SLEEP

How the fuck do you get yourself to sleep?
I haven't slept for the last three nights. This shit happens to me every couple of weeks.

Attached: 1529708283206.jpg (1600x1200, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21669584/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PC8Luqiws
youtube.com/watch?v=Mte1MZpF5Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=s9x8JrkiwGs
youtube.com/watch?v=UTZqX4WWz4E
youtu.be/9oCbzIPzTQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just go to sleep lmao

Caffeine control and unironically meditate. That fixed most of the issues for me.

Try drinking milk.

I imagine I'm a German soldier sleeping in some bombed building during the battle of Stalingrad. That, or I imagine I'm part of Stannis his army fighting for the lord of light.

Fuck me I thought I was the only one
I always think that Im a roman soldier

We all got that in common. We all autistic.

Flip your mattress, I once didn’t do it for like 2 years so there was a indentation where I slept and the springs were fucking me. Started only sleeping an hour a night, wasn’t a pleasant person. I got a new foam queen and I sleep like a baby, I make sure to flip it every month or two.

Melatonin. When I quit weed I stopped sleeping and at the end of the week I couldn’t take it so I tried melatonin. In the past the gel caps didn’t work so I got dissolvables and anywhere from 3-20mg knocks me out. I’ll typically take 10 but that’s more than the serving size. I found I can sleep fine without it now though.

Walk for 15-30 minutes outside. It just helps. Also, start turning lights off or down and limiting screen time(or lower brightness) at about 6:30pm. I always make sure to put on night shift mode on my phone, and I find it also helps a bit.

Try bashing your self in the head with a hammer before you go to bed, that always does the trick for me.

How the fuck would that help you sleep lmao

Attached: 20181221_171239.jpg (368x368, 9K)

I listen to an hour long video of WW2 artillery and sporadic machine gun fire off in the distance and Im out in 20 usually.
Tried most meme things for helping but apparently I just needed a soft non-rythmic noise at low levels. Thanks to the user that posted it here many moons ago

Because I want to do some medieval shit with my bros while I burn and rape the village

Kiwis. Seriously.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21669584/

By imagining a situation where all external stressors are replaced by a single, constant danger of death. If the only goal of the situation is to survive until the morning, then the silence represents peace instead of a crushing reminder of your own mundane life

If the only think you're accomplishing is living day-to-day, then it helps to imagine the one scenario where just surviving is the sole biggest feat

Stop shitposting and turn all devices + lights off, close eyes, sleep.

unironically take melatonin and CBD oil

Have a bed time routine
Only use your bed for sleep ie don't browse 4channel on your phone in bed
Wear earplugs
Make sure there is no light
I'm the lightest sleeper imaginable but if I do all of these things I have a good nights sleep

STOP CAFFEINE!

cosy

Attached: 1540420594699.jpg (240x210, 6K)

Post your favorite one

My mattress was also shit and old so I threw it out.
I sleep on the floor these days and honestly it's better than a bed.

Just watch Post Scriptum gameplay

blue blocking eyewear, bulbs & f.lux

Sauce

install f.lux on your computer and similar ap for phone

Comfortable bed, cold environment, dark, cover yourself - stay warm, think about things that make you happy (no phone). Done. You're sleeping.

Attached: fitfact.jpg (500x656, 250K)

its weird but i think of being a soldier too. i imagine i am slick pilot in vietnam, laagering with my squadron in a clearing in the jungle at night. i am sleeping in the back exhausted after flying 10+ hours the day prior.

Dam I just jack it and pass out don't know about all that

i had the first good night sleep last night in a long time
>dont use your phone/computer/tv for at least an hour before bed (muh blue light)
>be in a comfy bed in a cool room with a stable temperature
>dont drink caffeine
etc

I started playing ocean/nature sounds at night on my phone which helped me not get lost in my own thoughts

>By imagining a situation where all external stressors are replaced by a single, constant danger of death.
This is a good start if you want to go that route
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PC8Luqiws

>f.lux lighting app for your pc or laptop, to reduce blue light before bedtime
>keep your bedroom as a place that you only sleep or have sex in, so you associate it with relaxing
>asmr, if you're an asmrfag like me
>melatonin pills
>not drinking caffeinated beverages post 12pm
>sleepytime tea is godtier

Attached: 29D422EA-8F1C-423C-A215-4D6DEECB1605.jpg (604x604, 83K)

Looked into lucid dreaming and there was a certain technique that would help to induce them, but it also helps me fall asleep more quickly. Take this with a grain of salt, I don't have the sauce I just saw it like 3 years ago.

