QTDDTOT

Should I change from full body 3x/week to a PPL/brosplit program now when I'm cutting?
I'm stagnating on my lifts since I don't get enough calories in.

Attached: 1517569179818.jpg (999x624, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t3--uqTarXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to shift from the full body 3-4 day a week program I've been using to get back into shape to either a PPL or PHUL program.
I can workout Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and the weekends, which puts me in a tough spot.
The only thing I can see working is if I did PHUL with:
Power Upper Monday,
Rest Tuesday
Power Lower Wednesday,
Rest Thursday
Hypertrophy Upper Friday
Hypertrophy Lower Saturday
Rest Sunday.

My question is that most routines online say do both power days then rest, both hypertrophy days then rest two days, and mine would stagger the rest days a bit more. Would this be a long term issue? Or is it more preference/convenience?

I just went to get up from my chair and had a weird thing with my elbow.
It was like a low, pulsating electric shock from elbow to pinky.
Should I be scared

My bulk wasn't as successful as I wanted but I really want to lose this extra fluff before the warm weather really hits. I could use some opinions, is it better to look like shit for a spring/summer or maintain a well-defined twinkmode and keep trying to get bigger when I'm not frequently outside shirtless?

Attached: ugh sip.gif (320x240, 1.62M)

What is vitamin D used for? How long do I have to stay under the sun for my body to start metabolizing it? How do I know if I should use sunblock?

Are you asking us what would look better or what would get you hotter, faster? Cause if you just want to look good I'd say cut and go twinkmode this year, don't listen to this board, lots of women and men love that shit.
If you want to get to be a beefcake as fast as possible, just keep bulking until you're ready to cut.

You will be dead in a weeks time.

If you're white (or anyone even kinda fair skinned) always use sunblock. Of course, I never use sunblock, because I'm lazy, but medically the sun is just gonna give us all cancer. As far as how long, just go for a run shirtless in the summer or tan for like 45 minutes or something. Sunblock won't prevent you from metabolizing the D.

I probably will go with twinkmode this year, and hop on the permabulk train after I graduate uni. I really want to hit muh 1/2/3/4 but I'm a vain bastard for all these college girls (and guys, no homo)

Attached: hm.jpg (640x628, 97K)

I'm on the same boat, nothing wrong with looking hot to crush that sweet college puss

What kind of exercises should one include in their routine to look like this?

Attached: 1549326576177.jpg (800x799, 177K)

assuming you actually look hot, not spooky skeleton look

don't have any sources one way or the other, but it does not matter much in my experience

youtube.com/watch?v=t3--uqTarXA
you cant, there's no witch skull with that body

Suppose I buy a pack of chicken breast and there are 5 in there, and it weights 1.5kg. 1 piece would then be 300g of chicken breast. Google says that 300g of chicken breast contains 93g of protein. Are my calculations correct for determining the amount of protein I am getting in this serving, or am I missing something?

Anyone else feel like they're showering a lot + generating a lot of dirty laundry from working out?

Attached: 1547947213117.jpg (2995x4493, 2.36M)

I've definitely made enough gains to look twink or otter at a lower BF%. I'm a ways from becoming a big guy though, which is what's a little disappointing.

Few weeks ago I sitting up in bed and had a breakdown at how much i've failed socially. Everyday since then I've started dressing better, having better facial hygiene, running every day the weather permitted it, and started doing basic lifting at home to build some muscle mass before hitting the gym. I feel a burn inside that I never felt before after looking at myself in the mirror objectively (not just appearance wise, but everything, and my lack of accomplishments) and that alone has pushed me. I want to get out there and have a social life and talk to women and be normal, this is the vehicle to get there. I don't have a question, I just wanted to thank you guys.

sounds about right

Bet. Stick with it and you'll be fine brother.

How many reps should I do for Bulgarian split squats if it's replacing barbell squats? I'm finding 5 reps sufficiently challenging, but I'm wondering if I'm supposed to do more because it's a dumbbell lift or some shit.

Attached: 509151.jpg (768x1167, 165K)

godspeed user

Attached: 1516208685730.png (676x724, 1.03M)

Hip thrusts and barbell lunges.

how much egg white is in one egg? I'm supposed to have 17 eggs worth in a recipe and I don't know how much that is.

pretty sure theres 1 egg white in 1 egg
if a recipe is asking you for 17 egg whites, you use 17 eggs

I got my first pair of knee sleeves today. How tight should they feel? They definitely feel pretty tight, and get the back of my knees pretty sweaty.

Pic related is the pair I got.

Attached: 81c4uST9mYL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 22K)

Is it cheating to walk on the incline mill with lifting shoes?

