevant.

he didn't even burn a synagogue, he's too chicken shit to do that, he burned a church because that's how you REALLY give it to the jews

Attached: 5D9BA934-6C22-41C3-96C2-C9F84B4653E9.jpg (1200x800, 301K)

>a fatass donut cop is more manly than someone like muhhamed Ali or mike tyson
Are you retarded or just a bootlicker?

except the average cop is much manlier than the average fightfag retard who copes on fitness imageboards in order to defend their hobby

Lifting isn't gonna make you have giant muscles
even pic related is going to take a lot of weight training to achieve for most people

The average cop is a fatass who writes tickets so the government can get more money, and spends his entire day on his ass diddling himself in a patrol car. Thanks for answering the question bootlicker

Hello nigger

t. skinny nigger
don't give a fuck what you think about cops
this is about fighting being less useful than bodybuilding
bodybuilding is useful for KEEPING muscle mass on times of food scarcity, fighting is not and will just burn down calories.
fighting is good for fighting other unarmed humans, bodybuilding is good for fitness and strength that are both useful in almost every walk of life, not to mention they make you look more imposing.

keep ranting on about how bad cops are you fucking nigger, cops might be corrupt af but you are mentally ill and a beta larping as a big man because you idolize professional sucessful fighters

fucking lmao at you

>if I don’t support fatass cops I’m a nigger
Hello amerimutt

This first sperg nigger just said the hierarchy of leadership.
I dont really agree with him 100%, because of this "real man" thing, I'm not really sure what the fuck that means, other than whoever gives the orders to the military and police, which is often times a malevolent person, man or woman these days.
Cops and military are going to be taking leadership roles over armed people and unarmed fighters because they wield the power of the state.
You may not like it, but that's how it is.

There is no "ideal". If your goal is to look good and lift heavy bars of metal, then bodybuilding is fantastic.
If your goal is to have a strong, efficient body, then it is pants on head retarded.

It's good to do, but not with the intention of cultivating mass, only for strength.
Should not be your focus either way.
You should focus on cardio and conditioning muscles, if you truly want a purpose driven, efficient body.

But if lifting is fun to you, just do it. You are not desperately trying to survive are you?
If you are preparing for a survival type situation then above advice is what you should go for.

Hello niggers.

>bodybuilding is useful for KEEPING muscle mass on times of food scarcity,
Holy shit you’re a fucking retard, bodybuilding requires a shitton of calories to maintain that muscle mass, and secondly, the cardio neccesary for any combat sport worth a damn is more useful in a survival situation than looking big.
If you’d at least said powerlifting you might’ve had a point, but bodybuilding is quite literally a bunch of gayass faggots going on stage for gay Jews to ogle.

Depends what you consider "bodybuilding". Spending time lifting and exercising to build a strong and healthy body is obviously very beneficial and pretty much everyone should do it. But people do seem to overthink this shit and start planning their entire lives around it when there really isn't any need to.

>there is no ideal
I'm replying to this post that had and I quote:
>There is NO reason to have giant muscles other than liking the look of it and it appealing to gays.
>It's unefficient, hard to upkeep and they are not suited for any real life application.
>Loma here is in my book what the epitome of a functional strong body looks like

So why are yo bullshitting me now with "there is no ideal" talk when I'm replying to an user that has an obvious ideal in mind?
In terms of survivability a muscular physique is way better, you literally have more resources in your frame to sustain your life, more protein and thus amino acids to maintain your digestive system and other organs in times of food scarcity.
Having more muscle doesn't actually increase your protein requirements noticeably at all. Your body gets more efficient at synthesizing and recycling proteins and amino acids the longer you've been doing resistance training.

Don’t you have someone’s dick to suck, bootlicker?

Attached: C1991653-5E69-4989-95FF-41A0C5BD2E9F.jpg (720x450, 33K)

except if you have a bigger frame as a baseline from bodybuilding that means you have more resources in your body to live with you fucking dumbass
do you think your muscles are simply burning calories like crazy? must mean why all bodybuilders have to diet down hard to LOSE bodyweight right? fucking dumbass you totally don't even fucking lift.

>Having more muscle doesn't actually increase your protein requirements noticeably at all
It does increase your caloric intake though, at least if you want to keep that muscle for long.
>more resources in your frame to sustain your life,
Could say the same thing about having fat though as well.
Either way in a survival situation, cardio and endurance are more important than fucking bodybuilding for survival.

What the hell are you trying to even say?
I am rationally explaining why huge ballooned up muscles are not an efficient form in terms of survivability or efficiency.
Nobody is talking about societal heirarchies or "manliness" whatever nonsense you are invoking here.

Sure, I have addressed this already though.
A goal oriented lifting program to supplement whatever athletic goals you have is hugely helpful, but lifting for the sake of it is just not the same as that.
Again, not saying it is somehow wrong to do this, I am just answering OPs question.

