How long would it take me to squat 300 kg (662 pounds), could i do this on a linear progression routine?...

how long would it take me to squat 300 kg (662 pounds), could i do this on a linear progression routine?, just keep adding a few pounds per week till i reach those numbers? can i do it on 5 years?, any tips squat bros?
squatlets don't interact

Attached: Toshiki-Yamamoto-290kg-squats.png (678x698, 168K)

linear would be a complete waste of time, ~1kg a week as a beginner ?? and it would probably get a lot harder towards the end 250 - 300kg in a year?
strength isnt so simple as far as i know

Most likely if you can't squat at least 200kgs after your first year you will never ever squat 300kgs.

bro I don't think you'll ever squat 300kg if you don't even consider posting your current lifts, body, diet, etc

one year max
retard

try squatting everyday at a comfortable max like ~90% and bump 10lbs every 10 days and do that for like 6 momths u would progress pretty far probably not 300kg though

>how long will it take?

nobody knows, 300 kg might be impossible, or maybe you're really good at squatting.

>could I do this on a linear progression routine

absolutely not.

>can I do it on 5 years?

nobody knows, but I doubt it, let's say you're proeficient and start at like 315, let's say you can add 5 lbs for the first 2 months of your LP, so you get to 435 lbs, let's say you add 5lbs every 2 weeks after that for 2 months, then 5 lbs every month for 3 months, 5lbs every 2 months twice, 5lbs after 4 month, 5 lbs the next 6 months. You're not even breaking 500 here and this is around 2 years of training, from a start with absurd numbers and from a point where it will just get harder to progress.

300kg is an INCREDIBLE amount of weight

Brown rice, chicken, and creatine and you can get this in 6 months

so if not a linear progression then what do you guys recommend?
just to be sure, im talking about kilograms here, in pounds 300 kg are 662 pounds, are you telling me that i can squat over 600 pound in a year?, if so then awesome.
thanks
i squat 157 pounds (plz no bully, im looking to get serious at lifting and squat being my focus)

>are you telling me that i can squat over 600 pound in a year?
No I literally told you that if you cant squat around 200kg after your first year you will never no matter how hard you try reach 300kgs squat. Maybe if you roid hard and bloat then you might have a chance.

Go to a power lifting gym with good coaches and you might could.

OP look closely at the genetic freak you posted squatting there
He has
-ridiculous ankle dorsiflexion
-short chink femurs
-wide open floor sitting hips
-relatively long torso for his rice fueled body
-the entire backing of a country paying for him to literally lift weights for a living
Now compare yourself to him and ask if you’ll squat what he squats

I mean don't get me wrong, you absolutely can squat that as a natural but it will take a fucking long time, if you even become able to handle such weight so do not become discouraged, I look forward to squatting that much myself.

But the truth is, at the end of the day only a few people become able to squat as much.

These people are all bullshitting you. A 300kg squat would probably take 5-8 years of intense training, depending on your level of dedication and the intelligence of your training, as well as your genetic propensity towards it. I compete in powerlifting and have been lifting for 3 years with a 555lb (252.5kg) squat. I weigh roughly 90kg (198lbs) and with that squat I dominate a lot of my local meets. A 300kg squat at anything less than 130~kg would make you competitive in a national competition.

To get there, start with linear progression and do that until you can't keep adding weight. Once that happens, take 20% of the weight off the bar and try to progress again. You should get further that time. Do this whole process two more times, and you're done with linear progression.

From there, find a good intermediate program. I'd recommend THE BRIDGE tm. Run that, then look into 5/3/1. Keep grinding with that and consider getting a coach. Keep that up and keep researching stuff online. By the time you get to a 500lb squat, you should be able to know about your own programming.

Good luck user!

Once you take the nofap pill, it'll take you a year max.

Do ss
Then do tm
Then do cowboy
Then the russian 6 week
Then get coaching

I forgot to be above 100kg with kinda low bf unless you are genetic elite (if you post here you are not)

Literally who the fuck walks into the gym and squats 3pl8 the very first time?
I don't even think genetic freaks are that gifted.

Squatted 200kg easily at 19
I basically just run SL with some extra accessories and change the rep ranges and deload every few months. Took about 2 years to get here but wasted some time not focusing on squats too

This is a hard but true statement

The chances are you will never squat 300kg.
You certainly could not even approach that on linear progression.

