>Do 40kg OHP (10kg on both sides + 20kg bar) and do 10 reps without problem
>Do 30kg squat (5kg on both sides + 20kg bar) and struggle with 5 reps

hmmmmm

le monke mode

Luckely my DL (deadlift) is the same as my OHP

benchpress i'm not sure of cause I usually use 20kg dumbells in both hands

sorry?

le monke mode

my bench is the same as my squat. I have tried so many different variations, stances, hand positioning, depth.. I NEVER feel it in my glutes. I have had 3 PTs look at my form and they said it was good.
I stopped squating altogether and have started a stretch routine to help fix my fucked up posture and hips created by years of sitting and bad sleeping habits.

Looking at giving squats another shot in 3 months once my body is ready for it.

listen to me next time :(

le monke mode

>squats
>glutes
Wat

You're squatting wrong.

My bench is higher than my squat because I keep lowering the weight because my form goes to shit below parallel.

Bait?

Cause you fat.

i am at 60ohp and 50kg in squat
also 100 bench and 110DL
Hate fucking leggs

I don't know, are you in a wheelchair perhaps?

No, glutes aren't activated as much as trolls make you believe, that's why if you want bigger glutes you need to hip thrust.

It sounds like you have muscle imbalances. Focus on core work, aim for a dragon flag, start with the captain chair to do leg raises. Also add Romanian deadlifts to improve your hamstrings. You have to squat to improve squats, so deload but increase reps, do at least 12 with light weight (50% of 1RM or less than that)

le monke mode

learn to reed mate

your post is all wrong

squats do activate glutes enough for them to grow. squats + deadlifts trained for strength = all the glute gains a straight male will ever need except for maybe medial glute which may or may not need to be isolated, and hip thrusts do nothing for it

he needs to stretch if he can't get into a proper squat, right off the bat he probably needs to stretch hip flexors. stretching hammies will do nothing by itself.

athlean x has some videos on diagnostic of what is tight and if you need to stretch hammies or what
if I were you I'd start from scratch: stretching and squatting relatively light. currently doing it myself. can't force myself to squat properly unless the weight is so light I can focus on form. pretty gay but what can you do

post legs gay boy

thats ridiculous

you’re squatting wrong or light, no trolling

>ez squat 90kg 3x10
>struggle benching 50 kg 3x8
you know nothing of ex fatty struggles

this whole thread is picture of things to come. nu/fit/ is now weaker than reddit's Jow Forumsfitness. jesus fucking christ. some people in this thread don't even know about glute activation in the squat. wtf.

Attached: 1412662067836.png (400x404, 183K)

Because you're Johnny Bravo

Attached: download.png (215x235, 7K)

Are you paraplegic?

is ur body upside down

le monke mode

Personal trainer here
You're fucking retarded

45 kg bench
110 kg squat

I feel like a pear

he said LE MONKE MODE

this is quite definitely not possible, how do you even more yourself around ?

>Personal trainer here

You're fucking retarded

Ok mr no glutes in squats

reddit needs to get out

Attached: harrison-ford-reddit.jpg (640x426, 157K)

le monke mode

le monke mode user. He said le monke mode.

Is this the correct form for OHP? I usually dip the bar until red line. Maybe that's why I've fucked up both my rotator cuffs

forget image

Attached: ohp.png (700x363, 157K)

Ima fat and my squat is more, rather my ohp is pathetic

Cope, monke. Cope.

youtube.com/watch?v=2yjwXTZQDDI

LE MONKE MODE
Use your fucking eyes, cunt

Imagine coping this hard, monke. Never gonna make it.

I have a home gym and can't do standing OHP because of ceiling height. I've been doing sitting OHP but holy shit its hard and I have little to no gains.

Is sitting OHP harder than standing? Or am I just a weak pussy?

Z press?
I figure it should be around the same difficulty.

I found it to be slightly easier because you don’t have to fight to keep form. With heavy, standing OHP, I have to lock the core up tight to keep from making it a standing incline press. Only hard thing out seated is getting the weight up if you don’t have a rack. With dumbbells, I was at 80, and would have to use my knees to kick them up because there was no way I was curling those.

For me DL>Squat>Bench>OHP

I can improve in DL and OHP but I can't improve much more on the other two,.

I get light headed if I do heavy weights on squats. feels like my brain isn't getting oxygen and I'm not putting the bar on my neck etc. and I try to breathe as much as I can.

My bench fluctuates and I can't seem to go much past 1 plate.

It doesn't help that I've never bulked in my life, still trying to lose weight.,

Hardest part for me is keeping my head straight, need to move it for lifting and it feels natural to use some neck strength

your legs are shit

lern2valsava

You're supposed to start them on top of your pecs, not below them.

You have to move your head back for the OHP to get the bar past your chin. Just make sure to straighten your head after the bar passes your head. Watch like any video on the OHP ever.

I wanna say you start engaging the shoulders when your humerus reaches like 65° from the torso

How do you even get the bar down that far? I usually touch the top of my collarbone, but if I'm doing 40kg+ it starts to bruise the bone so I stop right above it

>squatting at all

help me ye
how do i activate the glutes

>le monke mode

>30kg squat

Attached: 1420090675968.gif (400x226, 608K)

This is kind of the same for me, I've been lifting 6 years but squats have never felt right. I can increase the weight but my legs don't grow from it, I've started doing a leg press / hack squat combo instead

>tfw bench = squat = deadlift

>falling back when squatting
How do you even do this?

what the fuck, how do you OHP 60 without stable core, is that your one rep maxes or training

le monke mode

I guess this

youtube.com/watch?v=QjyHnZnXWKw

just clean it

i can OHP 200 lbs for reps and i clean it from floor to shoulders

When you come out the bottom try leading with your ass. Not so much that you do a good morning but the motion should begin with your ass coming up.

Also do clam shell raise or whatever. Like spreading your legs when you're lying on the side. Instantly cured mine.

Did you start yesterday? Come back in a year and then complain.

try harder next time. you dont have to feel it in your glutes either

yes squats activate the glutes, but it is not a movement where glutes are the focus. if he is squatting with correct form and not feeling super glute contraction it's nothing to worry about..