Has anyone ever experienced a sensation mid set where you almost black out and lose feeling of your muscles contracting...

Has anyone ever experienced a sensation mid set where you almost black out and lose feeling of your muscles contracting throughout the movement? It happens to me on OHP a lot, and the reason I ask is because when it happens oddly enough I feel like 30% strong... no fucking lie. Everytime it happens the set immediately feels way easier and weight feels super light it's insane. Like harnessing untapped power

Attached: IMG_1180.jpg (640x640, 82K)

*30% stronger

Do you lean back a lot? Might be snap city calling

leaning back during the OHP isn't necessarily bad

Yeah. It's awesome. Adrenaline maybe?

That's what I was thinking. Idk this may seem like a pointless thread but those who know, know. When It happens it's insane how much stronger I feel. Like I could have 95% of my 1RM, get headrush, suddenly turns into 80%

just happened to me yesterday during a 1rm squat. on the way up, all movement stopped. i was suspended in space, completely still. i imagine if anybody saw me they wouldve thought they were looking at a photograph. all that was going through my head was "life or death" which is my go to mentality when i stall mid lift. then i blacked out and when i woke up i was at the top. i reracked and walked away, not questioning how many days had passed.

Sounds about right. It ALWAYS happens on any over head pressing movement for me. It happened earlier and as soon as it happened it felt like my upper body went into autopilot and I couldn't even feel the sensation of performing the movement, the barbel just sorta moved by it's own

Don't lock your knees

Dude yes it literally is

hahaha yeah +1. Leaning back means you don't have the flexibility and lean back/arch just to get the bar up.

>what is bracing
>what is engaging glutes

You can look at any strongman and see them arching their back on any ohp type movement. My god you both make it painfully obvious that youre dyel. You're both brain dead retards

>Stongman
They're going to use everything they can get away with to put up weight. They're competing.
You can also put up more weight on you bench by turning your spine into a fucking donut, that doesn't mean it's good form or good for you.
OHP is for your shoulders. Using your ass to help drive the weight up just means you're cheating yourself.

Ohp is a compound movement and there's nothing wrong with adding more weight to it by using your glutes.

yeah STRONGMEN. Olympic weightlifters will also break form because they're some of the best in the world and will sacrifice safety to set records.

Chances are that user isn't either of those and statistically never will be. So being "dyel" has nothing to do about it, dumbass. hahaha Jesus Christ. Remember that when people give advice here it's to novice lifters/amateurs. So telling someone who isn't an advanced lifter to open up BEFORE suggesting that they fix shoulder flexibility is fucking retarded.

Its just adrenaline m8

fucking retarded idiot go kill yourself

Sounds like a Mix of adrenaline and horrible breathing

>Ohp is a compound movement
Correct
>adding more weight to it by using your glutes.
No that makes it a push-press. That's like adding more weight to your SL-DL by doing a Sumo.

yeah its called nirvana

Yes it fucking is. It's literally the WORSEZ THING you can do. You take the load off your shoulders and put it entirely on your spine and back.

If you lean back you have to reduce the weight, you are not as strong as you're pretending you are. Your spine should be 100% straight and not move at all during an ohp.

putting your lumbar spine in such a position IS FUCKING BAD user, STOP LEANING BACK ON YOUR OHP YOUR SHIT WILL SNAP

If you're only adding glutes to the movement it's not a push press, it's The PressTM.

I'm gonna activate my glutes and ThePressTM your ass.

theres a drahve component to ThePress that requires such “lean.” But exaggerated lean is just compensating and bad.

I want these girls to belittle me and call me a fat piggy while jiggling my belly and laughing

Attached: 286baa67405c1e5d9f70aec89a02e2c7-imagepng.png (2458x1112, 1.16M)

who are the girls

do seated ohp

You're a mammal. Your body is doing what needs to be done independent of your brain. Your brain is saying "damn this shit is heavy, probably better just drop it" but your body is saying "i need to finish lifting this safely or I'm dead". Reptiles basically spend their whole existence in a state like this, which is why I never fuck with crocodiles.

Don't flex your legs so much. You're locking your knees and cutting off the blood circulation.

Try a split stance, with one leg forwards.

>these 2 girls count as "white"
lmao