/fat/ Drinking tea like a noble

>Who is /fat/ for?
For extremely dedicated rotundos who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss, but use that thread for general questions.

>Read the Jow Forums sticky (redundant in that you should have already but it covers all the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them.
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories.
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate.
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables.
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking.
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, hot chocolate, fancy starbucks shit. forget it.
>be a retard

Previous thread:

Attached: 1506915536328.gif (1162x890, 29K)

who else here /rallyschad/

I don't even know what that is.

You're sweating a lot eh kid? CONFESS

Attached: CONFESS detective.gif (454x521, 105K)

I'm at 1750 kcal today and I'm not hungry, but could probably use more protein.
Do I go over for 2 scoops or do I say fuck it and stay where I'm at? I'm feeling pretty good/full. About to go do some calisthenics after I take a 2 hours nap...

How far down in protein are you?

smelled some irish coffee I swear it was by accident

Yesterday I literally had an internal mental battle as I walked home from work. Do I buy veggies and eat with the chicken at home? Or do I buy peanut butter and bread?
I ended up downing a whole damn jar of peanut butter with a whole bread, eating that shit until I literally felt sick throughout my body.

I need to mentally check that feeling of disgust and sickness whenever I ever fucking doubt whether should I buy shit food or good food. I wish I would have brought those damn veggies.

If you're only like 15-20g below your target protein, fuck it, otherwise get some into you

Book the kid for underage drinking.

If you're craving fats to the point that you'll eat a whole jar of peanut butter get a slightly fattier chicken cut like boneless thighs instead of breasts or tenderloins. It will slow your weight loss down but not as much as bingeing.

>At the gym, talking to lean-as-fuck cardiofag
'Hey, user, I see you in here a lot, working hard.'
>'Yeah, I do six days a week'
'Wow, that's a lot! You training for something?'
>WTF I'm obviously not in competitive shape
>'No, just tired of being fat and weak'
'Oh, did you used to be fat?'

I'm 31 BMI, about 30% bodyfat. By any sane definition, I am still a very fat person, but this kind of made me feel good.

Careful of that hot dog and chocolate donut unless you're into meats in sweets.

I stayed under 2k calories yesterday and I'm gonna do it again today

God, I'm so weak. It'll take months for me to even do push ups.

Just go and do one of the millions of push up progressions until you can do one.
Your eternal enemy wil be the pull up anyways, you just don't know it yet.

I only binge in social situations lately, but coincidentially they've been happening too often these past weeks, so I wanna stop doing it in those situations too.
I'll train myself like a dog if necessary. Any suggestions? A book, an idea to keep in mind everytime I see food? Anything

I don't know. My meals today were 2 sandwiches with meat and cheese, 1 banana and 1 pear (~500kcal), a home made quatro fromaggio pizza (~455kcal), a beef burger with beef, red beet, homemade tomato sauce and mayo, and 150g potatoes (~770kcal).
I'd say I stand at around 100-110 protein. I could easily go for 150. My daily goal is 180 but ya'know, I'm not at home right now, gotta eat what I'm served.

Plug it into your calorie tracker of choice to be sure. It's a cost benefit at this point. Do you want to lose weight a little slower for a little less muscle wastage or vice versa?

It got me thinking, if I have a lot of animal protein for being a fat fuck anyway, why doesn't my body use my reserves to maintain muscle since I obviously use my muscles daily for weight training or the harder calisthenics movements (dips, pullups, L-sits). Like in my situation, I have eaten enough calories for a slow, healthy cut but I haven't managed to hit my protein goal. I am going to use my muscles today so the body will not be forced to canibalize them to sustain itself despite my cut. Won't the body use up the reserves I have for being fat, so that the muscles don't go to waste since they're being stimulated and used daily? Like I get it if you don't train. You cut, you don't train, you lose muscle because unused muscle is harder to maintain for the body and has practically no use.
But I AM using muscles for heavy duty daily.

Do I make sense here?

Had trouble with this for a little while, its something you have to train in small steps. Prepare yourself before sitting down to eat or drink and run mental gymnastics like a madman on the way to the gathering. Objectively put negative aspects of whatever you might be tempted to at the front of your mind and keep repeating it.
"Beer actually tastes like shit, and it pretty much reacts like poison in my body" was all I had to think and it was like something snapped. One that might work for food is envisioning the bloated shotty feeling you'll get from mowing down sugar or junk, then ask if its really worth the 3 minutes of lizard brain mouth arousal. All about repetition. It helps if you can express to someone at the table that you wanna lose some weight so you're cutting that stuff out, if they'll be encouraging. Good luck brah

Yeah, doing a whole body weight routine right now. Pull up are the final boss, but I have this image that most people can do push ups, and not even being able to do push ups from a low table is pretty sad.
Trying my best to improve though.

