Would you eat lab-grown meat? Why or why not?

Would you eat lab-grown meat? Why or why not?

Ethical veganfags, are you willing to chow down on a lab grown burger?

Attached: 63233B5C-FD83-49C4-B963-DB9AE25533F4.jpg (750x886, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6487207/amp/Worlds-laboratory-grown-STEAK-tastes-70-like-real-meat.html
youtu.be/w5hs4KVeiAU
ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/02/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf
theguardian.com/environment/2017/oct/05/vast-animal-feed-crops-meat-needs-destroying-planet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As a vegan yeah sure if it's a vegan product

As long as it's meat and not some other synthetic shit that might make me sick or something

They can't even get meat from animals correct.
The fuck am I going to trust them with meat grown in a lab.

As soon as this hits the shelves I'll never buy real meat again. I love meat but I also love animals, this dichotomy is gnawing and ever present in my life, I want be free.

If it’s decent lab grown meat yes. Not a vegan, but if we can avoid systematically holocausting other life forms it would be a positive.

If it tastes the same and has no icky side effects? Why not?

Attached: satania_expert.jpg (998x998, 171K)

While I would enjoy synthetic meat I still would require something to die so unexplained deaths would likely increase in my local area.

Fuck no the world is already overpopulated we need to start harvesting niggers and trannies

I see no problem as long as it tastes nice.

Yes, as long as taste and it's nutritional value are identical.

fuck off back to pol, weirdo

We only kill animals that we grow for food.
The real holocausting of other life forms comes from killing off entire ecosystems to plant your onions and avocado.

Id eat GMO but only if it was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than regular meat. Which it wont be, because of the free market.

So theres no incentive for me to eat GMO.

They can grow meat on a lab but they cant grow hair REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1496509150899.jpg (133x133, 3K)

Fuck off back to r*ddit newfag

Vegan here, yes.

Anyone who knows how cooking actually works and the importance of difference cuts for different dishes is uninterested in buying premade patties of stuff companies are convinced taste just like ground beef. The only potential market they have is people too dumb to eat anything but burgers because there exists better tasting vegetarian dishes than you could make a meatloaf or something outta this crap.

They already pump live animals with roids and medicines, what's to stop them from engineering similar compounds into the final product? It seems like yet another step towards the lowering of test in the population with more socially "acceptable" means

Attached: 1528379482393.jpg (819x460, 69K)

>be lab tech
>new job working in meat growing factory
>wanted a job at tesla but whatever haha
>walking past the containment cage
>giant pulsating mass of muscle
>workers cutting off slabs of meat
>weird hissing noise
>wtf lol
>listen closer
>"pleeeeeeeease....kill.....meeeeeeeeee"

Kek

>harvest low quality meat

Current meat is GMO. Lab grown meat will probably be more expensive than GMO meat for a significant amount of time unless lawmakers give out subsidies to those producing it and buttfuck the traditional meat producers with extra taxes and regulations

No because it takes away the pleasure I get from making vegans upset

I'm by no means a vegan but I feel like if more people understood how disgusting and immoral the meat industry actually is they wouldn't have as much of a problem with lab grown meat. That being said I'd still be hesitant about the whole thing.

Attached: birdy2.jpg (638x641, 176K)

Will find out 30 years from now that it had a bunch of weird side effects we never thought of

No because they can only grow muscle tissue, not fat. And anybody with a brain in 2019 knows fat is the most nutritious part.

Depends. Cloned meat, ie actual meat grown from real animal tissue? Sure. "Meat" grown from mushrooms and yos beans? No thanks

Fuck off illuminati.

>Animal production doesn’t cause massive deforestation

?

They also make lab grown steak, not just ground meat
google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6487207/amp/Worlds-laboratory-grown-STEAK-tastes-70-like-real-meat.html
>inb4 that price and only tastes 70% like real meat
They’re still working on the technology

The irony being as soon as mankind switches to lab meat all the farm animals go extinct. You see any wild chickens or cows in the cities my dude?

I mean look, you know they're gonna get there eventually, right? Where the taste is almost indistinguishable. It's gonna take some time, but they're gonna be hell bent on figuring it out. Why? Cause those Impossible Burgers that one guy came up with use WAY less water and green space.

It takes 6500 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef. Cattle get thirsty. That means even if you decided to save water by not showering all year and turning yourself into a fuckin dumpster, the minute you buy a burger, you've undone all that "work". Now consider that on average, most Americans eat more than one of these a week. Then consider how most of us are too fuckin fat, so now things really get compounded. If I had to make an argument to not eat AS MUCH meat, it's not cause you're considerin the animal's feelings (but they do indeed think and feel), it's cause it ain't sustainable. If, tomorrow, someone came up with a vegan burger and I liked the taste of it and decided it was close enough to juicy beef, and it was affordable, I'd never look back.

