How do you juggle a full time job and the gym?

How do you juggle a full time job and the gym?

Attached: KE2Sr88.png (436x441, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/tip-the-ppl-training-split
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quit being a lazy shit not that hard

Sacrifice sleep.

31 year old NEET here.

Can’t imagine working and lifting.

I’m lucky enough to have a decently wealthy family and have investments that have made me money.

I have a decent amount of respect for you guys who do both.

I have a waggie internet friend who says after day working he just wants to chill out and relax and not bother with going to the gym, in fact he sees lifting as something from his youth that he did as a lazy teenager, he sees lifting as “childish” in that way that any man whose actually working hard all day doesn’t have the energy or care factor to bother lifting.

Do a 6 day split. I worked 9-5 and did the M/W/F routine and it just completely shits on your free time if you have a rough commute. 45 minute sessions every day are a lot easier to manage than 2 hour sessions every other day.

Example workout routine pls

Literally any brosplit or PPL routine.

t-nation.com/training/tip-the-ppl-training-split

here's an example.

I'm currently juggling the gym, a 32-hour week job and two classes. Next semester will be 4-5 classes. Juggling just a full time job and gym should be easy wheezy m8, unless you're working like 60 hour work weeks which no one does except for elon musk.

What the fuck OP? I've got a full time. Job, a son, and I make time for extended family time. Are you some kind of loser that considers TV and video game time too important to get rid of?

Attached: Brian-Peppers-768x768.jpg (768x768, 54K)

>commuting to job
>doesn’t have a home gym

Why even have a job if you’re going to be a poor faggot? Just get on welfare and lift at planet fitnsss if you’re going to be a wagecuck poorfag who can’t afford a home gym.

YOU'VE GOT TO WANT IT
I'm 32 and am on my feet for 10 hours a day but still manage to go to the gym 5-6 days a week. I come home from work, sit on my ass for 30 minutes or so, eat a snack, then drink preworkout and I'm good to go. It doesn't matter if I'm sick, or tired, or my girlfriend wants to hang out, I still go.

Attached: 1548991877557.png (292x292, 86K)

>work
>go home and eat
>go to gym
>juggle
>go home

Attached: 8E3696E9-9855-4A5D-BF93-B621C22FB0AC.png (600x401, 285K)

Get up at 0430, get it done.

Attached: uvcqtkoquktz.jpg (640x580, 38K)

I go to the gym 3x per week for a 1.5hr routine, but it's on the way to work, and my commute isn't very long.

I don't have much free time on gym days. Just enough time to cook, eat, and go to bed. Meal prep helps to reduce cooking time.

If you view the gym as a hobby instead of a chore, it helps.

You go to one, then you go to the other.

After work just go to gym? Did this durign 45hr week freezerworks.

Attached: 1536784254714.png (450x408, 183K)

Do U/L split 4 times a week.
Super set your exercises with antagonistic pairings

Eg.
Upper:
Bench/Row 4-6x4-8
Incline bench/Lat pull downs 4-6x4-8
Side laterals/rear delt work 3x12
Curls/Triceps 3x12

You get the idea

You can't with that attitude

Get a job in the gym?

90% of Jow Forums is 18yo NEET no gf zoomers
You're asking in the wrong place

BASED

Attached: 06E8B9B9E78641B6ACB896CA8A9056F8.jpg (613x522, 91K)

And go to bed when? 8:30? What if I like to enjoy the evening? I don't get this superiority complex some people have about getting up early. If you're awake for an equal amount of hours, it shouldn't matter when you go to bed or wake up--you should be able to get the same amount accomplished.

I'm active duty and my command is a cesspool of psychotic workoholics.

Not saying this to brag, saying this for perspective
My months go
Week A
Week B
Week A
Week C

A= 6 days, 545am to 630pm
B= 7 days, 545am to 630pm
C= 5 days, 545am to 630pm

And I never miss a gym day. 3 day split, 1 day rest like God damn clockwork.
Your hours are better than mine.
You see more girls than I do
You eat better food than I do
You get better sleep than I do.

You better not let me outwork you, asshole.

Enjoy your early death and stunted gains

I'm a student so I'll always find time. But I have a cousin who works 50 hours a week also has a girlfriend and he finds time.

