/skin/ - Skin Care General

Let's have another thread about skin care. I bought a moisturizer a week back and realized it's pretty oily. Should I keep using it until I can afford a non-oil one or is it on the same level as not bothering to moisturize at all?

Attached: americanpsycho01.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

simpleskincarescience.com/dermarolling/
ewg.org/skindeep/
simpleskincarescience.com/dehydrated-skin-moisture-barrier-acne-fix/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

recently got into skin care myself. I had Jack Black moisturize and some weird eye cream during the day. Then at night I use Roc retinol eye cream and anti-aging retinol cream from Neutrogena. It's a weird habit to start but apparently it's really important to not looking old.

On your question, my GF says that you always want to put shit on your face; really important that it has light spf too.

How do I get rid of blackheads on my nose?
tried some of those cleanser soaps but they had next to no effect

Attached: 0yags8zfuc511.jpg (762x960, 101K)

use a gentle soap. i've been using cetaphil lately and it's working out pretty well. use witch hazel as a toner and then find an oil free moisturizer. i've been using aveeno w/ 15 spf but you might want to mess around and see what works best for you

Thanks for the answer, user

how much does diet actually play into this shit?

just ate a greasy steak lomo and my forehead suddenly feels really fucking oily and itchy out of nowhere. i thought it was a meme since dairy has had no affect on my skin so far.

yeah spf every single day. don't need to slather it on, just enough to stop your skin from turning to tanned leather over your lifetime

>I'm making a team

Attached: goat.jpg (800x800, 90K)

>I'm in. Who else?

Attached: goat 2.jpg (488x488, 24K)

stop eating plants
stop using soap
/thread

I'm in boss

Attached: WqhpJta.png (187x496, 110K)

>*sigh* I guess it's time to come out of retirement... looks like you boys need a veteran for those scars and bl*ckheads... Nevertheless, I'm in.

Attached: goat 3.jpg (800x800, 51K)

i used to have blackheads, sometime scabs from pimples, and small pimples.

i used a bottle of this and my skin broke out. bunch of pimples, small puss pimples, etc. all the junk in my face was pulled out thanks to this cleanser and now i look like i have photoshop on my face.

for all you cunts with big pores on your nose, pimples, etc., buy a charcoal cleanser like this and use 1-2 bottles and use it every morning when you shower and if you keep it going, you'll try to find me and suck my dick as a thank you.

use charcoal cleansers and you'll be amazed at how filthy your face really is.

>I'm in... As long as the pay is right

Attached: goat 4.jpg (343x390, 16K)

this is the brand i used and use every couple of days now that my skin has been clear.

Attached: GUEST_4d892277-854a-4181-8186-626a04212d13.jpg (488x488, 30K)

Use less or dab your face with a cloth when you are done applying it.

Look into it yourself instead of just listening to your GF, otherwise you won't know what you're doing and slack off. Differin is better than """retinols""" since Differin used to be the prescription only until it went OTC in America. It can cause purging but that means it's working. Ideally you want a moisturizer with light spf for the day and no spf for night (cerave cream in the tub comes to mind.) If on a real retinoid put on sunscreen during the day because your face becomes more sensitive.

I'd bet money you don't have blackheads and actually talking about natural filaments. If it comes out yellow it's natural and removing that only damages your skin then it comes back in 10 hours anyway. Oily skin people have it more pronounced than others.

Has basically no affect, you're just attributing it to the steak. Yes even milk, because the studies show no trend of acne towards yogurt eaters so the dairy myth doesn't even stay consistent. No dermatologist worth their degree is going to tell you it's diet.

>leave the heavy stuff to me.

Attached: 71XQGN%2BCMuL._SY550_.jpg (388x550, 31K)

any suggested links/sites for further reading? just getting into skincare myself the past couple days. if this will be a forreal general then it would be nice to have some resources in the OP for future threads in any case

no meme, Jow Forumsskincareaddiction

hey if it can get rid of the shit on my face i dont care where the info is hosted

All the stuff I know is from me trying stuff out to help with acne. Currently on two weeks of differin after trying everything from aloe vera wine/gel, tea tree oils, different cleansers, chemical exfoliants (good but doesn't stop acne much.)

is good but keep it a minimal routine, most of the sit they add I really question if it does anything. Serums are bullshit, toners are mostly bullshit for the purposes they use it for (PH balance), and I haven't fucked with eye balms since it doesn't bother me. Maybe it helps them with their makeup slowly damaging their skin, I wouldn't know.

I also dermaroll since I got acne scars. This is the site I use. Bonus points since it's ran by a man.
>simpleskincarescience.com/dermarolling/

I'd stay away from Asian beauty stuff, like Korean beauty for males. For some reason people follow Korean skincare advice even when you can CLEARLY see the massive amount of filters and makeup on their face while they talk about their stupid aloe vera gel.

