Poorfag here, is planet fitness really that bad? for $10 a month its extremely tempting

poorfag here, is planet fitness really that bad? for $10 a month its extremely tempting

Attached: planetfitness.jpg (800x600, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AKQOavZo9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I too am interested bump

If you want to get strong then pay an extra 10-20 bucks and go somewhere good. If you want somewhere to go and do jack shit just so you can feel like you are doing something then sure. Save the money and go to PF.

What's the difference? I have a PF bout to open up within running distance from me soon

It's great. for 10$ a month I get to eat more than 10$ worth of pizza.
I don't lift there, tho. I go to a real gym for that.

even if i had a planet fitness near me, i wouldnt go just because id be known as some faggot who works out at planet fitness
also too many normies and fatties. i like to be mogged by every other guy in the gym just for the motivation

Attached: 1514493516873.jpg (673x586, 27K)

They don't have power racks, barbells or even heady dumbbells

He's just being a funny guy.
If the weights and machines there fit your lifts and routine then do it until you've maxed out the existing weights (which won't happen fast).
If you feel a need to grunt like a retard and be around meatheads and juicers then go to a "real gym".
Casual lifters who aim for ottermode can do well on PF

So it's okay for starter shitter is what you're saying, right? Just don't sign up for a long term membership?
Anybody here fuck with anytime fitness? (I think that's the name) also have one of those very close to me and it may be efficient as fuck considering my sched

PF is fine. I recently finished a one-year membership and went from DYEL to defined DYEL.

Shittiest things about PF I've found are:
>no bench press
>no squat racks
>in retrospect the weights are lighter in PF than in the "real gym" I go to now. As in a 35 lb dumbell feels heavier at my current gym than it did at PF.

He's correct.

I pay 45$ for a shitty saussage fest gym the size of a foot massage clinic.
But these are the prices in my country.

You have great deals state side.

I would go for it as a starter. Expect to see a lot of boomers and fat middle aged women

Do your thing and leave, ten bucks a month is incredible compared to the gym prices ive seen.

I go to a canadian version of planet fitness, only difference is theres no lunk alarm or pizza day. The gym is really nice though especially at 10 bucks a month.

I mean kinda. Compound movements are always the best way to get strong. And meatheads that grunt and drop weights are almost always cool dudes who are knowledgeable and willing to help out a newbie.

Good for beginners
Some of the workers don’t sound the lunk alarm if you can do above average lifts and you can even mog almost everybody there
Definitely go somewhere else after 1 month or 2

How is fit4less? I'm in Totonto should I expect a lot of pajeets and old people?

I'm unironically considering getting a Planet Fitness membership. Not to lift there of course, they don't let you lift. Hear me out anons.

There happens to be one otw back from my real gym and I'm almost done with this cut. They are $10 a month and part of their business model is they serve food to all the fatfucks twice a month. One day is pizza, one day is bagels. They have never mentioned a limit to how much you can have, I doubt the fatfucks have any restraint anyway, and even if there was a limit I don't think anyone would actually try to stop me. I plan to stop by and just carb load the fuck up. I'm fairly certain as a 6'2, 200lb man I can eat well over $10 worth of pizza and bagels split into two sittings. I actually think if I really went for it I could smash 3-4 of the medium pizzas they usually order. On the bagel day I think I could down somewhere between 8-13 bagels, depending on how heavy the spread is. The best part is they have a quart of whole milk to wash it down next to the bagels (I think it's for the coffee but who gives a shit).

So lowball estimate 2 pizzas and like 10 bagels with spread and half a gallon of milk for $10 is a great fucking deal.

Attached: 1497833167784.jpg (600x645, 63K)

fuck I loved fit4less...only reason i left becasue my new job gave a discount to LA fitness for $25/month

How much is LA gym regularly

Not really, depends on what you're doing. If you're just trying to lose weight and stay in decent shape the dumbell's go up to 80 pounds, the cable machines go up to 300. They have most machines there, the only thing they don't have are free weight barbell stuff. So I mean if you don't mind a smith machine it's really okay. Especially at the price.

$45/month + $100 initiation fee. it's filled with mad amount of milfs and stacy's

The one I go to is very nice. Bunch of machines/weights/benches and the people who go are usually reserved , do their thing and dip.

You probably will find the "low income" crowd going to fit4less but no one really gives a shit who you are.

