Why does these fucking things even exist? They throw off deadlift form completely with their bullshit edges

Why does these fucking things even exist? They throw off deadlift form completely with their bullshit edges.

Attached: Hg9hh.jpg (495x526, 19K)

Does your gym not have both kinds of pl8s? Mine’s got a deadlifting area with round ones but the squat racks all have the angular shits.

>tfw braindead morons take all the bumper plates for exercises that aren't floor pulls

So that when you drop the barbell on the ground it won't go around rolling on the gym floor?

>Tfw my gym has only angular plates and not a single bumper plate
One day I'll go to a real gym

>they throw off deadlift form
maybe you should just throw yourself off a bridge for doing deadlifts you big fat retard

>Calls op a retard
>Doesn't do deadlifts
faggot

>the angular edges do not allow proper placement on the floor affecting my form
Stop bitching.

Attached: 1513800507489.jpg (393x469, 129K)

This is a fucking fantasy m80, I've never seen a gym with floors so outta whack this would happen. It would demand setting them down carelessly for serious rolling.

You're not supposed to slam the weight down. Controlled motions don't mess up the edges. Stop ego lifting and get your form in check

Attached: 300f5f26a6bc67b3d13ab7de325e0179b2ac93c4_hq.gif (495x640, 51K)

Wrong

If im wrong then explain why. You're saying it is correct and proper to slam deadlifts without control of the weight?

Plates spin at the top of the lift if you're using any regular oly bar, genious.

Hey genius, that means your pull is shit and you should fix that and/or invest in some collars

Easy fix, OP. Go to shitty, cheap commercial gym myself. Usually put a .5 plate right at the crevice or a little in front and if needed in the back of the plates too. Usually helps stop the awkward angle.

this

So you don't murder half the gym Indiana Jones style when your runaway 4pl8 sumo-dl goes rampaging through a geriatric calisthenics class.

Literally never happens

Lol do you not understand how sleeves on a barbell work

Are you actually going to make any valid points or defense of your statements or do you plan on just deferring to misdirection? The sleeves rotate but only slightly which is why i said your pull is shit if you're significantly turning the weight. Its uncontrolled, ego lifting.

You're retarded

do they weight less or more than circular ones?

You don't lift

I do bumper plate curls fight me.

also im gay if that means anything

Yeah they are annoying for deadlifting but fine for other lifts. Luckily my gym has the circular plates as well.

>genious

just reset after every pull like you're supposed to do anyway

>use 1 bumper plate at each end
>hell even a solid round plate would do the job as it’s slightly bigger
Jesus Christ how do you people get out of bed in the morning this dumb

>dead-lifting with round plates on an uneven floor

This is a decent issue retard if your at an angle other muscles are doing more work than others

Speaking of throwing off deadlift form, why does it seem like EVERY gym floor I've ever been on seems to be unbalanced. I can't begin to describe what a fucking pain in the ass it is to constantly have the barbell rolling and being uneven between deadlift reps, meaning I either have to completely lose my focus and readjust over and over again, or YOLO it for the next rep and hope the fact that it's no longer even doesn't take me on a one-way trip to snap city.

lmao my gym is so fucked my my deadlift rolls. It's only on one side no matter where I am (facing same direction tho) which really fucks me up. Gotta have my foot on that side on rest periods... Kinda fucks with my form too...

My whole point is that lifting these from the proper starting position inevitably introduces a couple degrees rotation on liftoff which is dangerous
>just use the plates that aren't at your gym lmao

Kill yourself you moronic fuck

pussy ass bitch

You've obviously never don't deadlifts lol. It almost always comes down on an angle causing the bar to roll forward or backwards.

>4 inches of torque dabs on your spine
Heh nothin personnel kid

Autism

Based retardbro.

You're a fucking idiot dude, deadlifts and oly lifts are the few exercises where you're not supposed to control the eccentric, too much risk of injury, you don't slam it down like you're trying to crack the foundation of the building but you let gravity take over and the bars position is going to shift around when it hits the ground, that's why plates meant for deadlifting are round so you can easily roll the bar back into position

>doing more than a single for deadlifts

Post maxes lmao

Regular for 1: 450
Romanian for 6: 365

Your gym doesn’t have bumper plates, or any circular plate to put first?

They are inportant because the circular plates are affected more by gravy and are harder to control

And I think wind resistance comes into it to because the stop sign plates have less wind resistance because they are angled just like stealth planes

are to quiet for radar to pick them up

that's what I read I think it makes sense and it's why I use them when i can

too obvious mate but great attempt nonetheless

Should I adjust my maxes according to my elevation to sea level affecting air pressure

No. It's an LA Fitness perfect in every aspect but this one fucking thing, it's too bad.

Hey reddit, engineer here.

The reason for the edges is that it makes it easier to eject the casting from the mould (European for mold). This saves cost. That's why you'll notice only the most expensive gyms have perfectly round plates.

Hope this helps and thanks for the gold,
Vlad

My old gym had both and I would use bumper plates for deadlifts and rows, and these for everything else. I miss these especially since they don't have 1/4" of rubber all around and you can hear them click up and down as you bench (or even squat). Now I gotta bench with these rubber plates with 8 fucking sets of holes or some shit.

because the edges make the weights stand on its own hehe xDD

>tfw my gym ONLY has these plates so I have to use them for deadlift
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1504839816339.jpg (720x720, 38K)

>doing meme "exercises" that literally does nothing for you

Once a guy in my gym had loaded up a bar with every single bumper plate available. That's 45X2, 35X2, and 25X2. 210 lbs of pure bounce. Fucking idiot. Light to heavy fro medial to lateral, too.
I was like "hey, do you mind switching out your bumper 45s for these normal plates"
And he acted like I was an idiot, but gave me the bumpers so I could deadlift like a normal person.

Attached: Crack.png (1053x1040, 2.84M)

never used or seen one of these, why are they bad for dl's?

Maybe not, but I'd pay to see it if it did.

Attached: 1548292289698.jpg (244x336, 18K)

FUCKING
HATE
THESE
PLATES
SO
MUCH
FUCK MY 24 HR FITNESS
EXPLOITING US AS A SUPER SPORT BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY 24 HR IN A 10 MILE RADIUS
BUT THE ONLY SUPER SPORT FEATURE THEY HAVE IS TOWEL SERVICE
AND THE WASHING MACHINE HAS BEEN BROKEN FOR A FEW MONTHS
ONLY 3 BENCHES
ONLY 1 SQUAT AND 1 POWER RACK
fuck my gym.
if I wasn't getting the membership at half price through my old employer I would sign up for a different gym.

I literally cannot help u besides using wedges or putting your feet at different places to line yourself up with the barbell