When will you know you've "made it"

For me its when I:
>have a beautiful wife who loves and respects me
>have several children to raise
>live on my land out in the country to do /out/ stuff with my family
>have a strong healthy body to be proud of
>have a strong bond with Jesus

Attached: wojackatpeace.png (1293x1293, 1.61M)

>>have a strong bond with Jesus
>tfw not stupid enough for religion

When I've railed enough tinder sluts that I no longer feel like a failure of a man.

Out of curiosity, why do you think religion is stupid?

Attached: Jesus.jpg (194x260, 8K)

When I finally die. That's when I'll be done.

Brother, sluts will not make you whole,you're worth more than that, believe me

Attached: wojackcontent.png (645x773, 5K)

I pray you find happiness before than, brother

If you genuinely believe /anything/ out of traditional religious, I can't have this conversation. As for the community or spiritual aspects, there are alternatives that don't require you to deal with or support the religious bullshit.

The messiah was supposed to bring world peace and no one was supposed to have to ask who God was anymore as told in the book Jeremiah. Like literally God would write his law and himself into everyone's hearts and if you asked anyone in the world even those Senegal dudes that killed the missionary kid who God was, everyone would know. So.... why has none of this happened if Jesus was supposedly the messiah? Oh....don't bring up his second coming either, there's NOTHING in the old testament about the messiah dying and coming back, it's a Christian escape hatch for why none of those things were fulfilled when he was alive. People were doubting his messiah hood and then the second coming bull crap spread around. Sorry man, worshipping Jesus is pagan idolatry and you'll burn in hell for doing that.

Yeah, but basically everything you will suggest is filled with the very things that nearly all religions that aren't just huge debauched powerplays warns us against.

If you specifically dislike organized religion I agree, theyre institutions, Jesus didn't preach in a church

I’ll have made it when I’m 205lbs at 10%, and either have gotten rich or am situated in a career I enjoy. I’d like to be famous but it’s not the end of the world if I never am. As of now I don’t want a wife or kids, but I hope one day that changes. It’s mainly me being only 23 and also fearing ever trusting another woman.

I mean, I oppose any claim that a particular human was ever a messenger or manifestation of a higher being. That's such a load of nonsense. I oppose anybody telling me anything at all about what to believe

Jesus said to spread the word, if god were to make everyone know of him why would he say that? God giving us the will to choose our own path also seems to point away from him making everyone believe in Jesus. As for the old testament thing, Jesus fulfilled the old prophecies and new ones were made when he said he'd return. Also the old testament is tricky due to Demiurge influence.

I respect your will, but why is it nonsense, from a purely materialistic view of the universe I can see how one would be doubtful, but why is the world only material, and not occupied by some Higher being? Nobody can force you to believe anything, but keep your mind open brother.

I feel that, its hard to find the right one these days, shes out there for you though

Not that guy, but I'll answer. Specifically Christianity, have you read Bible? From start to end? I have. In the first chapter Genesis: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Now if you look at the beginning, it's painfully obvious that this is written millenıums ago by random dudes. How is it conceivable that universe began with rocks and water, THEN came the light (stars, etc.) God creates specific rivers of Euphrates, Tigris, Pishon, etc. all are in Middle East, but no information about other parts of the world. As Bible goes on, one realizes that it's just Middle Eastern people gathered myth and written it down.

For all religions in general: as mankind discovered that he had intelligence of its own, he tried to make sense but there was no science. ALL people's most ancient religion is animism. In ALL stone age religions, people thought that everything in nature has soul, even rocks. Then came polytheism. Then religions changed; Western and Middle eastern people turned from polytheism to monotheism.

If you look at a great extent, all religions are there because of existential crisis of mankind. An answer to questions unknown. Giving a meaning to our hollow primate lives, that is going to end one day.

About God's existence, I'm not sure, agnosticism is best way to go.

If you doubt the veracity of any of the canonized old testament you are a heretic. Jesus vouched for all of it.The messianic age is a, once it starts that's it type of thing. Once the messiah shows up all of the prophecies come to pass and God comes back for his people, it's not a "process". I'm warning you brother, worship of Jesus is the most dangerous idolatry there is, it's satan in sheeps clothes. The beauty of Jesus's message and his love for God is overshadowed and the hellenistic Greek pagans turned him into a God because that's what they were used to. Please man, repent.

When I have reached a state of self-respect and self-efficacy.

>God giving us the will to choose our own path also seems to point away from him making everyone believe in Jesus.

How about eskimos who lived 1000 years ago? They didn't know Christianity, they were not baptised. Did they went to hell after they died?

>why is the world only material, and not occupied by some Higher being?
I never said that. but I think it's totally absurd to buy into the claim that IF there is a higher being, that it bears any resemblance to the christian god or any other religion's deity, or that it really has any particular connection with humanity or life on earth at all. funny you say to keep my mind open, if anything I think that religious folks are the more narrowminded ones with their ridiculously anthropocentric view of existence

That's the thing man, if Jesus was truly the messiah THEY WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT GOD WITHOUT ANYONE

Jeremiah 31:34
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

This is a messianic prophecy which HAS NOT BEEN FULFILLED. If he was messiah it would have happened then and there in his lifetime. The return of Jesus was a way for him to have made promises and then not be called a liar, because "he'll do it when he comes back" his followers put that in there when people started questioning things

Ive read the whole thing yes, but I've never taken the origin myth as literal, or at least not 1:1 with God's actual process of creating the world
Could you explain the reasoning here? Do you want me to convert to Judaism? What evidence is there that Jesus is satan?
People who were never given the chance to know Jesus are given mercy

When I can respect myself for the things I've achieved.
When I've finally found the happiness that's been taken from me, or more likely I've just lost it.
When I have a girl to share meaningful experiences with.