They won't go extinct. "Real" meat will just be relegated to the wealthy while the rest of the plebs will be stuck eating their lab grown burgers and steaks.

never ever

Attached: 1537925453671.jpg (413x395, 67K)

Not to mention collagen, marrow, and all the other stuff necessarry for good stock, soups, and broth. Lab grown meat is an idea that sounds really good in theory but falls apart when you realize how little applications it has.

Dude, chickens and pigs will become pests that we'll have to basically wipe out en masse.
Cows will die off in not even a few years.
Tapia farms? LOL
Set that shit on fire.

Maximum kek

Precisely. I’m personally excited for the whole ordeal. It’ll make vegans less happy due to less emissions and being green, it’ll make meat lovers happy because they get meat. Of course there will still be the miserable people who are only vegan/vocal meat eaters to be trolls but miserable people will always exist. Affordable and sustainable meat with meat macros taste and texture that aren’t bad for the environment seems almost too good to be true, but considering the eating habits of people and the population size it’ll have to happen sooner or later

If no souls were sacrificed to make it then how is it supposed to be as good as real meat? Not gonna eat that trash.

Attached: 1401563845520.jpg (1920x1080, 510K)

>back to Jow Forums
>defending niggers and trannies
>defending subhumans
Imagine being this bluepilled and thinking you belong on Jow Forums

Tasting doesn’t mean very much because chances are it won’t cook or taste like real meat unless you do the intended method and making it useless for things like many common mexican and chinese dishes or anything in a slow cooker.

you think that breeding them to kill them and having their whole lives spent in tight, dark spaces is to their benefit?
They'll succumb to the same population cycles other wild animals have.
lab is much cleaner and more expensive than factory farming lmao

I don't want my hamburger to taste like cocoa butter or mental illness

Why should i care if animals die or not? In nature living things kill and eat each other all the time plus meat is most delicious and nutritious food on earth.

Attached: Bratiska.jpg (960x539, 71K)

There's a sci-fi story about this. How a vat worker keeps finding that the meat keeps growing pain receptors and limbs and teeth and shit. He slowly goes insane, I think.

I would devour a vat-cow

>you think that breeding them to kill them and having their whole lives spent in tight, dark spaces is to their benefit?
>They'll succumb to the same population cycles other wild animals have.

user there is no ecosystem for those animals.
Ever seen a feral fucking pig? They are not nice animals.
Do you want ferral fucking bulls running around?
I hope you don't.
As for chickens. They will become fucking pests and breed out of control.

Animal agriculture is a huge contributor to climate change

Nope.

BASED

Actually the transportation of unnatural plants to other parts of the world causes the most damage.
Have any idea of how much pollution those huge transportation barges put out?

You don't think this is the inevitable result of having 7.5 billion people on the planet?

I work on a farm so I don't wanna be out of a job

It’s of course related. The methane produced by all the fat livestock that are fed trash is a leading cause to climate change. I don’t want to live in MadMax by the time I’m 45

absolutely fucking not. we've got enough fake meat in burgers as it is. we don't need it to be even more fake.

Will only eat it once price is below actual meat, no reason to in the meantime.

if it got good nutrients, is not full of shit and cheaper or simliar price then the real stuff: yeah why not.

>The methane produced by all the fat livestock that are fed trash is a leading cause to climate change.
You mean humans?
We outnumber cows 5x over.

delete Jow Forums

>we outnumber cows 5-1
They’re also much larger, with much worse diets, and bigger/dirtier digestive systems (in terms of gas production) you outright retard

And have them spill out everywhere else? No thanks. Let them have their freedom of speech.

No, it's the deforestation of huge swaths of the planet for unnatural plants.
The plastic particles that are killing off huge chunks of the ocean that are coming from all of two places on the earth, china and india, and the MASSIVE FUCKING BARGES that are transporting the plants and plastic piece of shit and oil that we use on a day to day basis.

Litterally, the earth warming and the planet being sickened comes from over consumption and the complete fucked ponzi scheme that is global corporatism.

Thanks, I think I know what to do now. I'm going carnivore diet.

I watched a complete novice at food easily differentiate between a fake meat and real meat.

Hell no, lab-grown meat, GMOs, this new meme of eating insects, etc are meant for literal plebs. It's fine for starving africans but that's not what I am.

Why do those cows exist? Because humans eat them for food. Less humans = less cows.

I'm not a guinea pig, if you serve lab grown meat I will never eat food from you again.

If you're willing to cut corners on that, imagine what else you cut corners on. Fuck off.

Attached: 1285858706035.gif (550x413, 104K)

icky side effects like:
>increased testosterone production
>being more of a man
>synthesis of a complete protein

These are all bad!

-Dr. Shlomo

Attached: 1920px-All_palaeotemps.svg.png (1920x560, 170K)

They wouldn't go completely extinct, I personally know people who own a couple of sheep and chickens for themselves. But their numbers would definetly decrease significantly. But how is that a bad thing?

citation pls.

What's going to be your get around for the destruction of the rain forest?

1. It is the amount of meat eaten by the West that is driving climate change
2. It's not inevitable if the world transitions to lab grown meat or a vegan diet.

