Any hernia bros here...

Any hernia bros here? Just had a surgery for inguinal hernia few months ago and its greatly improved my life and ability to lift. However I'm feeling something like a start of a new one on my other side of body. [spoiler]Surgery cost me 110€, god bless social healthcare[/spoiler]

How has your hernia affected your lifting, did you take care of it or live with it?

Attached: hernia.webm (690x388, 530K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25693015
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is this webm , glad to hear youre doing better though bro

Very far developed hernia unless I have mistaken some other condition for hernia

>A hernia is the abnormal exit of tissue or an organ, such as the bowel, through the wall of the cavity in which it normally resides
>Hernias are partly genetic and occur more often in certain families. It is unclear if groin hernias are associated with heavy lifting.
>About 27% of males and 3% of females develop a groin hernia at some time in their life

A hernia develops slowly and is often painless but annoying, and since it can't heal by itself it'll require a surgery at some point unless it never escalates from a mild form into something bigger.

Attached: hernia.jpg (549x309, 17K)

I got a bad one a year and a half ago from 2 back to back emergency surgeries. They had to wait 6 months to fix it which required basically a total reconstruction of my abs. Was told not to lift at all until a couple months after the repair was done. Since it was the abs, I didn't want to take any chances, so I did almost no strenuous activity including sex.
>pic related was day before the repair

If you're feeling a new one, get it checked out first before you make any other decisions. A strangulated hernia is way more complicated to fix than an early one

Attached: gutburster.jpg (538x624, 40K)

That's a big one. Did it get to that point over long time or suddenly?

Luckily for me the new one is one other side of groin and isn't even pushing out yet, so it can't be felt with hand or pushing stomach forward. However it has a the same feeling as my fixed hernia before it truly ''emerged''.

nightmare fuel

>About 27% of males and 3% of females develop a groin hernia at some time in their life

I happened to be in the 27%, don't know how it even appeared. Surgery left a 2.5 inch scar and a lifetime paranoia about heavy lifts.

That pic was 6 months from the second emergency surgery. This pic was about 2 weeks after that same surgery. Part of what happened was I wound up losing some of the sutures due to some coughing, and it opened the wound a bit allowing for the tissue to spread out more during healing. The surgeon said there would be a hernia there regardless, but I think the suture rip contributed to the final size of the hernia

Attached: 2017.jpg (1897x1717, 564K)

I'd kill myself

It's actually healed up very well. I would take a pic, but I look like shit now because of a long period of no lifting for other health reasons. The scar is very prominent because I didn't do any topical shit to reduce the appearance, but I kind of dig it anyway. It's almost like the Kratos wound

Attached: NsuSMvw.jpg (1020x685, 107K)

Also, have a webm I took

Attached: fugg.webm (320x180, 1.75M)

What the fuck, doesnt it hurt?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the fuck, wasn't it supposed to be fixed

Attached: dont.jpg (800x795, 77K)

can i fuck that hole?

It didn't at the time

It is fixed. That webm was like a month before the repair surgery

Only if your girth is no bigger than a quarter

+taxes
+slower long term economy

I had an inguinal hernia. Can't imagine ever living with that long-term. It was painful and annoying.
Although the hernia mesh causes me some issues with pain and inflammation occasionally, it's nothing serious. Such is the cost of living an active life.

maybe we can just stretch it :3

>Only if your girth is no bigger than a quarter
finally, a job for me

Jesus Christ. I had two as a kid, but both were less than an inch and both god fixed real good.

how did you guys get hernias? and wich kind of race, or genetics are more prone to have them

White, my father has one too so it's genetic to some degree in my case.

Noticed it first while celebrating midsummer. Never became painful, but it slowly became more protruding but never enough that it'd show through skin. Eventually asked for surgery, had it approved and got over it. Since hernias NEVER heal by themselves it's recommendable to fix them early to avoid complications, although it needs to have advanced to some point until a doctor is willing to fix it.

will wearing a belt increase your chances of getting a hernia?

>Causes of hiatus hernia vary depending on each individual. Among the multiple causes, however, are the mechanical causes which include: improper heavy weight lifting, hard coughing bouts, sharp blows to the abdomen, and incorrect posture.
>Furthermore, conditions that increase the pressure of the abdominal cavity may also cause hernias or worsen the existing ones. Some examples would be: obesity, straining during a bowel movement or urination (constipation, enlarged prostate), chronic lung disease, and also, fluid in the abdominal cavity (ascites).
>Also, if muscles are weakened due to poor nutrition, smoking, and overexertion, hernias are more likely to occur.

i guess wearing a belt would could as increasing the pressure wouldnt it?

I highly doubt it'd have any form of meaningful contribution to the forming of the condition. I wouldn't adjust my use of belt out of fear of hernia, unless I already had hernia, and even then it wouldn't be the belt but rather exercises which I'd do.

>27% of males

This is probably an underestimation, particularly here in America. The number of unreported minor herniations is probably insanely high. They just feel like a sore spot near your gut or a weird spot in your abs, no reason to mention them to a doctor and even less likely you'll get a scan for a minor inconvenience.

We can double team

Attached: maxresdefault (67).jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Herniated L3. Saw a chiropractor for six months, dialed my squats and deadlifts down to 135 lbs and started progression over, wearing a belt at all times if my lower back is involved in any way.
Took me about two years to get to lmao 3pl8. My back still gives me shit after deadlifts, but nowhere near the crippling pain that was post-accident.

>lifting is good for y-

alright.. thanks man. this has got me paranoid now to be honest

Hernia doesn't suddenly turn into a life threatening strangulation, it starts with small noticeable symptoms like a bump that sometimes has to be pushed inside (but won't be a problem even if you don't), that's usually painless, has no real symptoms that would be a danger but it can be unnerving and annoying. If you let it develop for long it can become like that (or rather will). I personally had my hernia for about 15 months and it didn't turn painful, but I wanted to get rid of it before a trip to overseas so it couldn't possibly become a problem there.

thank you for typing this out. gave me peace of mind . wish you best of health brother

What the fuck

Attached: 1503800664665.png (220x218, 52K)

being fat and sitting improperly at a computer chair

half this site probably has a herniated disc or abdominal hernia and just doesn't know it

>and since it can't heal by itself

Why can't a small hernia heal by itself? It's a tear in the abdomen, surely losing weight and tightening your abdominal muscles should heal it, the hernia goes when you lie down so we know the intestines are pushed by inside, is there a reason the hole can't be tightened?

No, once begun it won't heal by itself, ever. The speed at which it deteriorates however can take for a very long time.

Why? Why can't it heal like any other tear?

My dad has had an hernia for 3 years now, but he refused to get surgery, I heard complicated hernias can get real nasty, how do I convince the old man to get surgery?

A friend of mine got one by coughing lmao, so you never know

why does his abdomen look like the tuvan throat singing guy at the beginning

Attached: vzvz.jpg (480x360, 19K)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25693015
wikipedia cited 27% out of this paper, but the paper itself doesn't establish this anywhere, let alone the prediction that 27% of males will develop a hernia.

Stop bros, please!
God provides user

A hernia is a faulty healing in the first place. The muscle is torn and the internal pressure pushes the sides of the tear apart from each other so they do not reconnect