I'm a uni student and I walk/bike a shitton every day. No cars involved between commuting to school from the apartment, going to classes spread out around the campus, and commuting back. Should I make any adjustments to my calculated cutting macros to account for that or no? This is my first cut and I'm deathly afraid of fucking it up and losing strength

any proper whey/casein recipes that arent liquid? cant get too much fluids 2h before bed or I wake up to piss
cba to spend so much money on cottage cheese

Based on some feedback I've had, I've decided I'm going to end SS and begin a PHUL program tomorrow. However, I was planning on heading into the gym today to get a bit of extra work in before changing my program.

My question is, does it make sense for me to test at least my DL 1rm today? The 3x5 nature of most lifts on SS doesn't change that much going to the next program I'm doing, but DL's will go from 1x5 to 3-4x3-5. Should I test it out, or would I better served by saving the energy and potential injury risk (I already have a lingering lower back issue) and just start off the new program with a rough calculation based on my SS lifts?

I lift a hypertrophy routine with dumbbells, doing 3x8, 3x10 and then 3x12 then upping the weight.
Now and again I skip doing a 3x12 and up the weight a little anyway, then doing accessories with more weight too.
Will this affect recovery, or is it ok so long as I can manage at least 3x8 on compounds and 2x12 on accessories?

I've got a really stupid problem.

Ive been buying chicken thigh and removing the bone and skin myself to use it as a cheap source of protein.

The problem is that everywhere I check has a different nutritional breakdown. My fitness pal puts 112g at 130 calories and some places have put it as high as 209 calories per 100g.

I have absolutely no idea which to trust and how to actually count and i've gotten pretty frustrated. Does anyone know the actual nutritional breakdown of boneless, skinless chicken thigh?

no

nothing to stress over my guy, just track your weight for 2-3 weeks, see if you are losing too fast/ too slow, and then adjust accordingly
nothing bad will happen in such a short time

I wakeup and workout in my pajamas then shower and put on whatever I'm wearing that day so I don't have to wash another set of clothes including underwear. Home gym masterrace.

>Do DL
>The only thing that hurts is abs
>They hurt like a bitch
No one told me about this

are you going to DL tomorrow? if so I would not do any heavy DL today

probably becouse its unusual, never happened to me

Based

just take an average from a few reliable sources

What's the quickest way I can lower body fat while keeping my muscle? Specifically, if cutting is what must be done to lose fat, at what defecit and what kind of foods should I be eating? How should I be working out (ie Cardio, heavy reps or light reps)?

I just want the quickest way to lower bf%. I can't seem to do it right.

>be me
>Valentine's Day Dinner with a girl
>She's really into guys with muscle
Please bros help me

Attached: 1546139520230.jpg (1024x1024, 89K)

>Valentine's Day Dinner with a girl
>She's really into guys with muscle

m8 valentines day is in a week, you won't make any actual progress in that time
fast for 6 days, then carb up on 7th and get a pump before the date that's all I can recommend lol

if you are looking for a long term plan, then start by reading sticky, you have all the most common questions that are answered there

Eat tuna/deenz to get your protein and get a sick pump before the date.

I should've said
>inb4 read sticky
I want the most optimal way of how to cut that streamlines fat burning. Sticky doesn't explain certain routine or foods that help with this

Attached: 1546063089138.jpg (680x486, 33K)

Does it matter if I lift before or after meal? I lost much weight and started lifting, at morning I really can't eat, but I supplement with protein shake (around 25g of protein), then after a few hours I can start eating normal food, but I am often busy around that time, so I really would prefer to lift at morning, just after my shake. Doesn't matter or a no no?

Attached: 1538242291222.png (789x750, 18K)

My lower back has been sore immediately after squatting. This level of soreness has not got worse/better as I've gone up in weight. I've looked at my form and it looks 'ight, some degradation on the last few reps but I think that's normal. Day after squatting, its just a dull pain that I only notice is there if I think about it. Sometimes bending over hurts. Am I fucking my back up or is this a normal level of soreness?

Lads, I need to know what am I doing wrong and how to fix.
Vid related is set 4 out of 5, 87.5 kg, trying for low bar. Mind you, my wrists hurt like fuck, I'm doing thumbless grip, and by the 4th or 5th rep I feel like the fucking bar is going to roll off my back/shoulders. Pretty disappointing, I thought I was breaking parallel for sure.

I'm the guy that posted about failing his squat last thread, this time I (kind of) managed.

Attached: VID_20190206_200634.webm (720x876, 2.91M)

Btw, I'm placing my wrists as wide as they can go, any wider and I could risk my hand getting caught between the rack and bar when reracking.

This is set 5 out of 5, I could have sworn the bar was going to fall down.