>bodybuilding is useful for KEEPING muscle mass on times of food scarcity
Okay so you don't even lift, good to know.
Bodybuilding requires you to consistently overeat in order to build these huge muscle masses.
In a scarcity situation, your body will naturally return to a much less energy reliant form, something like this.
Huge muscles burn energy without doing anything, while you are resting. Your body actively struggles against keeping up that form.
Far from ideal in any survival scenario.

>fighting is not and will just burn down calories
so will running from a wild animal, your point?
If you trained for it, your body will be able to do it the most efficient way, which is good, because in the scenario we are discussing you will not get around doing these things.
I wager you would have IMMENSE trouble in any sort of physical altercation, since you clearly don't know the demands it puts on your body.

>fighting is good for fighting other unarmed humans
so you don't know anything about fighting either, also good to know.
Any serious combat sport requires you to be PEAK physical condition in pretty much any aspect of your body to even begin training for it properly. A fighter will have peak stamina, muscle endurance and functional strength.

Also, you are the only one who even brings pro fighting into this discussion, I just used Loma as an example of a top conditioned body.

>t. doesn't even lift
I think you might actually be retarded bro.
Do you think muscle will just magically appear on your body from lifting?
YOU NEED MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF FOOD TO PUT IT THERE

Why would you question if its the right thing to improve yourself in any aspect of your life?
Are you this retarted?

Bodybuilders do a shitton of bulking offseason, and then go starvation mode to cut off the FAT reserves on their bodies. Muscle doesn’t just burn fat, but a caloric surplus is necessary to maintain size you fucking dyel. I bet I lift more than you fucker, post body you fucking dyel

>do you think your muscles are simply burning calories like crazy?
Yes they are, holy shit. That's why we tell skinnyfats to bulk before cutting.
You don't know even the most basic shit, just stop.

It's pretty clear he is a fat ass who did starting strength for a month and now thinks he knows everything lol

>increase your caloric intake
no it DOES NOT, caloric intake is increased if you EAT MORE, training does NOT increase caloric intake, what the fuck are you even talking about dude?
Training on the same ammount of calories as you did before training builds muscle.
>Could say the same thing about having fat though as well.
Fat is easy to obtain, just eat easily stored and preserved food no matter how bad nutritionally it is and you will consume calories that will make you store fat if eaten in excess, the problem is that you need amino acids either way, you either get it from your own body or from your diet.
Even if you have plenty of protein rich foods you would still benefit from muscles that are bigger, respond better to protein feeds and are more efficient at building themselves up after a famine, which trained muscle is.

You're right.
Excess bodymass burns lots of calories at rest.
Doesn't matter if it's fat or muscle.
However muscle, when you are active, burns more calories.
It strains the body and forces it to work harder.
Fat, while not inert, doesn't require nearly as much energy to simply...work. It burns calories becasue you're just bigger and it requires some calories to exist but not even close to as much as muscle does.

Holy shit you’re a fucking dyel. How long have you been lifting a month? Post body so we can mock you fatty.

except caloric requirement barely changes from untrained and trained muscle you fucking braindead parroting ass nigger, human muscle is by default very energy sparring, we aren't fucking gorillas, you are able to look ripped even on less than 2000 calories a day.
You're a retard and you don't know what the fuck you're even talking about.
except YOU don-t HAVE to bulk in the hypothetical autistic situation of famine dumb nigger, they bulk up in order to GAIN even MORE muscle, you don-t have to do that in a survival scenario for obvious fucking reasons for fuck's sake.
Fucking retards itt.
If you actually knew a single thing about muscle protein synthesis induced by resistance training you would stop typing and humiliating yourself.
Yes, training a muscle even without increasing calories above maintenance builds muscle you fucking dumb mother fucker.
Training also makes your muscles more responsive to protein feedings, it also makes them more resistant to catabolism induced by fasting.
>b-but you need calories to build muscle
that's why you have bodyfat in you with an enormous endogenous source of energy you fucking idiot.
training skews your metabolism a bit more towards muscle growth as long as you're not sickly lean.

You would know these things if you weren't a dyel fucking dumb ass nigger mother fucker.

>Training on the same ammount of calories as you did before training builds muscle
Only if you’re a fatass

or if you are a fightfag who doesn't even lift with tiny muscles, anyone can build muscle at the start, even when losing weight/fat.

>looking ripped is the same as having bodybuilder size muscles
Post body fatty, preferably with timestamp

Okay, so you literally don't know the first thing about nutrition or fitness.
Dunning Kruger in full effect here lmao

Fat doesn't burn calories, at least not even CLOSE to how much muscle burns.
It pretty much just needs to be supplied with blood, some extra effort for the heart, that's pretty much it.

based Varg BTFOing gymcels

>implying I don’t lift AND do martial arts
I’m gonna keep repeating this, post body fatass, I already know your a fucking dyel

you post it you're the one who larped first
if you think I'm a dyel post body with timestamps

dyel, post body or stop typing.

how about YOU post body, you claim you lift and do martial arts
let's see what you look like

post body is not an argument, kids

stop samefaggin and start posting body with timestamps big boi

Sure, I’m fine with that, now you

Attached: CE96E1DB-1CF9-4422-A4FA-D4D9C8D49AC1.jpg (3264x2448, 1007K)

being blatantly wrong about things isn't either.
When someone clearly doesn't know what they are talking about, post body becomes an argument.
since someone who is well versed and has applied their vast knowledge, CLEARLY could not be a fat dyel right?
Shuts them right up and prevents them from spreading misinfo.
Bonus if they actually start researching and learn how to do it properly.