This user is right as fuck: Look into a book on Neuro Linguistic Programming.

Write down every single thing you eat. It interrupts the decision making process and makes you contemplate whether you really should.
Take up some weirdly restrictive diet, like going vegan, or keto; you won't be able to eat normie food. Give up dairy for a month and you can actually get lactose intolerant, which is handy for avoiding a lot of common food.
Ask your friends to remind you that you are on a diet and to interrupt you when you seem to be eating without purpose.
Find something else to do to pass time when you don't feel comfortable. Isometric exercises, kegels, mewing or something.

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are saying, but you seem to be under the impression that you have a store of protein as you do with fat. That isn't the case.

Went over to gf's parents for dinner last night. Gf's dad said he was going to bbq tri-tip (smallish lean beef roast) so we brought over a salad. He ended up making a costco chicken pot pie. We were both a bit miffed because we told him the night before we were on a diet, but at least we didnt binge and my weigh-in this morning was the same as yesterday.

Eating healthy and working out has improved every aspect of my life. The only bad thing is that now my shit is pretty soft I can’t always tell if I need to shit and it’s like a game of roulette, I haven’t lost yet though.

>rallyschad
can anyone explain the meaning of this

my technique is to write down with the date any incident like this, and then when i'm feeling weak i read back them all
the kick of shame helps quite a bit

I think that happened to me last night. I got a new seasoning and used a shitload of it which had a lot of sodium. I ended up drinking an extra liter of water before bed and today I'm two pounds heavier than yesterday after pooping and I ate 950 calories yesterday and walked 8 miles.

How bad are pita places?
Extreme Pita is the only remotely healthy thing on my college campus and I like to go there for lunch every other day or so. I always get pic related.

Attached: 1549652444967.jpg (1440x1189, 287K)

That's crazy. I don't get the peanut butter addiction but I have other vices so I understand the urges themselves. BBQ chips are my biggest problem since a bag is $1.20 and it's 1600 cal.

Try not to give yourself an option of either/or. Go to the grocery store for one thing and only that, no "maybe some of this." Only get things you set out for and only set out for things that are going to help you lose weight. I had this problem a lot too, I wouldn't have a plan before going to the store so I would just buy what I wanted, along with healthy stuff. That's too impulsive though so it's easy to make poor choices. Gotta make a plan and stick with it, it's much easier to stick with a plan than to make the right choice in the heat of the moment.

Pic related, just looked at my peanut butter and it expired June of last year.

Attached: DSCN1491.jpg (2576x1932, 954K)

I think missing a few grams of protein is pretty negligible. You're not going to notice any differences in strength unless you psych yourself out and that isn't a real loss in strength. I'd rather lose weight.

7kg lost since last month on this date, from 125kg to 118, 193cm.
Based water weight and based 1500kcal + gym.

I kicked the social eating habit by imagining how my friend thinks I'm a disgusting pig demon. If I'm in public or a group, I imagine them snickering to each other about what a waste of breath I am. Now I can't eat around anyone; I have to be alone. And the next benefit was hearing the laughing and insults when I'm alone, which prevents me from binging at home! You gotta really focus in your head and make the voice distinct, like when you think of a celebrity or vidya character's voice, you know what I mean?

Attached: its not delivery.jpg (960x720, 123K)

i ate a tbs of pb and milk,and now just had a slice of bacon. AAAAA

I ate some pork rinds and made myself puke but I'm pretty sure I didn't get them all. I threw the rest out. I heard they were a decent snack for fatties and they are, but I really shouldn't have bought them.

>made myself puke

So you did something retarded by eating them and then decided to get even more retarded?

It's not that bad. I could have still met my goals for today even if I didn't puke them up.

I mean, that's a lot of carbs. See if maybe you can do a salad version or something?

>tell a girl at work i still have a lot of weight to lose
>she say's "do you?!"
feels good man

Attached: 1542312198060.jpg (454x504, 101K)

>23 khv 5'6" m
I've lost weight from 178 lbs to 163 lbs. Previously in the past I even reached 148 lbs but I never got that thin look. What can I do to make my grotesque body less flabby, particuarly my moobs?