Attached: VID_20190206_201105.webm (676x860, 2.99M)

>take deload week
>go to gym one day after
>get flu
>out for another week
>go back one day this week
>get sinus infection

IM TAKING ANTIBIOTICS BUT MY FUCKING HEAD HURTS SO FUCKING BAD BUT I HAVENT BEEN TO THE GYM REGULARLY IN 2 WEEKS DO I GO AND LIFT THROUGH THE PAIN OR DO I WAIT FOR THIS GODDAMN FUCKING PAIN IN MY FACE TO STOP IT HURTS SO FUCKING BAD FUCKING FLU GAINS GOBLIN PIECE OF SHIT FUCK

if you have energy to do it its cool

I missed last rep on set 3 out of 5 so the SL app will have me do the same weight tomorrow, which I totally agree with as I need to get this weight down first.

EXTRA POINTS: r8 my deadlifts if you will.

Attached: VID_20190206_204229.webm (560x974, 2.78M)

stop doing low bar, dumbass.
also kek @ depth

get some oly shoes

you're slouching over hella forward when you squat. Keep your back straight.

Lift lighter weight

wobbling all over the place. only the first rep was okay. reset between reps and take your time.

get some flat shoes (or deadlift in socks)

widen your stance, do more seated cable rows and one arm dumbell rows to fix your upper body posture.

develop severe lordosis, have no knowledge of correct posture whatsoever.

>stop doing low bar, dumbass
why?

As for the depth, yeah, going to work on that shit. No oly shoes tho, can't you feel the 3rd worldness through that webm?

When I straighten up (or I feel like I'm straight anyways) I feel like the weight is pulling me backwards.

What was wrong with the other reps? Yeah, I have some converse-ish flat shoes that I could lift with.

Won't pendlay rows help with this? is what I'm doing for barbell rows. Also added chinups + prone bridges to deadlift days, and dips + hanging knee raises to row days. Following SL 5x5 if you were wondering.

Thanks all.

just stop lifting until you can stretch more.

>help the bar is too low on my back and it's falling off
>"stop doing low bar"
>why???

>What was wrong with the other reps?
use your eyes, mate. do you honestly see no difference between your first and other reps?

Any stretches/remedies to stop calves hurting? Feel like shit when I'm walking out the gym with a limp.

>pendlay rows
I specifically said one arm dumbell rows and seated cable rows because they target your teres major, traps and lockout ability of your lats, which is what you need specifically. barbell exercises are for mass and strength, not fixing imbalances.

can't you just answer questions straithforward? this is QTDDTOT thread afterall

Funny bone user. You'll live.

I inadvertently got blackout drunk 2 days ago, still kind of hung over. I want to get back in the gym, but I've got my first ever hemorrhoid probably induced by the dehydration of ingesting so much alcohol. It hurts like a bitch, and prolapses if I push. Should I avoid certain lifts if I have a hemorrhoid? I normally warm up on the treadmill, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Can anyone give me some advice as to what I should do, or you can just laugh at my stupid inflamed asshole because it's kind of funny.

if you're too stupid (or too lazy) to get it, you're a lost cause anyway.

i have terrible calf pain 24/7 ever since i started running... i see no way to fix this except train calves...

Sorry user, I have no other to ask advice from ;_;
PTs at the gym all want me on a split with insane high reps like everyone else's.

Thanks lad. Going to lower squat weight, add your suggested exercises (and face pulls too) and fix my shit before continuing my linear progress.

He is not (me) but gotcha.

take less weight. you want to struggle towards your final sets but still maintain good form. if you cant manage to maintain your form you have to go 1 or 2 steps back. go lower on your squat and keep your back straight. dont tilt so much forwards.

the initial lift comes too much from your legs. extend your legs slower. more control on each rep, dont rush your set. this way you can dl way more weight. flex your core and your glutes. get shoes with a thinner sole. looks painful, seeing your feet tilting so much, almost looks like you loose balance.

keep improving! you are on a good way.

youre welcome. your problems are typical and slight and you can fix them with smart programming and effort

Hey! I think I see it. My lower back is kind of curved and I kind of go a little bit lower with my legs before pulling.

Yeah, thanks friend, going to lower from 32.5 kg per side to 25 kg and got up again.

your advice is good, but
>the initial lift comes too much from your legs
isn't correct.
in deadlifts, any lift (initial, middle, and end) comes entirely from the legs and ass. the back should be straight throughout.

the lowering of your legs isn't the problem. it's that you rush your reps. you're not resetting between them. not taking your time. every rep should look the same.

>hey i think i see it
exactly.
you might benefit from pulling the "slack" out of the bar (the bar doesnt bend at the baby weights we use obviously)
try pulling on the bar with your dead hanging arms and lower your ass (bend your knees) until you feel your hamstrings get taught. THAT is where you pull from. you should be rigid and in a slightly uncomfortable position when you start the lift, tightening every muscle in your body.

mate, do you even lift?

sounds like he does sumo.

>not eating the bones

I'm going to start going to the gym for the first time next week, doing starting strength and trying to gain about 30lbs (up from 150 to 180 @ 6'0).

