QTDDTOT - Questions that don't deserve their own thread

>Inflamed right bicep tendon from last sunday chest session
>Asked gp auntie and said that I should keep pressure off of it for about a week/ fortnight
>Can't risk working it for fear of chronic tendonitis
>Haven't been able to go gym for a week, only doing bodyweight squats, lunges and sit ups at home
>Haven't been able to work chest at all
Arms are off the table, but is there any chest exercise I can do that doesn't involve using my arms?

Attached: 1514860802494.jpg (273x273, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/rotisserie-core-workout/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rate how sad my time gym is.

Attached: IMG_20190209_145457.jpg (3347x3392, 1.81M)

Could be worse/10

any chest exercise I can do that doesn't involve using my arms?

Pec pops

Attached: 5E9BC6BC-FC1C-484C-B1FB-F416FF04D0CF.gif (498x276, 1.05M)

Is stevia as a sugar alternative just a meme?

i thinks you need to slow down for a couple of days and stick to bodyweight exercice my dude.

Sweeteners in general are a meme. Sweet food is for children. Cut that shit out.

I asked, apparently general weight at all would exacerbate it, includes push ups/chin ups
I'm stuck working my legs and core to compensate for my upper body floundering.

Is creatine a meme or is it legit? I cant find a good answer between the "that make your hair fall" and "yeah thats the best thing ever"
And if good which brand should i buy ?

Attached: 1522512206751.gif (1080x1080, 504K)

How much nutrients are lost in the cooking process, generally?
For the record, I'm marinating some chicken Bahn mi style and then grilling it in a tbsp of oil

can you train your triceps or you cant do arm exercises at all?

Is my curent workout routine acceptable for someone who goes to the gym since half a year?
>5x4 ohp
>5x5 deadlifts with dumbbells
>5x5 bp
>4x6 chinups
I also do periodisation. Is this helpfull or a meme?

Legit but only to very small degree.

How many time a week do you go to the gym ?

If you have been lifting 6 months then your programming does not matter. Just lift with good quality of movement and you will get stronger, don't worry about optimising.

And what about the strength boost? I read that it strengthen the muscle near the bone and help gain strength

No. It's just a recovery agent. Promotes intramuscular water retention. It does not grow or strengthen muscle.

So thats a 1, maybe 2/10 then right?

the strength boost is the legit part, creatine is necessary for high force production in muscles. i don't know what you mean by strengthening muscle near the bone

Can I finish off a workout from yesterday? I'm doing sl5x5 and went quite late yesterday so gym closed an hour early. I only did my squats and one set of Bench press, could I just finish the rest off today?

5 times. 2 days in a row, 3rd day break

What is the main difference between sumo and normal DL?

If I'm looking to increase grip strength through farmers walks, do I go for lighter weight and extended time or heavier weight and briefer time?

sure

so i can do OHP at 45kgs but only for like 3 reps.
going down to 40kgs, i can still only do 3 reps.
should i just keep doing 45 at 3 or should i deload until a weight i can do x 5?

what's a simple and clean arm exercise just for biceps? according to the symmetry strength thing, biceps are my weakest muscle.

What is even the point of lifting and becoming Jow Forums if you sport a 4 incher?

Attached: 1546899307751.jpg (400x333, 21K)

Preacher curls

Does anyone know of a good kettlebell and dumbbell based beginner routine? Preferably geared towards women,

is starting strenght just a cope from fatasses that can't lose weight??

at all, the risk of exacerbating the injury and turning it into something chronic is too large for me to want to risk anything.
Been given some anti-inflammatory's though so I reckon I'll be right. Just need to leave this shit for about another few days I think

Sumo has more leg activation than conventional

Better to be big and have a tiny dick than be skelly and have a tiny dick

checked
and looks very aesthetic and nice to me

I feel a lot of hip pain when I squat. What should i do to make it go away? I just want to hit my pathetic 2pl8 already.