I grew up overweight as kid, in college freshman year I became obese which kickstarted me to lose weight. Got down to 148 lbs through a candy diet, they slowly gained it all back over the years. Currently doing IF with no exercise since I lack energy, with maxing at around 1200 to 1600 calories daily, once in a while I fuck up. I avoid junk food and soda.

Will my body type every change? Will it ever become tight? Note that my body was never "round" but just a really fat skinny fat guy.

Attached: body.jpg (1686x2434, 826K)

Thanks. Losing weight is definitely my end goal here, not like I'm expecting much growth without a calorie surplus. I suppose I shouldn't beat myself for not reaching an admittedly retardedly high amount of protein a day (I have my reasons to believe you don't need this absurd amount)

I can get it in a salad, but what's wrong with carbs?

Posting this from my gym bathroom, fatbros. Just finished up 30 mins of cardio, gonna head to the weight room once I’m done taking this mean shit. Are we gonna make it today?

>Currently doing IF with no exercise since I lack energy
Only way to exit skinnyfat life is to exercise. Change to a diet that gives you more energy and start lifting.

you'll probably get hungrier sooner with more carbs and they're very calorie dense

Empty calories you don't particularly need on a cut. So between 500 kcal of things with protein and fats, and 500 kcal of things with some protein and fats and carbs too, the one with carbs is a lesser meal because it's less nutritionally valuable for you on your cut, and carbs on X amount of calories is implicitly less protein and fats.

>taking a shit anywhere else but home
I know someone who's not gonna make it.

>he gives money to the Toilet Paper Jew

>toilet paper
This has got to be a yikes in 2019 famiglia

I think it’s a reference to Rally’s, a popular fast-food restaurant here in the U.S. Also known as Checkers depending on where you are.

>depriving yourself of glucose, the best fuel for heavy lifts and intense cardio
>less nutritionally viable
>carbs
>calorie dense

Ketards OUT
LAST WARNING

Attached: 37C6B4A2169941B28C8ED41EDC36CB8D.png (694x519, 548K)

>made it to 280 finally

Attached: 10294499_693870500651782_7668990564402637278_n.jpg (261x194, 11K)

/swimbro/ here.
Sorry I haven’t updated in a while; haven’t been stepping on the scale in the morning lately. Still on keto and counting calories though.

Hope everyone’s doing well

i'm not a ketard, but i do think carbs should be kept low. particularly refined grains and sugars, refined sugar should be almost non-existent in your diet. they are calorie dense compared to a lot of fruit and veg, and many meats - i really don't think you can dispute that. and the spike in blood sugar after lots of non-wholegrain carbs will leave you hungry after an hour.

carbs as a whole are not empty calories jesus christ

lets fucking do this bros

Please be kilos

why the fuck would you want that id be jaaba the hut

no its pounds

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 187K)

Attached: 1470948453409.gif (516x402, 628K)

>Balding and gyno
Is there even a point to being thin if this is my fate?

Yes, you won't also be fat.
And fit baldlords look better than fat ones.

>Is there even a point to being thin if this is my fate?
compare to balding, gyno, disgustingly fat and you have your answer

>had a nightmare I cheated

i've been writing up a guide or faq to the kind of info we share in these threads. i've broken it down into mind and body sections and i'm trying to keep it unbiased to the various kinds of diets people try here. hopefully it could answer a lot of noob questions like water weight. does this sound retarded to anyone?

>does this sound retarded to anyone?
No not at all.

sounds good user

as long as its all legit proven unbiased info, godspeed user

cool. the only problem i'm coming up against is that certain sections i want to be in there i don't know enough to write, so i suppose at some point i'll have to post it and ask for contributions.

legit proven is the trickiest part, not much about what's optimal is well understood. otherwise there'd be no debate about keto and IF and we'd all be skinny by now. i'm using as much real science as i can but a lot will be empirical by necessity.

thats just it, there is no proven optimal way of dieting that is unquestionably better than all the others, so your faq should convey exactly that
don't go into diet A vs diet B when theres nothing to back it up other than one persons experience, keep it nice and classy

sounds like we're on the same page. i'm a slow writer but hoping to have something presentable in a week or so.

Need help here. Did this in CBT, but didn't get an answer. Anyone have an estimate at BF%?

I'm sitting at 228 and I think I'm around 30%. I want to cut to 12-15% and just want to know where that falls.

Thanks guys.

Attached: Snapchat-1709596613.jpg (1080x1440, 566K)

>count calories, all of them.
Why? Do you all really need this counting to eat less?
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
There no point in such amount of protein, especially for people with 2xx lb. 1.5g per kilo will be more than enough to prevent muscle loss.

