I hit 4 pl8 deadlift. should i get a belt? all the normies at my gym have belts

i hit 4 pl8 deadlift. should i get a belt? all the normies at my gym have belts.

Attached: 39979217_1802481659868190_8330003221862396064_n.jpg (1080x864, 46K)

Idk, do you want to be another normie at your gym?

get a belt already faggot before you fuck up your back then itll be too late

imagine being this much of a faggot lmfao i cant wait before you go to snap city

First say on 4channel eh?

I used a belt today and I'm in more pain than I have been previously.

I've been weekly going beyond pb, today was 140, and I'm wondering if I shouldn't be going up in weights that fast. What do you rec?

[spoiler]lankelt[/spoiler]

its more important for squats

how many reps are you doing in your top set(s)?

starting w/ 12 reps of 45s then decrease in rep, but increase weight until 6 reps of 140

Clarence Kennedy has never used a belt. Develop your core and lower back and you won't need to use one.

12 reps of *90

Clarence Kennedy roids. Using a belt makes your abs work harder.

just bought this belt, gonna use it for the first time tomorrow. feels good but i might need to get another hole punched into it.

Attached: 81hZe9M-pjL._SX425_.jpg (425x474, 37K)

How much did you splurge? I just bought this one for 30 yurops. Previous one was too large, had to stick a beach towel between it and my core to actually feel it and it was some thin velcro shit. This one looks tough as hell and wearing it, it got square to the middle pair of holes. This one will probably be more or less for lifetime

Attached: file.png (370x400, 137K)

40 bongs

Back 2 reddit onions boy

A belt is always safer.
Don't be a "tough guy" to impress some autists on fit you will never meet in real life anyway.

>not getting a pioneer general leathercraft belt
shiggy diggy

>implying i'm finna spend more than £50 on my first belt

>fiddy dollaridoos min
I'll pass, candyass

No, not necessary.

I lifted for years with gym gear (not drugs gear, real gear) and it took me a long time to stop being reliant on it.

I dl 5 plates beltless. It's much more freeing to be able to go to the gym anytime without worrying about lugging a bunch of crap around.

considering it's a belt that will last forever, it's not exactly expensive
it will also actually break in at some point unlike the other two belts posted which are probably made of absolute shit tier quality leather

I deadlift 1.5pl8 and wear a belt. Will always wear it whenever i deadlift. What do you want? Getting called a normie by some retards on internet or breaking your back because you were afraid of getting called a normie by fatties on Jow Forums?

Sure, but there's like 0% chance you're going to fuck your back at 80kg.

how does one know if they need a belt? what does it even do?

why don't you train your back? im pretty autistic about this, if you can train it, don't cheat. don't rush to lifting 8 pltaes if your grip doesnt keep up, train all your muscles in balance

another dyel here, when would you say it's good to start using a belt?
hitting 2.5pl for 4x4 rn.

If you have to ask, you probably don't need one
What it does is it gives your core muscles something to push against on so they can brace your core better. Instead of the muscle moving both outwards and inwards, it can only move inwards. It does not do the core's job for it. It's not like knee sleeves, which can literally act as a spring taking load off your quads if tight enough
>belts are cheating

You don’t have to be a certain size to use a belt brah. Just get one now and don’t listen to the insecure fags that tell you you’re too weak.

if your other muscles dont keep up, why are you rushing one group ahead and stop training really important supporting group

is there really no downside to it? i'm pretty happy i didn't go for straps earlier or, grip strength feels cool as hell. i'm anxious i will lose out on some unknown gains by using a belt.

i don't mean this as jealous of your lift cheating thing, but in autistic each muscle in peak performance thing

i don't mean this as jealous of your lift cheating thing, but in autistic wholesome thing. your lift is not just your glutes, but also being able to keep hold of the barbell

>I deadlift 1.5pl8 and wear a belt

Attached: 1504015138874.jpg (400x386, 25K)

>snap city
SNAP CITY BITCH, SNAP SNAP CITY BITCH
TEEN TEEN TEEN TWENTIES AND THEM FIFTIES BITCH

I love my weight belt. I resisted it for years but its sooo fu king good

What makes you think belt diddlies don't train your back?
Straps carry some of the weight instead of the hand. The belt only allows the muscles to push harder. If anything, it's better training. Compare flexing your arm to curling a dumbbell. Which is going to train you more?
Yeah, I get it. You're not an elitist, just wrong or memed on

I wear a belt even for my warm-up sets.
I fucked my back up a few years ago and slipped a disc. I will never DL or Squat without a belt, no matter the weight. I don't care if I look like a retard.

belts slightly alter the muscles under tension and will engage your upper back more than beltless but its a fairly trivial difference imo. there are competition fags that dont belt...its literally preference. that being said i do believe its safer with than without

If they need belt, clwarly not enough. Or is it just that its impossible to train enough back to what youre able to lifht diddlies? Or is it just egolifting first, then back training?

aight anons, thanks for the tips. i'll see if i can find a cheap one to try it out.

What makes you think belt diddlies don't train your back?
>implying increasing your belted diddly won't raise your beltless
user, cmon

I need reference, im gonna be left wondering why im quadrule cripple before " i should've used belt" occures in my mind because i dont have points to compare with.

Why not just train so that your back can kerp up? Shortcut would have been more accurate than cheating as term i admit

I bought an Inzer belt, and hoo boy are their sizes large, but it is a damned solid belt. It has only started delaminating a little at the tongue, but I suppose that's to be expected after three years of use, and being rolled up in a gym bag when it's not being used.

Were you talking about autism with the buzzword sense or do you have legitimate autism? I'll spell it out one last time for you
>belts have nothing to do with back strength
>belts help your core brace
>unlike other equipment, they don't help by removing some of the load but by allowing great use of the power, therefore greater overload, therefore better training
I usually put it on around 90kg (I'm 103kg) on either squats or deadlifts. It's probably too early to matter but I have a hernia due to poor coaching and I'd rather be a bit more careful. Besides, the only downside to using a belt for babyweight is looking like a tool and I've seen people in my gym belt up for babier weight so Idgaf

Attached: file.png (500x397, 106K)

You brace by pushing your belly out against it. If your face turns red like a turnip you are doing it right.

im not asking about bettering your egolift, i am asking about training so that your body can keep up without needing assistance devices like straps and belts. are people just rushing ahead, or is there just a point where these are needed and you cant train you back your core to where your glutes and hamstrings can still lift?

I don't mean to disrespect but I think this is DYEL thinking. Why limit your deadlift gains by forearms. Having everything gain strength in tandum is a ideal fantasy.

Use a belt when you feel you need it. I personally started to use a belt around 4plate. But as anotehr user stated belts are only really decent for squats and maybe OHP .

nah I'd rather go raw some fags max without a belt and snap my shit up than take a hit to my ego

dont meant to disrespect, but are you that starved for compliments on a mongolian wrestling bbs?
my body is a temple, every crook and cranny must be maintained, not just the outerior

I recommend proper form above anything else. Do self form checks, constantly ingrain the same pattern in your setup, lockout etc. Practice the Valsalva method without the belt and as long as you can.

I have a 405 1RM and I don’t belt up until around 365. A good rule of thumb is to belt up on your heavy working sets, preferably 80-95% of your max. Just don’t rely on the at starter weights. Proper form and avoiding ego lifting will keep you belt free for a long time.

DL 475
Squat 465

Never used a belt.