Attached: 1546873871107.jpg (500x565, 16K)

my usual workout day morning looks a little like this:
wake up
eat oats + whey + some fruit, about 600-700kcal
wait 2 hours, do other shit
prepare intra- and post workout shakes (usually whey + mashed banana)
workout for about 90-100min

sometimes halfway through my workouts i feel my energy waning HARD. like i'm just an empty shell with no power at all. am i waiting too long between breakfast and starting the workout? it's become like every other workout or something like that by now... it pisses me off.

shoulders slightly in front of bar, chest above hips, hips above knees. do you have video of your diddles?

I'm working out full body every other day and on my "rest days" I do short 15 min abs workouts (think of those athlean x videos with a few added exercises).
Is this a good idea? Will my muscles still recover on my only abs days?
And also I'm bulking and eating on a 500 kcal surplus on full body days, should I eat 500 kcal surplus on my abs days too or are 300+ enough if I'm trying to clean bulk?

I took “better” pictures because the last ones were shite. But what do you think would be best for me to do just for starting out as a beginner, bulking, cutting, or trying to do recomposition?
I’m:
>6’2
>18
>170lbs
>unknown bodyfat% but I’d guess it’s around 20%

Attached: 19E70ADF-80B2-4C6F-97BF-771D9BD26141.jpg (1122x1122, 166K)

Is PPL 3x a week a waste of time? I can only lift 3x a week, should I do full body instead?

pajeet my son, first you must lift

just focus on getting .6-1.2g/lb of protein in and enjoy your beginner gains man, you can think about cutting or bulking in a year

read a book about lifting technique for intermediates so you're ready to transition

above all do conditioning work so you don't hurt yourself or wind up a grotesque freak of compensation muscles

if you really, really, really have to know, you should always eat an isocaloric diet unless you have specific plans for muscle gain

>eating carbs for breakfast
Found your problem.

>having feelings

become traumatized until you're dead inside at all times and then lift anyway

FUCK JANNIES
AND FUCK NIGGERS
AND FUCK JANNIES
AND FUCK NIGGERS
AND FUCK JANNIES
AND FUCK NIGGERS
AND FUCK JANNIES

THEY KEEP BANNING ME FOR NON-GORE POSTS

that is all

Attached: 1546039093385.gif (741x674, 118K)

>pajeet
Lol. Thanks for the advice. I’m just not trying to look like a skeleton when I do lose fat

how do I avoid using my back leg so much on one leg squats and lunges to focus on the front leg?

fullbody is way better imho
ppl is a bastard name for a bodypart split

it works but if balding/thin hair runs in your family it'll speed up the process

i'm going away for about 10 days with my family next week. I'm guessing i'll only be able to get to a gym about 3 or 4 times since we're cruising around to a few different places.

Should I just throw away my current routine while i'm there and do a full body workout a few times over the course of the holiday?

it's not a bad idea you can do some cardio too ofc
don't overdo it though
if you think you don't recover enough just alternate some complete rest days with abs days but that really isn't necessary imo

you can just have some holiday, you know

it really is a great routine for beginners
even if there might be better ones
could be a form problem or a psychologcal barrier
you cn variate your reps scheme in some double progression kind of training to go through

eh 10 days is a long time off and i've been making some decent progress recently

also i'm not drinking and lifting is like the only thing stopping me from killing myself recently so i don't want to give it up for any amount of time

Attached: gandolfini.jpg (798x798, 33K)

depends if you want to grip for a longer time or heavier weight...
you should do both imo

>could be a form problem or a psychologcal barrier
>you cn variate your reps scheme in some double progression kind of training to go through

aight user, thanks. i've recently started doing 32 x 8 as well, i'll see if that progresses better.

I'm not sure what you'll do during that travel but personnaly I find it hard to train correctly when doing that stuff
just do some random fullbody then but prioritize the travel, you won't make much gains being on the road, it's more for self appeasement

yeah fair enough, i'm not really looking to make many gains, more trying to minimize the loss of gains

I've made some good gains since I started lifting about 6 months ago, so much so that my girlfriend is inspired to go to the gym. She already does cardio and her diet is in order, but I've convinced her to take up weightlifting so she can become my thick ideal wife.

What are good routines for women? I don't so much care for her upper body but I do want her to have massive legs and glutes. I've unironically been considering putting her on SS + GOMAD

What's your opinion on the German volume training routine? Is it good or should I try something else?

is it true that one shouldnt elongate when waking up?