They're ok, but for some reason they have the biggest fucking hard on for CeraVe which contains Methylparaben and Propylparaben.
Use this site: ewg.org/skindeep/ if you care to check ingredients before you buy something.

>tfw fell for the 10 step korean autism

i have it down to about 3 now but i still think those masks are worth it even if once a week

Attached: gamerfuel.png (303x209, 133K)

Pic related should not clog your face if you have acne right? It seemed fine when I checked out the details on cosdna, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with it

Attached: 818uM1vs5BL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 150K)

Some people swear by their clay masks, I've never tried them. My ex was deep into those little wet masks that have stuff like snail slime or bee venom and her face was improving but I think it was more about her getting enough sleep + actually putting on moisturizer during the day.

so why is she your ex lad

Because some twink was flirting with her and she was inviting it by always messaging him for "resume advice." I lift and poke needles into my face to mog them both.

based.

Never really gave me acne but didn’t seem to do much for redness

yeah i was actually referring to those wet masks specifically, feels like you're pressing fetus goo skin onto your cheeks but it's 100% worth in my case

first time they got my attention was with my gf who swore by them as well. living with a female who takes their looks seriously turned out to be pretty eye opening.

So bros I had a cyst a year ago that left a huge indent in my skin so i went to a dermatologist to get it fixed. This cunt ended up doing a subcision and then hyaluronic filler afterwards. When she injected the filler she inadvertently blocked the angular artery on my face and I didn't find out it was a blocked artery till 3 days after. Now my face is fucked up even more than it was before

pic related

never gonna make it bros

Attached: after 2 days (sunday).png (544x734, 750K)

Attached: after 3 days (monday) 2.png (545x969, 598K)

At least you can grow a pretty decent beard.
Time to become a wizard.

It's just a tinted moisturizer so it won't really do anything for the redness since women combine that with foundation and other bullshit. It's basically what everyone found out with the BB cream fad a few years back. I do get frustrated seeing baby faces in the gym with pure, clear Caucasian skin for their entire workout while I turn into a tomato. I like to think I workout harder than they do though.

If I recall correctly it made her skin feel softer. You're doing the right thing keeping it simple though. I have no proof, but I feel like those people with 12 different products are just fucking around, like a guy with 30 exercises in his Push day.

It's still fresh so it might get less red with time, don't write yourself out just yet.

fuck man, that sucks

here's the area 3 months later

still not sure if im gonna make it

Attached: 2-2-19.png (1390x1789, 3.93M)

how is my skin SIMULTANEOUSLY FUCKING OILY AND DRY AND PATCHY WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING OOOOON UUUUUUUGGGHHH I HATE MY SKIN

Attached: 1548459755839.jpg (836x543, 111K)

It's better than my skin and I've never had a botched cut.

Looks fine. It looks so fine I think you're fishing for complements.

are you me lad?

"2... 1, 2, 3, 4"

Look up stuff for combination skin

Just use Cetaphil.

meh that nasal fold scar is only on the botched side, i don't have a fold on the other side of my face so it looks weird when you see both sides

but thanks

doesn't seem to work for me

Attached: 1514303265249.png (310x304, 90K)

Fuck, steal someone else's skin and staple it on

don't think i haven't considered it

Attached: 43f34363116f4dde2109bfd4592855f2f752abd99f41e826dd010d699042eb04.jpg (250x206, 10K)

in high school, my skin was hella oily but also flaking. learned over time i was prone to dehydrated skin. had to ditch cleansers (i've tried to gentlest shit, my skin just spitefully makes oil) and moisturize EVERY DAY.

simpleskincarescience.com/dehydrated-skin-moisture-barrier-acne-fix/

Beat me to it.

make your own ultra skin moisturizer .

Castor Oil
Liquid Vitamin e
Tea Tree Oil
a little bit of Lavender oil
Coconut oil.

got any moisturizer suggestions? i've tried using oil free shit and everything but it always seems to just make me break out more

Attached: 1520363137053.png (1809x1231, 49K)

You have oily dehydrated skin. You're producing a lot of excess oil but your skin isn't retaining water.
Your oil is a barrier that is supposed to prevent water in your skin from evaporating. But for whatever reason your skin isnt hydrated. You might be over washing your face, or you need to start using a better moisturizer.

Might seem counterintuitive but stop washing your face with soap for a while and just use a good moisturizer.

Read my link even if you don't have acne. I like Cerave moisturizing cream since it has a lot of ceramides which might help.

You can try making a light mask of Vaseline before bed as well.
>small dab on palm
>rub it together vigorously until it feels really hot
>quickly rub it all over the face
Vaseline is an occlusive, it does not clog pores it sits on top of your skin.

