Was there ever a time that you couldn't lift the barbell anymore while bench pressing and you didn't have a spotter?

Was there ever a time that you couldn't lift the barbell anymore while bench pressing and you didn't have a spotter?

What do you even do at this situation?

Attached: bench-press-tips_jacked-guy-benching.jpg (700x467, 44K)

Roll of shame or dump the plates

Ya die.

I don't need a fucking spotter. I need a life insurance policy.

This happened to me. Long story short I basically had to scream as loud as I could. What happened next was extremely embarrassing

The jocks took advantage of your pinned state and had turns cramming 2.5 lb plates into your tight pink shitoris?

Same except I lost my shit and started screaming about how I shat myself thinking it would make me feel less embarrassed about getting stuck with the bar and how the fitness trainers would try to be discreet on helping me. Obviously I never went back to that gym

Roll them off you. Fucking canes in the morning.

Don't use clips if you're doing a PR.

roll of shame

Try to hurl it upwards and quickly get your head out of the way

Yes. Roll of shame.

>shitoris
My Sides.
Don't do this.

Roll it off while your organs get crunched by the weight of your barbell and shame and then awkwardly deadlift it off of your knees

Then clean and jerk it into the air while you slowly walk it over to the bench and follow up with a slow and controlled barbell curl negative to return the bar to its starting position.
Then follow up with 4 more to complete a full set

You don't use collars, tip the barbell to the side, dump the plates, be free.

Just call for help. I got stuck with lmao1.5pl8s and had to ask the nearest cardio bunny to help me get it off. She even spotted me for another set and I got her a shake from the brotein bar afterwards. We're still friends.
Shit happens, it's embarasing for a bit, but it's not even the worst that can happen to you at the gym.

noooooooooooooooooooo

just loudly call out "spot, spot". Someone will get you senpai. When they do, say thanks and move on. If not, then roll of shame it is.

Just lower onto your neck and let the survival adrenaline take over.

I push the hardest I ever have in my life.

Just move out of the way

Rest bar on face till I recover and finish rep

Why isnt it the norm to bench with safeties?
But yeah, other then that just roll of shame

Roll of shame m8, not that hard

well, what happened

>what happened next...
did you just try to clickbait in a turkish chicken plucking forum?

kek

Yep. I never put clips on. I shake it off every time it happens. Kinda embarrased when a trainer ran up and helped me one time

Always. Just try to hit the second set of pegs.

Although one time
>do bench
>haven't benched in a while
>somein' really fucked up
>lose absolute control of the bar
>would have slammed down on my throat
>based forearms direct 245lbs onto my chest to where it rests
>lose a few plates on one side and feel the bar squeezing my damn heart.
>it legit starts beating slower for 10 seconds
>manage to keep it straight and work the bar up
>based African American bro helps me out
>look to my right and see to Mexicans watching that entire thing 5 ft away.

Idk I wasnt mad about them not helping. I never really get mad about anything. I just wish that they helped

Attached: 1532024577187.jpg (750x696, 358K)

Load the save

>What happened next will SURPRISE you...

Uh, don't you guys just lift your ass off the bench to apply extra compensatory strength?

>realize i can't get the bar all the way up
>try to lift the bar to the safety thing
>don't have the power to do it
>bar falls on my neck
>think i'm going to die
>manage to push the bar to the floor

I have taken bench pressing very easy after that.

Attached: 1530094203823.png (657x527, 51K)

I always use pic related whenever I'm lifting by myself, don't have to worry about anything has saved me a few times.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>Was there ever a time that you couldn't lift the barbell anymore while bench pressing and you didn't have a spotter?
Yeah, when I was like six years old.

I get always just enough juice to get it if I lift my ass of the bench and push with my legs more but it hurts my lower back, so it is my pain to bear for failing.

I did the roll of shame. It has only happened once, when I was at the gym at 3am so luckily no one was in there except for the desk guy.

