Bariatric surgery

Does anyone on Jow Forums have experience with weight loss surgery? Does it work? How big of a lifestyle change does it require?

Attached: Gastric_Bypass_Surgery_for_web.jpg (504x375, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/7/2999/2845142
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pop off james!

>How big of a lifestyle change does it require?
Just do a real lifestyle change and you won't need your guts to be cut in half.

This. Get the fork out of your mouth. Change your lifestyle voluntarily, change your eating habits, and you won't need dangerous expensive surgery to enforce on you what personal discipline should be providing. Only losers and weak personalities get this surgery; are you weak, OP?

Kinda pointless imo. Once you get it, you need to eat a lot less or you will rip your stomach open. So just eat less anyway, and don't risk major surgery.

A colleague of mine is waiting for reversal surgery for the bypass.
He shits 5/10 times a day and once in a month his shit is so acidic he has to carry an anesthetic lotion to calm down his ass or sit in a warm bath tub for an hour.
So we no just eat less fag

just stop stuffing your face in lardo

It's not easy. At least not for me.
I have no friends, I have no life. I am literally afraid to go out because I know I will be judged for being fat, I don't go to the gym because I know everyone will be in much better shape, and will occasionally glance at me. I am constantly anxious, and the only way I pass the time is by eating. I have no friends so I can't eat at nice places, so I just make stops at fast food restaurants and go back home to be by myself
I eat because I am lonely, and I'm lonely because of the way I eat.

>It's not easy.
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Obesity Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Food Like Nigga Put Down The Fork Haha

Buy lotsof lettuce and eat that. You can not humany fit 3k calories in you. Drink water every 5 mins. You will not feel hungry. Sleep more.

My mom got gastric bypass. Yada yada yada, now she’s dead from cumulative adhesions and infections from a dozen “corrective” surgeries. It was slow, it was painful, and it took 10 LONG years of constant suffering and quality of life decline. By the end she had so many adhesions that her intestines couldn’t pass food. Near the end she tried to get a dog to quell her misery and I had to give it away because she was back in the hospital the next week.

What kind of spineless braindead nigger thinks that chopping your stomach into a smaller shape is the path to health?

If you can’t lose the weight no matter what, just kill yourself. I promise you will live to regret modifying your digestive tract on an operating table.

Attached: 40A0173F-D2AB-4FC8-9CB2-2DFD96F9499A.png (400x400, 192K)

Nobody at the gym gives a fuck if you're fat. Almost everybody (if not everybody) will only think positively of you for making a healthy lifestyle change. That's if they think of you at all, because they're focused on themselves.

I had RnY in November 2017. I'm down 170 lbs to 15.5% body fat and I'm still losing 4 lbs per month.

I'm working really hard. I exercise 1 hour a day. I still diet. I'm still hungry, but I can resist urges to eat.

If you treat it like a tool and not a magic pill then you will be successful.

If you're that weak willed that you feel you need bariatric surgery, go with the sleeve gastrectomy. At least with that you're removing just the stomach and not fucking with your digestive tract, which down the road is horrifying from what I've heard.
like that

Attached: hnF3456BDF.jpg (880x425, 40K)

/continuing

The portion of your stomach that produces the hunger hormone is the one that is isolated. After RnY or sleeve you no longer accumulate a deficit of the hormone.

People who lose more than 100 lbs without surgery have a 98% likelihood of regaining all the weight.

Wls is near guaranteed to lose at least 60% of your excess body weight and a good shot at 80% if you are white.

If you are determined to live a fit lifestyle you can do even better.

My friend got the surgery in October and the results are incredible. That being said he has a serious problem with food. I am quite concerned with what he is eating. He is obviously eating way less but its still the same junk he always ate. I'm suprised he lost so much already. The after picture is from a 2 weeks ago, he is most definetly down even more since then

Attached: beriatric.png (864x590, 1.02M)

Got a source on that? If someone loses 100lbs without surgery they clearly made a lifestyle change and have been sustaining it, what essentially guarantees they'll go back to their old ways like your asserting?

>will occasionally glance at me.

Imagine abandoning a major life goal because of the risk that people might "occasionally glance" at you

It'll get you halfway there and the pounds will melt off, but you can't keep them off and you can't lose the other half without making that change. It's a half-measure.
Besides, the results can get fucking messy if you're still depressed and trying to overeat once the initial weight loss phase is over.

go watch Snake Diet videos, this is more advice than you deserve for even considering this surgery.
you're pathetic.

>I have no friends, I have no life.
This is the equivalent of getting plastic surgery because you're insecure. It doesn't fix the underlying issues.

bump

I'm on mobile right now. Actually on the treadmill right now lol. It's the hormone that stimulates hunger produced in the stomach. People who lose 100+ lbs have 4x that chemical than gastric patients at the same weight and same loss.