Unless you are incredibly gifted your best bet is to eat a ridiculous amount and bloat hard, and jump on a ton of steroids.

Or, better yet, realize it’s probably a very unrealistic goal to set before you even know what you’re doing. And I know you don’t know what you’re doing precisely because you don’t realize how heavy 300kg is.

So the best advice would be to lower your goals, and focus on achieving something attainable for now. Let’s say you squat 100. Aim for 140 this year. Don’t worry about 300kg.

So you squat 200 for 5x5 at 19? If so that’s incredibly impressive and very competitive.

boy got some weird ass legs

Attached: f9b6c061dbb1f8ea61eba66fc34e181d.jpg (640x799, 69K)

I hit 180kg squat in 9 months lifting and 8 years later im only at 250 so just so you get an idea of how tough it is

I could squat 2.5 plates for 5 reps my second time squatting. I was a catcher in HS and have freaky good leg genetics though

For everyone saying nay and that it's not possible on linear progression, I believe it's likely that I could do it.

I linearly progressed to 210 kg x 5 last year, going up 2 kg/week. My program was literally this:

On Wednesdays, squat 1 set for 5 reps.

That was it. On Fridays I'd occasionally do 3 sets of 4 reps of medium weight front squats. It was a fucking meme of a program, but I never failed a set even once.

I have an identical twin brother that progressed to 230 kg x 5 in a similar fashion and stopped due to injury.

I think you'd need around 260 or 270 kg x 5. And I think, while hard and certainly pushing it, it'd definitely be possible for me to eek out a linear progress to 260, even if I had to slow the increases to 1kg/week and increase my bodyweight to do it.

I've just started lifting again and just want 230 kg x 5 right now. Concentrating on upper body for now. But if I ever get it I'll report back. :)

I'm squatting 5x5x160Kg after 13 months, and my pr is 182Kg. God, i would be glad if i could squat 5x5x220kg.

if i could get to a 250kg pr in the next 12-18 months it would feel amazing.

But, i'm also 35 and i had been a fencer with big ass legs.

t. quarter squatter

I film my sets at least once a month and go well below parallel. I used to do Olympic lifting, senpai.

There are three possibilities.
1. You’re incredibly gifted
2. You’re lying
3. You aren’t doing proper squats

Options 2 and 3 are much more likely than option 1. I will believe you if you post a video of you squatting 5 reps above 200kg, which shouldn’t be too difficult for you to provide. Oh wait, let me guess, you never videoed a set

Not posting videos of myself on Jow Forums, sorry.

It's whatever if you don't believe me, I am unquestionably genetically gifted at squatting. Some of the population is like that. Of course it's improbable (because it's a small percentage of people), but not impossible.

But yeah, 2 and 3 are obviously more likely, unfortunately.

If you are so good at squatting why did you make this thread? Surely you realize you have better insight into the answer of the question than most people on this board. Look, if you’re a generic freak who can linear progress to 300kg, that’s fantastic. But it seems very very unlikely to me.

Not OP, didn't make this thread.

Wanted to offer OP some hope that it might be possible for some people.

And no idea if I can actually do it. The only weight that I'm really 100% sure I can get is 250 kg. Anything after that is conjecture.

>squatting over 400kg your first-second year
I mean if you can’t achieve this you’ll be hard pressed to squat 300kg but it’ll take longer than 2 years

How about you squat 2 plates first with decent form op, then maybe you can dream of squatting 3 some day

Just a larping manlet then, typical

>I linearly progressed to 210 kg x 5 last year, going up 2 kg/week. My program was literally this:
>On Wednesdays, squat 1 set for 5 reps.
>That was it. On Fridays I'd occasionally do 3 sets of 4 reps of medium weight front squats. It was a fucking meme of a program, but I never failed a set even once.
That isn't liner progression dumbo.
That is weekly progression.

You’re the dumbo that’s still linear progression for all intents and purposes. No periodisation. No deloads. Getting heavier each week by the same amount. Sure as shit sounds like linear progression to me, or at least something so close that it might as well be

You can't. Nobody has ever progressed to 300kg with linear progression. Only way is with steroid use.

>i squat 157 pounds
Since you only squat that much, that means "can I squat 300kg with linear progression" stupidity is justified. You'll quickly learn that with linear progression, you'll constantly stall. And only way to progress will be months of accessory and high volume/lower intensity and lower volume/high intensity. Because through time, adding muscle becomes more difficult and for naturals, big muscles are strong muscles.