Get comfortable - preferably laying on your back - hands and arms at your side and legs straight. Like a solider at attention but relaxed. Don't move at all. Your body will eventually feel a little itchy, but don't scratch the itches. It's a mechanism your body uses to make sure you really want to go to sleep and you aren't just "resting your eyes". You'll have some mild closed eyes hallucinations and feel a bit like you're in a trance. Fall asleep shortly after. Whole process puts me to sleep in 10-15 minutes max.

dont scratch your itches? sounds like your trolling me bruv

promise I'm not. the itches go away after a minute or so. the key is to stay perfectly still so scratching would mess it up. try it tonight, see what happens

I take a bunch of shit that knocks me the fuck out.

Attached: 326412E2-445B-4E9A-9BD9-74EC04199D29.png (1080x1080, 1.37M)

>having to jump through this many hoops to fulfill a basic human need
Damn depression must really suck brah

Get blown by a twink

>Flip your mattress
I do it whenever I change sheets.
>I always make sure to put on night shift mode on my phone, and I find it also helps a bit.
this is the most important thing. Blue light fucks your melatonin like crazy. As it starta to go dark, lower brightness and use blue light filter. I recommend you stop using ANY kind of screen 1~2 hours before going to bed, and once you get in bed, SLEEP, do not do anything else.
No fucking point taking melatonin supplement if you willingly kill it all with a phone in your face at 00:00 in bed

its true. If you are asleep you won't respond to these itches. Thats why the technique to induce lucid dreams, you bamboozzle your body into thinking you are asleep but you aint

Looks like Rich took too much of it

don't know if I lose or feel

People will say fap but what you should do is nofap.

CBD-heavy bong hits and booze

shit dudee ... gonna try this

That’s healthy

One glass of whiskey and I'm ready to go

feels good man.

>Based
Sometimes I imagine I'm some random loner in a wasteland attacked by constand war or some shit trying to get his sleeps on a rainy night after days of wandering

sun exposure and honest work

>We all got that in Jow Forumsommon*

youtube.com/watch?v=Mte1MZpF5Ig

youtube.com/watch?v=s9x8JrkiwGs

Attached: 0_mtTQjoV98dHq9Vy6.jpg (2600x1726, 578K)

Are you op? If you are then maybe this is the cause of sleeping troubles. A new mattress will be better. If not disregard

>as it starts to get dark
Sundown is at 6pm right now. I get out of work at 5.
I hate living this far north.
It's fucked.

What asmr do you listen to for sleep?

Lower caffeine ,even tea, meditate actively or passively i.e. stop thinking lift weights. Dont go to sleep if you are not sleepy or tired you will just lie like that till morning.When you lie down, minimize noise and light , start vividly imagining something, like flying plane or walking somewhere, this trick helped me, supposedly it a shortcut to REM sleep, you will feel drifting away but don't falter or will wake up again.

>4channel
*AHEM*
*clears throat*
*AHEM* *tink tink*

Attached: 1547515793145.jpg (1000x1000, 139K)

Attached: 1543481281089.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>take 2 hour nap
>wake up feeling like shit
yeah i'm pretty sure my bed is shit

IM GONNA

I imagine I'm cuddled up with a cute girl while I'm spooning a pillow. Also make sure you practice good sleep hygiene. Like ensuring you have nice clean sheets, pillows, and a cool room, bordering on cold. I'm out in 10 mins. Obviously don't use caffeine etc.

Try a product called Amino PM. Do you just have issues lying in bed or RLS?

Attached: 123.jpg (360x533, 43K)

Sometimes I imagine a blind primordial spider god has given me a ceremonial mask that has transformed me physically into a humanoid spider. I sit at the center of my own metaphorical web, using mind-controlling spiders to infiltrate the minds of people and undo their conspiracies with my own. I put the world right again, subverting the subversive.
Other times I imagine I'm numb and being operated on by deft mechanical arms that are turning me into a cyborg hero.
And other times yet, I imagine I've found myself in other worlds and all the things that weigh heavy on my mind are irrelevant.

CBD tincture. put a few drops under your tongue like 10-15 minutes before bed.

>start lucid dreaming as a hobby
>can't fucking wait to get to sleep every night
anime can become real, in your dreams, lads.