I've been feeling more depressed than ever Anons. I kind of want to travel the world and just forget the robot life I'm having.
There's really nobody to lock me down where I'm at now, and I kind of want it that way. So I'd be free to move around.
The only problem is money and taking the 1st step.

Attached: 1541920601006.jpg (842x483, 140K)

I will never make it

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-28-21-35-10.png (720x683, 458K)

Judaism. If you want. I'm not saying Jesus was satan FAR FROM IT. there are teachings attributed to him that a Torah observant Jew wouldn't have even thought of. Jesus and his ministry were hijacked and corrupted, Paul, the Greeks and Romans turned him into God. Jesus is innocent but his image and teachings are being used to turn people away from God by convincing them that HE is God. It's a genius trick if you think about it. Make people think they're following God and have them all break the 1st commandment while they do it, a work of machiavellian art really.

I've already made it
>At dream college
>pursuing dream career
>qt3.14 shorty I'm pursuing relationship with
>Still best bros with childhood best friend
>Loving family
>Large and varied friend groups
>Ottermode
>Therapy biweekly to ensure my mental health doesn't slip and reflect on events since last session
>Wide variety of hobbies to always have something to engage in (Record collecting, music creation, nature exploration, etc.)
And best of all...
>My dog loves me to the point where he won't let anyone but me take him on walks
We can all make it but you have to be realistic about what is within your grasp. Never forget that "making it" isn't the same for anybody, "making it" is being content with what you've accomplished and who you've become.

>I've never taken the origin myth as literal
Except that people historically have taken religious texts as literal. It's just this ever shifting of the goalposts, anytime humanity acquires some new irrefutable knowledge or understanding of the world that contradicts the bible, people go
>well obbbbbviously its metaphorical

>People who were never given the chance to know Jesus are given mercy
It's not a fucking binary thing, holy shit. What if you had a bible in your house but nobody ever told you about it? What if your parents once mentioned god and then never talked about it again? What if your parents told you about god, but were athiests and then ridiculed the idea?

>pursuing dream career
>while in college
my sweet summer child

>but I've never taken the origin myth as literal, or at least not 1:1 with God's actual process of creating the world

So which parts should we take literally? When Jesus heals blind men or cure leprosy or when God rains fire and brimstone over morally corrupt heretic cities? If your whole idea is respect the Creator, be good to your neighbors, don't act evil; then why need religion in the first place?

You were born in a Christian majority nation. If you were to born in Iran, you'd be Shia Muslim. If you were born in Japan, you'd be Shinto.

Pic related is what I'm talking about. Mankind created religion to 1) cure existential crisis, 2) give meaning to phenomenon which are unexplainable in that historical age 3) have a list of moral conduct

Attached: 85acb7827abdbd83b2580f173ee2e784.jpg (1318x912, 1.49M)

I'll have made it when I'm no longer shackled to a job to make someone else money. Once I'm financially independent, I'll be free.

Im not saying it didn't happen Im merely saying that God's power is beyond our understanding and I think his creation process was probably more complicated than a page of text could do justice to. Also I know its not a binary thing, I just dont know what God's metric is, probably case to case
>If i were born somewhere else, I would be exposed to other systems of belief
How does this make Jesus a fraud? And I dont think everybody else is wrong, theyre all trying to find God, I think there's some truth in every religion, Jesus has just come the closest to pure truth

When I first started to plateau, I got desperate and went into Bulgarian training. Essentially, I hit PRs pretty much every single day. To this day my bench press has never been higher than back then. But my other lifts have superseded it since.

I legitimately felt like a king back then. I carried myself around like I owned the fucking street I walked on. Maybe it was all in my head, but I swear girls payed more attention to me. I even had a few initiate conversation with me, and that definitely wasn't in my head.

I wound up hurting myself pressing every day. That style of training just isn't possible for me anymore. I haven't felt that confident and amazing since. I wish I could go back. I don't know of any alternatives. But for me, those few months were the months I had made it.

Attached: 1548380600177.jpg (836x543, 111K)

>Jesus has just come the closest to pure truth
explain

When I stop giving a fuck about girls.

your explanation of reality is so much more arbitrary and convoluted than it needs to be, and for literally no reason other than that someone told you so

probably this

Attached: 1548615510198.jpg (2048x1726, 138K)

> have a beautiful wife who loves and respects me.

Sorry, women aren’t capable of love. But as long as you can protect, provide, and make her pussy wet she will stay with you.

Attached: AE4B9C57-D0AE-4F93-89C9-E313E4182CCA.jpg (960x902, 99K)

Sexual health general isn't up so this is the only thread even remotely applicable to my question. On my life I swear this isn't a LARP.
On Saturday I have multiple tinder hookups scheduled. If I included exactly how many, you guys would dismiss my post as bait. All I ask is how to get it up once I get into the later dates. Would a shower between each one help with that? Do I drink few glasses of whiskey over the course of the day, or would that kill my hard ons?
I promise I actually need this advice.

Attached: a place beyond belief.jpg (2048x1152, 624K)