Peppermint oil for hair growth

Hi guys,
I've tried peppermint oil for 3 months trying to regrow my hair and I've seen some results. Gf noticed it, too
It's 3-5% peppermint oil in jojoba oil
I apply a few drops most on the hairline and spread it with my fingers everynight
I also put the excess I had on my fingertips on my beard and I swear it got thicker, too
Also I put 3-4 pure peppermint oil when I shampoo and let it sit for 2 minutes. The first days the cooling effect was mad, then I got used to it

source
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/

Attached: peo.jpg (2000x300, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Majestic-Pure-Peppermint-Essential-Therapeutic/dp/B00PV15BPW/
amazon.com/USDA-Organic-Jojoba-Oil-Unrefined/dp/B01A74442I/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if thats you, nice work.

I put 4 drops of peppermint oil in my shampoo and my bald spot is pretty much gone.

Yeah, it's me
How long have you been using the oil?

Sounds like hippie-dippy bullshit. Everything that actually works is only through Rx or is illegal.

what the fuck OP, those results are amazing, and the source also looks pretty legit. imma buy peppermint oil and jojoba oil tomorrow and if this works imma pray 4 u every night nigger

good luck!
please test everything on the back of the hand for a couple days before putting it on your head
don't put peppermint oil undiluted on your head

Damn!! I almost forgot to say this got rid of my dandruff! I always use Clear shampoo but I used to get a bit of dandruff every 4 weeks or so
Now it's completely gone

yeah im thinking what ill do is put the peppermint oil in jojoba oil? do you think that'd be a good idea? also any idea why peppermint oil helps hair growth exactly? cbf to read the whole paper

Did you buy the peppermint oil already mixed in with jojabo oil? Or what amounts did you dilute it with?
I hope you’re not trolling cause that’s crazy results

I'd also like to know the answer to this question. Is it just a few drops of peppermint oil? The study says 3% peppermint oil mixed into jojoba oil so does that mean 3% of the jojoba oil should be peppermint oil? I.e., 97ml jojba oil for every 3ml of peppermint oil?

can you link us to the brands you use?

yeah, I put the peo in the jojoba oil
>our experimental data suggest that 3% PEO facilitates hair growth by promoting the conservation of vascularization of hair dermal papilla
Probably it enhances circulation to hair follicles
also (on mice):
>we analyzed the mRNA expression of IGF-1 gene. It is a potent mitogen supporting cell growth and survival (23) and also plays a role to increase hair thickness (24). In our study, PEO showed remarkably increased IGF-1 mRNA expression at week 2, whereas MXD at week 4.

I bought them separately. A small bottle of peo and a bigger one of jojoba
each drop from the peo bottle is 0.05ml so I calculated the right amount. Surely I put a little more than 3% (like very few drops more)

i know fuck all about regrowing hair topic because im young and havent gotten to that stage yet but would just massaging the area affect it in anyway and maybe the oil is just marketing but dont take anything i say as proof or anything just a question.

I didn't put them because I don't want to sound like I was shilling the products
btw I got them off amazon
Naissance jojoba golden 100% pure
The peppermint oil is from Mystic Moments. It's Mentha Piperita
recently I bought Mentha Arvensis by mistake and I put it in the shampoo (I still have the original jojoba - piperita mixture, more than half left). Arvensis has a lot more menthol in it but it isn't clear if it's menthol that promotes hair growth

Interesting but I'd like to see what your hair looks like now at the length in the first pic.

Anyways thinking about buying these two
amazon.com/Majestic-Pure-Peppermint-Essential-Therapeutic/dp/B00PV15BPW/
amazon.com/USDA-Organic-Jojoba-Oil-Unrefined/dp/B01A74442I/

Does this look alright? I'm guessing I just squirt 0.2 ounces or a bit over 5.5 ml of peppermint oil into the jojoba and shake it up or something?

My brother started losing his hair in his late teens but diffusely. Like very very very thin hair but he kept his hairline. He's been on fin for 15 years and he had no noticeable sides (he's 35 now). I have a very high libido and when he stopped fin for a few months (he was trying to have a baby and I told him about a few studies about finasteride in sperm and baby health) he told me he felt like he could fuck everything so I guess that's how I feel everyday. When his daughter was born, he got back on fin.
Didn't want to experience sides so I never hopped on fin.
I could've tried minox but I didn't care much and didn't want to depend on it
So I just started this for fun after researching (I'm a med student)

Does peppermint oil work for the beard?

The jojoba oil, was it organic or cold pressed? its the bottle with 233 on it right?
and for the peppermint was it fragrance oil or the eucalyptus peppermint?
thanks user you're doing god's work

Do you have to use it with jojoba oil?