I would try this routine
>gentle cleanser (anything that doesn't break you out) once a day in the morning or skip the cleanser all together
>moisturize in the morning and before bed with something like Cerave Moisturizing Cream or whatever you find with the ingredients that help
>optional: sunscreen since that moisturizer I keep shilling doesn't have SPF
>Vaseline mask before bed, after your moisturizer

Anyone dealing with keratosis pilaris? I've tried regular moisturizing + scrubbing which didn't help and then tried lactic acid lotion which didn't help either.

Cerave a shit with parabens.
Try CosRx honey ceramide cream.
Or just check cosdna. I say avoid obvious irritants but also hyaluronic acid unless you live in a very humid climate.

Attached: icantevenrelatetoyou.png (1570x595, 1.21M)

>parabens
Then get the baby cream from CeraVe since that's paraben free if you can't find that CosRx shit

toleraine ultra is the best moisturizer i've ever used

i have extremely sensitive skin, had cystic acne years ago, a few scars, used accutane, now skins very dry

i used to use cetaphil for about 7 years, but as i was doing cardio + swimming which meant sweat, chlorine, 3+ face washes a day along with glycolic acid products and retin A, my skin was burning like mad

toleraine was great, but i'll probably go back to cetaphil as toleraine ultra is like 40$ for a dinky tube

Does anyone else have an oily nose?

What are possible causes? How did you resolve it?

I stopped drinking milk and am including kimchi and yougurt into my diet in case it's a gut bacteria issue. Im still bulking though so could it be because I'm taking too much protein? Guide me with your wisdom, fit.

Routine if needed:
I use sunscreen in the morning (spf 55)
I moisturize (gel not lotion) 2x a day after bathing
I use a cleanser at night during bathing
I use exfoliate with a BHA and BHA 2x ea on separate days

Attached: F19C3DFD9750479E9D449EDB0745B8BC.jpg (1080x1213, 78K)

eczma/psoriasis raed reporting in
i wish i could use any thing without my face going fight or flight mode

anything Jow Forums knows to help with that?

Can confirm, mine has an orange label though.
Excellent stuff.

Attached: 1539111831614.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

What products do you guys recommend that would get rid of the acne on my back

These are all great.
Except they're illegal in Australia.

This lump just grew on the bridge of my nose literally within a matter of minutes. It's got the circumference of a pea, and it's like a raised part of the skin. What should I do?

Wait it out, I guess. Try not to touch it

I was reading a skincare thread on r/askmen, and it seems like the vast majority of guys wash their face with a soap or bodywash and then don't follow it up with a moisturizer.

How is this even possible? Even the gentlest soaps and cleansers I've ever used cause my face to by dry, red, and flakey.

rate my routine lads
>morning workout
>wash face and body w/ cetaphil
>moisturizer

>nightime
>wash face w/ cetaphil
>moisturizer

>every 4 days
>use witch hazel

>after fastfood job
>wash face w/ warm water
>moisturizer

Attached: tumblr_inline_oieempjyMO1qfs3tu_500.jpg (500x495, 79K)

What do I do for pic related?

Attached: IMG_6536.jpg (633x988, 65K)

Soap on your face? Wtf?

take zinc picolinate

literally nothing you can do
'skincare' is fucking bullshit
no amount of products/diet will fix shit genetics

It seems like a bunch of guys do that. My best guess is that women are always trying to find "that perfect moisturizer" meaning it's kind of horse shit

Well if you read enough of these threads you should already know your skin has practically no connection to your diet. Kimchi is based though. Oily nose is natural, you can't spot reduce it so if it's really bad just dab it with a face cloth a few times a day.

Because they don't want to be "gay," and have no idea what they're talking about. It definitely gives them dry, scratchy skin they just don't admit it. These are the type of people to buy pic related but call exfoliation gay.

If you care about not looking like a farmer in your 30s, do it right or not at all.

It's natural in oily skin types. You can't do anything about it.

Actual eczma you want to go see a dermatologist for. Dermatologists are kind of memes for acne vulgaris, unless you are just going to beg for a Accutane prescription, but chronic skin conditions are more up their alley.

"The perfect moisturizer" for women is like the "perfect split" for men. They're trying to minmax their favorite vanity project but they're not all that different from each other as long as you stick to one. There's nothing wrong with moisturizer, that and sunscreen are the two most useful products for anyone.

Attached: GUEST_5a0f2dbe-4741-4410-a0cb-00214d402fb6?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg.jpg (488x488, 43K)

my gf used to use this one and she was really happy with it aswell

doesn't reduce redness too much but keeps skin nice and clean and doesn't clog pores

Been using pic related for about a week, my skin is absolute shit, it's that pissy combination bs and doc always tells me to use cetaphil but I find using cetaphil around shower time is good but pic related is good is the time of the day I don't have a shower

forgot pic kek kms

Attached: BTFC050.jpg (700x700, 123K)

What hyaluronic acid serum with vitamin C shold I even buy? The products don't seem any different aside from the 40% variation in the price. Do I go for most reviewed ones?

reddit: the cream