In this video Rippetoe explains squat technique...

In this video Rippetoe explains squat technique. The comments section of this video are full of people saying it's not a squat at all, the form is wrong etc...

I am inclined to believe Rippetoe, since he wrote the book, but what gives? Are these people right? Is rippletits full of shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=nhoikoUEI8U

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 6.01.25 PM.png (1460x832, 1.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FG0JlnfBOWI
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ripptoad is always full of shit.

why though

>lowbar

Lowbar is the incel squat
Chads to ATG highbar

Attached: sss1.jpg (2843x1782, 819K)

Reminder that Rippletits is a literal cuckold who shares his partner with young black bulls and then critiques their performance on cuck forums

post body

Attached: mark-rippletoe.jpg (433x480, 40K)

Even for lowbar that looks weird.

That's not rippetoe, but he was yoked as fuck too.
He answered that in one of his Q&A's and showed an old pic of his during comp, doing some heavy deadlift.

see how his fucking head is down.

wtf is down there?

Look up when you squat.

why is he bending at the waist when he reaches bottom?

spine straight drop into the bottom controlled and then straight up.

The 'rippetoe' squat is a framework. Tons of people coached by him and SS coaches make changes depending on the person but it generally follows the same guidelines. I dont think there is a more detailed guide on how to squat than what rippetoe wrote in starting strength (plus he has dozens of videos on it).
Not many people have the mobility required to Highbar squat especially beginers. people who shill highbar on Jow Forums are generally are much weaker than people who do lowbar. Take that for what you will.

Attached: chasesquat.webm (640x640, 2.84M)

This guy's retarded. Mark's method is fine for anyone to get into. Once you're beyond SS and actually moving some weight, you'll begin changing your form to suit your own body better.

This

thanks, i tend to believe the guy since he is a legitimate authority, but i dont understand all the dissent. None of the people criticizing it bother to explain WHY it's bad form so I guess they are the one's full of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=FG0JlnfBOWI

here is a video where he explains why you bend over during the squat. feel free to enlighten us why you are right and he is wrong

HB needs more mobility?

i'd call bullshit. Its the EZ mode squat, place on traps, place arms close and brace.
It also has less chance of injurie, less strain on the wrist and elbows.

So hb is great for volume workouts.

>Its the EZ mode squat
do you want me to tell you how i know you don't squat 4 plate.

>It also has less chance of injury, less strain on the wrist and elbows.
absolutely false.

But I thought all starting strength did was give you a big ass?

It puts more strain on the wrist than low bar you absolute retard.

ask me how do I know you never tried low bar before

>lowbar is nicer on the wrists

ask be how I know you've never squatted before

The weight of the bar isnt supported by your wrists in a SS style lowbar squat. Your hand is balled into a fist and place over the bar to support and stabilize the bar. READ THE BOOK phaggot

Care to share that pic?

ted cruz in the back

>big ass
>bench press
>ohp
>barbell rows

???

how retarded would you have to be

most people on this site don't even have a bach degree

unless someone has published a book or has a degree there's absolutely zero reason to believe them over a pro

I have yet to see ANYONE run his shitty program and come out LOOKING like they actually lift. I don't mean IFBB-pro level aesthetics, I mean to be able to look at them and even they they workout.

Attached: exotic.jpg (1600x900, 557K)

degrees are worthless desu

80% of aesthetics is just being below 12% bodyfat

this was the best quality I could find

Attached: download.jpg (258x196, 8K)

Because youtube is full of normies, the same majority you see at the gym. Weightlifting is pretty forgiving as far as activities go to see results, hence why misinformation is rampant and everyone and their mother feels justified to call themselves an expert.

hold up, let me go grab my electron microscope

It’s called ‘Starting Strength’ for a reason... Not ‘Starting Aesthetics’

Attached: 38CCDF3C-B42E-4A91-8AB4-E4114F69FBE6.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

>t. doesn't have a degree

>starting

you should be able to tell you lift after 6 months to a year. Anyone that follows Starting Shit for that long looks exactly the same.

I have a masters in mechanical engineering and work for an aircraft manufacturer, but the majority of skills I've accumulated could've easily been acquired from google and youtube. It's only low-level HR people (probably like yourself) that jizz over degrees.

Why would anyone want to gain more strength at the expense of getting fat and unathletic?
I don't understand.

>t. has an accounting degree and brags about it at family reunions

yes retard, because you're supposed to follow it until it stops working, which will rarely be 6 months, let alone a year.

because cardio is such a foreign idea in the lifting community that nobody actually believes you can improve fitness ie cardiovascular stamina as long as you meet maintenance or surplus

Unironically incels do bodybuilding, powerlifting, and Olympic.

I have never met a non chad in MMA. Athletics is where nonincels go.

>*slaps your gf's ass at the bar
>what you gonna do about it, twink?

Attached: index.jpg (214x236, 9K)

Chase needs to slow down a little. He'd be a better squatter if he waited until the bar stopped moving before he squatted.

i will call the police on you if you touch me , swine

>laughs heartily
>"Ok big guy! Don't get upset!"
>Walks away laughing
>Your gf is poisoned against you and her pussy dries up at the thought of you getting mogged by a real man
>After weeks of no sex, she will break up with you

Fag, what a waste of money and talent

>real man
>can't climb stairs without getting out of breath

>bald
lol he literally got big to hide from the fact he's insecure about his hairline

Let me fix that for you:
>*slaps your gf's ass at the bar
>what you gonna do about it, twink?

Attached: zach.jpg (480x640, 130K)

fair enough but it's not like someone who was 20lbs lighter and more photogenic is going to be able to kick his ass

Well, he could, if he trained martial arts. That's far important than just being huge.
Pic related is from a video where an MMA fighter killed a powerlifter with his bare hands. You could look it up if you want, it's pretty brutal though.

Attached: mma vs powerlifter.png (380x241, 141K)

I do low bar because I'm able to keep my torso more upright, which puts less strain on my lower back.
I slipped a disc a few years ago. Other than deadlifts, I take as much force off my lumbar as I can.

>Look up when you squat.
Literally asking for snap city
Looking at the ground puts your spine in a natural ergonomic alignment and assists with maintaining proper form. It's the natural posture you see high-level powerlifters taking back before a lot of the broscience was standardized and that's why Mark does it.

Mark is retarded on nutrition and psychology, but not weightlifting.

Yeah Amazon definitely would have hired me as a control systems engineer if I put down my extensive YouTube library instead of my education. I shouldn't have gotten that degree. It's a piece of paper showing you're a responsible adult that can stay committed. Also you know a thing or two.

Attached: 1548781127995.jpg (530x530, 68K)

Don't tuck your chin like a retard and it's otherwise fine. I have no idea when this "Look at your own taint" shit started up, but that wasn't what he was telling people to do in 2009. Back then, he specifically stressed that the neck was to remain NEUTRAL.

Actively flexing your neck is going to loosen your upper back and ruin the "shelf" for the bar to rest on.

>It's a piece of paper showing you're a responsible adult that can stay committed
Literally only matters to HR landwhales who use degrees as filters so they don't have to do their jobs and search through huge numbers of applicants.

>Look up when you squat.

.t Complete retard

If there's anything dumber than tucking your chin when squatting is actively looking up when squatting.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

god I hate hr landwhales
I would support a second holocaust just so I could gas them all