Ive known several people who have gotten these, usually 2 things happen, they drop wright like crazy for a year or so then plateau and just stay there. Or their addiction to food just goes somewhere else, they lose weight and become an alcoholic etc.
I considered getting this done a year ago, 6'1' 450 lbs. I decided to make the surgery life changes w/o the surgery, started cooking everything myself, buying a set amount of food that had to last me a week, if I ate that shit up before my week was up, and early on I did a couple time, I had a rough couple days. But I stuck to it, when I got down under 400, I started going to the gym, at first I thought like you, everyone was going to stare at the fatshit there and make fun of me. Literally has never happened, not to my face anyway, and several people have been very helpful and encouraging . Im at about 280 now, you can do it, if youre willing to consider mangling your body for it you can manage to eat less trash and go outside.

>I'm lonely so i ear
Bullshit. You're addicted to food, pure and simple.
Anything else you say is just excuses or mental gymnastics.
You are an addict the same way the guy shooting heroin in his arm is an addict.
Take control of your addiction or die.

Just get the banding surgery if you do. Its reversible and way less side effects than sleeve or bypass

I've heard this as well. But I thought the number was like 80%

I agree that someone who has the surgery has an advantage in that they don't make the hunger hormone, but a non-surgically aided person can still maintain their weight loss long term if they're actually dedicated to their lifestyle choices. Also, studies show weight recidivism is fairly common among bariatric patients. They may not get as hungry, but if they don't commit to long term lifestyle changes they'll end up fat again same as a non-surgical patient will.

Listen to me, please do this the hard way around, I dropped 140 pounds doing omad and training.

It feels fantastic after dropping that weight to be able to do pushups, bench etc, and even cardio, cmon man this surgery shit is expensive and not worth it, people rebound like crazy on this shit.

I'm not rebounding shit, and did it the hard way around.

Attached: feb.png (992x744, 963K)

Awesome. I hope it works out for you. However I lost 130 lbs in my 20's. Regained it all and more in my 30's. Got RnY gastric bypass in my 40's.

Here is the article.

academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/7/2999/2845142

Dude I'm glad you got all that weight off, but I think people should still at least try losing everything natty, especially incorporating weights + cardio, think hitting the gym is the key to keeping it off in the long run.

man i cannot for the life of me eat right, i am always so exhausted i need to eat. I work a physical as fuck job (singlehandedly moving tons of steel a day) then straight after i do rugby traiing with involves HIIT and interval running so i have like no energy and am always tired. How the hell are you meant to eat healthy if anything im putting on more weight because i eat way more

Weird, so why not just develop a drug which reduces said hormone instead of physically cutting it out.

Fuck sakes dude I have no idea the only thing that saved my ass was eating keto OMAD, maybe not the keto part, but the OMAD part worked for damn sure. I got that 140 pounds down in about 8 months and with your job and rugby you'll do it in fucking 5 months dude.

It is really hard to fuck up OMAD.

lol just take DNP nigger

I'm sure they would if they could. Some things are beyond our capabilities still. Fucking with how the body generates chemicals is much harder than just cutting out pieces with a knife.

This. I am lean and relatively shredded but still watch snakediet videos because a fasting focus lifestyle is the best lifestyle change anyone can make.

But holy shit if you are actually fat then the snakediet would be the easiest way to lose weight for sure

Just stop being eating like a fat fuck

You fucking walruses are pathetic

>do it natural
Remember I'm only talking about people who are hundreds of lbs overweight. There are underlying physical and psychological problems at play. Nobody likes being 200 lbs overweight.

Imagine you could have an amazing life if you carried a 3 lbs weight. As long as that weight never touched the ground you're life would be great.

You'd say "Fuck yeah, 3lbs is nothing. I can have this unbelievable life and all I have to do is never put down a weight? Sign me up."

You'd carry the weight for a day and be laughing the whole time. You'd carry it for a week and you're still smiling. A month and your feeling good but your amusement has turned to stoicism. A year... it's starting to hurt. 5 years. 10 years. 30 years. Nobody can carry a weight for that long.

Wish I took a before pic before I lost well over a 100lb by solely dieting. I didn't even move more either. But I didn't because I didn't aim for any facebook tracking or to stick it to someone, I just one day decided to read the sticky and change my life.
I have regrets for not taking the "before" pic though, sometimes I wish I did just so I can prove retards like you how wrong you fucking are.

you could try obalon. its basically a pill with a balloon inside that is inflated when you swallow it, they fill up your stomach so you will eat less. I worked with a girl who was in the clinical trials and she lost maybe 30lbs but wasn't super obese to begin with.

or you could start by....like maybe trying to change and working through your anxiety. sometimes going out of your comfort zone is actually fun once you face the fear of the unknown.

by the way, I've lost over 100lbs through diet and exercise and kept it off 10 years so stop letting some tiny sample size fool you, it IS POSSIBLE TO REALLY CHANGE.

>people aren't in my life so I'm going to treat myself like shit
That doesn't make any logical sense. Just admit you're a brainlet and stop wasting everyone's time.

>wah wah! poor me!
you're not going to make it if you can't even stop eating and go to the gym. you can change your stomach but you can't change your habits and you're going to be out a couple thousand for the surgery and still fat and miserable.