Does transforming your body into a champion also transform your mind?

Does transforming your body into a champion also transform your mind?

Attached: 10202-leonidas-greek-warrior-statue-900x900.jpg (900x900, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qURN2zu23hI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=qURN2zu23hI

Unironically yes. Discipline in one aspect of your life will translate to all others.

it will take you some of the way, but you need to apply your mind if you want to really ascend. theres plenty of jacked dudes with sub-par minds

i want that statue

Attached: chris on foodlike substances.png (497x372, 35K)

show me the way Jow Forums

I want a statue

That statue is sicc but Leonidas and the other Spartans during the Greco-Persian War fought with their torsos unarmored so as to charge and feint retreat more effectively on the battlefield. The Hoplon shield is also way too small.
Also I think the plume is ahistorical, I think the Spartans started wearing them later?

You can't transform your body to a champion's if your mind isn't a champion's.

Yes but you need to do more than lift weights. You have to learn MMA.

Getting fit allowed me to finally see how much I was lying to myself.

the plume is an unnecessary target on yourself of where your head is for archers, spear throwers, and other swordsmen could knock your head around by hitting it. nobody had plumes. they all had bigger shields.

chisel it yourself and enjoy the ride my dude

No, it was a signifier of rank. Don't believe all that tacticool bullshit pophistorians read off about ancient dress or gear. Archers weren't barely even fucking aiming at the time and slingers would have aimed center mass; nobody with a sword or spear would aim at the head either.

Pretty sure the Spartans didn't wear plumes until the Hellenic period simply because they didn't really have that many horses (nor did the other dominant Greek city-states) until Alexander popularized cavalry.

I love metal statues so much. I would spend a moderately expensive amount of money on a good wrestling statue.

Friendly reminder the Spartans were boy-fucking faggots who got beaten by the thebes and were responsible for the conquering of Greece by Alexander

baste and bogpilled

>source: their enemies.
Fucking boring pop culture 'fact', user. I'm not even interested in the period or people but seriously.

Homosexuality in Greece and Rome are way overstated. The Greeks (and through them the Romans) had a different concept of love, with their being distinct separations between the Erotic and Platonic, as well as the Familial and Communal.

While sodomy and sexual exploration was probably extremely common, only the most ridiculous of people actually lived or espoused a sexually libertine lifestyle or social structure (Aristotle for example found Plato's ideals of communal sexual relationships to be fucking retarded, cf. Politics) and most surviving texts accusing a group or individual of sexual promiscuity are written by their direct opponents.

On the other hand, Aristotle did consider the Spartans to be massive cucks ruled by women due to an imbalance of property laws, the effects of which manifested as a sheer decline in the Spartan population after the Greco-Persian war.

The ancient Greeks did not conceive of sexual orientation as a social identifier as modern Western societies have done. Greek society did not distinguish sexual desire or behavior by the gender of the participants, but rather by the role that each participant played in the sex act, that of active penetrator or passive penetrated. This active/passive polarization corresponded with dominant and submissive social roles: the active (penetrative) role was associated with masculinity, higher social status, and adulthood, while the passive role was associated with femininity, lower social status, and youth.

No it does not.
I've been lifting for years, and I look really good.
Yet I'm still fucked up in every other aspect of my life.
I'm just a good looking loser, I have a shitty job, been unable to forget my ex gf, never went back to college, my friends are the same retards as always, and I still feel like ending it all from time to time.

Attached: 1545286900696.jpg (1024x798, 64K)

That's more a roman distinction than greek, though not much writing on greek sexuality survives afaik.

pretty sure you don't need a plume to identify the head

How about transforming into a mega?

Attached: roll.gif (400x200, 1.91M)