Personal bests

G'day lads

Been at it for 7 months now, had a post on here the other day asking about deadlifts and you guys got me motivated!

Just smashed out 3 sets of 3 reps @ 200kg diddys. I wouldn't have done it if it wasnt for you guys telling me to do better. Cheers lads

Anyone else pushed a PB lately that they are proud of?

Attached: 20190208_122443.png (1440x1151, 2.34M)

I managed a 1rm of 355lbs today, but my grip was failing so I bought some straps. I also managed a full set at 315. So there's that.

t. 6.0" 100kg 32yo btw

How the fuck do you progress on deadlift? I'm absolutely garbage at it I can bench lmao2pl8 for 5 reps paused and struggle lifting 2.5pl8 DL for 5

6'1 160 - deadlifted - 1 set of 12 - 140lb

I'm eating all I can

Sorry m8... But why are you not locking the pl8s together like they are designed for? Do you enjoy looking like a toddler who can't figure out a simple 2pc puzzle?

that's absolutely not what they're designed for, those little canyons are there so you can grip them when you need to pull weight off from the bar

Add weight.
Whatever you did for 5 last week, add 5 lbs. That's +2% weight. You should have no problem doing that for a while.

Obviously I have been adding weight, I know what progressive overload is. It's just not working an no matter how much I deload or what I try, nothing ever changes

Sound mental. You're telling me that you can do 275*5, but not 280*5?

Could care less about the 6mm gap between pl8s m8

stop speaking like a fucking weirdo

Yes? What sort of logic is that? You could just go to infinity with that thought process, there's a line somewhere

I'm Aussie, you faggot. That's how we speak

do you do much hypertrophy work on deadlifts? it helps break through plateaus if you add it in I find

>trap bar

Attached: 1547543038545.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

I've lifted on and off for about 6 years. When I fall off I fall off hard, like not lift for a year and gain 40lbs. I just did that, except I still went rock climbing a few times a week.
Started lifting again a month ago. My maxes on legs are higher than they've been since I tore my ACL in college for some reason and I'm fucking stoked. It's like i had a mental block for 5 years.
>OHP: 135 x 1 (got it tonight, right before I left)
>bench: 225 x 3
>squat: 295 x 1
>diddly: 365 x 2
Feels so fucking good to be moving decent weight. I've also lost 9lbs in January.

Attached: 1548956873800.png (450x407, 235K)

I personally make the best progress doing no more than 10 reps. Right now i do 5x2 working my way up ~45 lbs at a time to a 2 rep max once per week. Getting a strong squat helps a lot to break through a diddy plateau.

Yes, there's a line somewhere. And that line is not at 2.5 pl8. So your problem is mental, and a Swahili hunting moot isn't going to fix that.
Quit being a bitch and lift 280.

Did 3x3 365 lbs behind the back deadlifts today, doing them for the second time ever, feels amazing.
Decided to add these and jefferesons to my training after watching Bugenhagen, need to hit 4 pl8s conventional asap for reps.

I prefer it, with the straight bar I'm always hitting my knees and I feel as though I round my shoulders off, I dont get any if those problems with the trap bar

Nice one, user. Love you positive vibes!

>trap bar
>strap weenie

Attached: F755C59A-C13E-4139-B27A-C2892597EFEF.jpg (625x626, 51K)

Thank you, user.

Ikr my grip strength is fucking terrible! Any suggestions on how to get a stronger grip?

Lift without straps, Use chalk.
also
>handles up

Okay I'll give the chalk ago. Theres no way I could lift that weight though without straps.
>handles up?

Post body

I squatted 465 two weeks ago.

DL for volume. Do 5x10 at 50% of your working sets (or whatever you can hold without straps) double overhand and you'll feel it working.

Trap bar handles are up, making ROM shorter. Turn them down and grab the part level with the plates to get the bottom of the lift involved.

Attached: SQ465PR.webm (270x480, 2.06M)

Thanks brah.
Just got to my GFs and had a big ass bowl of homemade chicken miso soup and a backrub. We are all gonna make it.
Next week I'm getting my 3pl8 squat.

Attached: 1548820784612.png (1151x767, 1.17M)

Fuck! Nice work, user! Big lift and great form. I'm only pushing 160kg for 3x5 atm, but I'm working on it.
No worries, will give that a shot, and will flip the bar next time for larger rom. Cheers!

Tfw no gf to make me homemade soups and backrubs.

Positive vibes all the way mate.
I think positive mentality is key to success! We are gonna make it, user. Keep up the good work!

Larger ROM feels better anyway user, you'll get it.

And it's not all sunshine and roses, the GF was actually crying when I arrived due to budget and grad school stress. I've got to be a rock and a provider for her, so lifting and rock climbing is the outlet for my stress so i can calm her when she needs me.
>tfw need broader shoulders to carry her feels and mine
The soup is delicious though, some miso with chicken does wonders.

lad, you did trap bar dl
220kg
the bar has mass
assuming that bizarro trap bar weighs the standard 20
might be 15 because of that missing part

>lowbar
Nah nice form user. Next time post it so we can actually see the weight though.

Nobody counts the weight on the bar though, do they?

My feet are fucked up and deformed, hasnt interrupted my squat but deadlift always fucking sucked dick until i tried the trap bar and it literally changed everything for me. No shame in my game because i found a way to make gains

You have reached the end of NLP, it’s time to start introducing volume. Look into Barbell Medicine if you’ve been doing something like starting strength or stronglifts so far.

>tbar
>straps

I bet both your form and forearms are shit.

Attached: hyperlipidemia fat fit.jpg (800x1131, 195K)

Of course you count the bar, Olympic bars are 20kg.

>diddys
>meme bar
yeah, no

Holy fuck those lipids are thicc

Doesnt Trap bar allow you to do like 50 kg more than conventional?

imagine doing deadlifts where you don't have to use your back.
wild

Nice

Heavy pause squats