Also, how much do you use? Is a 10ml enough for a month?

yep, these look ok.
I shake it before putting it on my head but they already mix perfectly
>Interesting but I'd like to see what your hair looks like now at the length in the first pic.
yeah, obviously longer hair enhance the effect of fullness but where I was getting "shiny bald" I now am growing hair
cold pressed. pic related

I really hope you all get benefits from this but keep living your life and focus on improving yourselves. I shaved my head and it wasn't that bad, some of my friends digged it and I felt more confident not having to care about my hair (like having to comb it to cover my bald spots)

Attached: these two.jpg (1018x1500, 95K)

It SEEMS my beard is a bit thicker and grows faster
yeah, it's irritating undiluted
if you just do the jojoba + peo mixture, 10 ml will be more than enough. If you want to put it in your shampoo, go for a bigger bottle, it's usually twice the price but 10x the amount

I don't mind, I'm focusing 100% on myself right now. Just health, physical, and money. Currently I'm doing the keto meme and let me tell you, my libido is through the roof, I'm losing fat and slowly gaining muscle and my hair has stopped falling so much compared to before (but not growing back) so I'm pretty happy with it

thanks for this user will but it right now

I was doing it for fun and wasn't expecting anything
But when I went to my gf's after a month (she now works in another city and I have to finish uni) and she gave me a surprised look asking me if I was putting that oil on my head (I showed her that study months ago) I knew something was happening

Literally nothing changed, you just grew your hair longer

Attached: 1335550190062.jpg (1500x1500, 1.56M)

keto is a meme, IF instead - same benefits

I don't agree, I have done both. IF when you're eating high carb makes you fucking miserable.

What about the fact that peppermint has estrogenic properties? Have you checked your test levels? It's the only thing keeping me from hopping on.

yeah, show up in a month with a haircut so we can see

wtf are you talking about? IF is easy keto is fucking torture

Just shave it bro, women love that shit

One of the graphs showed that it increased follicle number more than minoxidil.
I think I'm gonna try rubbing this shit on my face.

Attached: 1537288389593.jpg (228x221, 5K)

Imagine being this dumb

Hmm
Where do you buy peppermint oil? I already shaved my head bald but it might be worth it just for scalp health

Try Bhringraj oil

The most important question is does it remove all the hair you've gained when you stop taking it like minox?
It works the same way so i bet you lose it all when you stop

yes you go back to where you started minus probably what you would have lost without minoxidil during that time.

If applying 1ml of liquid twice a day which takes like 4min total is too much work for you then you simply never wanted your hair bad enough.

I don't know but you also lose your gains if you stop hitting the gym
amazon, but you need to dilute it.

Alright OP I just ordered some, you better not be memeing

I'm not talking about minox nigger
that op study says it doesn't show toxic effects minox has so that is why i asked
And minox only works for a couple of years.

im confused, is peppermint oil/jobaba stopping your hair folicles from receiving DHT?

>shills, the thread

peppermint oil does, yeah. Jojoba is just the carrier oil, there are other oils you could use for the same purpose.

so how exactly do I mix this, do I get shampoo and drop peppermint oil in, or do I mix jojoba and peppermint oil together and if so in what ratio
also would this work with microneedling

Do you think that putting some drops in shampoo and let it sit two minutes would work?

You guys can also try a castor oil and peppermint oil mixture (80%-20% the ratio I use for example). It's good for hair, beard and your skin, as I don't need to use any sort of face cream or moisturizer. Also, the minty smell persists for quite a few hours.

when I shampoo I put the usual amount on my hand and then put 3-4 drops of pure peppermint oil over it and put it all on my head and mix it on my hair, leaving it for 2 minutes

before going to sleep or whatever (once a day) I put the jojoba + peppermint mix (3-5% peppermint, the rest is jojoba) on my scalp

I do that because when I shampoo I obviously wash away the jojoba/peo mix I had on my head. I don't know if it would work alone, I do that to maximize the amount of time I have peppermint on my scalp

castron must be 5w30 or 5w40?

lmao depends on the season

do you use nizoral shampoo at all (Ketoconazole)

2 months

made my own 5% solution with jojoba oil for beard growth. 2 weeks in with no results so far, except the little beard i have seems to grow a little quicker. Really hoping this could be the new minoxidil so i dont have to prematurely age and have heart palpations just to get a beard

you are fucking retarded, stay bald lol
it doesn't matter what oil/drug you apply, you lose your gains as you stop using it.
>hurr only 3 years, dicks falling off, face aging durrr
kys you branlet

Well sod it, for £20 on Amazon I'll give it a go. If it doesn't help then at least I've got some nice smelling oils to put in the bath or something.

I don't

No offense but looks a bit like you just grew it out. However I am willing to vive this a chance and report back.
Can you break down your application routine and measurements for the mix of peppermint + jojiba? Thank you in advance.

Also, you spread it before bed and leave it overnight then rinse it off, or how exactly do you do it?

>measurements for the mix of peppermint + jojiba

5% peppermint

Yeah I saw that, and later on the 0.5 mil droplets as well. Thanks, and thanks to OP for the thread. Keep up the good work guys.

not offended :)
surely growing it out enhanced the effect but there is something more. I used to keep it shorter because when it got longer it showed the bald spots more. a mix of some hair back and thicker hair
I hold my hair to expose the bald spots and put 1-2 drops in each spot.
I've just applied it like usual and i put 2 drops on the temples, one for the front hairline, one on the vertex, 1 on the middle right and 1 on the middle left, 1 on the front right side and 1 on the front left side. Then I run my fingers through my hair to make sure I spread it on the rest of the scalp, front to back, front to side, 3-4 times. No massaging or whatever (but it might help, actually)
At this point I have oily fingertips and I run them in my beard. Then I wash my hands