Do people here unironically believe squatting is a full body exercise...

Do people here unironically believe squatting is a full body exercise? I don’t get how anyone with an average IQ could believe squatting works your biceps, triceps, forearms, or chest, etc.

Attached: 1FF2068D-D545-4DA3-9F44-3E446E164D04.jpg (1235x846, 317K)

That’s what I thought, faggots

Squating down and wiping my ass on your mom's clit is a full body exercise

You arent engaging your muscles then.

>not pushing and pulling the bar onto and off your shoulders every rep
No wonder you’re dyel

work on your form faggot

No it's legs, and back. The rest is stabilizing

Wanna know how I know you squat 1pl8, OP?

Attached: 8FF877E5-C993-4D8E-913A-EE2599F6F7D2.png (315x404, 256K)

>watches some gym buddy squat 115 in a YouTube video
>that doesnt look like shes working out her chest OR her back
>'full body'

Kek low IQ Jow Forumsizens

>actually goes to the gym
>actually squats as much as the sticc gym bunny for the first time
>quivering like an infant horse

Wew okay maybe they were right

>yo mom joke
Just what I would expect from a faggot that doesn’t understand lifting science. Kys

It works a shit ton of back muscles and your traps in addition to legs, glutes, and hips. I don’t know who you claim ever claimed squats work biceps.

>attacking the person asking the question instead of giving a real answer to the question
This is the first sign that these people don’t have the answer, and likely know they’re in the wrong.

Wanna know how I know you squat .25pl8 5x5?

There you go again attacking the person instead of the subject. You’re using the ad hominem fallacy, it’s usually used when you’re too stupid to answer the question so you just insult the person. It’s what niggers and liberals do. Use your brain, faggot.

squats are a full body exercise in the same way rack pulls are effective

The legs are getting the stretch reflex and the rest of the body is undergoing the static load, that static load is why people say a rackpull is effective, because if you hold the weight in a static position your body is having to resist against all of that weight

Deadlift works the same way as the squat, as some muscles are performing a stretch, and others are under static load

Its pretty much isometric for most ,but not all, groups above the hips. My traps and forearms get super pumped from squats. Only free falling or suspension in a fluid would work literally every muscle, anything on the ground will just focus on primary movers with some stability work for the rest of your groups.

When I'm squatting I do a clean and jerk to put the bar above my head and then lower it behind my back at the beginning of every set, so yes, it's a full body exercise.
Also, I'm not able to squat 1RM, so my legs stay non t-rex mode.
I squat three days a week

>When I'm squatting I do a clean and jerk to put the bar above my head and then lower it behind my back
Holy shit that’s so retarded

lol you know how I know you only squat 4pl8?

>When I'm squatting I do a clean and jerk to put the bar above my head and then lower it behind my back

Attached: 3881EBA6-E6FF-436C-9AF5-E319DB44AAE4.jpg (744x752, 42K)

>google
>"How to get big arms"
>squats
>calf raises
Is this industrial scale sabotage?

Attached: 1234291_1419972724897096_1684592790_n.jpg (225x225, 7K)

No, they just want stupid people to do squats.
You know, the exercise you need a gym for?

thanks user i haven't laughed this hard in a while

Listen you young, dorky nerd. He's attacking you with name calling because if the weight of your squat bar is too low, you won't be able to make the kinesthetic observation that your legs, hips, and lower abs aren't the only thing being excercised due to static load. Once you start reaching above say, ~160 pounds for reps, you'll very quickly notice the global fatigue introduced by having your entire body clenched just to perform the set properly. While your arms, trapezius, and abs aren't flexing in the same manner as your glutes, adductors, and quads, they're still getting a hell of a workout once your squat weight has gone up, just because they're keeping themselves from interfering with the flexing muscles.

Dude I can't stand listening to your jargon anymore. The fact that you talk a lot of shit that you can not back makes me believe that you do a lot of reading and not a lot of lifting. How Can you give advice to people without truly understanding what you are saying? The answer is you can't ..... You can not tell someone something without knowing if it works or not. You have no experience lifting. You hardly know anything. Everything you do know you read in a book or stole from someone else. You have no factual eveidence that it works. You just take advice from credible sources and post them as your own....As an aspiring personal trainer, who has actually spent time working in a gym, watching and criticizing and experimenting. Stop posting. You don't know what youre talking about. You know it too.

Right. It's Big Gymnasium at it again.

Squats don't work your biceps. It's called a full body because it's very fucking close to hitting every muscle group. Abs, everything below hips, traps, some shoulder, and forearm depending on your form.

Do power cleans if you want a full body that hits every group. Even then, your delts won't be hit that hard.

Stop being obtuse on purpose. You're not elevating the discussion, and you're not clever.

Attached: IMG_20190117_021925.jpg (1045x1057, 119K)

Based

you produce more test if you workout all your muscles

both of you faggots need to post pics or shut the fuck up

>As an aspiring personal trainer, who has actually spent time working in a gym, watching and criticizing and experimenting.
Imagine posting this as credentials.

Oh god why is no one talking about her ASS

Before asking others to post pics, you need to post one first, faggot

That’s not true idiot. You produce more test by lifting heavy. Not because you work multiple muscles.