Here's a kind of strange question that ya'll might be able to answer.
So I kinda fucked up recently. I hit my buddy's dab pen a couple times this past Tuesday. I got really drunk and said fuck it. I have been abstaining due to fear of drug testing while looking for jobs, but I hadn't heard back from anyone in a bit and figured I could probably detox in 2ish weeks because I generally only take a couple hits of his pen once a week.
Then of course, Murphy's Law kicked in. I get a call from an employer who wanted to chat about "next steps." Wonderful. Now I'm getting paranoid that those steps might be a drug test.

So I was wondering if there were any really good ways to detox as quickly as possible via natural supplements, diet, and exercise. I workout 4x a week and am starting cardio again, and I eat pretty clean, and drink enough water. Don't have too much body fat either (probably like 17%ish). Has anyone had similar experiences or any tips or advice?

Attached: 1541813225711.png (1386x1047, 584K)

/fitlit/ here. Can you still drink a glass of red wine a day and still make it? I've read different ideas on the subject online, and ther's a very high chance that those saying it's good for you are just pandering to alchoholics; at the same time, it's part of my identity as a man of culture.

Attached: lit.png (2363x2080, 3.33M)

alright so i fucked my biceps to the point where they wont stop shaking yesterday, so I decided to just eat a bunch today. Did I go over? Keep in mind im trying to gain weight from a currently 140lbs

Attached: whoops.png (948x665, 70K)

Is it possible to build strength without building muscle or vice versa? Does strength always equal muscle?

Na stevia is good for morning coffee and tea, rogan/10

Milo of Croton drank 18 pints of the stuff a day, it can't be that bad.

How to gym? I'm kinda autistic, don't have friends to go together and I am an absolute beginner. How should I approach going to a gym for the first time?

mass -> strength
strength -/-> mass

cns adaptation, flexibility, core endurance all play a vital role in determining how much weight you can move and where you can move it

read the sticky

scoobysworkshop.com/rotisserie-core-workout/

do this and a rowing machine with proper form on max resistance for the first month so you don't injure yourself or end up coaching yourself into terrible form / posture and wind up a weird bulging mass of compensatory muscles

the rowing machine is just a suggestion there are a lot of other good light resistance full body exercises but rowing is also great for autism given the repetitive motion and that fun feel of the spinny wheel

then do stronglifts 5x5

eat more protein, so much it makes you sick, you won't be able to eat enough realistically as a beginner so ignore the "thats too much" fags

you're literally not going to be able to eat too much

It’s both (will speed up baldness if you were gonna be bald anyway)

What exercises train the forearms?

How and when do you increase weight on non-linear progression? I feel like ive been fucking myself using rpe when the weight isnt increasing every time.

Attached: 1547563557925.jpg (1024x1013, 135K)

Lift light and feel it out. The proper way to fix any kind of form issue is to feel it out with light weight.

Men's and women's routines don't differ in any way. Work on what you want to.

if it's just a dab pen that stuff goes out of your system in like a week or two max. Just depends on how much you had.

anything involving hanging: chin ups, hanging leg raises, dead hangs, shrugs, DOH deadlifts, farmer's walks, etc.

You increase whenever you can. Some weeks you'll be lifting 10 more pounds than previously, some weeks you'll have to deload. Just listen to your body and progress where you can. Maybe consider microloading if you're struggling on a particular exercise.

Is this girl I know on juice? She actually doesn't look too muscular in most pics of her, and she's a crossfit instructor.

I think if she was juicing she'd be a lot bigger, right?

If she's not juicing, then I think she's an excellent model for portraying how fit an athletic woman can get natty. Kind of tired of seeing super roided females on IG who pretend they're natty.

Attached: PicsArt_02-09-12.30.55.jpg (1440x958, 164K)

Thanks, i feel way stronger in my goal lift but my linear progression was so fast I feel anxious now.

lmao, that girl is not on roids. I'd be very upset if that was the end result of a cycle. Shoulders and traps, particularly on woman, are usual signifiers of steroid use. Her shoulders barely exist and the only real thing about her body that sticks out is her core which is completely achievable naturally.

Gotcha, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the input bro.