>31 year old NEET here
>Can't imagine working AND lifting

Oh boy 1 or the other surely not both

Attached: 1534613760907.jpg (480x360, 36K)

Last semester I was in uni 9-5 every day in the week, evenings were spent mostly working with my business partner on our company, and on the weekends I worked from about 10 till midnight. And I still found time. You can too

i used to have a full time job and a part time job and found time to win a small time non-sanctioned lifting comp. the competition was my motivation. now all i have is a full time job and i technically have way more free time, but without the motivation to slay i'm not making the sick gainz i did during that period.

Attached: 1514746458612.png (1200x1332, 199K)

Nobody cares faggot

But lifting is relaxing? It can't be just me that trains to relax and cool off?

nigger i have 2 jobs(60+ hour work weeks) and still get to the gym atleast 4 days a week. you have time faggot, fucking make time

Werd. People are pussies. I work on call, and some of those weeks have gone up to 98 hours (rare, 60 is common, though). I just built up a home gym and ran with it.

Hardest part is getting enough sleep and cooking in a way that I don't have to make bulk meals. I hate eating the same thing every day.

I work full time as a programmer and work on my sidebusiness on the weekends and some evenings during the week, thats how i do it:
Currently bulking on the leangains bulking routine, working out 4 times a week and each session takes like 1 hour.

During the week:
Wake up at 08:30, pack breakfast, lunch and my gym stuff on workoutdays (Mo, We, Fr).
Commute to work takes 40-45 Mins.
Be at work at 09:30, stay until 18:00-19:00.
Hit the gym right straight after work, be home at 20:00-21:00 on workoutdays and 19:00-20:00 on rest-days.
I now have 3-4 hours before i sleep for either mealprep/sidehustle work/meeting friends/shitposting on Jow Forums.
being in an LDR actually kinda helps because i don't have to give a shit about chasing chicks (Stressful) or spend time with my girlfriend.

And a general tip if you just started working full time (which i assume from your question).
Once it becomes routine spending so much time there, you will get a lot better at time management and figure out what small things you can do yourself to make these things work. Give it 2-3 Months

By having no friends or gfs and working an office job. I'm also strict on my sleep schedule and usually get 6-7 hours total.

Attached: workday.jpg (954x1400, 538K)

cope

waking up early requires discipline in the same way lifting does

>up at 6
>workout til 7.30
>homegym masterrace
>shower and eat by 8.15
>go to work

I workout 6 days a week. Its not hard if you're not lazy.

I mostly just workout in the weekends.. But I have a kid too.

Gym takes like 1 hour

>60 hours a week

Fucking based, what are you saving for or is it just living expenses?

if your job is interfering with your fitness goals you need to find a different job

this has been a Jow Forums public service announcement

> 32
> wife and a 2 year old
> work a 50 hour week as a consultant, mostly on the road of flying interstate
> studying part-time (remotely), 2 subject at a time workload
> my wife is a solicitor, so we share kid routine during the week
> I train at least 4 days a week

It's about attitude and pragmatism.

You can't set a concrete pattern (i.e. 5 to 7pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Fridays) and expect it to be the ideal time for you to lift every week.

I train whenever I can, and then stick to MTFS if I don't have commitments. Means I sometimes train 6 days a week, but I've never trained less than 4 times in a week for 2 years.

Meal prep, and stick to it. If you're lazy in your eating, and busy, that excuse making "I'm tired" shit starts happening.

Lock down your food, lift hard.

You fucking idiots you get up earlier

Are you all seriously this fucking retarded. Its not hard

Pretty much nailed it right here

Work a 9 to 6 job with a 45 min to an hour commute. I want my evenings free so I'm in bed latest by 1030 and up by 5 am. Plenty of time to get to the gym and not have to rush around for work. Not hard.

>60 hour week

Is this what America is Ike?

My tip is this. Become a teacher in a non shit country. In my country (France) I finish work at 4.30, hit the gym for an hour while no one is there and get home by about 6. It helps that I chose to live five minutes walk from my workplace and 15 minutes walk from a gym. Wednesday afternoons I don't teach so I go to the gym before lunch. A friend of mine teaches in an international school in the middle East where they finish teaching at 1pm. She's got even more time.

this is unironically a good post

I work as a bartender in a city that thrives off of tourism. I can end up working anything from 10-14 hours straight.
I go to the gym four times a week- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. If I miss a day I make up for it on the weekend.
There’s always a way. If you don’t have time then make some fucking time.