How tall are you?

>Do you all really need this counting to eat less?
are you retarded? we wouldn't be fat fucks if we weren't capable of controlling our eating without intervention.

It’s definitely not 30% maybe low 20s. Why can’t you just use a body fat calculator?

>1g per lb of GOAL body weight
>especially for people with 2xx lb. 1.5g per kilo will be more than enough
do you see your mistake?

That user is talking about a pita, which are often made from whole grains (or at least grains that aren't overly processed).
Yeah, if you compare a candy bar to some chicken breast then you could say carbs are more calorically dense, but that's just assuming all carbs have a high glycemic index. Many grains are better than that.
With refinement processes out of the picture, carbs are just as calorie dense as protein, and half as calorie dense as fat.

> we weren't capable of controlling our eating without intervention.
Sorry, didn't saw a sign that "DO" advises were for willpowerless bitches.

Blind indeed. But it still will be about 50g more than needful.

5'10"

Because I don't have any tape or a way to go buy it

beginning a calorie controlled diet is the opposite of lacking willpower, it is the consistent application of willpower that makes it work. if you're able to eat completely intuitively with no effort then this requires no willpower or discipline by definition.

>Because I don't have any tape or a way to go buy it
You've got bigger problems than weight if you have no way to buy something that's in every supermarket and dollar-store free-shipping ebay page.

At what BMI do you get that hollow cheek, defined cheekbones look, provided you have the genetics for it? I mean that young Johnny Depp kind of hollow. I'm around 25 BMI right now and my cheekbones are popping out already, but my cheeks are still pretty pudgy. Has anyone experienced getting the hollow cheeks, and at what BMI did you get it?

Attached: 1523388412870.gif (199x187, 1.09M)

Don't drive and it's fucking 12 degrees out. Calm down.

At buccal fat pad extraction surgery.

you should buy groceries for the whole week, so you dont need to go to the store that often
the store is hell filled with temptation

how do you eat a whole jar of it? pb is gross

>Don't be fat
>still feel fat

I like to come to these threads because people are friendly here

After being a 190 lb lardass, I'm now 162 lb, 5'11 ft manlet, I have been doing OMAD all week, pic is me.

I'm planning to lift because being skinnyfat is worse than being fat.

Attached: PhotoEditor_20190205_195342791.jpg (1920x2560, 3.75M)

>being skinnyfat is worse than being fat.
DELET

Attached: 1548306318601.jpg (322x268, 8K)

If you're fat, you are strong and big

If you're skinnyfast, you look pasty and weak

Then get buff. I don't think the struggle ends with losing weight.

Egg whites are pretty good user. I enjoy mixing 9 table spoons of liquid egg white with some onion and a bit of chorizo.
In total it makes about 300 calories worth of food that I personally enjoy in a lettuce wraps form.

There is also this brand called Two Good that makes low fat, low carb Greek yogurt, their vanilla one is 80 kcal a cup, with 12g protein, 2g fat, and 3g total carbs. It's been making a good snack or protein shake mix in.

My breakfast total calories for a big plate of egg whites and cup of yogurt was 200 calories and it filled me up. Added some ketchup and a cup of coffee with stevia and vanilla protein powder and brought the total calories to 300 but total protein to 60g!
If you want to hear some more food blogging later when I eat dinner I'll be back have a good day anons, I love you .

Holy fuck fats, the worst has happened.

>Qt Azn Diddly 3pl8 Gym thot has recognized me as a threat to her routine
>Works out a little later than me so she can use the only squat rack in the gym.
>Found out today as I had to get groceries before workout so went a little later than usual.
>She mocks me by stretching her thot ass glutes towards me as I walk by after her 1.5pl8 squat

At least she noticed me right? That counts as mirin'. My lmao 2pl8 bench threatened her that one time.

Also post routines if you have em. Still fixing mine up. I might switch to PPL. Critiques welcome.

Attached: ROUTINE 2019.png (470x651, 31K)

When you started cutting back then, why didn't you lift and maintain protein intake? Could've saved you so much time and have better results, not to mention that the loose skin issue wouldn't be much of a problem by simply wrapping muscles instead of fat

>At least she noticed me right?
Thanks for the secondhand embarrassment. At least I'm not this pathetic.

>secondhand embarrassment
user, pls

Attached: goblin slayer Gobbo pls forgive.jpg (1274x711, 107K)

There is this brief period of time after working out where I seemingly lose control of my mental faculties. Is this normal