It is a great gym. But it differs from gym to gym, like my buddy goes to a different one and said its missing some machines/equipment.

Just go to crunch same price and they have everything you need

>the Chad lunk
>his voracious appetite makes other diners less self conscious
>even plays along like a sport when impromptu eating contests erupt in his proximity
>nobody has ever seen him do a single rep of any exercise, just lucky genetics I guess
>swigs warm coffee creamer in between chomps (others try it later when they think they're not being watched)
New goal bros

>would you care to accompany me to the pizza party?
>not until i get my reps in

Kek

The reason people dislike pf is bc of the attitude they have and message they send. They try to appeal to people who are too far gone, resolutioners, and people who dont actually want to put in effort and get better. They generally frown upon serious exercise, such as a dude deadlifting 4 plates and grunting loudly. Not exactly a motivating environment for someone with a pair of balls who wants to get strong

The Crunch that I go to has Olympic platforms. The only large gym in my area that has them. So that's a plus once I reach that level.

If I was into running I'd get PF membership for somewhere to run in the winter when it was cold.
I would just run outside the rest of the year.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AKQOavZo9c

I was gonna say.... the weekly pizza bullshit pays for itself. They give away gains.

Pizza Monday in BBRRAAPPTTOONN

I got the Blackcard for $25/month because I'm cutting, I go jog on the treadmill then do 4x12 slow reps on machines and flex a cep on QT Latinas. Then a 7 minute meme hydro massage. I have my old gym membership for when I do strength workouts instead of maintenance, basically 3x week at PF and 2x week at barbell gym. Since you're a self admitted poorfag (been there before, be strong bud) I recommend PF for $25/month, there's free haircuts too so you can avoid looking poor, it'll help your confidence.

Black Card membership**** my bad

Go to fit 4 less instead, even cheaper (10 cad a month instead of 15 cad a month for pf) and they have racks and heavy weight.
Sometimes they're actually really nice gyms with lots of equipment and space.

Holy shit I thought all the stories about "Lunk Alarms" and "judgement free zone" signs were memes. It's REAL.

Attached: 636511123683338298-IMG-5890-1-.jpg (3200x1680, 958K)

It's great for a starter. You can even do SS at the one near me because it has a squat rack, granted the bar is auto-stabilized but if you're a neverlift, that's not necessarily a bad thing because you can focus on the rest of your form while your body does its recomposition bit.

Try to coordinate your first deload with either a better gym membership at a place that has a proper squat rack or a home gym.

getting more people to do more exercise in the united states will never be a bad thing

stay needlessly bitter, cortisolbro

I wonder if the people who came up with that lunk sign understood the irony.

No barbells. Dumbbells only go up to like 50-60 (some places less or more). People who camp on machines and act retarded. They serve PIZZA and have bowls of fucking candy. It’s a decent place to start if you’re very new to fitness since there’s cardio out the ass. Massage chairs and tanning is cool. They’re literally everywhere so $20 you’ll always be able to find an open place to lift. Some places have decent staff and maybe one power rack but those are outliers. Also gay lunk alarms and their shitty purple color scheme bugged me during lifts.

Also if you have AAA for your car, you don’t have to pay the initiation fee. They have a ton of great perks a lot of people aren’t aware of besides the roadside service.

>judgment free zone
>judges if you want to lift heavy or use barbells

It's a meme by DYEL faggots to feel their extra spending is worth it. Weights are weights.

Unless you’re a bedroom bully who needs a reliable gym all across the US, it’s pretty much worthless. Also, sidenote, if you’re homeless it’s a great deal. $10 a month is cake if you’re panhandling and they have a bathroom, shower and give away free food to members. So to answer your question, no.

all memes aside they don't have barbells or weights above 60lbs. if you're starting out you won't learn proper form of compound movements and if you're advanced you won't have dumbells your weight. i guess it's fine for someone a year in to where they got form down and aren't strong enough for 60+

$10 a month is outstanding OP, go for it, if you start taking weights and shit really seriously you'll find the funds to upgrade. Go for it.

>$10
Jesus that's cheap.
Most gyms here do ~$100. They're real embarrassed about that, too, always trying to get you there in person because they know you're going to balk.

just looking at planet fitness fills me with dread.
i dont know what it is, but theres something unsettling about the place.

>a 35 lb dumbell feels heavier at my current gym than it did at PF

huh?