>Get stuck under lmao1.5plates when I was still a dyel
>a dude walks by
>"In a bit of a pickle there mate?"
>"y-yeah, can you help?"
>"Ah, weightlifting... it's a struggle innit? Man rises above himself. Got me a mighty pair of biceps here myself lad, wanna see them?"
>"could you help maybe?"
>"This one's ol Bartholomew, and his friend Mary. It's a girls name but she's like me daughter, so..."
>"..."
>"Well, t'was a good chat lad, take care and don't be getting into trouble with the weights hehe"
>he walks away
>I just roll the bar confused as to what the fuck just happened

Attached: images[1].jpg (248x203, 7K)

Dump the plates or enjoy the crush

Kek

i missed the lower rack on one side and dove forward as the bar came swinging down towards my face. it skimmed the side of my head and i think i might have gotten a slight concussion

I lift at home so I never have a spotter, got pinned down a good couple of times at around 2pl8
really not a big deal, just do the roll of shame its not as difficult/painful as it seems

Fucking kek imagining some dyel shrieking while squirming around

I lower it down as slow as I can onto the safety bars.

Who the fuck attempts bench press without a spotter and without safety bars? Is all of Jow Forums just fucking retarded and trying to self-select out of the gene pool??

Attached: 1522223550732.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

Just rest until you can lift it again

Attached: 1548999937271.png (1795x1795, 878K)

Yeah, I did. Rolled it down my body, stood up, curled it, did a 180 turn and racked it.
Was scared to do bench on the next push day, but the biggest guy in the gym randomly approached me, corrected my form and spotted me on the last set. I guess he saw my roll of shame the week prior.
From now on I don't use clips.

Roll of shame. It’s instinct at this point.

I missed one of the safety pegs one time. The bar ended up going across my face and I had to keep pressing to avoid from getting crushed. Luckily the weights dumped off and I was able to get clear. This cute lifting chick looked over right after I cleared, asked if I was okay, helped me rerack my weights, and told me how she clocked herself with a wall ball the week before. That hurt my ego more then anything else.

Barely ever at a gym with safety bars for bench, don’t trust safety pegs, and sometimes I’d rather trust the roll of shame than anybody there to give me a spot.

>new to lifting
>getting to my last 3x5 set
>not sure if I'll hit it
>had always seen this jacked Asian guy dumping weight on the lower pegs
>decide to go for it
>on my last rep
>not happening
>dump the weight on the second pegs
>only the left side of the bar was high enough
>the right side falls and starts crushing my neck
>try to crawl my way out
>some guy ends up rushing over and saving my life
>I was benching sub 1pl8

the sudden surge of adrenalin allowed me to barely lift it back to safety position.

>using clips on bench press
literally why bother

this tbqh

Worst advice lmao

I'm still DYEL and new to lifting, but given that I'm a bit older and don't have training partners I have resolved to never push myself beyond 80-85% of my capability of compound lifts to avoid this very situation. Does it mean my progress is slower? Yes. But it also means I greatly reduce the risk of injury or killing myself. Marathon not a sprint yo.

pay to the god of death for your sins

Basically you have 3 options
>Spotter - if it's a bro and he knows your needs it's the best option in terms of safety and motivation. If it's a random dude, he will most likely row it of your chest on the first rep, or will help you when you slow down on your last, even if you would have lift it by yourself (that makes my blood boil) - even if you let them now in an advance
>Safety pins - I have been going to 7 big gyms in my city so far and none of them had this shit. What came closest were squat racks with side unmovable pins, which need you to be 5'2 to not affect your range of motion
>Going raw - you either have to perform roll of shame - which gets really hard if you are above 2.5pl8, not to mention you can injure yourself if you will brace incorrectly, or you have to tilt one side of a bar to let plates slide of, which only works if you don't have clips on. Or you have to scream for help, which, if you have at least some dignity, will make you leave the gym and never come back

Youll Crush your fucking head

Atleast my gyms bench has these "hooks" on it so once you take the bar off the highest one, start pumping and can't get it back up you can leave it at these hooks that are lower.
But if you cant get it from your chest at all then u fucked

I have a home gym and have only had to dump the plates once. There's a big gouge in my wall from it. I also did the roll of shame once.

The fear of failing a BP set keeps me from increasing weight, unfortunately. I am still sub-2pl8

Yeah, I just twisted the bar to lock it into the smith machine tho

based

Keep your arch tight and spring the bar against your chest to get it down till you can sit up with it. I've done this with over 300lbs without problems

>how to die instantly

what about pushing the bar forward fast and sitting up?

