What diet does science actually support?

What diet does science actually support?
I swear to god, one minute X is great for you, then the next minute X is horrible for you

What can I actually eat? What are some simple rules to eat well?

Is sat fat bad? Is polyunsat fat bad? Is dietary cholesterol bad?
Are carbs bad?

I've read a bunch of shit on nutrition, but as soon as I reach a conclusion, everything changes

Attached: Good_Food_Display_-_NCI_Visuals_Online.jpg (2700x1800, 3.13M)

becouse theres no one and only way to eat thats scientificaly proven to be better than all the others

Eat meat, and vegetables, fruits, limited grains like oatmeal. Eat as wide of a variety of these things as possible and you will never have any trouble.
If looking to lose weight eat below tdee, if looking to bulk, eat a few hundred cals over tdee. /thread/

How do we come to know things through science?

Explain that and you'll understand

As of now, vegan with some supplementation

False. Eating processed junk food, soda, and candy, is proven to be objectively worse than all (healthy diets)

You don't /thread your own shit

That being said, /thread

Here goes the thread. Smh

My current eating rules are:
1) Eat enough protein and fat, get carbs (brown rice and scot oats) in for energy
2) Eat plenty of veg, make sure to have a good omega 3/6 ratio
2) Avoid all processed foods
3) Avoid sugar and vegetable oils (although there is a lot of contradictory shit on the latter -- I know at least that sugar is bad)

I think as long as I avoid junk, I'll be fine enough. Fuck the minutiae of "how much fat, how much cholesterol, is meat okay? what types? fried or stewed?"

l2logic, just becouse you can say that one way of eating is worse than others does not mean the same as saying that theres is one way of eating that is the best

((((science)))))

That is the way to do it user. It is nice not having to think about what to eat. If its on the list its good to go.
I just eat meat and veggies, some nuts and seeds and a bowl of oats a day. Stay active with lifting, swimming, and a bit of cardio, and you can't help but be in top shape.
For me summer cut I am removing nuts and seeds. I also try to eat a good amount of fish salmon, deens, and tuna for omega 3s.

Fair enough. I didn't read your post properly.

Food science is very imprecise for the same reason exercise science is. The body is an extremely complex dynamic system with significant variations between individuals and circumstances. Gaining or losing weight may be as simple as thermodynamics, but what’s “healthy” depends on situation, condition, priority, and myriad other factors. The best diet is whatever makes you feel best without negative health outcomes, and while there may be some diets that are universally “pretty good” the best diet for you will be individual.
To find your “best diet”, track every bite you eat and keep a training journal and a regular daily diary as well, focusing on energy levels, bowel movements, weight, body fat, cholesterol, blood pressure and resting heart rate. Try and also include other factors in your diary, such as how you sleep, stress at work, personal stressors or successes, etc.
If possible, get quarterly blood work as well.

kinda cool how our bodies are mysterious and we dont quite know what we are.

yeah I've already kinda been doing that
I know there's certain foods that fuck my shit up on an intestinal level (i've probably got some form of IBS) so I avoid them even though they are "healthy"

At the moment my meals are as follows:

a) big load of 20% fat beef mince, fried with various veg, spices, sauces (I mix it up)
b) Banana and oats in milk
c) Milk blended with whey and peanut butter (currently something I'm considering changing, as it can cause me to feel bloated and lethargic -- probably doesn't digest well)
d) Oily fish with brown rice (+various veg and spices etc)

and if I feel I haven't had enough veg, I'll roast some carrots and broccoli -- probably melt some mature cheddar cheese on top

I'm considering adding more fermented foods to my diet too, so I might make some Kefir and Saurkraut

Eat enough protein. Around0. 8 pounds per bw.Enough to mantain muscle mass Eat enough fat. Around 0.3-0.5g per pounds bw. Enough for hormonal health.
The rest you can fight endlessly on.

The don't eat much and drink water only diet.

At the moment carnivore is the greatest thing in the world but who knows how long it will last

Attached: carnivore.png (476x584, 582K)

The eat a lot and drink water diet.

I wouldn't fuck either of her

Science shows that vegetarian and omnivorous diets yield similar results as far as lifespan. They simply die from different causes.
From personal experience, having tried a clean vegetarian diet for a year, carnivore/low carb is best.

Don't think she would fuck you either

If I'm not mistaken, Mediterranean diet is the most supported by science.

>Not pooping with a vegan diet
That's a fucking lie lmao

Studies always seem to show plant based dieters missing bowel movements, could be something to do with the transistioning period (i dont know) but it's definatly not a lie.

>What diet does science actually support?
A nutritionally balanced, portion-controlled omnivorous one.

Fiber is actually bad for you, that's the whole "secret"