Looking good bro, not great, but surely better than the retard spewing blatant nonsense in this thread.
reminder that if he doesn't post body now, to not reply to the dyel retard.

ITT: ass blasted twinks larping and thinking they know better than personal trainers and online physique coaches

mennohenselmans.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/

Here it is, irrefutable factual evidence of MUSCLE GROWTH on a CALORIC DEFICIT.
If you larping dyel retards need any more evidence of this being possible I can provide.

>won’t post body
No (you)’s from me faggot

Refute this then dumbasses, science is against you.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3411406/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26132746
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4885621/

If you can't refute these your shitty opinions are invalid.

>uploading to youtube has anything to do with christianity.

Refute or shut the fuck up

Thats really what you got from what he wrote isnt it

ITT: larping twinks btfo by facts and logic

Daily reminder to not take any advice from larping retards whose opinions go against anecdote and actual science.

It's not a calorie deficit when you are insanely fat.
Post body fatty.

>reading shit from a dyel
Ain’t reading shit or giving you a till you post body fatty

varg is so fucking redpilled
>food is produced using oil
no shit my locally grown grains and legumes are oiled not watered
>you need to think ahead and when food is scarce you will be upset and will lose mental health and won't think ahead
>bodybuilders want to look like africans because they want to be lean and muscular
BASED and REDPILLED

a deficit is a deficit you stupid retard
it has nothing to do with how much you weight

>dyel tries to hide from posting body, thinks his opinions worth shit
Many such cases!! SAD!!

confirmed retard lmao
a caloric deficit is still a caloric deficit doesn't fucking matter if you're fat or not, retards itt including you I imagine implied that it was impossible to build muscle on a caloric deficit and some even claimed it was impossible to build any on a caloric maintenance.
I posted evidence of the contrary.
Keep humiliating yourself skinny nigger.

>b-but these people are fat
they're not, elite gymnasts are not fat, refute that gymnast study if you can, you can't because you're wrong and dumb.
Stay wrong and dumb.

Fatty fatty, won’t post body cause he’s scared and flabby. Won’t post body, will just bitch and moan.

>trailer trash who lives off welfare
He lives in a house, and he gets money from selling his game and music. Nice try though kike

mad brainlet thinks he's entitled to my body shots
so obsessed with me that he's not even willing to defend his wrong and dumb position
because he's still mad and wrong and dumb
poor user

he makes almost no money off his game and album, he lives off his family and his wife's family money

imagine being fat and knowing nothing about bodybuilding while deflecting each and any argument.
FACTS:
Big amounts of muscle burn lots of energy while resting
Building body builder tier muscle needs to take calories from somewhere, if you are fat and a newbie, you can build some, but any experienced bodybuilder will tell you that you need a calorie surplus long term
fighters are fitter than lifters overall, not even a fighter, but acknowledging that is a matter of respect, only an insanely ignorant person would argue otherwise
bro split strength =/= functional strenght

anyone who wants to refute this needs to post body.

In regards to this Is a 3 days a week full body workout (do cardio too) with heavy compounds a good strategy for a dyel that wants a healthy and stronger body that is balanced and a bit bigger?

Varg brings up a point about body fat but never planed on having low bf

Yeah that’s a standard beginners strength routine, go for it

I don't give a fuck if you're such a dumb faggot as to let a YouTube video discourage you from doing something you enjoy. Pls stop lifting, the rest of us will continue looking that much better and stronger

Based and blasphemypilled

>Big amounts of muscle burn lots of energy while resting
No. It doesn't.
It burns slightly more then fat. But not a huge amount.

>Building body builder tier muscle needs to take calories from somewhere, if you are fat and a newbie, you can build some, but any experienced bodybuilder will tell you that you need a calorie surplus long term
Yeah, if you're overweight and undertrained you can build muscle while losing fat but once you're out of the easy gains area and you're at normal weight you'll have to eat a bit more.

>fighters are fitter than lifters overall, not even a fighter, but acknowledging that is a matter of respect, only an insanely ignorant person would argue otherwise
Yeah. LIfters just lift, they aren't athletic at all.

>bro split strength =/= functional strenght
Functional strength is a retarded fucking marketing term.
In reality, functional strength in the way that it's marketed to retards comes from basic calisthenics and strongman type lifting with uneven heavy objects.

wrong and dumb user still clinging to his "post body bro" when he is unable to refute the studies that prove him wrong
he thinks by saying the word "facts" he is stating facts, he is literally that dumb rofl
also when provided evidence of body recomp in advanced athletes that are either lean or chubby or anywhere inbetween he refuses to address any because he knows he's wrong and dumb.

sad, really
he will keep coping until the very end