>imagine being this retarded that you circle around this badly

Attached: 158E5FB1-7C0B-432B-88AC-46131E0ED9D5.jpg (750x773, 571K)

Rainforest is a true loss, but not because of carbon dioxide. It's that they are the last true forests left on the earth and the amount of plant life and animals in it is beautiful and could have helped humanity greatly.
However, it's loss has more to do with it being cut down for lumber and farming lands, not animals.
Like the beautiful redwood forests of america.
Trees that have lived for untold thousands of years felled in an afternoon and mostly left to rot. True forests are gone from the north american continent now...

Lastly, most of the co2 on the planet is housed in the ocean and the greenery that's left in it now.
The Co2 problem isn't a deforestation problem. It's an the ocean is fucking dying problem.

No because it'll probably be "enhanced" with a bunch of bullshit to pad out the weight so they can recoup the cost of growing the meat in the first place.
I don't trust a lab to act responsibly in regards to what I eat just like I don't trust some factory farm beaner to follow hygiene standards in regular meat.
If you're gonna eat meat
1. Hunt it yourself
2. Buy it from a small farm you trust

>1. It is the amount of meat eaten by the West that is driving climate change
Definitely the ebil West right?

Attached: rivers_and_plastic_map.png (900x720, 113K)

Are you fucking retarded? We are not going to just release all farm animals into the wild. They will be slaugthered as per usual and a (much lower) number of them will always be around. Lab grown meat couldn't possibly replace all meat farming immediately (if ever). And some people with enough space will continue to own cattle for themselves. I believe you also need a few animals to get the genetic material from.

It's 91%

Attached: deforestation-and-climate-change.jpg (648x326, 86K)

Is a hue contributor to =/= is causing prehistorically large change

Fucking korean-finnish wars in Pleistocene totally destroyed our climate

> Plastic pollution
> Having anything to do with the insane amount of meat eaten by the west and the climate change that occurs as a result

What point are you trying to make?

>niger
>NIGER

Attached: 1549498315064.png (640x480, 20K)

Lmao I forgot about this meme

Attached: 1548265700180.jpg (720x539, 23K)

That climate change fucking happens becuase the Earth is unstable and to attempt to pin a spike that has occurred thousands of times before on humans is flawed.

Guess which countries also have completely shit industry regulation and pollution standards right out the industrial revolution.

lab grown fish/poultry would be nice. but red meat is bad for you, i wouldnt eat it no matter the source.

>However, it's loss has more to do with it being cut down for farming lands, not animals

Animals get fed with corn and other food that is farmed you brainlet

Exactly, the only market is still vegans who might as well stick to their current substitutes.

This fine for me, the meat industry would be forced to change as the cheap meat market would hopefully collapse forcing farmers to offer a higher welfare product to compete with guilt free meat.
It's not farming per say I hate, just mass meat factories. If I could buy game only for a reasonable price that was culled as an effort to actually stabilise the environmental balance i would, but I can't. Cultured meat bypasses all of that.

>Ethical veganfags, are you willing to chow down on a lab grown burger?
They won't, they'll say "the cow didn't give it's CONSENT to have it's DNA taken from it, so that's not Vegan-safe" then proceed to eat more S O Y and become more retarded than they already are.

Nothing wrong with meat, nothing at all. Beef is expensive so you don't eat it all the time anyway. Chicken is cheap and they grow quick. Nevermind all this lab grown shit and vegan shit.

Animals get fed with the parts that humans can't digest.

Name of novel user? I'd read that.

If I can now easily ignore the fact that my steak had a face, then I can easily ignore the origins of a steak made in a lab.

What are the macros in a nigger burger?

>I am smarter than all the climate scientists because I have seen a graph and I am the first person ever to notice that the climate was not always the same for all of earth's existance

youtu.be/w5hs4KVeiAU

We already can’t do that to pigs and chickens have more worth that just meat. Eggs are god tier food. Cow milk can easily be replaced but I doubt eggs will entirely

To say that humans have NO impact on climate change is just as retarded as to say they’re the only cause of climate change. Pumping out obscene amounts of greenhouse gasses and shrugging and saying “that’s nature” when the oceans are too hot to maintain their current ecosystems is only what dumbasses and Jews do

>posts a fucking youtube video

I only get my meat from a local farm where I like how they treat the animals. Keep your lab grown meat to yourselves

Attached: 1331167959744.jpg (641x413, 56K)

Will this suffice?
ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/02/AR5_SYR_FINAL_SPM.pdf

So, attempting to pin climate change on fucking meat consumption would be pretty fucking stupid right?
Which was my point.

>The vast scale of growing crops such as onions to rear chickens, pigs and other animals puts an enormous strain on natural resources leading to the wide-scale loss of land and species,according to the study from the conservation charity WWF.

theguardian.com/environment/2017/oct/05/vast-animal-feed-crops-meat-needs-destroying-planet

get lost normie