Remember that 1/2/3/4 whether for a 1rm or a set of 5 are literally beginner tier numbers and should be achievable...

Remember that 1/2/3/4 whether for a 1rm or a set of 5 are literally beginner tier numbers and should be achievable within your first year lifting for 5 reps and within your first 8 months for a 1rm.

Attached: 1538812046678.jpg (1209x1467, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOnlXGT0_f4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this achievable in a year even if I am skellymode? I am 5'6" and started lifting at 50kg bodyweight

Sweet sassy molassy... she’s a baby factory.

If you commit to training whole-heartedly then yes you should be able to get there or at least come close.

everyone is different and for different people different numbers can be great achievements

OP is a manlet

>doing any compound other than OHP

yikes

6'2 try again weakfag

For 1 rep is where intermediate begins. For 5 reps it's well into intermediate (some might say eternalmediate). 2/3/4/5 is late intermediate/advanced for non-fatties.

yeah this guy is right

also the balance in 1/2/3/4 isn't quite right

like a 1 plate overhead is WAY easier than a 2 plate bench

personally i hit 1 plate overhead, then 4 plate deadlift, then 3 plate squat, and i'm still working on a 2 plate bench at 8 months of lifting

yep, manlet as I thought
also I'm doing 2/3.5/5/6

your OHP form is not strict then. OHP is not way easier, it's only slightly easier - the correct proportion would be 65 kg OHP to 100 kg bench, but 1/2/3/4 is fairly close to that. If your OHP diverts from ~65% +- 5% of your bench you're either not doing a strict press or not training your bench properly or at all

1/2/3/4 is fairly proportional
next is 1.5/2.75/4/5
followed by 2/3.5/5/6

?? what, no. 1/2/3/4 is measured by German volume training. if you can't do 10 sets of 10 1/2/3/4 then you haven't made it.

based and germanpilled
rests have to be less than 1min too

Nice
t. 2/3.5/5.5/6.5

my nigga

I think Blahas strength goals are a better lifetime goal for the casual lifter

>100/200/300/400/500 pounds for Weighted chinup/ohp/bench/squat/deadlift

Attached: 1549242552639.gif (345x253, 1.12M)

1/2/3/4 for reps are advanced numbers for a reasonable 140 lbs natty at 5'6.

I don't get it, I have fairly long arms and apart from 4 plate deadlift I'm nowhere close to 1/2/3/4. But when I go to wrestling/judo/mma clubs, I'm stronger than almost everyone.

your a beginner tier number

bodyweight ratios are a cope
that's pretty accurate and proportional actually, surprised it comes from the Bloho. I'd start to perceive someone as "strong" @ those 100/200/300/400/500

protip: Jow Forums has unrealistic perceptions on how strong the average human is. With 1/2/3/4 you are stronger than 95+% of non strength athletes.
"intermediate" in the gym sense means that you're intermediate for a dedicated strength athlete

well yeah, you compare yourself to other people that lift, otherwise whats even the point, go to a gym for a month and you'll be stronger than 95% of people that never were to the gym

Don't compare yourself to people who don't partake in your hobby or take it as seriously as you. Compare yourself to other lifters who have the same mentality as you. Doing otherwise is cope.

>bodyweight ratios are a cope
good luck getting above that weight at that height without just getting fatter.

well he mentioned wrestling/judo/mma clubs, so it should be no surprise that he's strong sub 1/2/3/4 compared to others
"lifting" is relative too, most people that go to the gym don't train properly either. It's like 10% of the gym that actually follow strength goals

even gh15 says that 5'6" 144 is contest condition peak, i.e. at 5'6" you should be able to get to 170 lbs at a non sub 10% bodyfat (e.g. ~12% rehydrated) near your limit

The realistic numbers are out there just no one wants to believe them. The common strength training expectations have been completely warped by drugs.

look at people at the gym. 90% aren't using anywhere close to proper form. Do you think fit is any different?

What am I doing wrong bros?

>start going to the gym, about 8 months ago
>after learning proper form, i decided to max out on the big three
>got some random dude to spot me
>bench 70kg for 1rep (155lbs)
>squat 90kg for 1rep (198lbs)
>deadlift 130kg for 1rep (286lbs)
>this is my first week in the gym, I am happy because I find out that those number are very good for a noob
>FF 8 months and I have only gotten 5kg on my bench, 10kg on my squat and 20kg on my deadlift.
>Wtf am I doing wrong?

You have to admit that a 1 plate OHP is pretty pathetic tho.

not any less pathetic than a ~95 kg bench

Selffagging.
I take back ”very good” but I think you guys will agree that they’re pretty good for a beginner.

The top 5'6 dudes in usapl nationals on drugs compete at 66kg.

what is your daily caloric intake?

youtube.com/watch?v=hOnlXGT0_f4
*brocks your path*
5'6" 72 kg and he's only ~10% too
5'6" 77 kg ~12% isn't unrealistic

I don’t track it. But I assume it’s quite high. I eat a lot of food. Fairly healthy too. I sleep 6-8hrs/night. I feel like i’m doing everything right... :(

>I don’t track it
Well then there's your problem you lazy shit. Calculate your daily caloric need, and go for a +500 kcal surplus. Use myfitnesspal and track everything you eat. Boom problem solved

>not tracking caloric intake means your caloric intake is too low

Nice 80iq post. If anything I eat too much. Lmao you’re acting like you know me better than I do.

Correct. 1/2/3/4 should be achievable assuming:
>perfect diet
>perfect form. no injuries
>perfect scheduling. no missing days. no getting sick
>perfect sleep. 8+ hrs every day
So yes, if your #1 priority in life is strength you should be able to make it in a year assuming you never get sick or have an injury. However, this is not the case for most people.

Cope, you can have a mediocre diet, mediocre recovery and a non perfect schedule and still be fine and able to make 1/2/3/4.