Dad gains
Alarm at 445am
Gym 515-6am
Work 630-530
Go home and parent
In Bed by 9

I’m not black or middle Eastern so I don’t think I’d fit in in France. :^(

It is. I work 78 hrs a week, i work out right after waking up, when i get off work o go straight to bed

I’m starting a new job in a few days. The hours I’m hired are between 1-12pm 40 hours a week and potentially overtime(I want the money). It’s gonna be my first full time job, but I’m gonna lift in the time I have before work and on non lift days I’ll study. Its gonna be constant work but I think it’ll be good because with the little time I do have to myself I’ll want to pursue hobbies instead of vidya and beaty beaty my meaty

weekends. or just start trying to make it a habit to train before or after work just one work day. The important part is setting a habit.

I might not fit in (I'm white) but at least I'm not a mutt.

>works out for 45 mins
Not gonna make it man

Can confirm. It’s all attitude and time management.

>38
>consultant, traveling 3-4 days a week
>train 3x a week

>Job takes up 8 hours of my day
>Sleep takes up another 8
OH NO HOW AM I GOING TO WORK OUT WITH ONLY EIGHT HOURS OF TIME
Not having a girlfriend or family helps

I have a 9-5 job, workout 6x a week and still go to school at night. Stop making excuses

so basically "yeah i have enough time for the gym bro i just have to sacrifice nutrition and sleep"

>90 minutes to make breakfast and get ready
>150 minutes to make dinner and take a bath "etc."
Nigga what? Who the fuck takes a bath every day? Just shower lol. And doing all that stuff would take half of that time, so you could get 2 free hours by doing things properly anyway

3x a week, what an intense workout plan! :O

Is this a fucking joke?

168 hours in a week.

Work 8 hours a day 5 days a week = 40 hours
Sleep 8 hours a day = 56 hours

168 - 56 - 40 = 72 hours spare a week.

You mean to tell me, in 72 hours free, you can't find 5 hours a week to go to the gym?

This has to be a fucking joke.

My current routine:
Wake up at 5:30, 40 minutes of kettlebell hiit in my basement
At 11AM, take early lunch and run 5-8k
After work, calisthenics in the basement. Chinups, dips, pushups, dip bar leg rauses, etc.

That + steroids and you’re good to go, OP.

Wait until you have kids OP.

This guy is making it

Attached: 20181113_233912.png (750x812, 390K)

This is why I don't want kids

Generally only sporadically and only for ambitious people. My last job, I worked probably 70 on average. But I also leveraged it into my current position where I make $160k and pull ~35 hour weeks.

>only going to the gym 5 hours a week
ngmi

Attached: IMG_8725.jpg (605x800, 105K)

5x 1 hour set of powerlifting? If you can't make it doing that, then you're doing lightweights

>not doing isolation
>not doing abs
>not doing cardio
>not stretching/foam rolling
not gonna make it

Attached: IMG_8649.jpg (252x255, 11K)

knowing im walking towards this unironically makes me want to kill myself

If what you're doing for fitness isn't your hobby that you "chill out" doing... then do something different. I'm a 34 year old boomer, I struggled to fit lifting in my life for years since whenever life's bullshit happened, or I was tired from work or my kid me up or whatever lifting was something I just ended up not doing. I was mentally not able to willpower my way to the gym. So I was yo-yo fit and as a natty that means your gains go away real quick.

Then, however about a year ago, I discovered boxing. I am never going to be Rocky Marciano starting at this age, and my body will not look quite as aesthetic as if I only lifted for that purpose... but I do it all the time since it's so cathartic to punch the heavy bag, I can fit in a few rounds of shadow boxing at downtime at work. Sparring and smalltime fights really make feel more confident since you've felt the pain of a fight, even a knock-out. And aren't afraid of it. I'm not saying boxing is the holy grail of fitness... it's the holy grail of fitness, for me.

You need something you can do so when you have a hard day at work, or your girlfriend/boyfriend left you, or whatever you want to go do that ASAP to cheer you up. It shouldn't be a slog that you need to get through.

Attached: Db7YD9vU0AAezQl.jpg (1200x800, 128K)

wake up 2 hrs before work. gym, shower, and breakfast. go to work

Show your tripcode fatass

>not going as intense as you fucking can for 45 mins
>thinking the longer the workout the better the gains
amazing to see this meme is still alive and well

Attached: 1532614220756.jpg (632x403, 31K)

Train insane.