This is why the community is so fucked up, a bunch of idiots like this five contradictory advice on things they know nothing about.

the bench press is a full body exercise

>aspiring personal trainer

not either of those guys but this may as well be code for "ignore literally anything i say, i think i've discovered a secret for beginners that rippletoad missed. we begin by throwing out all convention wisdom..."

Bicep curls are a full body exercise I’d you do them standing up

>rippletoe
>taking bodybuilding advice from a guy who looks like a bloated hank hill

I seriously hope you guys don’t do this

bicep curls are an isolation exercise, so if you're using anything other than your biceps to lift the weight, it's suboptimal

>Has to shit talk the looks of 65 year old man

Also, Rip's never claimed to give bodybuilding advice, so I don't know what you're talking about.

But the rest of your body needs to be stabilized in order to do the curls. Just like the faggots in this thread are saying your whole body stabilizes when you do squats. Can’t you see your own contradictory advice?

Actually based to be honest

if you bench properly, your legs, glutes, lats, and biceps also come into play, along with the chest, triceps, and delts being the main movers. the bench press IS a full body exercise.

When I picture that in my mind it looks pretty gay

>literally every program in the sticky includes squats
>starting strength includes squats
>anyone who actually looks remotely strong advises squats and chin-ups, without exception
>not a single natty lifter of any caliber speaks out against squats

hmm

hmmmm

>I don’t know who you claim ever claimed squats work biceps.
I'm pretty sure it was meant as a joke, since most full body programs includes squats.

The power to the people program is interesting, because it only contains two exercises, deadlifts and press, but works out almost your entire body. I also like power cleans, they also do a whole lot of work on your entire body. If you're limited on time, doing full body programs three times a week with squats, overhead press, bench press, deadlifts, chins, dips, rows, and back extensions are probably the best for beginners.
But I still recommend power cleans. They're fun.

You mean the guy who said “that’s what I thought faggots”? lol

user, they were serious.
It was some retarded bullshit about isometric work and squats releasing shit tons of testosterone.

Does NOBODY home gym? Poorlings.

>Do people here unironically believe squatting is a full body exercise?
Who ever said it was? It's a hip extension exercise more than anything else. Everything else just plays a supportive role to one extent or another.

That being said for most of you guys who just dive in and don't do the remedial work you should be doing beforehand, you're doing too risky an exercise for the benefits. Most of you should do leg press and other safer exercises and leave the freebar squats for some later time.

it's just copy writing by marketers
if it really worked all that to a noticeable degree before your legs give out, mehdi wouldn't look like chit lol

>Most of you should do leg press and other safer exercises and leave the freebar squats for some later time.
Holy fuck this is such bad advice unironically kys

>Do people here unironically believe squatting is a full body exercise?
the only thing i could see it working is, lats, abs legs and ass thats it

Do I know it?

Attached: IMG_20190208_172642967_BURST002~2.jpg (2592x1944, 743K)

You want her to squat on your full body. You know you do.

Definitely worth a second look, but nothing special for a model.

Muscle growth is systemic so you need to work all your muscles in some way. Calf raises are kinda dum though. Do cleans and your calves will grow.

the guy you're talking to reeks of insecurity and years of chinbeard

don't bother replying to him

>There you go again attacking the person instead of the subject. You’re using the ad hominem fallacy, it’s usually used when you’re too stupid to answer the question so you just insult the person. It’s what rednecks and con$ervatives do. Use your brain, Trumpfag.

> when im squatting i do a clean and jerk to put the bar above my head and then lower it behind my back

Attached: 665777D6-88B3-4494-A2C5-E57485670C2C.jpg (192x211, 10K)

It can fatigue your arms, traps and lats, depending on your style and mobility. But I would wager the EMG activation and muscle growth in upper body during a back squat is close to zero.

> as an aspiring personal trainer
Weakest b8 of the thread but still funny

Lmao you got fucking got by

Squats is so tough on your body it reacts hormonally, anabolyzing, increasing your test and muscle mass and strength in all your body.
That said, no, you won't get Arnold arms or pecs just by squatting

>I have to rely on good lighting and awkward angles to look good

You look like you’ve been lifting for 3 months, aka you look like shit. Post a head on photo with no awkward angles so I can prove my point

based

don't critique a photo outside of cbt unless you post your own you stupid fuck

These

Don’t post a picture outside of a cbt thread then, dumb faggot

Thanks for the information. I'm new on this

Post a photo at all for me to care about your point

>gets called out for taking a shit photo obviously relying on angles and lighting
>”Y-YOU post y-your photo!!!1!”
Lol

Np dude :)

Take a photo from no angle with no light

Read the sticky

How to make a thread in Jow Forums
>"You stupid idiots, _____ is actually bad"
>"No user, you're being stupid"
>"Lol yea right you fucking cuck nigger soiboi beta manlet"
>repeat

Attached: 28-Hottest-Photos-of-Maria-Sharapova-Tennis-Goddess-15.jpg (900x622, 56K)

he's right

Wrong

Still don't think its hitting your chest area user.....maybe you incorporate reaching down and squeezing her tits at the same time

basdado

>squats bitch weight
>HURR NOT A FULL BODY EGGSARESIDES

No one wipes with two hands

Yes, because Jow Forums is fucking stupid now.

You should have known that when all the racist shit started.