MIC CHECK ONE TWO ONE TWO
*inhales*

Attached: 1543899418780.png (546x1080, 214K)

how do you train lucid dreaming

lost

temazepam 15-30mg (10mg valium, 1mg xanax)
zopiclone 7.5mg
seroquel 25-100mg

any of these would help, i STRONGLY recommend trying 25mg seroquel, amazingly out of all the real sleeping meds (benzos, Z-drugs, atypicals) seroquel is pretty much the best, and has NO tolerance and NO addictiveness.

also you have insanely cool dreams with seroquel and will get guaranteed 8 hours sleep and wake up feeling amazing every day for as long as you take it (for the rest of your life ideally)

>seroquel
where to get

Isnt Seroquel for schizophrenia?

- No caffeine.
- Eat 2-3 hours before going to bed.
- Make sure you use the bathroom before you go to bed (as a minimum you need to take a piss).
- Fresh sheets.
- Somewhat cold and dark room.
- No gadget disturbances (no cell phones, laptops, tablets etc.).
- As little noise as possible.
- Quality mattress.
- Close your eyes and try to recap every step of your day, the more detailed the better.

This is what I do, and I sleep like a baby. I can go to sleep pretty much anytime I want with that method.

Attached: 1527796801858.jpg (480x360, 13K)

as a nightowl I can understand having poor sleep due to being alert and energetic at night and wanting to do stuff.
however I have no idea why people find it hard to go to sleep when they're actually in bed

based

Attached: 20190207_233015.jpg (1993x1024, 395K)

Cold is so fucking comfy.

enjoy your weight gain

Attached: cardiovascular-and-metabolic-side-effects-of-antipsychotics-25-638.jpg?cb=1425785136.jpg (638x479, 60K)

stack melatonin and Diphenhydramine. say night night

Valerian root tea, sounds like bullshit but knocks me right out and gives trippy dreams. Completely legal everywhere

I listen to the sound of heavy rain.
make sure my room is cold but have lots of bedding ,focus on the rain sounds and imagine im in a cave/run down building/tent and some serious shit has just gone down and the world is fucked but i live for another day.

youtube.com/watch?v=UTZqX4WWz4E

I've tried imagining calming things such as floating in water or being massaged with a rolling pin, but they're making me sad because they're not real. Then I start brooding and thinking about how I've been mistreated, how I've missed opportunities and how my situation is getting tighter and tighter.

Based

Attached: 2EE7C0A4-CF4D-41A4-8D97-FAEB28D18FF7.png (1334x750, 1.11M)

this deep

check'd and kek'd

brothers

Attached: fox.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

youtu.be/9oCbzIPzTQc

The meme according to some is your brain expects danger, but subconsciously listening to danger that won’t affect you seems to make sleep a tad easier.
Funnily enough I sleep better during thunderstorms, go figure

I imagine myself as soldier on some planet fighting for humanity. It drags me to sleep so fast.

Jujimufu is anime. Also checked.

Attached: 1.jpg (630x395, 146K)

Attached: tenor.gif (220x217, 141K)

same

How the fuck even? I look forward to going to sleep every single day. I can't even imagine not being able to sleep for 3 fucking nights. It's like being dead for 8 hours, no more bullshit to worry about no more existentalist nightmares...no more voices.

This

Attached: 1548053897333.jpg (540x540, 118K)

I literally cannot sleep without watching something on tv.

And then all scientists say that blue screenlight keeps you up, fake and gay.

Attached: 1545438835753.jpg (1080x1080, 266K)

Dick hard in the butt, titty in the hand, kiss ya neck.
Hell ya.

I imagine similar things while falling asleep

Sometimes I sleep backwards in bed just to mix things up. Like my head will be at the foot of the bed and my feet will be at the top of the bed

Fuck yeah dude I imagine I'm a stowaway sleeping in the cargo hold of some giant space freighter.

This is my go-to autistic reasoning for everything I don't want to do: I imagine I'm in a zombie apocalypse or some life-and-death scenario and I need to eat/sleep/train to survive.

Eat-sleep-train-repeat.

i started only sleeping in my bedroom, i wouldn't use it for anything else or spend any other time in there. no lying on the bed, no reading in there or using the laptop on my bed. now i can go in, get into bed and i'll be asleep in 5 minutes.

I always thought everyone could fall asleep as fast as me, and would be confused when people would say it takes them am hour to fall asleep. Turns out im narcoleptic and these naps during the day arent normal