Two guys came for help immediately

I rep 170kg so everyone in the room watches and i dont need to tell anyone to spot

Yeah of course.
Just roll it onto your thighs and stand up, turn around and place it on the rack
Someone will probably run to help as soon as they see you fail though

>>would have slammed down on my throat
>>based forearms direct 245lbs onto my chest
Are you doing guillotine press or what? Bar should be over the chest no matter what. Only over the throat during lockout unracking or reracking
>lose a few plates on one side
>manage to keep it straight and work the bar up
no, what you do there is drop the rest of the plates. Unless if you're in planet fatness, where you can't make a sound (which I'm pretty sure doesn't have barbells beyond smith machines anyway) safety comes first
based boomer

We have 3 pegs here, though the bottom two just get in the way 99% of the time. I usually go for either the middle or lowest if I feel the failing, usually lowest since if I get to where I can rack the middle it's usually the easier part of the rep anyway.
Haven't FAILED failed in awhile luckily, but when I did some guy noticed and lifted it off me maybe 5 seconds after I failed. Probably could have rolled it.
Sucks because this was when I was still benching under lmao1pl8 which was embarrassing.
Every single time I've come close to failing since then I have either asked a random person for a spot or managed to hit the bottom pegs. I'm paranoid now about missing the bottom ones though, because then you'll fucking brain yourself instead of moving the opposite direction towards your chest

Attached: 1523832397363.jpg (750x533, 93K)

>Then follow up with 4 more to complete a full set

Attached: 1548696279320.jpg (800x792, 55K)

Attached: 1544898159056.gif (200x245, 587K)

>Was there ever a time that you couldn't lift the barbell anymore while bench pressing and you didn't have a spotter?
>What do you even do at this situation?

This happens pretty much every time I do bench, as I always have an AMRAP set.
Just roll the bar to your hip and pick it up. Easy.

>Who the fuck attempts bench press without a spotter and without safety bars? Is all of Jow Forums just fucking retarded and trying to self-select out of the gene pool??

If you don't know how to bail a bench press, then you are a retard.
Spotters are retards half the time anyway.

I just let the barbell down. What, don't tell me you actually bench on anything other than a power cage with catchers on the side.

just set it on your lap and sit up, when you have got power again take it off

thats called a smith machine you retard. nice bait

Am I a dickhead if I bench in smith machine specifically to avoid this

>tfw no gym bro

i never have this happen because i lift conservatively on BB bench and follow up with some DB bench, where I go 110%
haven't failed a set of BB bench in years, but I fail with DB bench almost everytime I train push
5x5 BB Bench + 5x10 DB Bench masterrace hehe

Attached: PicsArt_02-08-09.12.18.jpg (1080x1090, 198K)

I’ve never seen someone bench in the smith machine desu

Holy fucking kek

Yep. When I bench pressed for the second time or so
Tried to roll the 30 kg including bar down but struggled. Luckily some dude was nearby and helped me out. Since then I always bench without clips so I can dump the weight. But hasn’t happened since and I never had a spotter

no you're just a pussy

you literally don't need a spooter

>Tried to roll the 30 kg including bar down but struggled

How is this possible

you should be able to lift that off with your pinky

I lift with a pad in front of my bench so that I have a place to drop it after a roll off. I also use less weight for higher reps to make it an easier process. I’m doing 235 for 3x10 instead of 265 for 5x5 even though I care more about strength than hypertrophy. I’ll change it up when a friend lifts with me and I have a spotter.

Attached: B86CE249-8668-4257-BDAA-C80E7D3593C2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.65M)

roll of shame, ill easily take bruises over death.
never happens anyways since i lift alone and have to lift 1-2 reps below my max.

Happen only once, lesson learnt lol, the chad employee noticed straight away and rushed to me from a distance and removed it, not embarrassing pretty normal thing tbqh

based and cagepilled

lower it down on your throat and wait till the pain stop. Then make poo poo.

Attached: Unbenannt.jpg (372x486, 45K)

I just drop it to my chest, leverage the weight off of me, and then get out from under it.

>1x unassisted suicides until failure

This is why you dont use collars
you should be able to keep the plate in place if you have correct form, then you can dump them if you get into trouble

Let the bar fall on the power rack, same as when you're doing squats.

roll it up to just below your neck, then explosively contract your pec muscles, bouncing the bar safely over your head.

What is the worst thing that can happen, user?