I hope I'll be clean in time for the test. It wasn't much, was two rips and then I passed out.
I really want this job and I hope my dumb ass didn't fuck it up. Best situation would be that they wouldn't test me at all, but better safe than sorry. We'll see what those next steps are soon enough.

and how big should my calorie surplus be on those abs days?

I started mid last summer.
It was hard to me bench even the bar alone.
Now I lift like 3 to 6 times more in everything except bicep.
Are bicep just harder to improve or I am doing something wrong ?
Starting bench was bar only ( 10kg ) now its 40kg ( reps 3x10 ).
Starting single curl was 3-4kg now is 6kg ( reps 4 x 8 ).

I'm 170cm tall and 63kg eu male weakfag

I'm closing in on needing to graduate from SL. I'm looking at PH3 and I think that with some tiny modifications it could be a program I really like.

But what is this BFR stuff? Lane Norton seems legit but I've never heard of this, is putting a tourniquet on your arms and legs real or is it a meme/broscience?

Attached: bro science.jpg (360x500, 138K)

Bros pls help. I've been dating this girl recently, she's definitely into me but she's also pretty inexperienced and I'm more or less in complete control over the pacing of the relationship. This is terrible for me because I'm a stock Jow Forums autist and I just don't know how to advance things in certain ways. I could use some advice so I can keep the intimacy moving forward and not stagnating until the door's closed.

We've gone on a couple dates, cuddled a lot, but we haven't kissed yet. We're going out for dinner this wednesday and I think it would be a good opportunity to go for it, but I have literally no clue when/how to do it over the course of the date.

Attached: worry.jpg (199x254, 8K)

If I am lifting with a calorie deficit will I hit a limit weight wise?

How many extra calories do I need if I’m bulking but I fuck/make out about 4 hkurs a week? I try to avoud cardio of any sort, but I didn’t account for someone finding me sexually attractive.

I mean the weight I am lifting not my body weight.

Yes

Nice bait, calories are negligible

Just get to a point when you two are alone or in a private-ish place. Keep looking her in the eyes and lean in a little. Wait for her to reciprocate. If she does, it's macking time.

Pretty sure I have some sort of shoulder injury. Feels like mild tendinitis but its a dull pain around my front delt area near the top of my bicep.
Taking off for a couple of weeks then heading back in. If it persists and I end up being told by a PT to take months off, what can I do?

I'm in fatfuck mode and was expecting to start cutting soon. I will feel like awful garbage if I need to stay like this for the next 5 months especially going into summer.
If I try to lose weight will I just end up buring all of my muscle away?

>Inflamed right bicep tendon from last sunday chest session
You don't even know what this means. Stop being a little pussy bitch and keep training

The past fortnight or so i've lifted last mon/weds/fri, then sun/tues/thurs and now i'm taking rest days until Monday to go back to a 3 day a week routine.
Have I risked overtraining lifting every other day for almost two weeks?

I’m struggling to lift the dumbbells up for my bench, is it worth adding some cleans onto SL 5x5? What day should I add it to?

no

My deadlift is now at a measly 110kg and my squat at 100kg.
Assuming an average of 2 deadlift and 2 squat sessions a week, how much weight could I reasonably expect to add in the coming year?

Want to set an achievable goal for this year.

I measured myself and did the calculations just now (3 times) and I’m 9% body fat (9.5% to be specific) and not anywhere close to where I thought I was.

Can I lift barefoot? What about socks only?

Am I supposed to be shitting so much when I'm bulking? I used to only have to go once or twice a day but now I'm shitting every hour

if its homegym sure

What are you gym's small plates? Mine are 2.5 lbs, I assume in fake countries you have ~1.25kg plates.
Add 2.5kg per week, for as long as you can.

When I get done doing my arm weights, my left bicep seems harder than my right. Does that mean I'm working it more than i am the right?

I started doing preacher curls (ez-bar, 75lbs at max) and bench dips. During and for a few hours after, I get a strong ache in my forearms -- it feels like a bone-y ache. It's more in my ulna than my radius.

Is there a name for this ache? What can I do to avoid this? Should I just do standing barbell curls instead? And use a dip machine for dips?