At the same time though I want to start running, C25k, since I'm looking to join the military and haven't really run at all since highschool.

Is doing the minimal running per day for C25k going to destroy my gains? Can I just increase my caloric intake to make up the difference? Currently taking in about 2500/day but am trying to push it higher with more bulking foods at home.

legs and ass is quadriceps, hamstrings, adductors, and glutes. those are the prime movers in a deadlift. the back muscles (spinal erectors) provide stabilization.
look it up.

sumo just uses more quads (and a bit more adductors).

I have no trouble losing weight, but when i do so I feel like I lose quite a bit of muscle mass, any advice?

Attached: 1522894630991.jpg (375x358, 28K)

If you're going to join the military, please please please just focus on your cardio first. basic bodyweight exercises and calisthenics should be sufficient for basic. you can focus on strength once you're on base and have nothing to do.

I'd go out of my way to suggest that you're actually just losing mostly body fat, while thinking it's muscle mass.

We can't see what you're doing with your wrists in that video. Have you watched videos of people squatting to see how they hold their wrists?

Okay but I'm a super scrawny fuck. Is SS really going to fuck me up for Basic?

Can someone get pic related body doing /fit?'s Greyskull LP? I'm a skinnyfat dude.

Attached: 2bed7286cad4500f6c328f8419065dbc--marlon-teixeira-spring-style.jpg (736x861, 63K)

If u wanted a way to split work for five days. U could program ur own U/L ppl

My question if how the hell do you get such healthy hair?

not exactly that body, but something in that ballpark sure, its not something unachievable
how exactly you look will depend on your body, as in proportions, muscle insertions etc

Finasteride and/or good genetics

I've cut 2 times now, and though i've lost 20 pounds both times i always end up looking somewhat flabby, after a cut I'd end up around 150 pounds at 5'11, currently 170 after a bulk

are you getting stronger though?

Yes, but my lifts go down after a cut, I'm just afraid I'm osing too much while cutting

as long as you're stronger and stronger after each bulk/cut cycle its progress
for advice, the usual
don't cut too fast, stick with 500 deficit
make sure you get enough protein
don't go easy on your workouts, lifting is important for maintaining muscle on a cut

if you stick with these and you are making progress in the gym over time, then everything is ok

Thanks for the help man, I guess I'm kinda frustrated it's been 2 years and i still look pretty bad

Attached: 1541760492457.png (315x323, 168K)

Ok guys I lift 4 times a week at a -500 deficit and I plan on including Cardio on my off days as Spring/Summer is approaching. The goal is to conserve muscle mass while burning fat so would I eat back the calories I've burned during cardio or allow a greater caloric deficit while hitting my macros.

why the hell do i get a bicep pump from OHP? it doesn't happen often but it does

What did people fry with before vegetable oil? It seems like butter wouldn't be economically feasable, margarine is bad, coconut oil has kind of a low smoke point, olive oil has a taste incompatible with some recipes, so is lard the only thing left?

Basic isn't about strength, it's about endurance, most of the tests are pretty easy if you aren't 17+ bmi or don't have high arches or weak ankles. Your diet and activity will be so different you'd probably lose gains too, wait until your enlisted to lift.

how do ketofags have pre-workout meals and post-workout meals?
by pre I mean those times where you've eaten a long time ago ~4h and need a quick meal to be absorbed so you can lift soon, is it just MCT's + protein so basiclaly coconut oil + whey?
and since post workout fat consumption seems to make you store more fat, than what the fuck do youy eat

Lift at night or morning?
If I lift in the morning I get a better more focused workout, gyms not crowded so I don’t need to wait for shit. But I feel exhausted and unfocused the rest of the day and just wanna sleep

Lift at night I can’t take caffeine because I won’t sleep, so I feel sluggish and tired/unfocused during workout. Also gym tends to be crowded anytime from 5pm-11pm.

Will I adapt?

Skinnyfat heading into bloatmaxx territory
When is it time ti call it quits on gaining (300 - 400 cal surplus) and start cutting? My end goal is to look good.
Current lift 1RMs are:
150/215/275/305

5x5 or 3x5?
low bar or high bar squat?

So I decided to just go ahead and start the program today. The first day is upper power, so my arms and shoulders are feeling pretty shredded up. I'll just go down 10% or so from my 1x5 DL weight tomorrow for the 3-4x3-5 and see if that feels right. Plus it'll be the first lift instead of the last like it is in SS, so I should have more energy for it.

I was told I should ask this here so:
Do I need to bulk? And if so how long should I? I don't want to fuck up and only put on fat and gain little to no muscle. I'm:
>18
>6'2
>175lbs
>Unknown bodyfat% but I'd assume it's 16-20%

Attached: image0.jpg (739x677, 46K)